MadonnaNation.com Forums
karbatal

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray: RELEASE DATE September 15th

Some one please tell this aldo guy that his work really sucks. I mean he's the worst. I think anyone can do better job with paint progam.

Madonna needs Robster/Mattress talent over this amateur Caldo Díaz mess. 

On 6/2/2017 at 1:53 PM, Suedehead said:

Seriously the way things are going she'd be lucky if she gets over 5K sales in the UK and let's not talk about US or worldwide  :thumbsdown:

What a way to destroy one of her more loved tours and what could have been an opportunity to reconnect with a large chunk of her fanbase

Know that her hardcore fan base is a little less these days, but think there should be fans who would still collect physical copies. Worthwhile extras & great artwork would def make many fans spend their money on it.

From what I'm reading here, guess might be another disappointing release even though I'm grateful just to  receive a release after never receiving any for RIT.

2 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

IMG_7517.JPG

:lmao:

thank god the water bottle made the shot (it symbolises her holy water, right?)

2 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

IMG_7517.JPG

LOL. Epic. 

1 hour ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

:lmao:

thank god the water bottle made the shot (it symbolises her holy water, right?)

Right. IMG_7326.GIF

1 hour ago, Flip The Switch said:

I think we deserve something like this:

IMG_7524.JPG

Ugh. YESSSSSSSSSSSS. I just saw this on eBay. It's beautiful. 

16 hours ago, Kim said:

Mum, mum! I fell and broke my arm!....

Stop complaining! It could have been your neck! Then you'd really have something to moan about!

Sometimes it's OKAY to just give an opinion that doesn't always align with what team Madonna does or expects. 

When hardly anyone buys this, then I'm sure the blame will be put on the non-buyers rather than the fact they've put out a product with NO incentive to actually own it  other than having something "physical" to put on a shelf. 

Honestly, even if she included all of TOAC, every misc performance from the tour and backstage stuff as extras I still don't think it would sell a lot. The incentive to buy it is THE SHOW.  I didn't buy the whole Golden Girls series because I liked the covers and the lovely extras.....I bought it because I love the series. 

I get it....I'd like to have a ton of extras too! The more the better.....but "boycotting" it because it doesn't have them is OTT to me. At the end of the day, we're getting a physical release of the show. We can't say that for all of her tours and a lot of artists don't release most if any of their tours at all. 

I already have a DVD of the ShowTime special. If this DVD doesn't include the omitted performances, I'm not buying it. There would be no reason for me to own it.

8 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Honestly, even if she included all of TOAC, every misc performance from the tour and backstage stuff as extras I still don't think it would sell a lot. The incentive to buy it is THE SHOW.  I didn't buy the whole Golden Girls series because I liked the covers and the lovely extras.....I bought it because I love the series. 

I get it....I'd like to have a ton of extras too! The more the better.....but "boycotting" it because it doesn't have them is OTT to me. At the end of the day, we're getting a physical release of the show. We can't say that for all of her tours and a lot of artists don't release most if any of their tours at all. 

We've seen the show. We have the show. I have a 16GB HD rip that I can stream on my home network to my TV anytime I want. I can go on youtube and watch the whole thing right now. Why would I spend 20 quid on a blu-ray of something I already have? Not to mention the fact that "HD" in this instance means nothing as  the picture has been so filtered  as to be bereft of any true high-definition anyway. As many others have said, I'll get it when it's in the bargain bin.

The viewing figures indicate that the only people really interested in this release will be fans anyway. We have the fans that will buy any old shit with her name on it and that's fine (and that's why we repeatedly get inferior product). But even those fans are declining rapidly.

Reinstate the FULL show for purchase and streaming? Great. Include all the songs for TOAC that we've never heard her perform before? Well, that's a sale right here. But that's asking too much as usual.

If you think a TV cut of a concert, 14 minutes of bad jokes and a 3 minute performance of LAP (that isn't really an "extra" at all) is good value, or makes good business sense or is going to help the cause of getting future concerts released then... oh well.

If only she had released it a year ago... By september it will be as old as buying MDNA.  

I will buy of course,  but simply because I buy all. 

She should have released it in December, that was the perfect time, she was in the public eye that month with TOAC, Woman of the Year, the airing of the RH Tour on Showtime. 

Who do they think will care in September 2017? Over one year and a half after the end of the tour? Not even the MDNA Tour was released that late. 

I will buy it of course, I love the show and I can't wait for the live album but the extras are a total disappointment after such a long wait. 

1 hour ago, Orion said:

She should have released it in December, that was the perfect time, she was in the public eye that month with TOAC, Woman of the Year, the airing of the RH Tour on Showtime. 

Who do they think will care in September 2017? Over one year and a half after the end of the tour? Not even the MDNA Tour was released that late. 

I will buy it of course, I love the show and I can't wait for the live album but the extras are a total disappointment after such a long wait. 

The worst thing is that this will be the biggest flop of her musical career. It's not going to sell diddly squat. Outside the DVD charts, she will lucky to chart at all. She needs new management and to get up to speed on how things work today.

6 minutes ago, JWAD said:

The worst thing is that this will be the biggest flop of her musical career. It's not going to sell diddly squat. 

People said the same for the MDNA Tour in 2013 yet it sold almost 400.000 copies and was the biggest selling concert release of 2013.

Concert releases sell nothing today in general, but hers have always sold respectable figures, let's see this one. The time of release, as I said, is not on her side but who knows? over 1 million people saw the RH tour and we fans will buy it no matter what. 

27 minutes ago, Orion said:

it sold almost 400.000 copies and was the biggest selling concert release of 2013....

On what planet?

33 minutes ago, Kim said:

On what planet?

I'm pretty sure it sold between 350.000 and 375.000 or something like that.

I think on UKMIX there are some accurate figures.

According to Mediatraffic MDNA world Tour sold an estimated 300k across all formats, let's see what Rebel Heart sells..

As you can see below her sales have declined dramatically and the only one which sold brilliantly was Confessions as it was released perfectly due to people having the chance to buy the tour shortly after seeing it in concert. The only reason IGTTYAS sold reasonably was that it was her first ever live album on CD and had an incentive to buy - unreleased song, extras from the doc. Had she done the same for S&S she would have sold more than Confessions, it was her biggest tour and was seen by 4 million people. It was such a missed opportunity - it was released in 2010!

Feb 17, 2015
MADONNA'S GLOBAL ALBUM SALES

'I'm Going to Tell You a Secret' (2006) 0,8 million
'Confessions Tour' (2007) 1,3 million
'Sticky & Sweet Tour' (2010) 0,5 million
'MDNA World Tour' (2013) 0,3 million

35 minutes ago, Orion said:

I'm pretty sure it sold between 350.000 and 375.000 or something like that.

I think on UKMIX there are some accurate figures.

I saw those figures but they look like estimations...and 100k from Brazil alone just seems...weird. 

24 minutes ago, Kim said:

and 100k from Brazil alone just seems...weird. 

I agree, considering that "only" 150,000 people attended the shows in Brazil, 100k sales for the dvd sound a bit inflated imo...

What is the point of buying this (which is the Showtime edit) if I already have the Showtime HD file on my laptop? The extras are flimsy af and the packaging is pretty much guaranteed to be crap if Aldo is doing it. This will be lucky to sell more than 50,000 copies worldwide!

14 minutes ago, Hector said:

What is the point of buying this (which is the Showtime edit) if I already have the Showtime HD file on my laptop? This will be lucky to sell more than 50,000 copies worldwide!

Like I said in a previous post, if she's not going to make an effort in this release, what's the point in giving it a commercial release? If it's the Showtime edit with pathetic extras, im waiting until its £4 on Bluray, then buying it. I'm not paying full price for (yet another) sub-standard, lazy product from M and her team. 35 years later and they are still taking the piss. Give this woman the respect her legacy deserves!

49 minutes ago, Kim said:

I saw those figures but they look like estimations...and 100k from Brazil alone just seems...weird. 

26 minutes ago, Gus said:

I agree, considering that "only" 150,000 people attended the shows in Brazil, 100k sales for the dvd sound a bit inflated imo...

Actually it's certified 3xPlatinum in Brazil (90.000) 

They should include the Melbourne Tears of a clown concert with it as a bonus.  They filmed all of it and it is something that I imagine all Madonna fans would want to own. 

9 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

They should include the Melbourne Tears of a clown concert with it as a bonus.  They filmed all of it and it is something that I imagine all Madonna fans would want to own. 

I would love that, she performed so many wonderful songs and fan favorites :inlove: her vocals were on point too 

Will this release include a single CD or double? Sources are conflicting, does anyone know from original sourse, I have heard selected songs and 22 songs.

2 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Will this release include a single CD or double? Sources are conflicting, does anyone know from original sourse, I have heard selected songs and 22 songs.

We don't know as there has been no official information released on the CD

I hope it's (another) direct lift from the dvd/showtime audio (Detroit interlude and all) Just to read what excuses people come up with for that laziness as well :wow:

I legitimately wouldn't give a fuck if it's the Showtime edit. I loved what I saw and I watch it often. It's beautiful. I'm still grateful that Madonna cares to film, edit, and release tours 34 years into her career.

Mariah doesn't do it.
Janet doesn't do it.
Cher doesn't do it.
Celine doesn't do it.
Britney doesn't do it.
Gaga doesn't do it.
And Michael and Whitney weren't doing it before they died.

Other fan bases would kill to get what we do. And anyway, nothing has been confirmed yet. We know nothing except that it's getting an official release.