MadonnaNation.com Forums
karbatal

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray: RELEASE DATE September 15th

Bat-Fan    0

Still nothing from madonna.com or her instagram

With all the fans she has that make mock ups of her tour releases (some of them are extraordinary) she chooses something so LQ and amateur. I get it, maybe she's trying to support people to further themselves however, excusing the poor execution of it does not deserve to be recommended. I can take the BIM cover for being wacky and crazy as the song is itself however, the tour which sported some of the best visuals along with the album campaign is being reduced to a photoshopped Brit award photo with a caped tacked on instead of horns, mirrored minotaur (the same person) and a stolen Wonder Woman background.

She simply could have used the album cover, a throwaway shot unseen from the photoshoots she did, a selfie from the crowd (similar to the Sorry single cover) or even had a fan competition among web designers (to be) to help craft her live release instead she goes for unimaginative, tacky and low-rent work. I will never understand how her quality when it comes to releases and her management has taken such a slip lately. 

Sanctuary    0
On 5/12/2017 at 6:11 AM, Msig said:

:tigger::tigger::tigger: Finally!

This cover art is a little tragic, to be honest. 

Edited by Sanctuary

Sanctuary    0
On 5/12/2017 at 2:31 AM, JWAD said:

I totally agree that it's the diehard fans who will buy it. This is why I don't understand why she doesn't produce Special Edition versions with exclusive extras, poster, postcards, goodies etc. We will buy it!

I completely agree. With the amount of unreleased material, demos, remixes, live performances etc, you'd think she'd slap on a few tracks and some fancy packaging. I just got the Ray of Light Limited Edition and Music Limited Edition. The packaging is amazing for both. So beautifully done. American Life Limited Edition was gorgeous as well and included a stamp sheet and awesome poster. All of this has been lacking lately. :-(

the-queen    0

The cover is OK, but isn't it just a placeholder for now?

roma    0

I suspect its Guy who has got close with this fan and thinks its a great way to save money. Madonna does not care about that anymore and unfortunately if Madonna is told lots of fans hate it she will do it even more to be a rebel!!

acko    0

That is hands down one of the ugliest artworks of her career...

I mean really....

cocolattee    0

I wished they just used the "Joan of Arc" picture with the sword and called it a day

Routa    0

Finally we have a date yay! But the cover... oh hell. Its horrendous, sorry :(

alquemist    0

Thanks for the info.

But: I refuse to believe that this is the real and official cover...

Shaun    0
15 hours ago, Starman said:

Cant wait to see the booklet and the menu

tumblr_opnol3v2sU1vrjwbvo1_500.gif

spotlight    0

Why hasnt she mentioned the release date yet on her Instagram. It's driving me crazy 

58 minutes ago, spotlight said:

Why hasnt she mentioned the release date yet on her Instagram. It's driving me crazy 

It's nowhere including madonna.com. Except that strange press release coming from Netherlands or France or somewhere. It's strange. 

Pedro    0

hawes-king    0

Is the information about release date even true? hence no confirmation from Madonna she did say around her birthday which is a month before the supposed release date

Bill    0
1 hour ago, animalinstinct said:

Will 'If I Had A Hammer' and 'TOAC' will be included on the CD?

I hope so!  We better get "If I Had a Hammer" in some capacity other than being played during closing credits or something... Otherwise, what was the point of recording it??

Bat-Fan    0
3 hours ago, hawes-king said:

Is the information about release date even true? hence no confirmation from Madonna she did say around her birthday which is a month before the supposed release date

I am starting to think this news is just bull. Madonna.com is slow but if there was a real PR, they would mention it.

luluthecat    0
2 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

I think we need to accept that the possibly of extras like that are pretty unlikely. It's just gonna what we saw on Showtime, maybe with 20 minutes of 'Behind the scenes with the dancers workshop'....maybe a "gallery' and then 2 CD's of the audio of the DVD and some horrendous artwork. 

Je5u5    0
6 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

Why would they be? Expect a CD with songs from the actual show.