MadonnaNation.com Forums
karbatal

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray: RELEASE DATE September 15th

49 minutes ago, Leebf said:

Seems like the non fans quite like this show.

This. I watched with two casuals last weekend and they both seemed to love it. We're a bit more critical because we're so obsessive. The show (and how it's edited) is a triumph.

Fans get pissy every time a home video is released, like they're surprised by how bad it is. Seriously, what did you all expect? 

I love M dearly, but the woman has never put out a good home video release. She doesn't care about this stuff and it shows -- for Christ's sake, it's going on 30 years since BAT and the most famous and important tour of her career remains a laserdisc-only release. Unless iTunes concert video sales suddenly blow up, she's not going to put any effort into these releases because they're not huge moneymakers.

On 5/29/2017 at 10:40 AM, Jitterbug said:

It was just the editing. It didn't do the show justice. A Madonna show isn't meant to be watched like that but then again, I'm not really fond of the Rebel Heart Tour apart from some great parts throughout the show.

+ 1 to this. I found the editing a bit nauseating -- and I mean that literally. The cuts were so fast and frequent in some spots that I got a headache. Maybe I'm getting old, but I'll probably never watch the show from beginning to end again. It's a bit sad saying that. This is my favorite M tour since at least Confessions.

On 2017-05-26 at 11:55 PM, Pedro said:

This is like when your parents tell you that there's no Santa Claus, you already knew but wanted to keep on believing (and receiving) LOL 😂 

🎵I light this candle and watch it throw
Tears on my pillow
And if there is a Christ, he'll come tonight
To pray for a full length release
And if I have nothing left to show
Tears on my pillow
What kind of life is this if God exists
Then help me pray for a full length release🎵

:lmao:

9 hours ago, SPM said:

"..."We're a bit more critical because we're so obsessive. The show (and how it's edited) is a triumph.

This:clap::clap::clap::clap:

9 hours ago, SPM said:

This. I watched with two casuals last weekend and they both seemed to love it. We're a bit more critical because we're so obsessive. The show (and how it's edited) is a triumph.

We learned it from the best. We're spoiled. 

Looking forward to preordering this!

4 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

Looking forward to preordering this!

Wont that be in like august

Just now, Bat-Fan said:

Wont that be in like august

I don't know

NO sale. The days of serving up the bare minimum and getting away with it are long gone Madge. 

So what was the setlist they played on channel 9?

3 hours ago, robjob_77 said:

So what was the setlist they played on channel 9?

Everything except for the following:

BIM

Devil Pray

Holy Water

S.E.X.

Illuminati

Messiah

They edited LS out of the DYU/ITG/LS medley, removed LDLHA from HeartBreakCity and didn't show the "extra" performance of LAP.  Reports of the show being "butchered" are grossly exaggerated :beret:

1 hour ago, Carta said:

They edited LS out of the DYU/ITG/LS medley, removed LDLHA from HeartBreakCity and didn't show the "extra" performance of LAP. 

These are the cuts already from the regular Showtime broadcast anyway.

1 hour ago, VogueMusic said:

These are the cuts already from the regular Showtime broadcast anyway.

That's right.

Seriously the way things are going she'd be lucky if she gets over 5K sales in the UK and let's not talk about US or worldwide  :thumbsdown:

What a way to destroy one of her more loved tours and what could have been an opportunity to reconnect with a large chunk of her fanbase

EXCLUSIVE!

Album cover revealed:

IMG_9345.PNG

I bet that'll be better than the final version :lmao:

8 hours ago, JWAD said:

EXCLUSIVE!

Album cover revealed:

IMG_9345.PNG

LOL. :dead:

9 hours ago, JWAD said:

EXCLUSIVE!

Album cover revealed:

IMG_9345.PNG

This would actually be amazing. (minus the text)

The final version will be 10 times worse. 

Has Aldo Diaz been arrested yet?

I think the key for success here is to wait ten years to release it. By then, RHT will be alongside RIT, BA and the full VT as one of those missing, elusive official releases we never got. We already know as time marches on the eras are probably going to be less and less commercially successful so not only will we be happy to FINALLY get ANY version of RHT officially released, but it'll also be a "throwback" to the "good old days" when Madonna was a major touring force and could shift a million copies of an album. :smile:

I'm partially joking of course.....I'm just shocked (but not really) at some people saying they want no release just because it's not done EXACTLY as you built it up in your own minds. Quite honestly, that's not really Madonna's problem if you completely created this idea of what the release should be and then her version doesn't fit that. So...in ten years, you'll take ANYTHING at that point. 

Be happy we're getting any release of the tour. Nobody buys this shit anymore (and that goes for just about any artist), so she doesn't really HAVE to do this anymore. 

My Mum caught the broadcast here in Australia and made a point of telling me how wonderful she thought it was, and that it looked like an amazing concert. She's not a huge Madonna fan (leans more towards Adele... oh Mum :wacko:) so I took it as a stamp of quality that it held her interest and garnered her admiration.

let's discuss what this means

I'm Going to Tell You a Secret. - The cover has not been chosen yet ... Bobos rsrs

18722486_946125862196629_6635912003477045248_n.jpg

1 hour ago, BrendanT1993 said:

I'm Going to Tell You a Secret. - The cover has not been chosen yet ... Bobos rsrs

This guy is the worst! No design ability at all. He doesn't even realise that he has widened and stretched the Rebel Heart Tour typography. As per my previous posts, he doesn't even know he's using the Brit Awards imagery for a tour which started months later. 👎🏻

I don't think the image necessarily has to be from the tour...but it should at least be professional in presentation. Whatever it's going to be.

9 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

I think the key for success here is to wait ten years to release it. By then, RHT will be alongside RIT, BA and the full VT as one of those missing, elusive official releases we never got. We already know as time marches on the eras are probably going to be less and less commercially successful so not only will we be happy to FINALLY get ANY version of RHT officially released, but it'll also be a "throwback" to the "good old days" when Madonna was a major touring force and could shift a million copies of an album. :smile:

I'm partially joking of course.....I'm just shocked (but not really) at some people saying they want no release just because it's not done EXACTLY as you built it up in your own minds. Quite honestly, that's not really Madonna's problem if you completely created this idea of what the release should be and then her version doesn't fit that. So...in ten years, you'll take ANYTHING at that point. 

Be happy we're getting any release of the tour. Nobody buys this shit anymore (and that goes for just about any artist), so she doesn't really HAVE to do this anymore. 

Mum, mum! I fell and broke my arm!....

Stop complaining! It could have been your neck! Then you'd really have something to moan about!

Sometimes it's OKAY to just give an opinion that doesn't always align with what team Madonna does or expects. 

When hardly anyone buys this, then I'm sure the blame will be put on the non-buyers rather than the fact they've put out a product with NO incentive to actually own it  other than having something "physical" to put on a shelf. 

6 hours ago, BrendanT1993 said:

This will do well in China.

57 minutes ago, Kim said:

Mum, mum! I fell and broke my arm!....

Stop complaining! It could have been your neck! Then you'd really have something to moan about!

Sometimes it's OKAY to just give an opinion that doesn't always align with what team Madonna does or expects. 

When hardly anyone buys this, then I'm sure the blame will be put on the non-buyers rather than the fact they've put out a product with NO incentive to actually own it  other than having something "physical" to put on a shelf. 

Thank you!

6 hours ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Awful and the font is distorted. 👎🏻