MadonnaNation.com Forums
karbatal

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray: RELEASE DATE September 15th

13 minutes ago, acko said:

Remind me a bit, was it about the remix vs album version?

Yes, the original tracklisting had the IC remix wich caused a massive meltdown/ bitch-fest, and it was later replaced with the album version.

I'm not 100% sure with this(can't believe that almost 10 years have gone by since!), but i believe something similar happened with the Celebration video collection, with the Erotica video i think? Maybe someone else remembers?

8 minutes ago, Gus said:

Yes, the original tracklisting had the IC remix wich caused a massive meltdown/ bitch-fest, and it was later replaced with the album version.

I'm not 100% sure with this(can't believe that almost 10 years have gone by since!), but i believe something similar happened with the Celebration video collection, with the Erotica video i think? Maybe someone else remembers?

:rotfl: Yessss....

I remember Guy walked by at a Sticky gig, and I asked out loud in the middle of a crowd: "When is the compilation gonna b released?"
and he gave this really stately response, like it was a matter of national interest "A statement will b released shortly", he said...
But we had all kinda figured out it would b september, so I go "But it's september, right!" and he just went red like I had put him on the spot or something and turned his head away :rotfl:

1 minute ago, acko said:

:rotfl: Yessss....

I remember Guy walked by at a Sticky gig, and I asked out loud in the middle of a crowd: "When is the compilation gonna b released?"
and he gave this really stately response, like it was a matter of national interest "A statement will b released shortly", he said...
But we had all kinda figured out it would b september, so I go "But it's september, right!" and he just went a red like I had put him on the spot and turned his head away :rotfl:

:chuckle:

He totally knows that he will be in his deathbed and he will still be asked about the Virgin/ BAT Paris/ RIT dvds...

Serves him right. 

:rotfl:

Rebel Heart Tour DVD? I thought that whore died!! 

It airs on Tuesday in Spain

DA6wnLCXgAAh5v1.jpg

2 hours ago, Suedehead said:

Rebel Heart Tour DVD? I thought that whore died!! 

:IMG_1564:

7 hours ago, Sanctuary said:

I love that you are using Madonna lyrics to pray. AMAZING. :inlove::inlove::inlove:

LOL 

Direct line with Godonna 🙏🏻 

Australian screening on network TV...butchered! So many songs cut :angry:

Imagine if her response to this backlash was simply cancelling the release, who'd be moaning then?

1 hour ago, San said:

Australian screening on network TV...butchered! So many songs cut :angry:

I was stunned at first, but then I really didn't mind - the last time a Madonna concert was shown on Australian TV was 2001, so although I missed seeing the whole concert, it was brilliant to see her on TV again.  Given the 2-hour timeslot they'd allocated to it (including ads), it's not a surprise that they edited out a lot.  Whoever edited it for Channel 9 chose to leave in every song that the much maligned general public would know, and removed the RH album tracks (plus BIM).  They obviously wanted it to rate decently, so it will be interesting to see the figures.

It was cool seeing so many familiar faces in the crowd (San and Carley multiple times)!  At first, I was confused at the close ups I saw of people I'd met overseas (and who I was sure hadn't been in Sydney), but then I realised that the whole concert is a mixture of footage from around the world (LAV would have confused the hell out of people, though - she was alternating between two different outfits in just about every shot, although I'm sure this was discussed to death in December!  :beret:).

Some people I know who didn't see the show live were texting me to tell me how brilliant it was, so it can't have been that bad :inlove:  I'm glad I finally got to see it (I haven't had a chance to watch the Showtime version).

Upset that channel 9 cut so many good songs. I expected it though due to the 2hr show time including ads. But still sad that some of the best bits were missing.

But i was happy to see it again and relive the fabulous concert. Unfortunately only my back appeared in the footage during material girl lol typical.  

Watched the live stream and the editing and audio is horrible!! Very cringe worthy to watch. I'll prob stick to the YouTube fan videos thanks. It's like MDNA Tour DVD Part 2.

Devo! They didn't air it in Perth. 

Got all excited for nothing, can't believe how shit Australian TV is. Maybe Perth got omitted from the broadcast because she didn't come here.

Just now, Rugbyguy said:

Devo! They didn't air it in Perth. 

Got all excited for nothing, can't believe how shit Australian TV is. Maybe Perth got omitted from the broadcast because she didn't come here.

It got omitted everywhere except NSW and QL.

19 minutes ago, Jitterbug said:

Watched the live stream and the editing and audio is horrible!! Very cringe worthy to watch. I'll prob stick to the YouTube fan videos thanks. It's like MDNA Tour DVD Part 2.

"Cringe worthy"?  How can anything featuring two hours of Madonna in concert be described like that?  :beret: 

6 minutes ago, Carta said:

"Cringe worthy"?  How can anything featuring two hours of Madonna in concert be described like that?  :beret: 

It was just the editing. It didn't do the show justice. A Madonna show isn't meant to be watched like that but then again, I'm not really fond of the Rebel Heart Tour apart from some great parts throughout the show.

Just now, Jitterbug said:

It was just the editing. It didn't do the show justice. A Madonna show isn't meant to be watched like that but then again, I'm not really fond of the Rebel Heart Tour apart from some great parts throughout the show.

Wash your mouth out with soap, young man!!!!  :drama:

Just now, Carta said:

Wash your mouth out with soap, young man!!!!  :drama:

I do have a soft spot for it because it was the first time and only time I had ever seen Madonna live! So it brings back special memories to a different time in my life.

Just now, Jitterbug said:

I do have a soft spot for it because it was the first time and only time I had ever seen Madonna live! So it brings back special memories to a different time in my life.

See?  I knew you'd find something to like about it :inlove:

14 minutes ago, Carta said:

See?  I knew you'd find something to like about it :inlove:

I hate the staging but loved the visuals.

OMG It's being streamed on the Channel 9 app. IT'S AMAZING!!!!

Who cares about the editing, the show is great and Madonna looks so beautiful. So many incredible memories of the best night of my entire life!!!!

4 hours ago, Carta said:

I was stunned at first, but then I really didn't mind - the last time a Madonna concert was shown on Australian TV was 2001, so although I missed seeing the whole concert, it was brilliant to see her on TV again.  Given the 2-hour timeslot they'd allocated to it (including ads), it's not a surprise that they edited out a lot.  Whoever edited it for Channel 9 chose to leave in every song that the much maligned general public would know, and removed the RH album tracks (plus BIM).  They obviously wanted it to rate decently, so it will be interesting to see the figures.

It was cool seeing so many familiar faces in the crowd (San and Carley multiple times)!  At first, I was confused at the close ups I saw of people I'd met overseas (and who I was sure hadn't been in Sydney), but then I realised that the whole concert is a mixture of footage from around the world (LAV would have confused the hell out of people, though - she was alternating between two different outfits in just about every shot, although I'm sure this was discussed to death in December!  :beret:).

Some people I know who didn't see the show live were texting me to tell me how brilliant it was, so it can't have been that bad :inlove:  I'm glad I finally got to see it (I haven't had a chance to watch the Showtime version).

Thanks for the info! That's interesting. So no "Iconic" opener? Just started with "Burning Up"? Weird. I take personal offense to "Illuminati" being removed if that's the case. That interlude was brilliant.

7 hours ago, Pedro said:

LOL 

Direct line with Godonna 🙏🏻 

OMG. :dead:

17 hours ago, Carta said:

People responding very well to it..... hmmmmmm, who would'a thought?  :wink:

17 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

Imagine if her response to this backlash was simply cancelling the release, who'd be moaning then?

Good question. Say it again.

I think the show is brilliantly edited and has a great setlist/aesthetic. That's enough for me, sure a great package and extras is always a plus but we know damn sure her team is lazy as fuck and that won't change anytime soon. 

17 hours ago, Nightshade said:

Thanks for the info! That's interesting. So no "Iconic" opener? Just started with "Burning Up"? Weird. I take personal offense to "Illuminati" being removed if that's the case. That interlude was brilliant.

They kept "Iconic" (they started with her in the cage - none of the footage before she appeared) and then went straight into "Burning Up".  All of the interludes were scrapped.  The only RH tracks that remained were "Iconic", "Living For Love", "Heartbreak City", "Unapologetic Bitch" and "Rebel Heart" (sorry - my original post was misleading).

I rewatched tonight on channel 9 website and the show was much better with all the missing songs now back in the recording. 

I loved it and the way its been filmed and edited. Sure it is a little distracting in like a virgin and la isla bonita with the multiple hairstyles and costumes but after a while i got used to it and just concentrated on the show.

I watched it with my partners mum and sister and they really loved the show and said she looked amazing couldnt believe how young she looked. They loved her dancing and singing and i noticed that by the end of rebel heart they were singing along.  They noticed the cuts in the songs but played a game of counting all the different types of costumes and hairstyles so they didnt mind at all and liked the way the show was presented.

Seems like the non fans quite like this show.