karbatal

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray: RELEASE DATE September 15th

901 posts in this topic

:boozehound:

Madonna can't afford real graphic designers 

Madonna can't afford really graphic designers 

4 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

^   :dead::dead::dead:     Best. Post. Ever.

Haha I second this :lmao:

It has been stated by Aldo himself that this is not the DVD cover. Why is everyone still angry?

34 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

It has been stated by Aldo himself that this is not the DVD cover. Why is everyone still angry?

Because said that the cover can be even worse..

53 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Have you seen his work?  And supposedly he's still doing the cover, so...

8 hours ago, jojuun said:

e.gif?w=625&h=351

What the actual fuck is THAT?????
This is truly the shittiest cover of her career. Oh my god. 

If this is indeed the final cover we need to find that Aldo Diaz dude...

madBIM.jpg

This is truly awful and I even "get" why she chose (if she did) that cheesy Bitch I'm Madonna single cover he designed. At least that was funny in some way. But THIS? This isn't even funny. It's just awful and I have never, ever, in all the many, many years I've been a Madonna die-hard fan felt the need to petition or some shit. But this??????? What's Guy O's email address? Let's fix this shit guys what the actual fuck. She can't fucking put THAT shit out. What the fuuuuuuuck??!!?!?!?!!

Out of all of the options of fanmade Rebel Heart Tour covers and the fact she's fucking Madonna and could get ANY graphic designer in the world to take care of her artwork in a heartbeat, THAT SHIT is what we get?!?!

I MEAN:

136991481474746.png?itok=Dp0JLhYq

Madonna-Rebel-Heart-Tour-2015.png

20160318-fan-1.jpg

@Royal T was prophetic with his post last year...

YAJTW3H.jpg

She might as well make this joke above the cover if we're gonna stoop that low now.

This is fucking ugly as shit and I'm personally holding that Aldo guy responsible for being the absolute biggest shit stain on M's ENTIRE discography. Years from now, his name will still cause laughter and cringing from fans who'll forever be resentful. This is the woman who won the Best Album Package Grammy in 1998! (technically Kevin Reagan won, he's Ray Of Light's graphic designer)

I CANNOT GET OVER THIS

WHAT THE FUCK

She must be trolling us and must've read the thread on here where people are laughing at her artwork and Aldo Diaz (aka the one were that ^ shit cover is from). There's no other possible explanation. Is it really that necessary to piss us off too? I LOVE that she pisses of establishment and wears grills, twerks, whatever the fuck... But this is just a really bad joke. Don't piss off the fans? Most of us are flaming faggots who live for album artwork. We buy her shit in the standard version, the deluxe, the Japanese version, the UK edition, the whatever-else-fucking edition because we care and live for that shit and this is our latest "gift"? This isn't even "purposefully tacky and funny" like the Hard Candy artwork. This is plain SHIT.

LMAO 

My first Madonna meltdown. After all these years.

LAWD THIS WOMAN... I cannot.

*will change the artwork in both iTunes AND my physical copy if this shit is the official cover*
*hopes Guy Oseary gets crabs and the flu if he let this happen*
*hopes Madonna finds another queen with Photoshop who tags her daily on Instagram and falls in love with a pretty fanmade cover*

/mental breakdown

birdcage_albert_i-cant.gif?w=620

:dead:

1 hour ago, Bat-Fan said:

Because it's probably gonna be worse? :scared:

:lmao:

2 hours ago, loowee said:

Because it's probably gonna be worse? :scared:

Is that possible?

21 hours ago, dylanciccone_ said:

It's also hilarious he basically mirrored Lil' Buck twice as he's the same minotaur on the cover. Talk about a mess.:banghead:

Yes, and Madonna's feet are part missing. I really hope they put it right because it looks incredibly cheap and amateur. This Aldo guy really is a shit stain on Madonna's excellent body of work. Get fucking rid.

11 hours ago, jojuun said:

e.gif?w=625&h=351

What the actual fuck is THAT?????
This is truly the shittiest cover of her career. Oh my god. 

If this is indeed the final cover we need to find that Aldo Diaz dude...

madBIM.jpg

This is truly awful and I even "get" why she chose (if she did) that cheesy Bitch I'm Madonna single cover he designed. At least that was funny in some way. But THIS? This isn't even funny. It's just awful and I have never, ever, in all the many, many years I've been a Madonna die-hard fan felt the need to petition or some shit. But this??????? What's Guy O's email address? Let's fix this shit guys what the actual fuck. She can't fucking put THAT shit out. What the fuuuuuuuck??!!?!?!?!!

Out of all of the options of fanmade Rebel Heart Tour covers and the fact she's fucking Madonna and could get ANY graphic designer in the world to take care of her artwork in a heartbeat, THAT SHIT is what we get?!?!

I MEAN:

136991481474746.png?itok=Dp0JLhYq

Madonna-Rebel-Heart-Tour-2015.png

20160318-fan-1.jpg

@Royal T was prophetic with his post last year...

YAJTW3H.jpg

She might as well make this joke above the cover if we're gonna stoop that low now.

This is fucking ugly as shit and I'm personally holding that Aldo guy responsible for being the absolute biggest shit stain on M's ENTIRE discography. Years from now, his name will still cause laughter and cringing from fans who'll forever be resentful. This is the woman who won the Best Album Package Grammy in 1998! (technically Kevin Reagan won, he's Ray Of Light's graphic designer)

I CANNOT GET OVER THIS

WHAT THE FUCK

She must be trolling us and must've read the thread on here where people are laughing at her artwork and Aldo Diaz (aka the one were that ^ shit cover is from). There's no other possible explanation. Is it really that necessary to piss us off too? I LOVE that she pisses of establishment and wears grills, twerks, whatever the fuck... But this is just a really bad joke. Don't piss off the fans? Most of us are flaming faggots who live for album artwork. We buy her shit in the standard version, the deluxe, the Japanese version, the UK edition, the whatever-else-fucking edition because we care and live for that shit and this is our latest "gift"? This isn't even "purposefully tacky and funny" like the Hard Candy artwork. This is plain SHIT.

LMAO 

My first Madonna meltdown. After all these years.

LAWD THIS WOMAN... I cannot.

*will change the artwork in both iTunes AND my physical copy if this shit is the official cover*
*hopes Guy Oseary gets crabs and the flu if he let this happen*
*hopes Madonna finds another queen with Photoshop who tags her daily on Instagram and falls in love with a pretty fanmade cover*

/mental breakdown

birdcage_albert_i-cant.gif?w=620

:dead::lmao:

To be honest the hysteria in this thread is just what it is: hysteria on an internet forum with about 10-15 people who pay particular attention to her foot or the picture or whatever. 

The truth of the matter is in the mainstream no one gives a shit about DVD artwork. Let alone about buying DVDs. 

Which I suppose brings the issue full circle because Madonna and her team live in la la land where they think her DVD may sell hundreds of thousands of copies. The fact is at this point her main market is precisely the fans who are throwing tantrums on internet forums for cropped images and bad graphics. 

So she owes us a semi decent cover pic. 

Does that make sense? 

38 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

Does that make sense? 

Yes. People need to understand that some fans act so melodramatic because a) they care about Madonna's (rare) releases and cherish them and b) appreciate nice things.

Let's be pro-active y'all. Aldo is clearly a bottom who says he's a top.

Who's willing to fuck and get us a decent cover?

DO IT FOR THE TEAM

81444-3.jpg

the dvd covers are her new grills

7 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

It's not like the official will be any better considering his work lol 

Everybody pitch in a quarter so we can buy him  a "Graphic Design for Dummies" manual!

9 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

Because he is absolutely shit. I've got a degree in Graphic Design and his work is that of someone who loves to play around in Photoshop and not of a designer. He has no concept whatsoever regarding typography (I cannot believe he used a lookalike font on the BIM single for the "feat. Nicki Minaj" and also that TOAC booklet). 

He uses blurring all the time and thinks this is creative. He also does no research into the images he's using as he is using one from her Brit Awards performance in his "poster" and doesn't even know it!!!

Anybody who dare dare says he is a designer, has to go....

The picture is gorgeous but is ruined by a dreadful artwork/00's landscape effect. 

so nothing yet?

meh

I actually think my 'meltdown' over 'just a cover' is pretty justified. If you don't care about the physical package then whats the point of even buying it? You can stream the entire show right now (for free if you wish!!?) and in HD!

If people really don't care packaging in then why the hell do they spend £20 + for bloody vinyl re-issues etc - it sure as hell isn't for the content. I don't know who M and her team think are going to be buying this DVD, but they should at least make it a desirable item for her fans to buy. 

I mean FFS drag queen reality show contestant albums have better and more professional artwork!! (No shade to Alaska) 

I think the cover is the ultimate poster child of how messy her brand has gotten lately.

Ever since MDNA all releases (marketing-wise) felt stupid and not very thought through. From the messy YT/Vevo channel, to the Ghosttown/meerkat desaster, to the rushed album release, to the RH single covers etc. The list just doesn't end. And a cover as poorly executed as this is not acceptable from the woman that has created the greatest visuals in music history and relied on images so heavy throughout her entire career. The greatest pop star alive deserves a greater treatment overall. 

The model has completely changed though. The music industry is not what it used to be. I don't really blame her to be honest. She has nothing left to prove. 

The problem is not the artwork or the promo (or lack of it), it's the fact that her legacy is now being undermined by many factors, and her mismanagement is only one aspect of that.