MadonnaNation.com Forums
karbatal

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray: RELEASE DATE September 15th

Jazzy Jan    0

I understand anyone not wanting to buy this if there is nothing new from the Showtime special and that is what they were going to buy it for - added bonuses.  But IF you had every intention of getting it either way - to say you are not going to buy it just because of the crappy cover -  is denying yourself something you want over a DVD cover. The cover should not be the deal breaker so don't deny yourself the concert to own if you were going to get it.  The concert itself it the main deal.  

DagIN    0
9 hours ago, loowee said:

From Aldo:

"This is not the cover, this is the poster, but I'm the one making the official cover."

I know this is petty but can we actually start a petition or spam M's instagram or do something to STOP this????

Is that true? Here's hoping the 'official' cover is going to be a little better then.

What poster is he talking about though, like, for promo purposes? Someone should tell that asshole to go out more and get inspired because his shitty artwork is the most offensive stuff I have ever seen. Geez

vocalism    0

This thread is amazing. 

I like the poster/cover. I think she should release a double DVD and put all of the "Rebel" songs (old and new) on one and the "Heart" songs on the other, mixed in with the TOAC versions so everything is out of order and like it's a new show, but "Take a Bow" and "Who's That Girl" should be re-performed in her bathroom with the twins like how some of the RH demos were redone. And then don't include any credits or tracklisting so we can all be surprised. Also, compress all of it so it looks like it was downloaded from YouTube.

Nightshade    0

Certainly everyone is allowed their opinion, this is a forum after all. But after losing MJ, Prince, and Whitney, I don't have much appetite for telling M I don't want her to release a phenomenal concert film just because it isn't 100% what I wanted or because the DVD cover is subpar. 

VogueMusic    0

Just out of curiosity...when did we ever get official confirmation that we were ever getting a longer edit? Or more songs? Or any bonuses? 

anastaza    0
1 hour ago, Nightshade said:

Certainly everyone is allowed their opinion, this is a forum after all. But after losing MJ, Prince, and Whitney, I don't have much appetite for telling M I don't want her to release a phenomenal concert film just because it isn't 100% what I wanted or because the DVD cover is subpar. 

Some perspective, man. Thank you.

Seriously, I had no idea a DVD/Blu ray cover was such a fucking deal breaker. Wow. 

VogueMusic    0
6 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

I understand anyone not wanting to buy this if there is nothing new from the Showtime special and that is what they were going to buy it for - added bonuses.  But IF you had every intention of getting it either way - to say you are not going to buy it just because of the crappy cover -  is denying yourself something you want over a DVD cover. The cover should not be the deal breaker so don't deny yourself the concert to own if you were going to get it.  The concert itself it the main deal.  

2 hours ago, Nightshade said:

The cover could be of Gypsy taking a fucking dump on the horse farm in the Hamptons. It's a Madonna concert (and a FABULOUS one at that). I'm buying it.

Illuminati    0

Really hoping for Who's That Girl as a bonus track. That song was my emotional highlight of the show.

Mmmmm    0
49 minutes ago, anastaza said:

Seriously, I had no idea a DVD/Blu ray cover was such a fucking deal breaker. Wow. 

They don't deserve to be FANS! 

loowee    0
55 minutes ago, anastaza said:

It's not just about it being a DVD cover, what's more important is the fact that it represents how sloppy and tasteless she/her team has become when it comes to her artistic direction. (Thank GOD they didn't ruin the RH deluxe cover.) I can't even think of any major artist who has put out artworks as amateur and tacky as this Aldo Diaz mess. He is on his way to become the graphic designer for her next album and I'm not even being funny.  

13 minutes ago, Mmmmm said:

They don't deserve to be FANS! 

Yeah we are one of the few ones who have always stood by her post-2008 and defended the Met Gala dresses, the BIM campaign, her music output, her messy instagram posts and even her grillz. But somehow we don't deserve to be fans because we're not defending the tragic cover. 

VogueMusic    0
4 minutes ago, loowee said:

But somehow we don't deserve to be fans because we're not defending the tragic cover. 

Uh, nobody's defending the cover babe. Trust. :lmao:

Carta    0

Has everybody missed the post where Aldo says that the image that everyone is having a major meltdown over isn't actually the cover?  Why let the truth prevent a good old dramatic meltdown...! :wacko:

I can't wait to buy this.  I haven't seen the Showtime version and now that Australian TV has cancelled its plans to air it, this will probably be the first version I see.  Didn't Madonna herself say that she had to edit the show down to fit Showtime's requirements, and that the full version would be made available? 

anastaza    0
17 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

Right?? 

I never said I loved the damn thing. It's just... lol never mind.

Mattress    0

I'm so excited.

We better get a specially mixed CD release this time, like I'm Going To Tell You A Secret, versus the "let's slap the audio track from the DVD onto a CD" approach of the past 10 years.

anastaza    0
1 hour ago, VogueMusic said:

The cover could be of Gypsy taking a fucking dump on the horse farm in the Hamptons. It's a Madonna concert (and a FABULOUS one at that). I'm buying it.

Yes!!!

VogueMusic    0
11 minutes ago, Carta said:

Has everybody missed the post where Aldo says that the image that everyone is having a major meltdown over isn't actually the cover?  Why let the truth prevent a good old dramatic meltdown...! :wacko:

You think he's going to come up with something better...?  :chuckle:

Carta    0
1 minute ago, VogueMusic said:

You think he's going to come up with something better...?  :chuckle:

I don't know.  Neither do you, for that matter.... :beret:

VogueMusic    0
Just now, Carta said:

I don't know.  Neither do you, for that matter.... :beret:

tumblr_nix3q9d22i1qk08n1o1_500.gif

Carta    0
1 minute ago, VogueMusic said:

tumblr_nix3q9d22i1qk08n1o1_500.gif

:tigger:

Carta    0
Just now, VogueMusic said:

tumblr_nix3ub8wG61qk08n1o1_500.gif

:nervous:

Mmmmm    0
53 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

Haha exactly! It's the fans that are willing to throw their fan cards over this is stupid. 

Mmmmm    0
55 minutes ago, loowee said:

It's not just about it being a DVD cover, what's more important is the fact that it represents how sloppy and tasteless she/her team has become when it comes to her artistic direction. (Thank GOD they didn't ruin the RH deluxe cover.) I can't even think of any major artist who has put out artworks as amateur and tacky as this Aldo Diaz mess. He is on his way to become the graphic designer for her next album and I'm not even being funny.  

Yeah we are one of the few ones who have always stood by her post-2008 and defended the Met Gala dresses, the BIM campaign, her music output, her messy instagram posts and even her grillz. But somehow we don't deserve to be fans because we're not defending the tragic cover. 

You would have slaughtered this cover too if this was released now. People are so over dramatic 

IMG_4632.JPG

Mmmmm    0
1 hour ago, VogueMusic said:

Yes!! Just give me the damn DVD!! Just make your own damn cover! Simples lol

DagIN    0
21 minutes ago, Mmmmm said:

Haha exactly! It's the fans that are willing to throw their fan cards over this is stupid. 

Ugh nobody wanted to throw away their fan cards. Can we just stop with this childish stuff and let people have their meltdowns for a day or two over Aldo's involvement if they feel like it? Things are going back to normal soon enough.