Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
karbatal

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray: RELEASE DATE September 15th

Recommended Posts

Forever one of my favourite picture of Madonna but oh well if it's not the cover. DVD is all I want. 

IMG_4621.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm kind of hoping at this point that using an Aldo Diaz piece as the promotional "poster" is to totally troll us, and the final product will at least be by a professional.

Probably not gonna be, but it would make for some great trolling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

OMG reading through this thread for the first time and I am losing it...

I love you guys, I am laughing so hard I am in a coughing fit 

:IMG_1564:

 

 

madonna.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Just out of curiosity...when did we ever get official confirmation that we were ever getting a longer edit? Or more songs? Or any bonuses? 
 

No - not that I know of.

I think based on past experience, we start with low expectations. Never has a Madonna concert release contained any of the "extras" we have wished for or which wouldn't have been a huge surprise on releases by other artists (we all prayed for "You'll See" pro-shot as a DWT extra, or "Frozen" & "Dress You Up" 2009 extras on the S&S DVD).

 

But in this case - the original Showtime press release did specifically mention bonus songs such as "Take a Bow" and "Secret" - and many people took that as an indication that we might get them, if not on the TV broadcast then eventually on the final DVD

 

Also - the Showtime concert was shortened - particularly we all know with LDLHA completely gone, but also with shortening to some interludes and songs (Deeper & Deeper for instance).

Since Virgin Tour, we have never had a Madonna concert home video release which was missing songs from the concert. It will be unusual if LDLHA isn't on the DVD - and I am also expecting the other standard songs & interludes to be full-length. Confessions was shown on TV edited - but in full on the DVD.

I'm not expecting any of the bonus acoustic songs now sadly. I hope I'm wrong!

I'd love "Crazy for You"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mmmmm said:

You would have slaughtered this cover too if this was released now. People are so over dramatic 

 

IMG_4632.JPG

Can you imagine the meltdowns over three songs being cut? That would be like...today's meltdowns about...three songs being cut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nightshade said:

Certainly everyone is allowed their opinion, this is a forum after all. But after losing MJ, Prince, and Whitney, I don't have much appetite for telling M I don't want her to release a phenomenal concert film just because it isn't 100% what I wanted or because the DVD cover is subpar. 

You-Know-How-I-Do-Boo-Sip.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't Madonna specifically say on the last TOAC footage on IG something about "working on the extras" ? So yes, we do expect it.  Not only the Showtime press release, but the actual EPG planner for the Showtime broadcast made mention of Madonna performing LAP and TAB - a prime bit of trolling right there for anyone tuning in to watch. To leave out those two big songs on the broadcast makes perfect sense if you're looking for a USP for fans to buy a physical or streaming copy down the line. If they don't include those songs then they're crazy. I can see there being copyright issues with some TOAC performances (ie. they're too stingy to pay for the rights) but there's no excuse for short changing us on the actual concert.

The shit cover I couldn't care less about, I'm not gonna sit staring at it or anything. Despite the fact that ALL his work displays every graphic design error in the book, Aldon't is obviously providing his 'services' for free, and we know Madge loves a good bargain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's also hilarious he basically mirrored Lil' Buck twice as he's the same minotaur on the cover. Talk about a mess.:banghead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dylanciccone_ said:

It's also hilarious he basically mirrored Lil' Buck twice as he's the same minotaur on the cover. Talk about a mess.:banghead:

That was the first thing I noticed. Comical really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is she fucking serious with that cover?  You're Madonna you have every graphic designer and photographer in the WORLD at your disposal! Couldnt she have just got Giovanni bianco to do it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A professional graphic designer would probably cost more money than the actual DVD will ever make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is still nothing on madonna.com and nothing official about this DVD. Is it possible this PR is false?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

really the hope is here in Latin America , MDNA tour video sold 110k in Brazil ,60k in Mexico , 20k in Argentina 

 

i hope the video sells 400k worldwide , the cd 300k as MDNA tour video and cd

 

LATINOS  NEED A TV TRANSMISSION

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm honestly in disbelief about the cover and Madonna's inability to see amateur graphic design. Aldo isn't a professional, his work is hobby level. 

I think the Showtime edit is great and wouldn't mind one bit if it was the version being released. My problem is with THAT cover wrapping the whole thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The image (if real) was described as a "poster". Probably just a term for the icon that will appear on streaming services/Netflix for people to click on. Most of these are shit.

I'ma refrain from meltdown mode until an official press release and finalized artwork for the CD/DVD are available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

e.gif?w=625&h=351

What the actual fuck is THAT?????
This is truly the shittiest cover of her career. Oh my god. 

If this is indeed the final cover we need to find that Aldo Diaz dude...

madBIM.jpg

This is truly awful and I even "get" why she chose (if she did) that cheesy Bitch I'm Madonna single cover he designed. At least that was funny in some way. But THIS? This isn't even funny. It's just awful and I have never, ever, in all the many, many years I've been a Madonna die-hard fan felt the need to petition or some shit. But this??????? What's Guy O's email address? Let's fix this shit guys what the actual fuck. She can't fucking put THAT shit out. What the fuuuuuuuck??!!?!?!?!!

Out of all of the options of fanmade Rebel Heart Tour covers and the fact she's fucking Madonna and could get ANY graphic designer in the world to take care of her artwork in a heartbeat, THAT SHIT is what we get?!?!

I MEAN:

136991481474746.png?itok=Dp0JLhYq

Madonna-Rebel-Heart-Tour-2015.png

20160318-fan-1.jpg

@Royal T was prophetic with his post last year...

YAJTW3H.jpg

She might as well make this joke above the cover if we're gonna stoop that low now.

This is fucking ugly as shit and I'm personally holding that Aldo guy responsible for being the absolute biggest shit stain on M's ENTIRE discography. Years from now, his name will still cause laughter and cringing from fans who'll forever be resentful. This is the woman who won the Best Album Package Grammy in 1998! (technically Kevin Reagan won, he's Ray Of Light's graphic designer)

I CANNOT GET OVER THIS

WHAT THE FUCK


She must be trolling us and must've read the thread on here where people are laughing at her artwork and Aldo Diaz (aka the one were that ^ shit cover is from). There's no other possible explanation. Is it really that necessary to piss us off too? I LOVE that she pisses of establishment and wears grills, twerks, whatever the fuck... But this is just a really bad joke. Don't piss off the fans? Most of us are flaming faggots who live for album artwork. We buy her shit in the standard version, the deluxe, the Japanese version, the UK edition, the whatever-else-fucking edition because we care and live for that shit and this is our latest "gift"? This isn't even "purposefully tacky and funny" like the Hard Candy artwork. This is plain SHIT.

LMAO 

My first Madonna meltdown. After all these years.

LAWD THIS WOMAN... I cannot.

*will change the artwork in both iTunes AND my physical copy if this shit is the official cover*
*hopes Guy Oseary gets crabs and the flu if he let this happen*
*hopes Madonna finds another queen with Photoshop who tags her daily on Instagram and falls in love with a pretty fanmade cover*

/mental breakdown

birdcage_albert_i-cant.gif?w=620

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^   :dead::dead::dead:     Best. Post. Ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madonna can't afford real graphic designers 

Madonna can't afford really graphic designers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

^   :dead::dead::dead:     Best. Post. Ever.

Haha I second this :lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has been stated by Aldo himself that this is not the DVD cover. Why is everyone still angry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

It has been stated by Aldo himself that this is not the DVD cover. Why is everyone still angry?

Because said that the cover can be even worse..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

It has been stated by Aldo himself that this is not the DVD cover. Why is everyone still angry?

Have you seen his work?  And supposedly he's still doing the cover, so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jojuun said:

e.gif?w=625&h=351

What the actual fuck is THAT?????
This is truly the shittiest cover of her career. Oh my god. 

If this is indeed the final cover we need to find that Aldo Diaz dude...

madBIM.jpg

This is truly awful and I even "get" why she chose (if she did) that cheesy Bitch I'm Madonna single cover he designed. At least that was funny in some way. But THIS? This isn't even funny. It's just awful and I have never, ever, in all the many, many years I've been a Madonna die-hard fan felt the need to petition or some shit. But this??????? What's Guy O's email address? Let's fix this shit guys what the actual fuck. She can't fucking put THAT shit out. What the fuuuuuuuck??!!?!?!?!!

Out of all of the options of fanmade Rebel Heart Tour covers and the fact she's fucking Madonna and could get ANY graphic designer in the world to take care of her artwork in a heartbeat, THAT SHIT is what we get?!?!

I MEAN:

136991481474746.png?itok=Dp0JLhYq

Madonna-Rebel-Heart-Tour-2015.png

20160318-fan-1.jpg

@Royal T was prophetic with his post last year...

YAJTW3H.jpg

She might as well make this joke above the cover if we're gonna stoop that low now.

This is fucking ugly as shit and I'm personally holding that Aldo guy responsible for being the absolute biggest shit stain on M's ENTIRE discography. Years from now, his name will still cause laughter and cringing from fans who'll forever be resentful. This is the woman who won the Best Album Package Grammy in 1998! (technically Kevin Reagan won, he's Ray Of Light's graphic designer)

I CANNOT GET OVER THIS

WHAT THE FUCK


She must be trolling us and must've read the thread on here where people are laughing at her artwork and Aldo Diaz (aka the one were that ^ shit cover is from). There's no other possible explanation. Is it really that necessary to piss us off too? I LOVE that she pisses of establishment and wears grills, twerks, whatever the fuck... But this is just a really bad joke. Don't piss off the fans? Most of us are flaming faggots who live for album artwork. We buy her shit in the standard version, the deluxe, the Japanese version, the UK edition, the whatever-else-fucking edition because we care and live for that shit and this is our latest "gift"? This isn't even "purposefully tacky and funny" like the Hard Candy artwork. This is plain SHIT.

LMAO 

My first Madonna meltdown. After all these years.

LAWD THIS WOMAN... I cannot.

*will change the artwork in both iTunes AND my physical copy if this shit is the official cover*
*hopes Guy Oseary gets crabs and the flu if he let this happen*
*hopes Madonna finds another queen with Photoshop who tags her daily on Instagram and falls in love with a pretty fanmade cover*

/mental breakdown

birdcage_albert_i-cant.gif?w=620

:dead:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bat-Fan said:

It has been stated by Aldo himself that this is not the DVD cover. Why is everyone still angry?

Because it's probably gonna be worse? :scared:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, loowee said:

Because it's probably gonna be worse? :scared:

Is that possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, dylanciccone_ said:

It's also hilarious he basically mirrored Lil' Buck twice as he's the same minotaur on the cover. Talk about a mess.:banghead:

Yes, and Madonna's feet are part missing. I really hope they put it right because it looks incredibly cheap and amateur. This Aldo guy really is a shit stain on Madonna's excellent body of work. Get fucking rid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×