karbatal

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray: RELEASE DATE September 15th

835 posts in this topic

I totally agree that it's the diehard fans who will buy it. This is why I don't understand why she doesn't produce Special Edition versions with exclusive extras, poster, postcards, goodies etc. We will buy it!

:tigger::tigger::tigger: Finally!

jesus christ the cover could be a lot better, is that Aldo's work??

Madonna fan Aldo Diaz is responsible for the DVD cover arwork design

im about to puke.

part of her feet are missing on the cover. wtf is this

and we cant even use the excuse that maybe she doesnt care about the dvds so she just lets a fan put a random cover on them, because obviously she's invested in this. on the one hand madonna's perfectionism often works against her (see the live vocal editing), on the other hand, she totally abandons it and gives the cover (the selling point aside from her name) something utterly disgusting and tacky. I just don't get it. this woman is supposed to have excellent taste.

well, at least theres tears of a clown. (but they're still vague about that too so maybe they'll ruin that as well).

Sorry, I'm in the worst mood.

Here's the French press release, posted by MadonnaTribe on Twitter:

C_n2cHPXkAAMpLB.jpg

It will be released in the following formats: Digital, DVD, Bluy-ray, CD, CD+DVD and CD+Blu-ray.

The CD releases will be 22-track double disc releases.

:dead: the cover

No but I mean really, is that seriously the DVD cover?

the cover should have been from the cabaret/20's section, that moschino dress is iconic

Ok so that cover is not just a mock up???

um well go with kindness everyone...

That is the tackiest and ugliest picture I've ever seen, praying it's not the actual cover.

It is the official cover, artwork by Aldo Diaz. It was sent out by Universal Music with the press release (link posted) stating that this is the official cover

Every single one of her tour DVD covers suck.

I still have to understand why....but oh well, at least we have a date :clap:

So I wonder what the "22 tracks" consist of? If all the interludes are included then that doesn't leave much scope for the acoustic section (assuming the CD tracklist is the same as the DVD) And couldn't they have said what the extras are? I'm beginning to think my hope of having specific TOAC songs included is a pipe dream. Crap cover, but that's to be expected.

55 minutes ago, Msig said:

:tigger::tigger::tigger: Finally!

343ecd952e320f9fbb165192771b3394432d85eb

wut_sideeye-500x277.gif

Mar2120150008jess1.gif

Mar2120150013jess2.gif

x5uv5f.jpg

gomez-loses-it-o.gif

cry2520pagk6z.gif

The woman has got to be trolling us.  She knows how we feel about it, and does it anyway.  I have to believe that. :lmao::doh::banghead:

Well, at least the tour film itself is fabulous.  And we're getting a live album, so...

Hopefully she promotes it

I can't believe my eyes. All the single covers were tragic AF but they're kind of irrelevant but WHY WHY WHY Madonna? Her taste can't be this poor!? I'm fuming!!

I can't. What's the point anymore. Does she have eyes?????????? Why, why, why??? I'm certainly not buying this. Can Aldo just fuck off already?!!? 

Why can't we just have a beautiful photograph of Madonna, like the one in the 20's dress that absolutely everyone agrees is bloody gorgeous. 

I can't believe the official cover is actually worse than the ones I posted to mock Aldo Diaz. I'm legit about to cry right now. 

I can't believe a woman who fills her house with Piccasso and Frida Kahlo, wears Givenchy and Gaultier can choose this??? She even created SEX book with Fabian Barron, one pf the all time greatest graphic designers EVER

The image isn't even from the RHT but the Brits awards? :lmao:

:blink:

3 minutes ago, loowee said:

The image isn't even from the RHT but the Brits awards? :lmao:

LMAO :rotfl:

HELLO?

rhtdvdklein.jpg

I know this is the most positive Madonna forum and she visits here but can we actually let her know that this SUCKS? 

The RH single covers sucked ass but this is a whole new level of tragedy. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS? Bitch You're Madonna, not Stevie Wonder.

Someone go annihilate this page PLEASE.

https://www.instagram.com/_aldodiaz/?hl=en

Can mods please keep this open? If anything this one really deserves its own meltdown thread. like WHO can defend this?

Like wtf is the background in that photo, too? It has nothing to do with that section -- or the tour, for that matter.

I would have been happy with a simple screenshot of the intro backdrop. An image with all the warriors pointing their crosses at her would have been fab.

I'm actually low key pissed, too, like a lot of members are saying...it's like she purposefully is trying to put out the shoddiest cover images lately and thinks she's being funny. The singles were terrible. MDNA tour was terrible. S&S was terrible. And now Rebel Heart Tour is terrible. It's sad...these shows have only the dvds as the lasting legacy, and you'd have no idea how iconic they were if you were to judge by seeing them on a store shelf.

I don't know what has happened in Madonna camp when it comes to high-quality post-Confessions, but the music imagery has been absolutely terrible, starting with Hard Candy. There are certainly exceptions (MDNA deluxe, Rebel Heart deluxe), but the vast majority of her imagery is really bad nowadays, and it isn't fair to her as an artist, nor to the amazing music that she continues to offer. She's too big of a legend for her design department to be putting out worse products than Britney Spears and Selena Gomez. Come on, now, Madonna.

Sigh. On a positive note, can't wait for the CD and to hear this show in high quality.