MadonnaNation.com Forums
karbatal

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray: RELEASE DATE September 15th

The girl has to pay the bills:) 

I was disappointed and impatient for the DVD and TOAC after the amazing Australian shows but yeah its just way too long and the editing is crap anyway, moved on and now its going to feel like nostalgia which l dont have time for.. No artist should edit their own shows, l want it real, honest and raw but hold the sugar.

Who even still cares about the DVD at this point?

I want the DVD.  Loved the concert so much and after waiting for years and years to see her live, want to have it to own.   Incredibly frustrating how long it is taking though.  Concert DVD's should be out within  a few months of the tour ending.  That goes for every artist.  Waiting kills momentum for so many people.  

Still enjoying the gorgeous Showtime edit. Makes this wait seem non-existent.

14 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

I think that's why they're pushing for more broadcasts. The Blu-Ray/DVD is going to be purchased by mainly hardcore fans, not the general public. Especially in this time where buying discs is waning, and everything is about streaming. Broadcasts are going to probably get more casual viewers...but even more so, they need to push for it on every streaming outlet they can. That's probably where more casual viewers will actually take a peak at it. On a platform they already subscribe to, where they are more prone to casually view things on their own time (as that's how more and more are consuming their media).

Yes!

37 minutes ago, SPM said:

Still enjoying the gorgeous Showtime edit. Makes this wait seem non-existent.

Exactly! 

I'm waiting for the final release for the TOAC extras, but I'm happy that we have The showtime edit to hold on until the final edition comes available. 

14 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

But if this deal was just made and the show hasnt been broadcasted anywere, how can it be released in august?

I think Madonna was just being a bit facetious with that "birthday" comment. 

It seems this Alfred Haber company buys up various tv/award shows and sells them on to international markets (I see IGTTYAS listed among their previous acquisitions) So they'll now be pitching it to different networks and countries. It would seem that these recent TV cancellations in Japan and Oz may have something to do with this new deal.

Personally I think they would have made more money from announcing ONE worldwide streaming rental and DVD deal. There would have been enough fans worldwide going out and buying a brand new product they hadn't seen before. Now everyone's seen it, or downloaded it, or can even just watch it on youtube. 

I want to hear the TOAC (Melbourne) live songs in HQ, that's it.

guys when she said it would be released on her birthday, she didnt say it would be this year, she has her hands full with the twins and probably wants to focus on raising them so it will be released on her birthday in 2018

Her next tour will be halfway done by the time this gets released on DVD/Bluray! 

2 hours ago, Hector said:

Her next tour will be halfway done by the time this gets released on DVD/Bluray! 

It's the Sticky & Sweet 2010 release all over again

4 hours ago, Hector said:

What I don't understand is why it now takes so long to edit then broadcast and eventually commercially release it. Confessions Tour was filmed in August, broadcast in November and on sale in January. It sold 1.2 million and is one of her highest selling DVDs. I cannot understand the delay at all and it's so not needed. 

by the time it's ready dvds, blu-rays and streaming will all be over and we'll be looping back to cassettes!

Has this been seen yet?

The official Showtime DVD for Emmy Voters?

At least we can say the RH Tour is officially on DVD somewhere!

s-l500.jpg

22 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

I think that's why they're pushing for more broadcasts. The Blu-Ray/DVD is going to be purchased by mainly hardcore fans, not the general public. Especially in this time where buying discs is waning, and everything is about streaming. Broadcasts are going to probably get more casual viewers...but even more so, they need to push for it on every streaming outlet they can. That's probably where more casual viewers will actually take a peak at it. On a platform they already subscribe to, where they are more prone to casually view things on their own time (as that's how more and more are consuming their media).

I see thx :thumbsup:

Good point

8 hours ago, Pedro said:

Exactly! 

I'm waiting for the final release for the TOAC extras, but I'm happy that we have The showtime edit to hold on until the final edition comes available. 

same here :inlove:

love it

to be honest, all I care about is a good recording of tears of a clown. I havent watched the showtime edit since it was first online

14 hours ago, JWAD said:

What I don't understand is why it now takes so long to edit then broadcast and eventually commercially release it. Confessions Tour was filmed in August, broadcast in November and on sale in January. It sold 1.2 million and is one of her highest selling DVDs. I cannot understand the delay at all and it's so not needed. 

Because now she does it all herself and with her inhouse team (and makes a complete pigs ear of it) and then they try to find ways of making money back immediately (an Oseary trait) instead of just letting the product sell itself. Confessions had a real director, a real editor and a real record company to release it (and answer to).

Anyway, no doubt it's sitting there waiting to be released but now we have to wait even longer as this distribution company tries to flog it to several overseas markets, and presumably it can't come out until those markets actually set broadcast dates etc. MDNA was turned down by every UK broadcaster btw (bar one who put in a mandatory too-low offer) so I doubt RH will be shown here at all.

On 9 May 2017 at 8:40 PM, jazzyjan said:

I want the DVD.  Loved the concert so much and after waiting for years and years to see her live, want to have it to own.   Incredibly frustrating how long it is taking though.  Concert DVD's should be out within  a few months of the tour ending.  That goes for every artist.  Waiting kills momentum for so many people.  

I only have one 3 words for that: MDNA Tour DVD.

Rebel Heart Tour premier on Australia TV was scrapped in favour of forgettable TV shows :( 

They even played Elton John for fucking crying out loud and now they pulled the plug on Madonna for a couple of TV shows that no one watches.

18 hours ago, Jamesy said:

Has this been seen yet?

The official Showtime DVD for Emmy Voters?

At least we can say the RH Tour is officially on DVD somewhere!

s-l500.jpg

Is this for real? Amazing that we are getting TAB, LAP, Secret !!!! Makes the waiting worth it.

3 hours ago, Kim said:

MDNA was turned down by every UK broadcaster btw (bar one who put in a mandatory too-low offer) so I doubt RH will be shown here at all.

Why do you think the MDNA film wasn't picked up at the time in the UK? Too expensive, not enough interest, or too weirdly produced?

6 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Is this for real? Amazing that we are getting TAB, LAP, Secret !!!! Makes the waiting worth it.

Yeah that DVD is for real - but it's just a promotional / screener DVD for Emmy voters - containing the Showtime Broadcast.

I think that quote mentioning those songs is the same quote as from the original Showtime press release. Those songs as we know, didn't show up in the broadcast. 

Who knows about the actual release coming in August.

I still want the DVD, but mostly the live album, they give me so much energy on the treadmill/gym.