MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  

I've recently become a madonna vinyl junkie.... 

i aquired a lot of old vinyl Lps and some even still sealed!

QUESTION for the collectors out there - do re-releases like all the ones as of late make the price on the original go up or down ? Is there anywhere also that lists prices on her vinyls other than eBay ? 

ADDED MY YOUTUBE VIDEO [youtube]

Pics are just some in my collection 

IMG_2877.PNG

IMG_2878.PNG

IMG_2879.PNG

IMG_2880.PNG

Edited by MrK1ngB33
Added youtube video

Recently there was a very interesting conversation in the Immaculate Collection colour vinyl thread. I think it was @Sloane who gave very interesting points of views regarding original presses and re-releases. Check it out! 

I think it depends really. There are collectors who only seek 1st pressings and will pay the price for it, however, there are also vinyl collectors like myself who are happy just to own the album on vinyl, so a repress is enough to satisfy our needs.

my favourite band Placebo are an example, their back catalogue was selling between £70-£140 each for out of print vinyl albums, but since the albums all got reissued last year, the prices for the 1st pressings have come right down.

Very interesting read from @Sloane in other news I just got my hands on the RED FEVER DJ VINYLS :) and an unopened 1990 immaculate collection.i really want CELEBRATION...  I do find it odd that the first 3 albums u can find cheaper than there re release counterparts tho ??

Omg you have a great collection! I actually was able to purchase excellent vinyl on amazon as well even though I have been luckier on ebay.

I also found amazing vinyl in second hand record shops, but I stoped because it's too time consuming. 

Anyone have any info on this ? I've aquired a ray of light and it has TO HAVE AND NOT TO HAVE  instead of TO HAVE AND NOT TO HOLD LOL ... a rare misprint??? I'm putting it on eBay 

image.jpg

It always amazes me that people spend money on misprints :lmao:

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

It always amazes me that people spend money on misprints :lmao:

They're actually worth an absolute fortune, if they're genuine...!  He'll be laughing all the way to the bank and you'll be...well...just laughing :beret:

I bought a Suede vinyl the other year which had Avicii's album on side one. I returned it to the shop and got a correct version, would that have been worth lots of money??

I have an original German pressing of ROL from 1998 including the misprint. The lighter vinyl and all of that. Priceless, indeed and compared to the re-release much better in terms of sonic quality. 

On ‎27‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 0:45 AM, MrK1ngB33 said:

QUESTION for the collectors out there - do re-releases like all the ones as of late make the price on the original go up or down ? Is there anywhere also that lists prices on her vinyls other than eBay ? 

Re-release or not, due to the recent anti-Trump incident, all prices will drop like nobody's business.

Pray if you can sell your sealed stuff away with $1 :imsad:

But I'm wiling to take them all in :horn: 

1 hour ago, horn said:

Re-release or not, due to the recent anti-Trump incident, all prices will drop like nobody's business.

Hahaha 

Omg mine has the same misprint. I bought my vinyl in 1998 when I was living in Germany. I want to go to the bank. Let's see how much of a fortune it goes. Any offers?

2 hours ago, horn said:

Had a look on the american eBay and her vinyl prices are still high.

2 hours ago, horn said:

lol I hope your joking ! But if you want to take mine in just go to my eBay page lol ! 

seller:mrk1ngb33

i still have a lot just got the Rain maxi single vinyl with the waiting remix on it.  One of my faves ❤👍🏽

And this shirt have You all seen it 🙌

On 29 January 2017 at 1:54 PM, Carta said:

They're actually worth an absolute fortune, if they're genuine...!  He'll be laughing all the way to the bank and you'll be...well...just laughing :beret:

The ROL misprint isn't rare as it's on all of the German pressings and still only sells for around £20 - £30

On 29 January 2017 at 2:20 PM, tasteinmen said:

I bought a Suede vinyl the other year which had Avicii's album on side one. I returned it to the shop and got a correct version, would that have been worth lots of money??

Depends how collectible suede are really and how many pressings there were.

There is a marillion singer Fish pic disc which plays Cherish which is rare and very collectible.

I've just found out no one has posted any pic of an opened 2016 release ROL LP.

Therefore no one knows if "To Have And Not To Have" has been fixed or not.

I wish I could find a copy of Like A Prayer that still has the perfume scent in it.  Doesn't even matter if it's on cassette!   However, I imagine that smell is long gone.  My first copy of it back when it was released had it and I loved it!!  

They still smell James! I don't even know where my others are, I have give a lot away, my collection mostly went to my niece.

I remember my first vinyl was LAV I was so excited as a little boy, I couldn't even reach the shelves. My brother in law drove us miles away from the countryside to a shop and when we got home side B had the sticker over the songs!!! I kept it secret until now because I didnt want to upset anyone. Try listening to dress you up or stay on that!!  

Thank god I a taped copy. I was quietly so upset about it. Probably worth a fortune now the bastard!

Im with Karby though. Who wants to buy crap like that for a fortune????? Really? Give it to a homeless person ffs.

2 hours ago, James0479 said:

I wish I could find a copy of Like A Prayer that still has the perfume scent in it.  Doesn't even matter if it's on cassette!   However, I imagine that smell is long gone.  My first copy of it back when it was released had it and I loved it!!  

Both my cassette and vinyl still have the scent. It hasn't even faded one bit.

On 2/2/2017 at 10:43 PM, spotlight said:

Both my cassette and vinyl still have the scent. It hasn't even faded one bit.

Omg!   I'm envious.  There's some around still sealed but who knows if it still has the scent.  If you ever need extra space, I'll take one of those off your hands.  Lol.  

1 hour ago, James0479 said:

Omg!   I'm envious.  There's some around still sealed but who knows if it still has the scent.  If you ever need extra space, I'll take one of those off your hands.  Lol.  

Lol. 

7 hours ago, spotlight said:

Lol. 

If you or anyone is out and about in their respective communities across the globe and finds one, not only will they have the eternal love of a very happy boy, I pay good too.  🤘🏻😜