Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Trump / US politics thread 🚽


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Nessie said:

Why the US should not get along with Russia? Somebody here care to explain? I see no other reason than the american military industry always pressing for an ever present foreign enemy, creating artificial conflicts for profit.

By the way, its funny that Obama funded rebel groups in Syria for 6 years, mostly became ISIS, and no one was fired on his administration or ever held accountable. There goes their hypocritical logic.

Do you feel like it was Obama's intention from the start to "create"/facilitate ISIS?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.popsugar.com/news/Hillary-Clinton-Response-Michael-Flynn-Resignation-43169312

Oh Yes She Did: Hillary Clinton Responds to Michael Flynn's Resignation in 1 Glorious Tweet

February 14, 2017 by VICTORIA MESSINA

After Michael Flynn's official resignation as Donald Trump's national security adviser on Monday, Feb. 13, Hillary Clinton offered her thoughts on the situation on Twitter.

 

To fully appreciate the tweet, allow us to remind you of the tense history between Clinton and Flynn. 

Flynn was a pretty harsh Clinton critic during her presidential campaign, often putting her on blast for her private email server. His son, Michael Flynn, Jr., took part in spreading fake rumors about how Clinton was supposedly running a child sex ring inside a pizza joint called Comet Ping Pong — a conspiracy theory aptly known as Pizzagate. The former national security adviser also regularly promoted falsities on his own social media, though he later deleted a few of the tweets.

Now that Flynn has resigned, Clinton is proving that she has the final word on the made-up pizza restaurant scandal. On Feb. 13, she retweeted the above tweet from Phillippe Reines, who was her senior adviser during her secretary of state days. His tweet directly called out the Flynns and linked to the career page of Dominos as an ode to their "pizza obsession."

Clinton added her own two cents in the retweet, writing "He has a point about the real consequences of fake news . . . " 

This isn't the first time the former presidential candidate has thrown considerable shade at Trump's administration, as she subtly praised the travel ban injunction without using even a single word.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Do you feel like it was Obama's intention from the start to "create"/facilitate ISIS?

 

I don't know if it was his direct intention, that would be the ground of conspiratory theories, but the funding of those groups without any thoughtful consideration about the possible consequences just for the sake of topple the Syrian government was at the very least totally irresponsible.

It really backfired and should be addressed. And even if it did work for their goals, the funding of terrorism should never be allowed in the first place.

The same happened with Al-Qaeda in the 80s and look what a huge out of control monster that ended up to be. The US quite literally lit the fire on a haystack.

Link to post
Share on other sites

^But that was Ronald, the republican president.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

^But that was Ronald, the republican president.

 

Yes, and Obama did the same as the republicans in the 80s.

In foreign affairs the democrats and the republicans have little to no difference on their approach.

Link to post
Share on other sites

NATO allies must increase spending or US will ‘moderate its commitment’ – Defense Sec. Mattis

 

US Defense Secretary James Mattis delivered an ultimatum to NATO allies during a visit to Europe – increase their military spending, or see America “moderate its commitment” to the alliance.

“I owe it to you all to give you clarity on the political reality in the United States, and to state the fair demand from my country’s people in concrete terms,” Mattis said.

“America will meet its responsibilities, but if your nations do not want to see America moderate its commitment to the alliance, each of your capitals needs to show its support for our common defense.”

“No longer can the American taxpayer carry a disproportionate share of the defense of western values,” Mattis said. “Americans cannot care more for your children’s security than you do. Disregard for military readiness demonstrates a lack of respect for ourselves, for the alliance, and for the freedoms we inherited, which are now clearly threatened.”

The remarks were delivered during a closed-doors meeting with NATO defense ministers in Brussels, and provided to reporters traveling with the new Pentagon chief.

Earlier on Tuesday, Mattis referred to NATO as “a fundamental bedrock for the United States and for all the transatlantic community” and reiterated President Donald Trump’s “strong support” for the alliance.

During the 2016 presidential campaign, Trump has criticized NATO as “obsolete” and singled out the lack of military spending as proof that the US was “paying disproportionately” to maintain the alliance.

“I think NATO as a concept is good, but it is not as good as it was when it first evolved,” Trump told the Washington Post in March 2016. “NATO is costing us a fortune and yes, we’re protecting Europe – but we’re spending a lot of money.”

In an interview to the New York Times in July 2016, Trump said there were “many countries that have not fulfilled their obligations to us,” referring to NATO allies whose military spending fell below the 2 percent of GDP.

Currently only four European NATO members –UK, Estonia, Poland and Greece – spend at least 2 percent of their gross domestic product on the military. Major alliance members such as France, Germany, Italy, Turkey and Canada would all need to boost their military spending to meet the benchmark, set by the Obama administration.

 

https://www.rt.com/usa/377453-nato-mattis-increase-spending/

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Nessie said:

NATO allies must increase spending or US will ‘moderate its commitment’ – Defense Sec. Mattis

 

US Defense Secretary James Mattis delivered an ultimatum to NATO allies during a visit to Europe – increase their military spending, or see America “moderate its commitment” to the alliance.

“I owe it to you all to give you clarity on the political reality in the United States, and to state the fair demand from my country’s people in concrete terms,” Mattis said.

“America will meet its responsibilities, but if your nations do not want to see America moderate its commitment to the alliance, each of your capitals needs to show its support for our common defense.”

“No longer can the American taxpayer carry a disproportionate share of the defense of western values,” Mattis said. “Americans cannot care more for your children’s security than you do. Disregard for military readiness demonstrates a lack of respect for ourselves, for the alliance, and for the freedoms we inherited, which are now clearly threatened.”

The remarks were delivered during a closed-doors meeting with NATO defense ministers in Brussels, and provided to reporters traveling with the new Pentagon chief.

Earlier on Tuesday, Mattis referred to NATO as “a fundamental bedrock for the United States and for all the transatlantic community” and reiterated President Donald Trump’s “strong support” for the alliance.

During the 2016 presidential campaign, Trump has criticized NATO as “obsolete” and singled out the lack of military spending as proof that the US was “paying disproportionately” to maintain the alliance.

“I think NATO as a concept is good, but it is not as good as it was when it first evolved,” Trump told the Washington Post in March 2016. “NATO is costing us a fortune and yes, we’re protecting Europe – but we’re spending a lot of money.”

In an interview to the New York Times in July 2016, Trump said there were “many countries that have not fulfilled their obligations to us,” referring to NATO allies whose military spending fell below the 2 percent of GDP.

Currently only four European NATO members –UK, Estonia, Poland and Greece – spend at least 2 percent of their gross domestic product on the military. Major alliance members such as France, Germany, Italy, Turkey and Canada would all need to boost their military spending to meet the benchmark, set by the Obama administration.

 

https://www.rt.com/usa/377453-nato-mattis-increase-spending/

Why don't all these countries just agree on dismantling all their military resources at once? All countries in the world and yes including North Korea and Russia will have to sign a treaty to get rid of all the nuclear weapons, army, etc.. Why don't they spend all that money on public sectors where we need it the most? What's the point in having to breed these puppets and live under nuclear threats? Is the thought of peace so hard to accept and advocate for? If it's true that nobody wants a war so what's the point in keeping that threat alive? Thousands and thousands of years and still same old mentality. What a disgrace those people... making money by creating and selling instruments of death and then they swear by their pro life views. Shame.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

Why don't all these countries just agree on dismantling all their military resources at once? All countries in the world and yes including North Korea and Russia will have to sign a treaty to get rid of all the nuclear weapons, army, etc.. Why don't they spend all that money on public sectors where we need it the most? What's the point in having to breed these puppets and live under nuclear threats? Is the thought of peace so hard to accept and advocate for? If it's true that nobody wants a war so what's the point in keeping that threat alive? Thousands and thousands of years and still same old mentality. What a disgrace those people... making money by creating and selling instruments of death and then they swear by their pro life views. Shame.

so weapons would be needed against terrorism and to warn off certain crazies... But I agree on the nuclear weapons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, elijah said:

so weapons would be needed against terrorism and to warn off certain crazies... But I agree on the nuclear weapons.

 But if it's the West that gives weapons to terrorists. Even in terms of intelligence the biggest terrorist were all trained by the CIA or other western organisations. Does nobody ever wonder where all these ISIS soldiers get their rifles or weapons from? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

 But if it's the West that gives weapons to terrorists. Even in terms of intelligence the biggest terrorist were all trained by the CIA or other western organisations. Does nobody ever wonder where all these ISIS soldiers get their rifles or weapons from? 

They would start fabricating them themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Flat out lying all of the time :rolleyes:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/02/16/trump-falsely-claims-biggest-electoral-win-since-reagan/98002648/

Trump falsely claims biggest electoral win since Reagan

William Cummings, USA TODAY

15 minutes ago

President Trump went off script during his announcement of his new Labor secretary nominee, Alexander Acosta, Thursday, admonishing the media and at one point incorrectly claiming to have won the biggest electoral victory since Ronald Reagan.

Trump's 304-vote win was actually only the largest Electoral College victory since the previous election when former president Barack Obama was re-elected with 332 votes in 2012.

When NBC News' Peter Alexander pointed out the inaccuracy, Trump said he meant he won the largest electoral win of any Republican since Reagan. He was informed that George H.W. Bush won with 426 votes in 1988.

"I was given that information," Trump said. "We had a very, very big margin."

"Why should Americans trust you when you accused the information they've received of being fake when you're providing information that's not accurate?" Alexander asked.

"Well, I don't know. I was given that information. Actually, I've seen that information around," Trump said. "But it was a very substantial victory, do you agree with that?" he asked the reporter.

"You're the president," Alexander replied.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dannylex said:

They would start fabricating them themselves.

Exactly. They would but since they haven't got the resources they just buy them from the west which thrives on the black market for weapons. Shouldn't the government go after those weapon making industries? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Hector said:

This shit-show of a press conference :wacko:

 

But even so why not giving facts or where the press is being dishonest? It's like me being accused of something and I just go It's all lies! It's all lies! I mean Duh obviously when you get called out on something the first instinct is denial. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

But even so why not giving facts or where the press is being dishonest? It's like me being accused of something and I just go It's all lies! It's all lies! I mean Duh obviously when you get called out on something the first instinct is denial. 

Donald Trump should become best buddies with Lance Armstrong.   Blame the press and accuse everyone of lying.  Convince millions you are right for years.  The thing is with pathological liars,  the truth finally wins.   The real problem and difference though is that Lance Armstrong was a sportsman and Trump is the president of the most powerful  country in the World.   Scary stuff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That press conference was worst than a rasperry hollywood production.

He has no substance in his arguements. All are empty nutshells !

And this guy is a president. Me I am speechless

Link to post
Share on other sites

:blink: :provoke: 

I can tell you one thing about a briefing that we're allowed to say because anybody that ever read the most basic book can say it: Nuclear holocaust would be like no other. They're a very powerful nuclear country, and so are we.

If Russia and the United States actually got together and got along -- and don't forget, we're a very powerful nuclear country and so are they. There's no upside. We're a very powerful nuclear country and so are they. I have been briefed. And I can tell you one thing about a briefing that we're allowed to say because anybody that ever read the most basic book can say it, nuclear holocaust would be like no other.

They're a very powerful nuclear country and so are we. If we have a good relationship with Russia, believe me, that's a good thing, not a bad thing.

 

:ohgoodgrief:

Link to post
Share on other sites

That press conference today was a disaster and disgrace! Rambling, and ranting and raving like a lunatic! :wacko: 

Trump just gave a weapons-grade crazy press conference — here are the 7 most insane moments

BRAD REED

16 FEB 2017 AT 14:15 ET

President Donald Trump held a press conference today in which he once again boasted about his November election win and attacked the mainstream media for producing “fake news.”

But beyond the usual boasting and bashing, the president made several jaw-dropping statements that were surprising even by his standards. Below, we’ll go over the seven craziest moments at today’s press conference.

1. Trump says that while the leaks coming out of his administration are real, the news stories being written about them are still fake news. When asked to explain the seeming contradiction in his desire to both crack down on leaks in his administration and to attack news stories based on those leaks, the president simply said the leaks from the administration were real, but the news they generated was fake.”The leaks are real,” Trump said. “The leaks are absolutely real. The news is fake because so much of the news is fake.”

2. Trump falsely claims that his electoral college victory this past November was the biggest since Ronald Reagan’s. With 306 electoral college votes, Trump’s margin of victory last year was smaller than not only Ronald Reagan’s, but also George H.W. Bush’s victory in 1988, Bill Clinton’s two victories in 1992 and 1996, and Barack Obama’s two wins in 2008 and 2012.When confronted by this, Trump simply replied that he “was given that information,” without acknowledging that the information was false.

3. Trump said he was fine with WikiLeaks because it never leaked classified information. When asked to resolve the contradiction between his current crusade against leaks purportedly coming from the intelligence community and his past praise of WikiLeaks for its leaking of damaging information on Hillary Clinton, Trump falsely claimed that WikiLeaks doesn’t leak classified information.

4. Trump dismisses GOP town hall protesters because most of them are Democrats. When asked about the rowdy protesters from constituents that many Republican lawmakers have faced at their town halls, Trump dismissed them and said most of those people weren’t the people who voted for Republicans in the first place, and thus shouldn’t be taken into consideration. “They are not the Republican people that our representatives represent,” the president said of the protesters.

5. Trump insists that the alternative to getting along with Russia could be “nuclear holocaust.” When asked about his repeated praise of Russian President Vladimir Putin, Trump once again said that he hoped to get along with the Kremlin, while not guaranteeing that he would be able to do so.Trump then veered off course and said that relations between the two countries were important because otherwise the result could be “nuclear holocaust.” “Nuclear holocaust would be like no other,” he said. “They’re a very powerful nuclear country, so are we.”

6. Trump shouts down a Jewish reporter who asked him about rising anti-Semitism. When a reporter from a Jewish publication asked Trump to address the rise in anti-Semitic hate crimes around the country, Trump shot back at him for supposedly asking an unfair question. “It’s not a fair question,” Trump said to the reporter, and then told him to “sit down.”Trump then went on to say that he was the least anti-Semitic person in the world.

7. Trump asked a black reporter to help him set up a meeting with the Congressional Black Caucus. When Trump was asked by reporter April Ryan if he’d meet with the CBC, Trump asked her if they were “friends of hers” and then instructed her to “set up a meeting,” as he apparently assumed that she knew them because she was black as well.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a fucking joke at this point. Such a piss poor leader on EVERY level. It's not just the policies, if he could actually speak properly, he'd even be able to make some of those sound somewhat acceptable (even if they're not....I mean don't ALL presidents do that somewhat successfully??). He clearly doesn't give a fuck......and if this IS him giving a fuck then we're in for a world of trouble when he REALLY doesn't give a fuck. Actually.....I retract that partially, he does give a fuck and it's clear what he gives a fuck about.....HIM and his fragile little ego. The man is a pussy through and through. WHY is it even necessary to bring up the electoral college numbers for the election at this point?? Bitch, you're in the White House!  WHY the fuck are we still bringing up Hillary Clinton every other sentence?? Again, BITCH, you're in the White House and she's not. WHY bring it up at a press conference at this point?? I'm at the point where I say just let it all go to hell. Clearly, his dumb fuck supporters are going to have to experience some sort of cataclysmic event before they remove their tongues from his rectum, so bring it on! It won't be "fake news" anymore when they finally take those tongues out and there's SHIT all over it! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point the US is a joke to non-Americans. The presidency is basically a reality show. Bill Clinton was almost impeached for "lying" to the American public and now you've got a President who does nothing but lie. I saw a meme the other day that said Trump should just say he built a wall across the border because his supporters would believe it anyway and it would be cheaper. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He gave better performances in his own reality TV show The Apprentice. As a president he comes across as a crybaby, a megalomaniac lunatic with no substance and integrity. He attacks the media because this man hates the truth. Thank God America is not Russia or North Korea because then we would have seen a bloodshed of journalists and reporters. The only thing I will remember from this charlatan of a president is "fake news".

Even with the Russian issue he is so unprepared and idiotic with his theories. So for him he can either lick Putins ass and let him run free all over the world or cause a nuclear holocaust. No true diplomatic dialogues, no talks on sanctions, no stronger ties with the NATO countries? Is this how the Donald stands up to bullies like Putin? Americans must be shitting their pants knowing how volatile Mr Trump is. According to his logic we have learned that today Trump is choosing to let Putin do want he wants but maybe tomorrow he might get fed up and will use the nukes?! !?

And of course the hint of war or military intervention is never far behind for Iran or North Korea. The president is not going to tell us what his intentions are. Yes the American people if not the entire world haven't got the right to know if he's actually going to cause a nuclear holocaust. But that's top secret. At least Russia can rest assured it won't be nuked. 

But all of that is nothing compared to how he treated those journalists. But the most outrageous thing is this man has still supporters; people who believe him and stand by him and his lies. And they even stand by his appalling behaviour. What a disgrace.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2017 at 5:08 AM, pjcowley said:

 

If any of this is true then it goes to show that he is just a puppet, not to Russia, but to a certain Republican establishment that rules from the shadows. Once again, if true, they are using him to get their agenda through and then Trump will have his "et tu Brute?" moment. If this is indeed real, once he is out, things will continue to go on as they planned if the Democrats keep focusing all of their energy and anger at the man himself instead of trying to find out who these people in the shadows actually are. If so, you all may have to prepare for a Mike Pence second term. 

:lmao:After reading that I have all of these conspiracy theories going in my head. 

Saudi Arabia would LOVE for the US to pick a fight with Iran. Let's see what happens. 

I actually feel bad for Donald. It's not like he can just say I don't want to do this anymore. And now his family will be hated for generations. Talk about "be careful of what you wish for..."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Donald Trump just wanted to ride the popular wave to get his TRUMP TV project on.

He never expected to win this election. He is just as surprised (and scared) as everyone else.

Somehow, he reminds me of Caligula with his narcissism and erratic behaviour.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mnino said:

If any of this is true then it goes to show that he is just a puppet, not to Russia, but to a certain Republican establishment that rules from the shadows. Once again, if true, they are using him to get their agenda through and then Trump will have his "et tu Brute?" moment. If this is indeed real, once he is out, things will continue to go on as they planned if the Democrats keep focusing all of their energy and anger at the man himself instead of trying to find out who these people in the shadows actually are. If so, you all may have to prepare for a Mike Pence second term. 

:lmao:After reading that I have all of these conspiracy theories going in my head. 

Saudi Arabia would LOVE for the US to pick a fight with Iran. Let's see what happens. 

I actually feel bad for Donald. It's not like he can just say I don't want to do this anymore. And now his family will be hated for generations. Talk about "be careful of what you wish for..."

 

Russia would NOT. and WONT accept without WW3.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not if but when is Shep gonna get axed and end up on CNN?! lol Faux is more horrid than ever. They've gone totally Breitbart off the deep end right wing. All Trump puppets I'm sure being 'told' to do slobber his ass. Look at all the huge players they've lost in just a year (Megyn, Greta, Andrea Tantorus). All females. Shep is pretty gay so I'nm sure he's next lol. Now they're basically a carbon copy of Trumps team- bunch of angry, straight, ring wing racist, older white men. With a few token equally bat shit crazy conservative women. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...