Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Pedro

So, I decided to look up Piers Morgan because I honestly have no idea who he is, I just know he's awful based on what I've seen mostly on this forum. 

Anyway, one thing led me to another thing, then I ended up on this video.

Then I thought... well, who the hell is Omarosa and this is the first thing that came up: 

"Omarosa is an American reality television personality and the director of communications for the Office of Public Liason in the Trump White:lmao:

Congressman: Rarely used law could make Trump tax returns public

A New Jersey congressman says a rarely invoked 1924 law could be used to examine President Donald Trump's tax returns for possible conflicts of interest and Constitutional violations.

Rep. Bill Pascrell, a Democrat who serves on the Ways and Means Committee, has asked the committee’s chairman, Rep. Kevin Brady of Texas, to order the Treasury Department to provide tax returns to the committee. Brady's office did not respond to a request for comment Friday.

After privately examining returns — Pascrell is seeking 10 years' worth — the committee could decide to share them with the full House, which would in effect make them public. The 1924 law gives congressional committees that set tax policy the power to examine tax returns. It was used in 1974 when Congress looked at President Richard Nixon's returns, and in 2014 when the Ways and Means Committee released confidential tax information as part of its investigation into the Internal Revenue Service's handling of applications for nonprofit status.

Trump said during the campaign he would not release his returns because he was being audited. After the inauguration, adviser Kellyanne Conway said he would not release them because the public did not care.

Pascrell said what happened in the election does not matter.

“This isn’t for the Democrats or the Republicans, and it’s not to embarrass anybody," he said. "This is to make sure the American people know the facts, and if there are conflicts, they need to be resolved.”

Asked if he thought he would succeed, Pascrell said he believes many Republicans in the House and Senate "are absolutely intimidated by this president."

But on a different issue, the top Republican and Democrat on a key committee asked a top ethics regulator on Thursday to investigate whether Conway, a senior aide to Trump, violated ethics rules when she said in a television interview that people should buy the president's daughter's clothing line.

Pascrell said he did not believe Trump has turned over control of his companies to his children, and even if he did, Pascrell agreed with ethics officials who oversee the executive branch that that is not sufficient to avoid conflicts.

Pascrell also said he believes Trump is violating the “emoluments clause” of the Constitution, which bars federal officials from receiving gifts or other things of value from foreign governments. He raised that issue in a Feb. 1 letter to Brady.

We know that state-owned enterprises in China and the United Arab Emirates are involved in his businesses, and that his business ties stretch to India, Turkey and the Philippines and beyond,” Pascrell wrote. “Russia, Saudi Arabia and Taiwan may also have ties to his businesses.”

“If I get a ‘no’ answer on this, I’ll be very honest with you: If these guys think I’m walking away from this, they’re absolutely nuts," Pascrell said. "The calls we’re getting, the calls other congressmen are getting, it’s unbelievable, we never expected this.”

Members of Congress are not required to release their tax returns, but must file financial disclosure forms, similar to one Trump had to file when he ran for president, outlining sources of income and the value of certain assets.

Pascrell, who is in his 11th term in the House, does not regularly release his own tax returns. In January 2012, when he was running in a competitive Democratic primary, he released his 2010 return after learning his opponent had also done so.

It showed Pascrell, now 80, had $267,518 in income in 2010, including his congressional salary and New Jersey pension from service as a state legislator, mayor and Paterson employee. He and his wife paid $57,740 in federal taxes, or an effective tax rate of 22 percent.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/02/11/congressman-rarely-used-law-could-make-trump-tax-returns-public/97788564/

9 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

So, I decided to look up Piers Morgan because I honestly have no idea who he is, I just know he's awful based on what I've seen mostly on this forum. 

Anyway, one thing led me to another thing, then I ended up on this video.

Then I thought... well, who the hell is Omarosa and this is the first thing that came up: 

"Omarosa is an American reality television personality and the director of communications for the Office of Public Liason in the Trump White:lmao:

Lol. Actually more than anything else I noticed, think that's the only time I've EVER seen Trump smile and laugh. 8*o lol Besides that Piss Morgan is such a bitch. 

23 hours ago, Hector said:

Piers Morgan vs Jim Jefferies :jerry:

21 hours ago, Nightshade said:

Even aside from this video clip, I would so do Jim Jeffries. 

I've never even heard of that Jim guy...he's awful and a bogan. I'm embarrassed as an Australian. Piers is an absolute egomaniac and piece of shit...and only says what he does for attention. See the body language of the woman next to him :lol: And Bill just regrets having either Piers or Jim on the show :lmao:

6 minutes ago, San said:

I've never even heard of that Jim guy...he's awful and a bogan. I'm embarrassed as an Australian. Piers is an absolute egomaniac and piece of shit...and only says what he does for attention. See the body language of the woman next to him :lol: And Bill just regrets having either Piers or Jim on the show :lmao:

I think Jim is a hottie. I have unusual taste, however. :horn:

Just now, Nightshade said:

I think Jim is a hottie. I have unusual taste, however. :horn:

Just looking wise? Aren't you off-put when he opens his mouth and bogan comes pouring out? :lol:

5 minutes ago, San said:

Just looking wise? Aren't you off-put when he opens his mouth and bogan comes pouring out? :lol:

Well, I've seen most all of his comedy specials. I mean, I think he's attractive (to me anyway) physically. But he's also hilarious on his comedy shows. He really goes after the gun lobby. I appreciate a bull-headed loud mouth now and then. His girlfriend had sex with Madonna also. But that has nothing to do with my attraction.

7 minutes ago, Nightshade said:

Well, I've seen most all of his comedy specials. I mean, I think he's attractive (to me anyway) physically. But he's also hilarious on his comedy shows. He really goes after the gun lobby. I appreciate a bull-headed loud mouth now and then. His girlfriend had sex with Madonna also. But that has nothing to do with my attraction.

:lmao: how do I not know this man...particularly in light of the Madonna connection. Who is she?

1 hour ago, San said:

did Jim say smth offensive? I dint see it. He stood up to that fucking cunt Piers and I have to admire him. And yes, he looks hot 2. And who is his gf and when did she sleep with Madonna?

11 minutes ago, elijah said:

did Jim say smth offensive? I dint see it. He stood up to that fucking cunt Piers and I have to admire him. And yes, he looks hot 2. And who is his gf and when did she sleep with Madonna?

His gf (but I guess wife now) is model Kate Luyben. In one of his stand-up comedy routines he said something about her "partying" with Madonna in Miami back in the 90's. He said she alluded to some group sex activities involving her, models, and NBA players. Who knows if it is really true, but I still think he's a hottie.

16 minutes ago, elijah said:

I watched the whole show. He's a dumbass and was way out if his league on there.

Donald Trump really has incredibly thin skin for a president.  They way he slams people on twitter who don't agree with him is the actions of a spoilt ego maniac.  

I know Mark Cuban well. He backed me big-time but I wasn't interested in taking all of his calls.He's not smart enough to run for president!

5 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

Donald Trump really has incredibly thin skin for a president.  They way he slams people on twitter who don't agree with him is the actions of a spoilt ego maniac.  

I know Mark Cuban well. He backed me big-time but I wasn't interested in taking all of his calls.He's not smart enough to run for president!

I definitely think there was some truth to Howard Stern's comments on Trump a couple weeks back. Yet another reason why the man is unfit for this job. He simply cannot mentally handle it. Quite ironic when we look back to his supporters during the campaign questioning Hillary's physical health and making up their own "alternative facts" surrounding that. Now of course we've seen Hillary out and about around town looking just fine since quite frequently. Yet, here we have Dump unraveling like Jack in The Shining right before our very eyes. He's a celebrity first and foremost and most of them DO NOT have Madonna's thick skin when it comes to criticism. 

3 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

I definitely think there was some truth to Howard Stern's comments on Trump a couple weeks back. Yet another reason why the man is unfit for this job. He simply cannot mentally handle it. Quite ironic when we look back to his supporters during the campaign questioning Hillary's physical health and making up their own "alternative facts" surrounding that. Now of course we've seen Hillary out and about around town looking just fine since quite frequently. Yet, here we have Dump unraveling like Jack in The Shining right before our very eyes. He's a celebrity first and foremost and most of them DO NOT have Madonna's thick skin when it comes to criticism. 

Exactly. Trump has never been a global massive celebrity. He's always been a little pawn;  never a king in the celebrity world so a few articles in the National Enquirer never prepared him for the amount of criticism he was going to get as a president. He really believed it was going to be all hunky dory.  He thought everybody was going to lick his ass once he was president. The idea you can't speak out against the US president has been long lost thanks to Trump. Only 2 administrations ago it was quite impossible to criticise the president without having some sort of repercussion now it has become an every day thing. Pretty much everybody has said loathing things about Trump. As a US president he has lost a huge amount of respect. 

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 1:59 PM, karbatal said:

This is such a wonderful post. Wonderful. 

If only we were taught in schools to be critical and to inform ourselves correctly,  they couldn't manipulate us so much.

Thank you Karbie :laugh:

Glad you enjoyed it

Watching the press conference of Trump and Trudeau. And it's hilarious. Trudeau being articulate (in French and English) and Trump is just babbeling, struggling to form two coherent sentences. All is just "great, great, just great". And of course he had to mention that he won the electoral vote by large numbers when no one asked him about it. He is such an embarrassment.

Sanity, sexyness, stability, smarts, selfless, confidence, class act on the left. An insane, demonic, big fat bag of wrinkley orange potatoes on the right

4 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Watching the press conference of Trump and Trudeau. And it's hilarious. Trudeau being articulate (in French and English) and Trump is just babbeling, struggling to form two coherent sentences. All is just "great, great, just great". And of course he had to mention that he won the electoral vote by large numbers when no one asked him about it. He is such an embarrassment.

37 minutes ago, Hector said:

Bish plz

nn1pad.jpg

The look on Trudeau's face is priceless.  

Compared to Trump, he is articulate, intelligent, classy and looks like a true leader.  

3 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Sane, sexyness, stability, selfless, confidence, hotness, class on the left. An insane, demonic, bag of wrinkley orange potatoes on the right

Ha ha, you say it so well.  Trump is completely shown up by Trudeau. 

1 minute ago, jazzyjan said:

Ha ha, you say it so well.  Trump is completely shown up by Trudeau. 

thanks but I added big fat bag wrinkly bag of potatoes! hehe