Trump / US politics thread đźš˝

Pedro

49 minutes ago, elijah said:

But so is Trump USA. I fear a US-Iran war. The Iraq war would be like a walk in the park.

Yes. Trump is in for a big mistake with Iran. Iraq was an easy pick compared to a fully armed Iran backed by Russia.

US-Iran war would be Israel's ultimate wet dream.

Guest Pud Whacker

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdJPJLGPfeSuUOS_kp2iz

Bret Easton Ellis: Trump is president, get over it

1486064803-131c83c8e058a181dd8f525994ce4

Americans need to get used to the fact Donald Trump was elected as president, US writer Bret Easton Ellis has said.

The American Psycho author hit out at celebrity culture for their continued protests at Mr Trump’s presidency and said there had been an “overreaction” to the rise of the Republican businessman.

Speaking as he launched his art exhibition in central London alongside multimedia artist Alex Israel, Bret said: “I didn’t vote Trump, I’m just saying the hysteria is bothering me a lot more than the reality of what he’s doing.

1486064921-2ebebbd9600e6605802d62cec3f69
Bret Easton Ellis spoke out against protesters (Yui Mok/PA)
“I don’t really know what the path to power is with protest, it’s done, this is where we are. If you wanna protest, protest the DNC, protest Hillary, protest whatever. But what you’re protesting here is an elected president.

“I think the protest is aiding this divisiveness, social media is aiding this, celebrity culture, the worst, is aiding it.”

Criticising former president Barack Obama’s administration for carrying out deportations, the writer added: “It is all about image and how people are swayed by surfaces and Trump disgusts people.

1486055672-523117f05363e5963141c2a66d274
The writer says people should accept Donald Trump won (Stefan Rousseau/PA)
“They see this big orange lump, angry, big puffy face and it really is quite a different step from the celebrity hep-cat, glamour of Obama.”

He added celebrities such as Meryl Streep commenting on politics was “hashtag why Trump won”.

“People love celebrities, I love celebrities, I’m obsessed with celebrities, I’ve written books about celebrities, so I love that celebrity culture exists. But when celebrities become these kind of strident, political advisers, wagging their finger, really people don’t buy it.

“It did not help Hillary Clinton at all having this mountain of celebrities on her side. Rejection, rejection.”

1486065136-b4f279220b96a63eba329c3528f58
Hillary Clinton, who had various celebrity supporters (Win McNamee/PA)
He added: “It happened. He was elected. He is our president. He’s moving very quickly. It’s bothering a lot of people. He is doing what he said he would do. He is elected.

“I do think there has been an overreaction to what’s going on. But that’s just endemic in the culture.”

The pair’s exhibition, titled Alex Israel and Bret Easton Ellis, matches stock images of sunsets, surf and aerial shots of Los Angeles to suggestive text penned by the author.

One, written before Trump was elected, uses the phrase “can 50 million people be wrong? Probably”.

Alex said the piece was originally about US singing programme American Idol because it is his “favourite TV show”.

He had initially omitted the work from the pair’s Beverly Hills exhibition last year but said he brought it to London “because its meaning could be interpreted in so many different ways based on current events”.

Alex Israel and Bret Easton Ellis is on at the Gagosian Gallery in central London between February 3 and March 18.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/entertainment/bret-easton-ellis-trump-is-president-get-over-it-775306.html

7 hours ago, Hector said:

Deranged evil woman 

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/conway-bowling-green-massacre-defend-trump-ban-article-1.2963116

Conway makes up 'Bowling Green massacre' to defend Trump's ban

Perhaps it was an alternative massacre?

Kellyanne Conway, a senior counselor to President Trump, appeared to concoct a bogus "massacre" while justifying Trump's controversial executive order on immigration during a Thursday night interview.

"I bet it's brand new information to people that President Obama had a six-month ban on the Iraqi refugee program after two Iraqis came here to this country, were radicalized and they were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre," Conway told MSNBC's Chris Matthews. "Most people don't know that because it didn't get covered."

Social media users were quick to point out that the supposed "massacre" didn't get any media coverage because it never actually happened.

imagejpeg

"This is the message (Conway) is sending to Iraqis: I hate you & make stuff up, now please help our deployed US personnel in Iraq," Democratic California Rep. Ted Lieu tweeted after viewing the segment.

The White House did not immediately return a request for clarification, but it's possible Conway was referring to Mohanad Shareef Hammadi, 25, and Waad Ramadan Alwan, 41 — two Iraqi nationals who were sentenced to long prison terms for taking part in attacks against U.S. troops in their homecountry, according to the Justice Department.

The two men lived in Bowling Green, Kentucky at the time of their indictment, but there is no information about either of them carrying out a "massacre" — or any violent offenses at all — on U.S. soil.

Conway's remark about Obama's "six-month ban" might have referred to the 2011 review of vetting procedures for Iraqi nationals that the former President ordered in light of the indictment of Hammadi and Alwan. The review was, however, not in any sense a ban.

Conway's conspicuous "massacre" comment comes less than two weeks after she defended false assertions about the size of Trump's inauguration crowd as "alternative facts."

"You're saying it's a falsehood. And they're giving — Sean Spicer, our press secretary — gave alternative facts," Conway told NBC's Chuck Todd while discussing Spicer's claim that the Jan. 20 crowd was "the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration."

imagejpeg

Todd scoffed in response, "Alternative facts aren't facts, they are falsehoods."

The exchange went viral immediately and prompted the "Alternative Facts" hashtag to trend across multiple social media platforms.

Demented and thick as shit. The world of "alternative facts" that America seems to be just lying back and taking. Pitiful.

10 hours ago, Hector said:

They're just getting bolder and scarier each day :scared:

:megamanson:

In what world is preventing mentally ill people from having guns and keeping water unpolluted seen as a BAD thing? What is wrong with these people?

1 hour ago, Nessie said:

Yes. Trump is in for a big mistake with Iran. Iraq was an easy pick compared to a fully armed Iran backed by Russia.

US-Iran war would be Israel's ultimate wet dream.

Iran was always this enormous big empire ruling all landmass up till Europe. Iran was and is a mix up with sunnis, shiites, yazidis etc. I think it was carved a bit artificially... you have the arabs, Kurds etc.

1 hour ago, Kim said:

In what world is preventing mentally ill people from having guns and keeping water unpolluted seen as a BAD thing? What is wrong with these people?

But Obama is far worse!  He is black,  you know... And faked his birth certificate. 

2 hours ago, Pud Whacker said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdJPJLGPfeSuUOS_kp2iz

Bret Easton Ellis: Trump is president, get over it

1486064803-131c83c8e058a181dd8f525994ce4

Americans need to get used to the fact Donald Trump was elected as president, US writer Bret Easton Ellis has said.

The American Psycho author hit out at celebrity culture for their continued protests at Mr Trump’s presidency and said there had been an “overreaction” to the rise of the Republican businessman.

Speaking as he launched his art exhibition in central London alongside multimedia artist Alex Israel, Bret said: “I didn’t vote Trump, I’m just saying the hysteria is bothering me a lot more than the reality of what he’s doing.

1486064921-2ebebbd9600e6605802d62cec3f69
Bret Easton Ellis spoke out against protesters (Yui Mok/PA)
“I don’t really know what the path to power is with protest, it’s done, this is where we are. If you wanna protest, protest the DNC, protest Hillary, protest whatever. But what you’re protesting here is an elected president.

“I think the protest is aiding this divisiveness, social media is aiding this, celebrity culture, the worst, is aiding it.”

Criticising former president Barack Obama’s administration for carrying out deportations, the writer added: “It is all about image and how people are swayed by surfaces and Trump disgusts people.

1486055672-523117f05363e5963141c2a66d274
The writer says people should accept Donald Trump won (Stefan Rousseau/PA)
“They see this big orange lump, angry, big puffy face and it really is quite a different step from the celebrity hep-cat, glamour of Obama.”

He added celebrities such as Meryl Streep commenting on politics was “hashtag why Trump won”.

“People love celebrities, I love celebrities, I’m obsessed with celebrities, I’ve written books about celebrities, so I love that celebrity culture exists. But when celebrities become these kind of strident, political advisers, wagging their finger, really people don’t buy it.

“It did not help Hillary Clinton at all having this mountain of celebrities on her side. Rejection, rejection.”

1486065136-b4f279220b96a63eba329c3528f58
Hillary Clinton, who had various celebrity supporters (Win McNamee/PA)
He added: “It happened. He was elected. He is our president. He’s moving very quickly. It’s bothering a lot of people. He is doing what he said he would do. He is elected.

“I do think there has been an overreaction to what’s going on. But that’s just endemic in the culture.”

The pair’s exhibition, titled Alex Israel and Bret Easton Ellis, matches stock images of sunsets, surf and aerial shots of Los Angeles to suggestive text penned by the author.

One, written before Trump was elected, uses the phrase “can 50 million people be wrong? Probably”.

Alex said the piece was originally about US singing programme American Idol because it is his “favourite TV show”.

He had initially omitted the work from the pair’s Beverly Hills exhibition last year but said he brought it to London “because its meaning could be interpreted in so many different ways based on current events”.

Alex Israel and Bret Easton Ellis is on at the Gagosian Gallery in central London between February 3 and March 18.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/entertainment/bret-easton-ellis-trump-is-president-get-over-it-775306.html

This man is so wrong on so many level. The culture of celebrities? But Trump is a celebrity. He's not a politician. What right does he have to say these people are not competent enough to criticise or protest when the Donald himself was never in a position to be a head of state. So because half America has lost the plot that means the rest of America and all the world have to go down with it? It's easy for him to say let him do his job when his policies are not affecting him. I wanna see if he was a Syrian writer and was banned from entering the US or he had an Iranian wife and she was banned from entering the the US if he still would say shut up stop protesting and let him do his job. These people always stress that they didn't vote for Trump but then again they always say negative things about Hillary or Obama. It simply doesn't make sense. They might as well voted for him if they find him without fault. 

@MeakMaker  It's Brett Easton Ellis...a washed up, self-loathing piece of shit who has something to promote. He's talking shit to get a reaction and doing the very same thing he's deriding..using his OWN micro-celebrity for his own agenda. It's all around us, don't even give it a platform.

:lmao::lmao:

Guest Pud Whacker
1 minute ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

:lmao::lmao:

isnt that line FABULOUS?!!! :lol:

The thing with the media being so obsessed with Trump is all down to our culture of villains worshipping. I mean take Hitler for example. He must be the most talked about historical figure. I lost counts on how many tv programs or books they have on Hitler and Nazi Germany. It's a sickening obsession. Since the media have already decided Trump is the ultimate villain the coverage will always be biased in that respect BUT the Donanld is not helping his case either. Instead of at least trying to portray a more rational, tolerant  and sympathetic figure he fashioned himself as this anti media warrior. Unfortunately for him he completely miscalculated the circumstances; Trump the celebrity might have had a chance to win his battle against the media but Trump the president has no chance. The more he retaliates against the media the worst the coverage of him will be from tv networks, newspapers, magazines and online. 

14 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

These people always stress that they didn't vote for Trump but then again they always say negative things about Hillary or Obama. It simply doesn't make sense. They might as well voted for him if they find him without fault. 

It does makes sense. All of this problems were agravated (if not, actually created) by the Obama/Hillary administration. If everything was fine then Trump wouldn't be elected. He was elected precisely because of the mess caused by Obama policies. The dems never thought that their artificial arab spring would cost them the presidency years later. They are paying a huge price for instigating a sectarian general conflict in the middle east in 2011 onwards. We are in 2017 witnessing the results of their actions and Trump is the face of this reactionary movement.

1 minute ago, Nessie said:

It does makes sense. All of this problems were agravated (if not, actually created) by the Obama/Hillary administration. If everything was fine then Trump wouldn't be elected. He was elected precisely because of the mess caused by Obama  policies. The dems never thought that their artificial arab spring would cost them the presidency years later. They are paying a huge price for instigating a sectarian general conflict in the middle east in 2011 onwards. We are in 2017 witnessing the results of their actions and Trump is the face of this reactionary movement.

Why did Hilary win the popular vote then?

It's not Obama.  It's this Zeitgeist we're living with population angry at situations that started decades ago,  and populists promising better times with lies. It's happening in more countries.  If it were obama's fault,  we wouldn't be worried about UK or France or Austria. 

3 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

The thing with the media being so obsessed with Trump is all down to our culture of villains worshipping. I mean take Hitler for example. He must be the most talked about historical figure. I lost counts how many tv programsor books they have on Hitler and Nazi Germany. It's a sickening obsession. Since the media have already decided Trump is the ultimate villain the coverage will always be biased in that respect BUT the Donanld is not helping his case either. Instead of at least trying to portray a more rational, tolerant  and sympathetic figure he fashioned himself as this anti media warrior. Unfortunately for him he completely miscalculated the circumstances; Trump the celebrity might have had a chance to win his battle against the media but Trump the president has no chance. The more he retaliates against the media the worst the coverage of him will be from tv networks, newspapers, magazines and online. 

Basically, there's never been such a publicly sociopathic mad man as the US President before, and it affects the entire world. Of course the interest in gonna be there.

Guest Pud Whacker
13 minutes ago, Nessie said:

It does makes sense. All of this problems were agravated (if not, actually created) by the Obama/Hillary administration. If everything was fine then Trump wouldn't be elected. He was elected precisely because of the mess caused by Obama  policies. The dems never thought that their artificial arab spring would cost them the presidency years later. They are paying a huge price for instigating a sectarian general conflict in the middle east in 2011 onwards. We are in 2017 witnessing the results of their actions and Trump is the face of this reactionary movement.

and reading about the aftermath of his being elected, they believe the abuse and bad behavior is tarnishing the democrat party even further. 

which again, as ive said a million times, will only gain Trump 4 additional years. 

to a thinking person, they can hear and understand that as clear as a bell.

to the close minded, humorless, repressed imbeciles it translates into RACIST REPUBLICAN PIG WHO LIKES MILO.  :rotfl:

Just now, drunkbysix said:

Why did Hilary win the popular vote then?

Because a huge part of the electorate still believed she could do better than a blunt fascist buffon like Trump. But half of America voted for him and this is proof enough of the mess that the US is at now due to the previous government mistakes. A truly divided nation in grave turmoil.

4 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It's not Obama.  It's this Zeitgeist we're living with population angry at situations that started decades ago,  and populists promising better times with lies. It's happening in more countries.  If it were obama's fault,  we wouldn't be worried about UK or France or Austria. 

I knew this would happen in the US after the Brexit vote. The tide had been turning slowly across the West, then the waves crashed suddenly. It also emboldened him that he could actually win and sure enough the exact same tactics of  'project fear' were used to outstanding effect.

3 minutes ago, Pud Whacker said:

and reading about the aftermath of his being elected, they believe the abuse and bad behavior is tarnishing the democrat party even further. 

which again, as ive said a million times, will only gain Trump 4 additional years. 

to a thinking person, they can hear and understand that as clear as a bell.

to the close minded, humorless, repressed imbeciles it translates into RACIST REPUBLICAN PIG WHO LIKES MILO.  :rotfl:

The fact that you can't express your point of few in words or any kind of eloquence isn't anyone else's fault but your own. Digging up right wing articles and posting them like a TROLL under the misconception that you're being a "rabble rouser" is stupidity at best, dangerous at worst. Grow up. 

I do wonder about the outcome,  though.  Fake news,  not trusting democracy,  politics blatantly lying,  orchestrated campaigns... 

We are suddenly living in a Black Mirror dystopia.  

How will our society change? 

Guest Pud Whacker
Just now, Nessie said:

Because a huge part of the electorate still believed she could do better than a blunt fascist buffon like Trump. But half of America voted for him and this is proof enough of the mess that the US is at now due to the previous government mistakes. A truly divided nation in grave turmoil.

Harsh and true but an understatement, if you know what i mean.  i believe something horrid is going to happen due to the violence the democrats are exhibiting, that i used to think was reserved for the back wood republicans.  boy, was i wrong. 

i was always under the impression the democrats were for the underdog, the voice of the forgotten and ignored, the lower middle class.  ive been disillusioned with them since 96 when Clinton in his last term with nothing to lose said No to gay marriage - that it was between a man and a woman.  i started noticing thereafter, the gay community was being thrown bones for the vote.  i pushed it aside and excused it as as, "thats ok, that what all politicians do".  i think were living in the result of that.

somewhere along the line my party, the democrats, morphed into elitists. 

Which violence :lmao:

Being angry because water is now allowed to be pollute?  because dim-witted now are able to buy guns?  At Milo?  at climate changing being forgotten? 

That's called defending YOUR rights Pud.  

Oh God,  reading Pud's post really makes me understand why USA is in this mess.  

22 minutes ago, Nessie said:

It does makes sense. All of this problems were agravated (if not, actually created) by the Obama/Hillary administration. If everything was fine then Trump wouldn't be elected. He was elected precisely because of the mess caused by Obama policies. The dems never thought that their artificial arab spring would cost them the presidency years later. They are paying a huge price for instigating a sectarian general conflict in the middle east in 2011 onwards. We are in 2017 witnessing the results of their actions and Trump is the face of this reactionary movement.

totally accurate in my opinion

5 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Being angry because water is now allowed to be pollute?  because dim-witted now are able to buy guns?  At Milo?  at climate changing being forgotten? 

You missed his last bit about the "liberal elite". LOL it's like reading the Republican Handbook. They're all over facebook and twitter these...people.

Guest Pud Whacker
Just now, karbatal said:

Being angry at water allowed to be pollute?  At dim-witted bow able to buy guns?  At Milo?  

:ass: Blame it on the Rain, not on Pud.

didnt you always think brash, uncivilized, violent behavior belonged to back woods republican people?  i always did.  i was always scared to leave Hollywood or go to the middle of the country for fear of being tied to the back of a truck by my nuts through town for being a fag.  seriously, i would ONLY go to NY, SF, LA and Miami.  i branched out a little since then but im always on HIGH ALERT!

you cant identify your enemies now by their mullet or rats tail anymore - theyre all looking metrosexual! :lol:

6 minutes ago, Kim said:

You missed his last bit about the "liberal elite". LOL it's like reading the Republican Handbook. They're all over facebook and twitter these...people.

Could Pud be on the troll payroll of Trump? He's got all the "talking points."