Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Pedro

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/317675-senate-schedules-630-am-vote-on-devos

February 02, 2017 - 06:27 PM EST

Senate schedules 6:30 am vote on DeVos

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has scheduled a vote at 6:30 a.m. Friday, an unusually early time, to advance Betsy DeVos’s nomination to serve as secretary of Education.

Senate Republicans say they are getting fed up with Democratic obstruction and the extra early vote will allow them to get a head start in running time off the procedural clock.

McConnell is confident he will have the 51 votes he needs Friday to end debate on DeVos.

Early morning votes are an extreme rarity in the Senate. One memorable instance took place the day before Christmas, 2009, when Democrats passed ObamaCare shortly after 7 am on a party-line vote of 60 to 39. 

While two Republicans, Sens. Susan Collins (Maine) and Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), will ultimately oppose DeVos, they will vote with their GOP colleagues on the procedural question of ending dilatory debate.

Senate rules require that 30 hours elapse after the Senate has voted to cut off a filibuster before a vote on final passage can be held.

By voting at 6:30 a.m., Republicans have a chance of confirming DeVos by late Monday but if Democrats drag out the post-cloture debate for the full 30 hours, it could lag into Tuesday. 

McConnell and other GOP leaders are confident that there will be no other Republican defections on DeVos. They expect she will win confirmation next week with 51 votes after Vice President Pence weighs in to break an expected tie.

Whats sad but not at ALL surprising is the whole world knows there's easily more than 51, probably 71 votes against Devos but those Republicans esp. in deep red states or who are vulnerable prob got threatened and intimidated to degrees we probably dont even wanna imagine. Soo friggin frustrating that the Dems didn't at least take the Senate or have it be 50/50 ish vs a 4 seat deficit. Theres NO f'king stopping anything he does until (maybe) very late 2018 :# 

23 minutes ago, Kim said:

Have they even managed to obstruct anything so far?

They're a bunch of disorganized wimps. I was just reading this: "Most Democrats have turned to lambs at Trump's feet" http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/king-democrats-turned-lambs-trump-feet-article-1.2961375

1 minute ago, Hector said:

They're a bunch of disorganized wimps. I was just reading this: "Most Democrats have turned to lambs at Trump's feet" http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/king-democrats-turned-lambs-trump-feet-article-1.2961375

Dreadful. This is what some of us were saying ages ago. The sad, sorry state of the Democrats runs a lot deeper than Saint Hillary not winning.. Same with Labour over here. Completely ineffective and complacent while the cog of conservative regression turns and turns.

This is shocking y'all

49 minutes ago, Dannylex said:

This is shocking y'all

:blink::wacko: Um...yet is this ANY friggin surprise! Very few sane people believe he actually wanted this! :# 

Seems John McCain is doing some damage control for Trump.  

“Australia is one of America’s oldest friends and staunchest allies. We are united by ties of family and friendship, mutual interests and common values, and shared sacrifice in wartime,” the former Vietnam POW said in a statement.

“In that spirit, I called Australia’s Ambassador to the United States this morning to express my unwavering support for the US-Australia alliance.”

The Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee also recognised Australia’s wartime alliance with the US.

“On the Fourth of July 1918, American and Australian soldiers fought side-by-side at the Battle of Hamel. In the century that followed, our two nations struggled and sacrificed together in World War I and World War II, Korea and Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq. Those of us who took part in the conflict remember well the service of more than 50,000 Australians in the Vietnam War, including more than 500 that gave their lives,” Senator McCain said.

“Today, Australia is hosting increased deployments of US aircraft, more regular port visits by US warships, and critical training for U.S. marines at Robertson Barracks in Darwin. This deepening co-operation is a reminder that from maintaining security and prosperity in the Asia-Pacific region to combating radical Islamist terrorism, the US-Australia relationship is more important than ever.”

He added that he asked Mr Hockey to “convey to the people of Australia” that Americans value their alliance.

RE: in regards to this whole Milo bullshit:

A strategy demagogues have used for over a century is to foment unrest and violence, and then blame people who have criticized them for creating the unrest – and use their alleged complicity as a means of reducing their autonomy and building up the demagogue’s power. 

Trump did it today, blaming the University of California at Berkeley for denying Milo Yiannopoulos (of Breitbart News) the right to free speech – when in fact the University opened its biggest and most accessible auditorium to that hatemonger. And there’s growing evidence that the agitators who caused police to cancel the speech may have been connected to right-wing groups -- such as those spawned by Yiannopoulos himself – that intended to create an incident that would give Trump and his surrogates a justification to blame the University, the media, the left, and their other targets. 

So Trump threatens to withhold federal funds from Berkeley (as if he had the despotic power to do this). 

Trump “counselor” Kellyanne Conway blames “the media” – her favorite target. “What’s going on out there is what’s going on all across the country,” Conway, said. The protesters “have got media cameras following them; they give interviews.” 

And Yiannopoulos blames his target -- “the Left.” “One thing I do know for sure: The Left is absolutely terrified of free speech and will do literally anything to shut it down,” he wrote.

It’s all right out of the despot’s playbook. Know your history.

50 minutes ago, svperstar said:

RE: in regards to this whole Milo bullshit:

A strategy demagogues have used for over a century is to foment unrest and violence, and then blame people who have criticized them for creating the unrest – and use their alleged complicity as a means of reducing their autonomy and building up the demagogue’s power. 

Trump did it today, blaming the University of California at Berkeley for denying Milo Yiannopoulos (of Breitbart News) the right to free speech – when in fact the University opened its biggest and most accessible auditorium to that hatemonger. And there’s growing evidence that the agitators who caused police to cancel the speech may have been connected to right-wing groups -- such as those spawned by Yiannopoulos himself – that intended to create an incident that would give Trump and his surrogates a justification to blame the University, the media, the left, and their other targets. 

So Trump threatens to withhold federal funds from Berkeley (as if he had the despotic power to do this). 

Trump “counselor” Kellyanne Conway blames “the media” – her favorite target. “What’s going on out there is what’s going on all across the country,” Conway, said. The protesters “have got media cameras following them; they give interviews.” 

And Yiannopoulos blames his target -- “the Left.” “One thing I do know for sure: The Left is absolutely terrified of free speech and will do literally anything to shut it down,” he wrote.

It’s all right out of the despot’s playbook. Know your history.

I just read your link to the article about his view on transgenders and I'm disgusted. To say that transgenders will suffer all those health issues etc so therefore there should not be any transgender ? I think every person who would like to transition int another gender will be informed of all those risks by their doctors and isn't their choices to take those risks? To suggest that the suicide rate for transgenders is higher because they are transgenders ? Isn't it because of people like Milo who wrote a stupid article in support of a society that doesn't support freedom of choice ?

He chose to do this campus tour and people have chosen to protest . What's the problem ?

Also I don't get the Madonna thing at all. Yes she was anti establishments but in doing so she helped bring spotlights on key issues such as homophobia , sexism , racism ( as in the narrative of Like A Prayer vdo - that's what I got from it anyway ) and AIDS etc. She didn't do it out of hatred . 

Well..Nordstroms dropped Ivanka! :D Her shit is like 85-90% off all over the place now I read lmao. It's a start and I'm sure one by one anything with the Trump name or affiliation is gonna start getting squashed. Never seen such a consistent brutal backlash to...anything or anyone. It's like this one family against the whole world! Money and business ties are all that will ever matter to this parasite- more than the 'presidency' I predict like Howard Stern said he's gonna lose his mind the more people rebel and reject him. Just hope he's well out of office first. If not, the world is gonna get nuked, bombed or whatever. 

6 hours ago, Pud Whacker said:

Thank you darling. Xo

The bizarre thing is 80% of this board has known me for over 10 years and I can't believe what I'm seeing, hearing, being accused of. I'm not complaining but it's baffling. The people that know me, KNOW ME. Like you, whom I love AND trust  

I have always been odd. Always had a weird sense of humor and ALWAYS been attracted to rabble rousers. One of their names is...

MADONNA.  For those that don't know her or maybe didn't LIVE while it was happening, or maybe forgot her potency..

She was a woman many years ago that liked to ruffle people's feathers, gross people out, crawl off a wedding cake and hump the floor, dance in front of burning crosses while kissing a black saint and had a penchant for FLASHING her naked body to the world every chance she got.

Making love under a cross while homos, lesbians and a woman dressed as a NAZI sadistically pulled the hair back of Madonna's lover while he was roped to a chair. 

She used to piss a lot of people off. People that worshipped Christ were always calling her blasphemous. Even The Pope.  

In other words, she liked to disrespect what others cherished. Which I adore!

The world has since changed because of this woman and now every pop star covers Madonna's old territory so it doesn't quite pack the same punch it used to. People are desensitized. 

Thats just one FUCKING WEIRD CUNT that I have worshipped and still do in my life. 

So in the words of one fabulous fag...

EAT IT!!!!

:headbang:

I think you are confusing being a rebel to being just contrary.  

And I agree too that threads defending scum should be deleted,  because they shouldn't be opened or bumped in the first place.  

There were people defending Le Pen just some weeks ago and I blocked them.  Some things are just WRONG and unacceptable.

1 hour ago, jazzyjan said:

Seems John McCain is doing some damage control for Trump.  

“Australia is one of America’s oldest friends and staunchest allies. We are united by ties of family and friendship, mutual interests and common values, and shared sacrifice in wartime,” the former Vietnam POW said in a statement.

“In that spirit, I called Australia’s Ambassador to the United States this morning to express my unwavering support for the US-Australia alliance.”

The Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee also recognised Australia’s wartime alliance with the US.

“On the Fourth of July 1918, American and Australian soldiers fought side-by-side at the Battle of Hamel. In the century that followed, our two nations struggled and sacrificed together in World War I and World War II, Korea and Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq. Those of us who took part in the conflict remember well the service of more than 50,000 Australians in the Vietnam War, including more than 500 that gave their lives,” Senator McCain said.

“Today, Australia is hosting increased deployments of US aircraft, more regular port visits by US warships, and critical training for U.S. marines at Robertson Barracks in Darwin. This deepening co-operation is a reminder that from maintaining security and prosperity in the Asia-Pacific region to combating radical Islamist terrorism, the US-Australia relationship is more important than ever.”

He added that he asked Mr Hockey to “convey to the people of Australia” that Americans value their alliance.

Um...WHY isnt even an 1/8 of someone like 'this' not in any way shape or form in the White House? :// Fking Repubs WON so...unless they're 'working on things' behind the scenes asap to boot this beast, past the point of a horrific 24/7 nightmare that this actual reality. It's like..every friggin day waking up fretting 'who' he and his team pissed off, bully or called out! 

This article appeared on an Australian news site. Very interesting and possibly a correct prediction of Trump.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/is-the-us-in-the-middle-of-a-coup/news-story/ab0ece5c5b27b004b0b203fcce435a92 

Sorry can't paste the article. But its a good read so i recommend clicking on the link.

9 hours ago, pjcowley said:

Check this out, look at him (your president, not mine)....

Those who blindly continue to elevate this dangerous unfit-to-lead a country lunatic asshole, and those who post cheap passive-aggressive sarcastic jabs: you deserve your fucking Donald Trump.

When did this happen? This is so wrong. And who said to him Get Out Of My Country? Trumps security officials? 

Deranged evil woman 

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/conway-bowling-green-massacre-defend-trump-ban-article-1.2963116

Conway makes up 'Bowling Green massacre' to defend Trump's ban

BY  CHRIS SOMMERFELDT 

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Updated: Friday, February 3, 2017, 12:35 AM

Perhaps it was an alternative massacre?

Kellyanne Conway, a senior counselor to President Trump, appeared to concoct a bogus "massacre" while justifying Trump's controversial executive order on immigration during a Thursday night interview.

"I bet it's brand new information to people that President Obama had a six-month ban on the Iraqi refugee program after two Iraqis came here to this country, were radicalized and they were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre," Conway told MSNBC's Chris Matthews. "Most people don't know that because it didn't get covered."

Social media users were quick to point out that the supposed "massacre" didn't get any media coverage because it never actually happened.

205tqmb.jpg

"This is the message (Conway) is sending to Iraqis: I hate you & make stuff up, now please help our deployed US personnel in Iraq," Democratic California Rep. Ted Lieu tweeted after viewing the segment.

The White House did not immediately return a request for clarification, but it's possible Conway was referring to Mohanad Shareef Hammadi, 25, and Waad Ramadan Alwan, 41 — two Iraqi nationals who were sentenced to long prison terms for taking part in attacks against U.S. troops in their homecountry, according to the Justice Department.

The two men lived in Bowling Green, Kentucky at the time of their indictment, but there is no information about either of them carrying out a "massacre" — or any violent offenses at all — on U.S. soil.

Conway's remark about Obama's "six-month ban" might have referred to the 2011 review of vetting procedures for Iraqi nationals that the former President ordered in light of the indictment of Hammadi and Alwan. The review was, however, not in any sense a ban.

Conway's conspicuous "massacre" comment comes less than two weeks after she defended false assertions about the size of Trump's inauguration crowd as "alternative facts."

"You're saying it's a falsehood. And they're giving — Sean Spicer, our press secretary — gave alternative facts," Conway told NBC's Chuck Todd while discussing Spicer's claim that the Jan. 20 crowd was "the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration."

dfysrc.jpg

Todd scoffed in response, "Alternative facts aren't facts, they are falsehoods."

The exchange went viral immediately and prompted the "Alternative Facts" hashtag to trend across multiple social media platforms.

The fact that some Americans don't know what the first amendment really means:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

1 hour ago, Dannylex said:

The fact that some Americans don't know what the first amendment really means:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

For them the constitution is only valid when they exercise their rights to buy or own guns.

America is nolonger a dream. It has become a nightmare. 

#AmericanNigthmare

Wow, a Bowling Green massacre  ???

This woman and along the whole Trumpus team is delusional.

Trump is accusing Iran, and I hope this wont turn out into a new war. Middle East is a tickling time bomb and very breakable.

Trumpus should get a policy book and read it how to be a politician. Maybe Obama should be his teacher

Trump: ‘Iran is playing with fire, I won't be as kind as Obama’

US President Donald Trump has tweeted that "Iran is playing with fire," and warned Tehran that he won’t be as “kind” as former President Barack Obama. His comments come after Tehran’s missile test this week.

It comes a day after the US president threatened Tehran that military options are "not off the table" in response to the missile test.

On Monday, Fox News cited US officials as saying that Iran had carried out medium-range ballistic missile tests.

That was followed on Thursday by reports from CNN, NBC News and Reuters, all quoting sources, that said Washington could roll out fresh sanctions against Iran as early as Friday.

Iran has confirmed that it tested the missile, and that the launch was "in line" with its plans.

"We will not allow foreigners to interfere in our defense affairs," Defense Minister Hossein Dehghan told Tasnim news agency on Wednesday.

In another tweet posted on Thursday, Trump wrote that "Iran was on its last legs and ready to collapse," but the US "gave it a life-line in the form of the Iran Deal: $150 billion."

In response to Trump’s tweet , Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif also took to social media, posting a statement saying that Iran is unmoved by US threats and will never initiate war.

Almost two years ago, Tehran and five world powers signed a historic deal under which Iran agreed to curb its nuclear program in exchange for sanctions relief.

Tehran asserted on Wednesday that its missile tests did not involve rockets with nuclear warheads, meaning they are not covered by the deal agreed with world powers.

Zarif added that Iran is using ballistic missiles as part of its defense program. 
The $150 billion that Trump was referring to in his Tweet was apparently the amount Iran gained access to as a result of the deal, including billions of dollars in assets unfrozen in foreign banks around the globe.

With the sanctions lifted, in theory those funds would be unlocked. However, the US Treasury Department estimated back in the fall that once Tehran fulfills its obligations related to the funds, it would have about $55 billion left.

https://www.rt.com/usa/376184-trump-not-kind-iran-missile/

Guest Pud Whacker
9 hours ago, karbatal said:

I think you are confusing being a rebel to being just contrary.  

And I agree too that threads defending scum should be deleted,  because they shouldn't be opened or bumped in the first place.  

There were people defending Le Pen just some weeks ago and I blocked them.  Some things are just WRONG and unacceptable.

Rabble Rousers are rebels! People who upset other groups hardcore beliefs. They burned effigies of Madonna!

AND I LOVE IT!!! I live for it. 

52 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Yes.  Irån is a very powerful force and a big ally of Russia. 

But so is Trump USA. I fear a US-Iran war. The Iraq war would be like a walk in the park.