Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Pedro

56 minutes ago, Pud Whacker said:

I voted for Hillary. I think Trump is a bafoon. But I believe this PC culture and people like you @drunkbysix is THE REASON someone like Trump made it into the White House. The ignorance and complacency of this culture in which we live.

I warned all of you early on. Nobody listened and nobody cared. "Oh, he won't win, it's impossible..." As I did with Lady Ugly. I was banned from Pop Princesses years ago when everyone was in the middle of their love affair with her. 

If you have to ask me if I'm racist, I leave it you and your brain to answer that for yourself. I don't want to control your mind and I don't need your approval on ANYTHING. Or anyone's. I'm secure in my own skin with MY OWN BRAIN. 

It's true that both times you could see the outcome. The DISSASTER. 

You are the Uyulala of Madonnanation

Resultado de imagen de uyulala gif

Guest Pud Whacker
4 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It's true that all the people that went away were because of baby Pud :lmao:

Oh dear, hahahahaha. 

Pud, we love you, don't be such a Madonna in TOD in the soundcheck. 

i love you too, faustficker!

can you imagine?  its because of corporate branding (BUY MDNA SKIN), when things go wrong, its easy to POINT THE FINGER...

people have always hated me because i have an opinion that doesnt schlep along with the other sheep.  whatever the current climate is. 

if it was GU, he was mad because at one point i supported him and then blocked him, so he made it HIS MISSION to aggravate me, at any cost.  i can name the others i have blocked - but theyre busy reporting this as we speak because well...

we know why.  or i do anyway.

Guest Pud Whacker
5 minutes ago, karbatal said:

:old:

or the exact opposite of Skin who ADORED Lady Ugly and swore Trump would not win. :lol:

7 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Actually , he was all set to say "see, everyone, I told you Hillary would get in, all this worry for nothing. All this drama over nothing. I told you all" He was just as shocked as anyone when that prick got in. Now he expects everyone to sit around and be grateful that a few laws AREN'T being repealed. He is in fact the worst of all... COMPLICIT. 

Guest Pud Whacker

Screen shot 2017-02-02 at 8.28.01 AM.png

you all should LOVE this.

2017-02-02T155235Z_3_LYNXMPED110Z8_RTROP

By Parisa Hafezi

ANKARA (Reuters) - A top adviser to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Thursday Iran will not yield to "useless" U.S. threats from "an inexperienced person" over its ballistic missile program.

U.S. President Donald Trump's national security adviser, Michael Flynn, said on Wednesday the United States was putting Iran on notice over its "destabilizing activity" after it test-fired a ballistic missile.

Trump echoed that language on Thursday, saying in a tweet "Iran has been formally put on notice" after his administration said it was reviewing how to respond to the launch that Iran said was solely for defensive purposes.

Iran said on Wednesday it had tested the new ballistic missile but said it did not breach a nuclear deal reached with six major powers in 2015 or a U.N. Security Council resolution that endorsed the accord.

"This is not the first time that an inexperienced person has threatened Iran ... the American government will understand that threatening Iran is useless," Ali Akbar Velayati said, without identifying any U.S. official specifically in his comments.

"Iran does not need permission from any country to defend itself," he was quoted as saying by the semi-official Fars news agency. Khamenei is the country's most powerful figure.

A U.S. official said Iran had test-launched the medium-range ballistic missile on Sunday and it exploded after traveling 630 miles (1,010 km). Iran said it had been a successful launch.

A series of tests conducted by Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) in 2016 caused international concern, with some powers saying any launch of nuclear-capable ballistic missiles would violate U.N. Security Council resolution 2231.

NUCLEAR DEAL

The IRGC maintains an arsenal of dozens of short and medium-range ballistic missiles - the largest in the Middle East, according to the London-based International Institute for Strategic Studies.

Under the nuclear agreement, most U.N. sanctions were lifted a year ago. But Iran is still subject to an U.N. arms embargo and other restrictions, which are not technically part of the deal.

Trump has frequently criticized the Iran nuclear deal, which restricts Tehran's nuclear activities in exchange for the lifting of the sanctions, calling the agreement weak and ineffective. He tweeted on Thursday that Iran "should have been thankful for the terrible deal the U.S. made with them".

Iran's Defence Minister Hossein Dehghan told the semi-official Tasnim news agency on Thursday: "The missile test on Sunday was successful ... the test was not a violation of a nuclear deal with world powers or any U.N. resolution."

German newspaper Die Welt, citing unspecified intelligence sources, reported on Thursday that Iran had tested a home-made cruise missile called "Sumar" that is capable of carrying nuclear weapons.

Tasnim news agency two years ago published pictures of the Sumar missile, reporting that it was successfully test-fired.

While Iran says its missile program is aimed at displaying the country's "deterrent power and its ability to confront any threat", some IRGC commanders have said that Iran's medium-range ballistic missiles were designed to be able to hit Israel.

Iran refuses to recognize Israel.

(Writing by Parisa Hafezi; Editing by Alison Williams)

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/top-khamenei-ally-says-useless-u-threaten-iran-112949295.html

Iran to dump the US dollar in response to Trump's travel ban

Tehran plans to ditch the use of the American currency in financial reporting after US President Donald Trump issued a travel ban on seven countries, including Iran.

According to the local news agency PressTV, the Central Bank of Iran is seeking to replace the dollar with a new common foreign currency or use a basket of currencies in all official financial and foreign exchange reports.

The governor Valiollah Seif said it would come into force in the new financial year starting March 21, 2017.

The agency quotes Seif recommending using currencies with a “high degree of stability.”

The decision comes after President Trump temporarily banned citizens of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen from entering the US.

After Trump’s election, the Iranian rial saw record lows against the dollar. On December 27 it plunged to its all-time low of 41,600 rials to the dollar.

The head of the central bank said the US did not have a significant role in Iranian trade and could be replaced with currencies of Iran’s key partners like the European Union, China, and the United Arab Emirates.

Tehran has agreements with Russia, Turkey, Azerbaijan and Iraq to use national currencies in the local trade.

Iran gets oil revenues in US dollars, and exchanging $41 billion for other currencies has significant risk, analysts have warned.

The local business newspaper Donya-ye Eqtesad responded that Iran uses dollars only in official reporting, and the US currency has largely been replaced with other currencies.

https://www.rt.com/business/375789-iran-dollar-trump-ban/

Guest Pud Whacker
1 minute ago, Nessie said:

Tehran plans to ditch the use of the American currency in financial reporting after US President Donald Trump issued a travel ban on seven countries, including Iran.

According to the local news agency PressTV, the Central Bank of Iran is seeking to replace the dollar with a new common foreign currency or use a basket of currencies in all official financial and foreign exchange reports.

The governor Valiollah Seif said it would come into force in the new financial year starting March 21, 2017.

The agency quotes Seif recommending using currencies with a “high degree of stability.”

The decision comes after President Trump temporarily banned citizens of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen from entering the US.

After Trump’s election, the Iranian rial saw record lows against the dollar. On December 27 it plunged to its all-time low of 41,600 rials to the dollar.

The head of the central bank said the US did not have a significant role in Iranian trade and could be replaced with currencies of Iran’s key partners like the European Union, China, and the United Arab Emirates.

Tehran has agreements with Russia, Turkey, Azerbaijan and Iraq to use national currencies in the local trade.

Iran gets oil revenues in US dollars, and exchanging $41 billion for other currencies has significant risk, analysts have warned.

The local business newspaper Donya-ye Eqtesad responded that Iran uses dollars only in official reporting, and the US currency has largely been replaced with other currencies.

its all pound, shillings and pence to me!!!

58 minutes ago, Pud Whacker said:

i love you too, faustficker!

can you imagine?  its because of corporate branding (BUY MDNA SKIN), when things go wrong, its easy to POINT THE FINGER...

people have always hated me because i have an opinion that doesnt schlep along with the other sheep.  whatever the current climate is. 

if it was GU, he was mad because at one point i supported him and then blocked him, so he made it HIS MISSION to aggravate me, at any cost.  i can name the others i have blocked - but theyre busy reporting this as we speak because well...

we know why.  or i do anyway.

Well, as long as you never leave and as long as we all here  love each other, the rest is irrelevant.

43 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Well, the euro is pretty nice and has much more glamour than those old American Presidents.

We have ARCHITECTURE AND ART 

• Classical: €5 banknote;
  • Romanesque: €10 banknote;
  • Gothic: €20 banknote;
  • Renaissance: €50 banknote;
  • Baroque and rococo: €100 banknote;
  • Age of iron and glass: €200 banknote;
  • Modern 20th century architecture: €500 banknote  

Its scary, every new day, the news are full only about Trump and his decisions.

I never heard from any president in the world, who said, this telephone conference was the worst!!!

Thats really harsh,

oh, I hope Iran will not give up and stay agains Donald !!!

10 minutes ago, jaron said:

Its scary, every new day, the news are full only about Trump and his decisions.

I never heard from any president in the world, who said, this telephone conference was the worst!!!

Thats really harsh,

oh, I hope Iran will not give up and stay agains Donald !!!

It's even worse than that... it seems that he HANG UP THE PHONE on Australia PM's face!!!! :rotfl:

‘Worst so far’: Trump ‘hangs up’ on Australian PM after heated call, report says

In a tense telephone call with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull, President Donald Trump has reportedly accused Canberra of trying to export terrorists to the US, pledging to review a "dumb deal" to take in hundreds of asylum seekers.

As part of the deal agreed by Australia and the Obama administration in November, Washington gave the go-ahead to take in up to 1,250 asylum seekers to Australia held in offshore processing camps on Pacific nations Papua New Guinea and Nauru.

In return, Canberra would resettle refugees from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.

In a tweet on Wednesday night, in which he referred to the asylum seekers as “illegal immigrants,” Trump wrote: “Do you believe it? The Obama Administration agreed to take thousands of illegal immigrants from Australia. Why? I will study this dumb deal.”

Trump had described the Saturday phone call with the leader of Australia, which had been scheduled to last 60 minutes but reportedly took less than half that, as "the worst so far," the Washington Post said, citing unidentified senior US officials briefed on the call.

Trump said he was “going to get killed” politically, accusing Canberra of an attempt to export the “next Boston bombers,” the newspaper said.

According to the Australian Department of Immigration, there are 383 detainees on Nauru and 871 on Manus in northern Papua New Guinea.

In October, Amnesty International accused Australia of turning Nauru into an "open-air prison," saying that the government is subjecting asylum seekers to an “elaborate and cruel system of abuse.”

Turnbull told Trump during their phone conversation that Washington would not have to accept all of the refugees, but only to allow each through the normal vetting procedures. At that, Trump vowed to subject each refugee to “extreme vetting,” the senior US official told the newspaper, adding that the US president did not see a specific advantage America would gain by honoring the deal.

The call only lasted a quarter of an hour, ending with Trump hanging up on Turnbull after the Australian PM attempted to discuss other subjects, such as Syria, the Post reported.

Officials said that the president told the Australian PM that he had spoken with four other world leaders that day – Russian President Vladimir Putin among them – and that “this was the worst call by far.”

The US officials also told the Post that although Trump had been firm in conversations with other state leaders, including Mexico, his treatment of Turnbull stood out because of the special bond between the US and Australia, countries which fought together in wars including in Iraq and Afghanistan and shared intelligence.

Turnbull has declined to shed light on the contents of the call.

"These conversations are conducted candidly, frankly, privately. If you see reports of them, I'm not going to add to them," he told the media in Melbourne, as quoted by Reuters.

The official read-out of Trump’s conversation with Turnbull meanwhile stated that the two leaders had “emphasized the enduring strength and closeness of the US-Australia relationship that is critical for peace, stability, and prosperity in the Asia-Pacific region and globally.”

Before Washington appeared to backtrack on the resettlement deal, Trump’s press secretary, Sean Spicer, said the US would take 1,250 people from the detention centers.

“There will be extreme vetting applied to all of them,” the White House spokesman said on Tuesday. “That is part and parcel of the deal that was made. And it was made by the Obama administration with the full backing of the United States government,” he added.

Last week Trump caused an uproar when he signed an executive order banning citizens of Syria, Iraq, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, Yemen and Iran from entering the US for 90 days.

Rejecting allegations that the step amounted to a “Muslim ban,” Trump said it will only be in place until new security policies are implemented. “To be clear, this is not a Muslim ban, as the media is falsely reporting. This is not about religion – this is about terror and keeping our country safe,” Trump said in a statement on Sunday, adding that there are more than “40 different countries worldwide that are majority Muslim that are not affected by this order.”

“My policy is similar to what President Obama did in 2011 when he banned visas for refugees from Iraq for six months. The seven countries named in the Executive Order are the same countries previously identified by the Obama administration as sources of terror,” he noted.

https://www.rt.com/usa/376050-trump-australia-call-refugees/

16 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Well, the euro is pretty nice and has much more glamour than those old American Presidents.

We have ARCHITECTURE AND ART 

• Classical: €5 banknote;
  • Romanesque: €10 banknote;
  • Gothic: €20 banknote;
  • Renaissance: €50 banknote;
  • Baroque and rococo: €100 banknote;
  • Age of iron and glass: €200 banknote;
  • Modern 20th century architecture: €500 banknote  

it's so long ago i've seen 100 and 200 banknotes ..500 banknote i have never seen

Guest Pud Whacker
27 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Well, as long as you never leave and as long as we all here  love each other, the rest is irrelevant.

I agree! Unfortunately everyone has lost any sense of humor and unless you're on the same side the fence, parroting one another, you're The Enemy. Entertainers and media are pumping this, as well. Save a few. 

It's sad, really. 

My sense of humor is still very much intact, sharper and faster now than ever. For survival alone. 

1 hour ago, Kim said:

And back on topic. Thanks.

Thanks for all the work you do stopping trolling in the politics thread. Appreciate it very much.   There is no time or place for threads praising and excusing extreme right wing racist trolls who thrive on attention.  Freedom of speech is very important but when people use that freedom to willingly promote hateful dangerous ideology,  we can't sit back and accept it.  Then it opens the gates for threads on anything such as an appreciation thread on Holocaust deniers for example.  

Um..every single thing Trump and Bannon do is calculated and sinister. Look at *where and the timing* the Milo troll went to that college. I also find him super vile BUT he does have a right to speak. Like Milo and Trump/Bannon did NOT know there would be this kind of reaction? They're laughing and eating up the hysteria- NOT giving two shits about the people who were frustrated or upset over this. Trump and him crew are the worst kind of thug/bullies we've ever had in office. They feed off taunting, intimidating and pissing people off. Yes people have a right to protest but when youre dealing w/ a troll of this magnitude it only feed him more. When you ignore and don't show up, THAT shuts them up or makes them go away. If fcking CNN etc...didn't show every single one of Trumps circus campaign events and give coverage to him 24/7 in 2015/16 he may have gone away and not been in the oval office now.  

Guest Pud Whacker
1 minute ago, jaron said:

Wow, Neil Gorsuch, was founder of "Fascism Forever Club" at his prep school :blink:

Sounds familiar. 

Guest Pud Whacker

On a positive note, all brown nosing aside, I believe after this election and period in time, people will not remain in a sedative state anymore. After the dust settles, I believe people will form individual thought and based on that, act accordingly. 

I hope so anyway. Remember, it's the sheep that get lead to slaughter. 

Guest Pud Whacker
2 minutes ago, Napoléon said:

The irony that the forums biggest proponent for free speech has so many people on his ignore list. 

Look who's talking "Napoleon"!!! :ass:

i have many eyes and ears on me. And many are evil. Since I don't wrap red yarn around my left wrist while scanning the Zohar, I must protect myself from the evil eye and EXPLODING at their ignorance to, in turn, get reported because they're weaklings who ABHOR THE TRUTH!!

ONWARD!!!!

59 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

Thanks for all the work you do stopping trolling in the politics thread. Appreciate it very much.   There is no time or place for threads praising and excusing extreme right wing racist trolls who thrive on attention.  Freedom of speech is very important but when people use that freedom to willingly promote hateful dangerous ideology,  we can't sit back and accept it.  Then it opens the gates for threads on anything such as an appreciation thread on Holocaust deniers for example.  

:thumbsup: How do you think this "new normal" was allowed to happen in politics and society? Because of the fence sitters, the neutrals, the COMPLICIT, sitting in their ivory towers or on their rickety fence, claiming to have no view on anything. It allows the scum to rise to the top. Even in here, it could easily have happened if the politics section was left to fall to the right wing fringe element. That's why it's always important to make your voice heard, in unison if need be.  

I don't think anyone here in this forum is in defense of right-winged racists.  Don't you think that's a bit harsh?  It would be like, oh...I don't know...let me think...maybe saying that someone supports child moltesters. (Call me crazy...it's the first thing that popped into my head).  Funny, not funny!!!

Yes, fence sitters fucked up the election, but so did people who didn't try to educate themselves and know the facts.  

@Pud Whacker has been a friend of mine since 2001.  I think I know him pretty well enough to say that he's not a racist and he doesn't support them either.

If he's "trolling" around it's only because there are waaaaaaaaay too many high horses in this forum. 

20 hours ago, Hector said:

Sorry about that Hector and thank you for letting me know.

20 hours ago, Kim said:

I fixed it. And yes, this was always on the table, which kinds shows up the ridiculous...."oh look Trump isn't gonna take away the WORKPLACE rights of LGBT people" earlier in this thread like it was something to celebrate or something. Your HUMAN rights will be taken away.

Thank you Kim, appreciated.

I'm so sick and tired of people always pulling the "freedom of speech" card when someone spewing hate is not allowed or is interrupted in doing so. May I remember people why  freedom of speech is actually part of the constitution, it is to protect the people from the government. People shall feel safe to say things that are critical about the government without being afraid to be arrested or killed. Things that governments have done to their own people if they didn't like what people had to say about them and their politics. That's why Freedom of speech exists. Freedom of speech does not mean that Milo Y.  must be allowed to give his speeches wherever he wants to or should be granted a forum. If Berkeley decides to call off this event for whatever reason than this is their right. Milo Y. can not claim his right of freedom of speech to have this event happening. While he is not protected in this particular situation, it could be argued that the protesters actually are, considering Milo Y.'s close relationship to Steve Bannon, who is a member of the current government. Again, the right of freedom of speech exists first and foremost to protect the people from their government. In addition to that "freedom of speech" has its limits. If people think they can say whatever they want, they are on the wrong track. There are things like libel and defamation, threats and yes, certain kinds of hate speech, that may result in investigations and lawsuits. Freedom of speech may be a freedom but like any other freedom it has its limits.

48 minutes ago, WeboGirl said:

I don't think anyone here in this forum is in defense of right-winged racists.  Don't you think that's a bit harsh?  It would be like, oh...I don't know...let me think...maybe saying that someone supports child moltesters. (Call me crazy...it's the first thing that popped into my head).  Funny, not funny!!!

Yes, fence sitters fucked up the election, but so did people who didn't try to educate themselves and know the facts.  

@Pud Whacker has been a friend of mine since 2001.  I think I know him pretty well enough to say that he's not a racist and he doesn't support them either.

If he's "trolling" around it's only because there are waaaaaaaaay too many high horses in this forum. 

He defended milo. A RACIST.

Re: the 'new normal' and this hideous place we're in...yes, as awful as Hillary was/is there was NO reason to not vote for her (sorry even if for just lesser of the evils which is being 1000% confirmed now). Semi educated, non lazy/entitled and informed people knew. With Trump, WHO on fking earth didn't know who and 'what' he is and would be lol.

Most Americans are in a fog, uninformed, lazy and entitled, w/ scary short attention spans...until it's too late. Many either figured she'd win, didn't like her yet were just complacent w/ Trump as much as they hated him. But forgetting u have to *vote against him..not expect other to do it. The fact that Hillary/Dems didn't pound away at the Supreme Court vacancy was imo one of their biggest (out of many) fuck ups. Trump and the Rethugs did 24/7 which greatly helped him. 

Wanna bet the millions of pissed off people protesting now either did NOT bother to vote, voted third party and said F Hillary etc...Yet I'm willing to bet almost 100% wish they DID vote for her now esp younger people who (of course 'woke up' after the fact) barely even knew who was running for office in 2016! :/  They got fixated on the noise and shit/fake news which is what Trump and the Russians provided. They hijacked the media and knew the makeup of a typical Americans brain- better than the GP knows their own lol.  

Reason numero UNO that Milo will NEVER be defendable to a self-respecting gay man:

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/10/24/full-text-trannies-gay-milo/

Never feel bad for mocking a transgender person.  It is our job to point out their absurdity, to not make the problem worse by pretending they are normal. Much like fat-shaming, if our mockery drives them to get the help they need, we may save their life.

FUCK you, Milo.

Throughout history, all great empires have ultimately fallen. The American empire has been declining since the beginning of the century. I think she arrived at the point of fall.