Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Pedro

29 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

I have an education, don't talk to me like that. He has already done things that are grounds for impeachment. I don't think it'll happen because Republicans will refuse to act, but it's not moronic.

Sorry, I wasn't talking to you. I was talking about the name of that group in your post.  Grounds for impeachment, what are the charges?

7 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Well, those rednecks wanted to impeach him because he was black. 

Trump is walking a very fine line with impeachment due to a plethora of issues. It's only a matter of time before something comes out. 

Exactly.  You cannot bring court charges against someone for being black.  

6 hours ago, mnino said:

Alright, the Trumpster has finally done something that no other Republican would have done. I didn't waste time complaining about the pipelines, the funding for abortion, the Obamacare stuff, and all of the other things that ANY Republican president would have signed into action because it would have happened regardless of the person.

However, here is where the Trumpster will find his undoing. You see, he just shot himself and the whole Republican party (if they support him on this) on the foot. NO ONE in their right mind can with good conscience back this across-the-board ban on these 7 countries. 

Is it surprising? Not really. But now he will lose many who were trying to be impartial because he's crossed a line none of his rivals would have crossed. The damage he has inflicted to the Republican party (if the party does not stand up against this policy) will be felt for generations. In the end, I still believe that our institutions are still strong enough to block this from taking full effect as many courts around the country have already demonstrated. 

Here's the silver lining though. His economy-based voters that do not support religious bigotry will start to abandon him. You see, all the people that were lumping all Trump voters as so-called "deplorables" can with more accuracy state that anyone supporting him when it comes to this particular executive order is likely a bigot or grossly misinformed. With this order Trump has narrowed his support base. Fiscal conservatives with moderate to progressive social stances will distance themselves from him. He's cornered himself.  

Will he be impeached soon? Probably not. But he's making himself more and more isolated and eventually the winds will turn... and he'll have no one to turn to.

Still, I have a clear conscience when it comes to not voting for him as I suspected he was capable of doing this kind of thing. And I continue to stand behind my criticism of the media in being a major factor behind this mess. Guess whose profits are up across the board? Yep, the networks are doing great. 

But I won't waste time shaming whoever voted for him because I can understand why one would have done it. And I'm sure a lot of Obama's voters had buyers remorse too. However, as a Trump voter, you have a bigger chance of being heard than all of the Hillary supporters and those that chose to abstain from voting (or voted for a another candidate). So make your voice be heard. NOW is the time to do that. He has at least proven that he will listen to his base. 

:clap::clap::clap:

I feel like people are not well equipped for just how bad it can get.

It's not just about a conservative president pushing his hateful views for four years. He is undermining government institutions. He is testing the waters to see how much he can get away with. CPB officers are ignoring judicial orders, which is beyond illegal. The executive branch is failing to comply with court orders.

Just wait till he sends the National Guard out to stop protesters and there is violence, or if we get attacked by terrorists. The power grab will be insane. The real question is who within the government is willing to stand up to him. I hope someone is or we're fucked.

11 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

He hasn't divested from any of his businesses. He has debt with foreign banks and does business with foreign and domestic companies. That alone disqualifies him.

Don't get wrong.  I'd love to rid of the son-of-a-bitch, but he's already made arrangements to be in compliance with this foreign companies.  

Like I said before, we'll have to shoot the fucker. 

6 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

It's not just about a conservative president pushing his hateful views for four years. He is undermining government institutions. He is testing the waters to see how much he can get away with. CPB officers are ignoring judicial orders, which is beyond illegal. The executive branch is failing to comply with court orders.

Just wait till he sends the National Guard out to stop protesters and there is violence, or if we get attacked by terrorists. The power grab will be insane. The real question is who within the government is willing to stand up to him. I hope someone is or we're fucked.

This is what concerns me the most. And it's not far off. We're truly at a time where social norms and common decency have completely gone out the window. This nation is its boiling point. 

11 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

Exactly, this scares me too. 

I've come to a point where I don't know what to think anymore.. How on Heaven and earth this pathetic excuse of a man can get away with all of this? The fact he's not even considering the thousands of people protesting and demonstrating. And he thinks he's doing a good job.. is he crazy? He needs a mental health evaluation asap. 

So let me get this straight... obviously Trump is working for his voters. I get it.. He promised those things and those people at his rallies were cheering him on and shouting USA USA! Does he truly believe those people represent America in 2017? Why no one of his supporters/voters is speaking out? Maybe he will listen to them as @mninowas pointing out. Or maybe his supporters are really alla bunch of racists and bigots and agree with each and one of his policies. Truly I'm ashamed to be human. :( 

Theresa May will have Trump in the U.K. No doubt about it.. unless they do a referendum and then the parliament will decide. Yes our UK prime minister is so spineless she can't make up her own mind on nothing. She's willing to appease this monster to keep the oh so special relationship alive. Little she knows that the only relationship Trump wants internationally is with Russia and maybe Saudi Arabia. 

But by all means let him come and I ll join the hundreds of thousands who will be protesting him. I can't wait for my trip to London this July actually... :republican:

7 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

This is what concerns me the most. And it's not far off. We're truly at a time where social norms and common decency have completely gone out the window. This nation is its boiling point. 

True but wonderful to see so many galvanised now to fight what is happening.  People are not laying down and just accepting things.  

26 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

True but wonderful to see so many galvanised now to fight what is happening.  People are not laying down and just accepting things.  

But there's so many others who are very quiet and condemn these protests. That's the real issue here. And I think it's mainly because some people truly stand by this monster the US has chosen for president.

i was at work today and I was ranting about Trump and how appalling these policies against Muslims are. My supervisor came over and told me to be quite because some people might be offended. Straight away I looked around and I asked who? In my mind no one with a brain and a heart at this point could agree with Mr Trump but yes there are people who really really quietly support his nonsense. Then during my break a member of staff came up to me and said "such and such was bitching about you saying stuff like "He's not even Muslim. Why is he ranting so much about Trump and what he's doing to those Muslims?"  So I get it... we are supposed to be quite and get on with it because it's not affecting us. Jus like the German people with the Jews basically. The funny thing is my manager who is somewhat a proud Brexitter and very unbiased about Trump is a lesbian so I can't wait to ask what she really thinks about Trump when he's going to implement policies discriminating the LGBT community. That's going to be a very good discussion. 

"Don't Do To Others What You Wouldn't Want Them To Do To You."And we are supposed to be Cristians, Mr President? 

2 hours ago, WeboGirl said:

Remember all those rednecks who had bumper stickers on their trucks that said "Impeach Obama"? 

Well, the saying "Impeach Trump" is just as moronic. 

Please please please, people, get an education. 

Sexual assault is (still) grounds for impeachment.

6 minutes ago, MadFan said:

Sexual assault is (still) grounds for impeachment. What did Obama do to be impeached?

What are you talking about???  There have been no federal sexual assault charges filed against Trump.

Obama was not impeached, Bill Clinton was. 

2 minutes ago, WeboGirl said:

What are you talking about???  There have been no federal sexual assault charges filed against Trump.

Obama was not impeached, Clinton was. 

There haven't yet, but there's certainly been growing misconduct allegations. Where that goes we'll see, but if there are charges that will be grounds for impeachment. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_sexual_misconduct_allegations

And would be a different story than Obama, who rednecks wanted to impeach because he was black basically.

I know Obama wasn't impeached.

3 hours ago, MadFan said:

There haven't yet, but there's certainly been growing misconduct allegations. Where that goes we'll see, but if there are charges that will be grounds for impeachment. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_sexual_misconduct_allegations

And would be a different story than Obama, who rednecks wanted to impeach because he was black basically.

I know Obama wasn't impeached.

There has to be a formal vote in the House of Representatives...Repulblican owned.  Impeachment process will end right there.  The Rebublicans will not vote for formal impeachment hearings. 

However, if they do...

Then, a hearing and trial has to be commenced in the Senate...Republican owned.

Then, the Supreme Court has to make a ruling.  If acquitted (in Bill Clinton's case) Impeachement trial stops.

If convicted...

Then, the Senate has to have a two thirds majority vote to remove him from office.

Perhaps impeachment proceedings could begin on him, but he will never be removed from office.  Not with the House and Senate both being controlled by the Republicans. 

Donald Trump sacks the acting US attorney general after she questions the legality of his immigration ban

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38805944

:megamanson: It really is FULL STEAM AHEAD isn't it? We should have a public book burning by week three at the latest.

How are the Log Cabin skunks and other mental midget gheys feeling now about the most 'friendly LGBTQ president ever' lmao. Not even day fking ELEVEN! 

19 minutes ago, MadFan said:

Donald Trump sacks the acting US attorney general after she questions the legality of his immigration ban

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38805944

:megamanson: It really is FULL STEAM AHEAD isn't it? We should have a public book burning by week three at the latest.

Again not even the 11th day. Forget about trying to 'deal' with him for 4 years, hopes of impeachment, etc etc...The whole world is smoked unless theres this UNIFIED resistance and action in every branch of government asap in Congress to exterminate this administration.The Republicans WON the f'king election. No one is disputing that but NO one wants this orange pariah. Get crafty GOP. They do NOT want this 24/7 fungus and could get 'crafty' to make everyone happy if they really want!  

5 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Again not even the 11th day. Forget about trying to 'deal' with him for 4 years, hopes of impeachment, etc etc...The whole world is smoked unless theres this UNIFIED resistance and action in every branch of government asap in Congress to exterminate this administration.The Republicans WON the f'king election. No one is disputing that but NO one wants this orange pariah. Get crafty GOP. They do NOT want this 24/7 fungus and could get 'crafty' to make everyone happy if they really want!  

I can't imagine republicans will want to deal with this for 4 years. Or maybe they will. Maybe they can tune things out long enough to get bills passed. Such a wretched situation we're all in right now. The tension out there is just palpable everywhere you go. It's truly frightening. 

19 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

I can't imagine republicans will want to deal with this for 4 years. Or maybe they will. Maybe they can tune things out long enough to get bills passed. Such a wretched situation we're all in right now. The tension out there is just palpable everywhere you go. It's truly frightening. 

Yes, they will.  Ted Cruz called Trump a liar six months before the election.  Then the fucker endorsed him. 

Republicans have no conscience or morality.  They never have and they never will.