Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Pedro

Airport is very tense today. Flying home from Mexico with a layover in Houston -- they didn't transfer our baggage (which always happens) but instead made us take and recheck it. Very detailed customs, got asked about 15 questions, a patdown on top of the scanner, & constant announcements to expect delays due to "enhanced security procedures."

Pakistani lady in front of me was grilled.

Not a good vibe.

34 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

Have seen documentaries about Jewish refugees escaping Hitler that were turned away and sent back.  We know what their fate was.  Breaks my heart every time.   This is a fact from history that we can't ignore but the World is ignoring.   Happening again before our very eyes with refugees today. 

2 hours ago, Love Spent said:

I for one don't see how this temporary restriction will make the US much better off.

I thought the same thing a few years ago when a relative in my extended family had some serious visa trouble and wasn't allowed into the US because he'd visited Iraq for two months. Anyway..

When I saw this huge cry out about the Trump admin has done it jogged my memory so I looked it up.

Obama signed the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act as part of an omnibus spending bill. The legislation restricted access to the Visa Waiver Program, which allows citizens from 38 countries who are visiting the United States for less than 90 days to enter without a visa.

In February 2016, the Obama administration added Libya, Somali and Yemen to the list of countries one could not have visited — but allowed dual citizens of those countries who had not traveled there access to the Visa Waiver Program. Dual citizens of Syria, Sudan, Iraq and Iran are still ineligible, however.

So…wait. Trump signed an executive order enforcing an Obama policy?

There's a huge difference between a visa waiver program and THIS. Just as the article that the other Trump apologist linked to yesterday said... the fact that it's the same list of countries (SO FAR) would be used to try and say it was an old policy. It isn't. Do you people even SEE what's going on in front of your eyes? 

2 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

Christians? Trump and his minions shouldn't be allowed to say the word Christians. Jesus must be so disappointed in him. Theres nothing Christian about Trump and his policies. They're the anti Christ! Trump & his supporters and ISIS are the two sides of the same coin called evil.

What you're saying fits so well Obama

syria-161-1.jpg

4 minutes ago, spazz said:

What you're saying fits so well Obama

syria-161-1.jpg

I'm wondering how your country or Middle East in general feels about Trump actually. We got the idea about Obama, Spazz. No need to remind us with each and one of your posts. It's getting boring and quite annoying to be honest with you. 

22 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

I'm wondering how your country or Middle East in general feels about Trump actually. We got the idea about Obama, Spazz. No need to remind us with each and one of your posts. It's getting boring and quite annoying to be honest with you. 

Seriously posts about trump being racist , misogynistic , sexist and bla bla are getting boring too. I dont think at all he's misogynistic , he loves women so much and thats what my old school friend who lives in USA now has told me.I called him last night reading this thread.

He thinks Trump will fix what Obama damaged like making the US a haven for islamists and Obamacare and the insurance system & taxes that take money from hard workers to spend it on lazy ppl who breed like rabbits to take more money on each kid.

1 minute ago, spazz said:

Seriously posts about trump being racist , misogynistic , sexist and bla bla are getting boring too. I dont think at all he's misogynistic , he loves women so much and thats what my old school friend who lives in USA told me.I called him last night reading this thread.

He thinks Trump will fix what Obama damaged like making the US a haven for islamists and Obamacare and the insurance system & taxes that take money from hard workers to spend it on lazy ppl who breed like rabbits to take more money on each kid.

He loves women but he just called Madonna disgusting and went off on Meryl Streep for having an opinion. He loves women but he said he would grab a woman by the pussy. He loves women but he's stopping funding on abortions and birth control.

jesus

17 minutes ago, spazz said:

Seriously posts about trump being racist , misogynistic , sexist and bla bla are getting boring too. I dont think at all he's misogynistic , he loves women so much and thats what my old school friend who lives in USA now has told me.I called him last night reading this thread.

You're starting to be trolling here Spazz. Of course Trump is a good president if you're male, white, well to do and have a gun in your cupboard. Banning all those people has got nothing to do with national security whatsoever. It was just another way for him to show his "forgotten American people" that he's in charge now and he's "changing things". Yes it's overall a deliberate calculating move to cause havoc in the Muslim American community and in the process pleasing his racist voters. There I said it. Kill me :fuckoff:

3 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

You're starting to be trolling here Spazz. Of course Trump is a good president if you're white and well to do. Banning those people has got nothing to do with national security whatsoever. It was just another way for him to show his "forgotten American people" that he's in charge and he's changing things. Yes it's overall a deliberate calculating move to please his racist voters. There I said it. Kill me :fuckoff:

When you don't like what im saying u call me trolling.

if the millions who voted for him are racist then the USA needs a revolution :thumbsup: good luck

19 minutes ago, spazz said:

Seriously?? YES he loves women in the sense that he likes to fuck attractive women. So, yeah he loves women. Does he respect women though....and I don't mean his wife, daughter, I mean WOMEN as a whole?? NO....that's evident. I don't understand being willingly blind.

US has been a haven for terrorists of all kinds for years now.....no, that's not Obama's fault. Everybody has the right to healthcare. I'm certainly nowhere near the 1% but even I don't mind giving extra if it helps those that are less fortunate. People tend to forget about the UNITED States Of part when discussing America. There are bad seeds in every situation but the majority on Obamacare don't fit that profile. The 1% that actually bitch about this pettiness can fuck off. 

Trump has done NOTHING helpful for us or the world since he's been in office. He's only making it more and more turbulent and anxious. If you can't see that, then I'm sorry. You will though.....we all will if it continues as it's started this past week.

7 minutes ago, spazz said:

When you don't like what im saying u call me trolling.

if the millions who voted for him are racist then the USA needs a revolution :thumbsup: good luck

Trolls Will Be Trolls. You need to open your mind a little bit more.. certainly you need to open your heart.

Not all Muslims are terrorists for fucks sake. When are people ever going to learn that? I wanna see if it was you detained at the airport not being able to see your family or loved ones and basically sent back to a country where you might even be going to get killed and only because you're not an American national or you're Muslim. And by the way Christians have been turned away as well... you're so heartless Spazz.  :hand:

1 minute ago, MeakMaker said:

Trolls Will Be Trolls. You need to open your mind a little bit more.. certainly you need to open your heart.

Not all Muslims are terrorists for fucks sake. When are people ever going to learn that? I wanna see if it was you detained at the airport not being able to see your family or loved ones and basically sent back to a country where you might even going to get killed and only because you're not an American national or you're Muslim. And by the way Christians have been turned away as well... you're so heartless Spazz.  :hand:

You're exaggerating 

I never said muslims are terrorists. We are living side by side in every house, I need to go back to the old threads i made back in 2011/2012 criticizing the US intervention balantly into our elections , i will find it & send it to you. 

6 minutes ago, spazz said:

You're exaggerating 

I never said muslims are terrorists. We are living side by side in every house, I need to go back to the old threads i made back in 2011/2012 criticizing the US intervention balantly into our elections , i will find it & send it to you. 

You're the one defending Trump.. so don't even try to say I'm exaggerating and sorry for you but I'm not going to remember all the posts here but it does seem like you have a lot to say about Obama and little about Trump. No point in getting all defensive if people are calling you out on that. If you like Trump and his policies it's fine Spazz I'm not going to hate you for that and you might even have your own reasons but I will not stand by it. I will never accept Trump and his mentality. 

9 minutes ago, spazz said:

You're exaggerating 

Please read this:

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2017/01/politics/immigration-ban-stories/

Seriously, is that the only defense people have? Deflect back to Clinton and Obama as if their mistakes somehow validate Trump's?

Jesus Christ, pull your damn heads out of the sand.

39 minutes ago, spazz said:

Seriously posts about trump being racist , misogynistic , sexist and bla bla are getting boring too. I dont think at all he's misogynistic , he loves women so much and thats what my old school friend who lives in USA now has told me.

FB_IMG_1485034503900.jpg

49 minutes ago, drunkbysix said:

Why do trump supporters have to rebuttal with things Obama done every time trump does something horrible? Are we 12 or something around here? Jesus

It's selective reasoning - defer to the past so you can validate or neutralize what's going on in the present. Of course every supporter of a new president does it, but now it's just pathetic. These are the same people, ironically, who all said we had our heads up our ass about Hillary.

035ostrich_468x538.jpg

6 minutes ago, svperstar said:

Seriously, is that the only defense people have? Deflect back to Clinton and Obama as if their mistakes somehow validate Trump's?

Jesus Christ, pull your damn heads out of the sand.

Advocates of Personal Responsibility™ but never responsible for anything under any circumstances.