Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Pedro

Guest Pud Whacker
3 minutes ago, Lucky Star One said:

Could Pud be on the troll payroll of Trump? He's got all the "talking points."

i wish on was on some rich fuckers payroll!!! :rotfl:

im simply a spectator, i read, i look, i listen.  you cant see the forest from the trees. 

i understand everyone needs someone to blame and @Sloane was run out of town.

raw

I fought bigger monsters in Hollywood.

and thats the truth.  :lol:

1 minute ago, Pud Whacker said:

im simply a spectator, i read, i look, i listen.  you cant see the forest from the trees. 

:lmao::inlove: stay strong suga! xo lol 

3 minutes ago, Pud Whacker said:

I can see Milo running for his worthless life from scary liberals, you dumb cunt.:lmao:

Guest Pud Whacker
3 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

:lmao::inlove: stay strong suga! xo lol 

nothing has EVER crushed me.  ever.  and its been a long ride!

so, certainly not angry madonna fans gone 'political'.  theyre the easy ones. 

9 minutes ago, Pud Whacker said:

i understand everyone needs someone to blame and @Sloane was run out of town.

raw

I fought bigger monsters in Hollywood.

and thats the truth.  :lol:

What? Sloane was banned? Why? :wacko:

32 minutes ago, Nessie said:

No she wasn't.

Would YOU show your face in public if you voted for that Psycho?

But really, he's just dragging someone else into his argument...as usual.

Guest Pud Whacker
Just now, Nessie said:

i dont know that sloane was banned but shes not here and logic tells me that shes so damn picked on for her CHOICE, that who the fuck wants to be put through that everyday? you have to be a masochist.  and i am.  but above that, im a sadist.  :lol:

ive been called a vile racist by moderator. only to have the thread locked so i couldnt reply.  if that isnt a Trump, i dont know what is!!!

people have told me that theyre absolutely disgusted with me because i find humor in milo. 

ive let everyone down, theyve expected more from me.  has my account been hacked because how can you speak like that? i mean it is unbelievable in here.  you CAN NOT have an opinion that differs.  or if you do - YOU HAVE TO BE STRONG!

every thread i start is deleted, locked and abused by, well, he knows who he is. 

30 minutes ago, Kim said:

No she wasn't.

Would YOU show your face in public if you voted for that Psycho?

But really, he's just dragging someone else into his argument...as usual.

Oh i see. Too bad then. Maybe when things comes down a bit here she may be back around. I enjoy reading everyone's point of view, even if i don't agree with them. This is what a board is supposed to be anyway.

Just now, Nessie said:

Oh i see. Too bad then. Maybe when things comd down a bit here she may be back around. I enjoy reading everyone's point of view, even if i don't agree with them. This is what a board is supposed to be anyway.

No one has a problem with Sloane or anyone else who wants to give their opinion or point of view. TROLLS get dealt with though.

Guest Pud Whacker
2 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Oh i see. Too bad then. Maybe when things comes down a bit here she may be back around. I enjoy reading everyone's point of view, even if i don't agree with them. This is what a board is supposed to be anyway.

its supposed to be but its not.

me too.  and i hope so.  i love @Sloane

NO NO NO!!! i made a mistake.  i was speaking more of her absence. 

i guess look at kims remark.  its brutal here.  you have to be very strong.  and she is very strong, but who knows what else is going on in her life. 

strong like you putting everybody you disagree with on ignore? :lmao:

thank god Kim is seeing through you like my grandma's knickers :thumbsup:

i dont know that sloane was banned but shes not here and logic tells me that shes so damn picked on for her CHOICE, that who the fuck wants to be put through that everyday? you have to be a masochist.  and i am.  but above that, im a sadist.  :lol:

ive been called a vile racist by moderator. only to have the thread locked so i couldnt reply.  if that isnt a Trump, i dont know what is!!!

people have told me that theyre absolutely disgusted with me because i find humor in milo. 

ive let everyone down, theyve expected more from me.  has my account been hacked because how can you speak like that? i mean it is unbelievable in here.  you CAN NOT have an opinion that differs.  or if you do - YOU HAVE TO BE STRONG!

every thread i start is deleted, locked and abused by, well, he knows who he is. 

You're still here are you not? Your trolling threads will not be tolerated, no. Finally after MULTIPLE REQUESTS to reign your bullshit in, from ALL THE MODERATORS you're now being dealt with. So deal with it. Or just go back to the Madonna section and continue slagging her off to get ANOTHER reaction under the guise of "free speech".

Guest Pud Whacker
13 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

strong like you putting everybody you disagree with on ignore? :lmao:

thank god Kim is seeing through you like my grandma's knickers :thumbsup:

No. Strong as in taking attacks on every post.  I'm not a martyr or anything I don't care I can handle myself . Xo

12 minutes ago, Pud Whacker said:

No. Strong as in taking attacks on every post.  I'm not a martyr or anything I don't care I can handle myself . Xo

I'm not sure what's been going on (the usual love fest it seems :iloveyou:) but I appreciate you Pud Whacker! :asian:

Of all the Trump voters or supporters here, the one that imo usually voices her opinion eloquently is @rebelvvv. I completely disagree with her political stance, probably I will never agree with her on this topic but at least she gives clear thoughts on why she voted for Trump, on why the democrats failed in her opinion. Shameful that she was ganged upon by some bullies on a recent Trump thread and the womensmarch one.

Anyway, back to the train wreck:

Trump Moves to Roll Back Obama-Era Financial Regulations

President Trump on Friday moved to roll back the Obama administration’s legacy on financial regulation, announcing a series of steps to revisit the rules enacted after the 2008 financial crisis while taking policy advice from the Wall Street titans he had demonized during his campaign.

After a White House meeting with the executives, Mr. Trump signed a directive calling for his administration to identify potential changes to provisions of the Dodd-Frank Act, crafted by the Obama administration and passed by Congress in response to the 2008 meltdown. A second directive he signed is expected to temporarily halt and eventually overhaul an Obama-era Labor Department rule that requires brokers to act in a client’s best interest, rather than seek the highest profits for themselves, when providing retirement advice.

Taken together, the actions constitute a broad effort to loosen regulations on banks and other major financial companies, put into motion by a president who campaigned as a champion of working Americans and a critic of Wall Street elites. On Friday, Mr. Trump said his actions were intended to help both Wall Street and workers as his administration eases constraints on banks and enables them to lend to companies, which could then hire more workers.

“We expect to be cutting a lot out of Dodd-Frank because frankly, I have so many people, friends of mine that had nice businesses, they can’t borrow money,” Mr. Trump said in the State Dining Room during his meeting with business leaders. “They just can’t get any money because the banks just won’t let them borrow it because of the rules and regulations in Dodd-Frank.”

The executive order impacting Dodd-Frank is vague in its wording and broad in its reach; it never mentions the Dodd-Frank law, instead laying out “core principles” for regulating the financial system, including empowering American investors and enhancing the competitiveness of American companies. But it amounts to a broad grant of authority to the Treasury Department to find ways of restructuring major provisions of Dodd-Frank, directing the secretary to conduct a sweeping review of existing laws and make sure they align with the administration’s goals.

Mr. Trump’s action on the fiduciary rule will have a more immediate impact. His memorandum directs the Department of Labor to delay for at least 180 days implementing the parts of the regulation that are not yet in effect, and to review whether it may “adversely affect” investors’ ability to access financial advice. Ultimately, he authorized the labor department to rescind or revise the rule.

As he announced his goals on financial deregulation, Mr. Trump sat beside Stephen A. Schwarzman, the chief executive of the private equity giant the Blackstone Group and the chairman of his business council, who said the panel would “advise the government on the areas where we could do things a lot better in our country, for all Americans.”

The president had praise for Jamie Dimon, whose bank, JPMorgan Chase, was often a target of regulatory actions by the Obama administration.

“There’s nobody better to tell me about Dodd-Frank than Jamie, so you’re going to tell me about it,” Mr. Trump said.

The meeting underscored the degree to which the architects of Mr. Trump’s economic strategy are now some of the people he denounced in his campaign, which ended with a commercial that described “a global power structure that is responsible for the economic decisions that have robbed our working class, stripped our country of its wealth and put that money into the pockets of a handful of large corporations.”

The advertisement included an image of the chief executive of Goldman Sachs, which has become a virtual feeder for top Trump administration officials. Steven Mnuchin, his nominee for Treasury secretary, is a former Goldman Sachs trader and a hedge fund manager. Gary Cohn, the chairman of his national economic council, was Goldman’s No. 2 executive, and Stephen K. Bannon, Mr. Trump’s chief strategist, is a former Goldman banker.

The president’s actions came just hours after congressional Republicans voted to repeal an unrelated Dodd-Frank rule, a sign that Mr. Trump will have the support he needs on Capitol Hill to upend a law he has called “a disaster,” and promised to do “a big number” to reshape.

While the president cannot unwind Dodd-Frank with the stroke of a pen, his orders set the tone for the regulatory agencies enforcing the rules, including the Securities and Exchange Commission. And the orders, which Democrats and consumer groups immediately denounced as gifts to the Wall Street companies that ignited the 2008 crisis, could portend even more executive actions that direct the regulators to halt financial regulation.

The actions are the latest sign that Mr. Trump, despite striking a populist tone during the campaign, is working to accommodate Wall Street and other corporations.

“The administration apparently plans to turn over financial regulation to Wall Street titan Goldman Sachs, and make it easier for them and other big banks like Wells Fargo to steal from their customers and destabilize the economy,” said Lisa Donner, executive director of Americans for Financial Reform, an advocacy group that supports Dodd-Frank. “That betrays the promises Trump made to stand up to Wall Street, and it will have dire consequences if he’s successful.”

The president’s deference to the visiting executives — he also heaped praise on Laurence D. Fink, the head of the investment firm BlackRock, for managing money for the Trumps and earning “great returns” — sharply contrasts with his predecessor. President Barack Obama once remarked that “I did not run for office to be helping out a bunch of fat cat bankers on Wall Street.”

Following the new president’s lead, congressional Republicans on Friday started chipping away at Dodd-Frank, one of Mr. Obama’s signature achievements. The Republicans used an unusual parliamentary procedure to repeal a rule that stems from the law with only a majority of votes rather than the 60 votes needed to overcome a filibuster.

The Senate voted 52 to 47 to void the rule, which requires oil companies to publicly disclose payments they make to governments when developing resources around the world. The rule, which Dodd-Frank assigned to the Securities and Exchange Commission to enforce, was tangential to Dodd-Frank’s mission of reforming Wall Street, but lawmakers included it anyway with the hope of exposing bribes and corruption.

Some of the largest American oil companies objected to the S.E.C. rule, including Exxon Mobil, arguing that it put them at a competitive disadvantage with foreign companies. Rex W. Tillerson, Mr. Trump’s secretary of state, personally lobbied against it when he was the top executive of Exxon Mobil, according to public accounts.

“Big Oil might have won the battle today, but I’m not done fighting the war against entrenched corruption that harms the American people’s interests and leaves the world’s poor trapped in a vicious cycle of poverty while their leaders prosper,” said Senator Benjamin L. Cardin of Maryland, the top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, who along with former Senator Richard Lugar, a Republican, sponsored the amendment in Dodd-Frank requiring the S.E.C. to write the oil disclosure rule.

Friday’s Senate vote, which came after the House voted to repeal the rule, was the congressional Republicans’ opening salvo on Dodd-Frank. As long as President Obama was in power, Republicans had limited ability to attack Dodd-Frank, which was enacted in 2010. In 2014, they managed to gut a financial derivatives rule as part of broader spending bill, but other tweaks have been relatively modest.

Now emboldened, House Republicans are also moving legislation to “repeal and replace” Dodd-Frank, though they would need 60 votes to accomplish that. And they are considering potential ways to use the budget process to defund some aspects of the law, all of which comes on top of the president’s executive actions.

Wall Street is expected to lobby Mr. Trump’s financial regulators, at the S.E.C. and elsewhere, to modify rules and enforce them lightly. This effort could drag on for years.

President Trump, however, wasted no time declaring war on Dodd-Frank. After calling the law “a disaster” on Monday, the president on Friday signed the directive instructing the Treasury Department and financial regulators to construct plans to revise Dodd-Frank. An order like that could empower the regulators to tweak the rules.

But there is a limit to what the regulators can do. Dodd-Frank is still the law, and it requires the regulators to enforce hundreds of Dodd-Frank rules. Under administrative law, the regulators must also formally propose any new rules and seek public comment.

The Trump administration may have an easier time voiding the Obama-era Labor Department rule requiring brokers to act in a client’s best interest when providing retirement advice. That rule is not explicitly part of Dodd-Frank.

“President Trump’s action will make it harder for American savers to keep more of what they earn,” Senator Sherrod Brown, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Banking Committee, said in a statement. “Families who are struggling to save and invest for a secure retirement now have to worry that financial institutions aren’t putting their customers’ interest first.”

With the oil company disclosure rule, Republicans started smaller, using an obscure law to undo it.

Under the Congressional Review Act of 1996, Congress has at least 60 days to introduce legislation disapproving major new regulations — and can ultimately repeal these regulations with only 51 Senate votes, rather than the normal 60 needed to overcome a filibuster.

The Congressional Review Act offers Republicans a narrow window to act on a dozen or so Dodd-Frank rules that were recently completed. Republicans may target a financial derivatives rule adopted last year by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, a Consumer Financial Protection Bureau rule for prepaid debit cards and a rule approved by banking regulators that imposed capital requirements for banks that trade derivatives.

Until now, this tactic has led to a repeal measure being signed into law only once, in 2001, when Republicans and President George W. Bush wiped out workplace safety regulations adopted near the end of President Bill Clinton’s administration.

The Congressional Research Service has determined that rules sent to Congress on or after June 13 of last year are vulnerable to repeal under the Congressional Review Act. The S.E.C. rule just missed that cutoff; it became final on June 27, making it fair game for Republicans to repeal, over the objections of antipoverty groups like Oxfam and the One Campaign, co-founded by Bono, the lead singer of U2.

“If President Trump is serious about his promise to ‘drain the swamp’ and protect American security, he will veto this dangerous bill immediately,” Isabel Munilla, an Oxfam official, said in a statement.

The president is expected to sign the bill.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/03/business/dealbook/trump-congress-financial-regulations.html

Guest Pud Whacker
22 minutes ago, billiejean said:

I'm not sure what's been going on (the usual love fest it seems :iloveyou:) but I appreciate you Pud Whacker! :asian:

I love you too Billie Jean even though you ain't my lover!!! :lol:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/kellyanne-conway-taunts-chelsea-clinton-november-election-article-1.2963697

Kellyanne Conway taunts Chelsea Clinton about November election

BY  LARRY MCSHANE 

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Friday, February 3, 2017, 3:32 PM

1zfhs3s.jpg

The sore winners in the White House are still looking for the high road.

Top Trump administration aide Kellyanne Conway, under fire for citing a bogus 2011 “massacre” in Kentucky, took a break from defending herself to taunt Hillary Clinton’s daughter about the November election.

“@ChelseaClinton & others, you can't ‘invent’ quality candidates either,” Conway tweeted Friday morning. “I misspoke; you lost the election.”

The GOP mean girl’s sniping came in response to Chelsea Clinton’s tweeted reaction to Conway’s Thursday night comment about the “Bowling Green Massacre” of 2011.

Sound unfamiliar? It should — there was no such event.

Conway explained Friday via Twitter that she was referring to the two “Bowling Green terrorists” arrested in 2011 for plotting to provide weapons and cash to al-Qaeda terrorist overseas.

The nationally-televised misstep on MSNBC’s “Hardball with Chris Matthews” became a coast to coast punchline, with the former First Daughter weighing in via Twitter.

“Very grateful no one seriously hurt in ... the (completely fake) Bowling Green Massacre,” Clinton tweeted. “Please don't make up attacks.”

Conway, before firing back at Clinton, had noted that “honest mistakes abound” and suggested reacting to such cases with “class, grace, deep breath.”

2 hours ago, jaron said:

Where did Trump find this horse-faced Kellyalien ???

I got scared when I see her or even hear her voice :nervous:

Yes! I feel the same way. Pulsates god awful evil energy. She's horrid AND a horse/ donkey faced creepy EVIL comic book c*nt w / a severe droopy, lazy or whatever eye! Must be all the b-shit she spouts out spritzing back in her face esp that eye (karma) lol

1 hour ago, Hector said:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/kellyanne-conway-taunts-chelsea-clinton-november-election-article-1.2963697

Kellyanne Conway taunts Chelsea Clinton about November election

BY  LARRY MCSHANE 

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Friday, February 3, 2017, 3:32 PM

1zfhs3s.jpg

The sore winners in the White House are still looking for the high road.

Top Trump administration aide Kellyanne Conway, under fire for citing a bogus 2011 “massacre” in Kentucky, took a break from defending herself to taunt Hillary Clinton’s daughter about the November election.

“@ChelseaClinton & others, you can't ‘invent’ quality candidates either,” Conway tweeted Friday morning. “I misspoke; you lost the election.”

The GOP mean girl’s sniping came in response to Chelsea Clinton’s tweeted reaction to Conway’s Thursday night comment about the “Bowling Green Massacre” of 2011.

Sound unfamiliar? It should — there was no such event.

Conway explained Friday via Twitter that she was referring to the two “Bowling Green terrorists” arrested in 2011 for plotting to provide weapons and cash to al-Qaeda terrorist overseas.

The nationally-televised misstep on MSNBC’s “Hardball with Chris Matthews” became a coast to coast punchline, with the former First Daughter weighing in via Twitter.

“Very grateful no one seriously hurt in ... the (completely fake) Bowling Green Massacre,” Clinton tweeted. “Please don't make up attacks.”

Conway, before firing back at Clinton, had noted that “honest mistakes abound” and suggested reacting to such cases with “class, grace, deep breath.”

:lmao::dead:EVERYthing she lacks! That said, um..Chelsea really should've known better (as right as she is) to step into the sewer w/ Conway who hangs/trolls the sewer 24/7. 

Tonight

BREAKING: A federal judge in Washington state on Friday temporarily blocked President Donald Trump's executive order that put a hold on entry to the U.S. of people from seven predominantly Muslim nations: "No one is above the law -- not even the President."

http://on.msnbc.com/2kyrA9W

Wow i've been through pages and pages of people "yelling" at each others. We need to find common ground here. There's so much anger all around the world, what is happening in the US is happening everywhere. The left is imploding so is the right.

We are in the aftermath of the 2008 economic crisis, subprimes and finance are the enemy, not each others, we are all suffering from the very few who made tons of money by sending the world into an economic crisis AND they made money out of it as well. Politicians are just puppets, we point at each other's differences of colours, sexual orientations, political views, religions...this is just distracting us from the real enemy. And Trump plays this game even more than the ones who preceded him (who are no saints either regarding their ties to the world of finance). While we fight each others, they count their money. If we could all direct our anger towards our common enemy instead f each thers we wuld stand a fighting chance. The future is not looking bright, can we agree on this ? 

I said this once and i'm saying it again, we are just sharing opinions here, no one is sharing the truth, it's our truth. We will never totally agree on anything but we can share our opinions without trying to win sme sort of argument, it's not a competition, there's nothing to win here. 

If any of us knew the truth he or she would not have his/her place here on a Madonna forum but in an administration.

We're just having a discussion on a Madonna forum. It's not about any of us. 

I like to read this forum, especially points of view that are different than mine, from people in other geopolitical positions than me, it gives me perspective but lately it's not a discussion, it's not about sharing rather about winning some argument. It's hard to read through that because any valid point or idea gets lost in the anger or ego of the poster.

It makes what started as a discussion a huge sterile mess.

they're really using fear to push their agenda. and it's all catered to the same group of people. from le pen to trump, they all do it the same way, blame the same people. as if all problems are suddenly going to go away when they can get rid of "outsiders". this sounds naive and way too idealistic but I really think communication is the only way to open people's minds. it has to come from both sides. it's still all too black and white for now.

and the left isn't helping either with their overly PC attitude toward trivial stuff. the things I've seen on MTV right now are not helping at all. we're all human and should treat each other the same way, not talk down to anyone or use guilt.

when it comes to politics I think Bernie did something good by going into a room with trump fans and just talking to them, without trying to push his beliefs onto them or talking like a politician.