Anne

Congratulations Madonna! She's adopting Malawi twin girls

397 posts in this topic

Madonna and Angelina Jolie to move in together to raise all their adopted children 

6 hours ago, Kim said:

Yeah but what I don't get is that she posted that instagram pic of the girls with Lola, what? a year ago or something? and gave their names in the post, so she named them (or changed their names) before she even knew she could adopt them? Or she just had those names in mind? 

Either way, I know she's a huge fan of The Fall (and the character Stella) and as you say, Esther was her Hebrew name. so it all makes sense.

She knew them since they were born I guess. If she applied two years ago, the thought must have happened before that, so maybe she didn't changed their names but she might have been the source of inspiration for them. 

Didn't know about the Stella name, I love Gillian Anderson in The Fall and in everything! 

I have always wondered if Mercy had some kind of special education like learning English to make her transition to her family a lot easier. We know that David only spoke Chichewa when he got to the USA. Seems logical they would have done something with Stella and Esther... 

Madonna arrives home with her newly adopted twins from Malawi who are welcomed to NYC with their first blizzard 

• Madonna arrived back in New York City with her twin daughters Stelle and Estere on Thursday 
  • The pop star, 58, adopted the four-year-old girls from Malawi 
  • The group flew back to the United States on a private jet overnight 
  • DailyMail.com learned that Madonna began the adoption process two years ago
  • Madonna previously adopted son David Banda and daughter Mercy James from Malawi 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4209616/Madonna-arrives-home-newly-adopted-Malawi-twins.html#ixzz4YGCCUvqQ 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4209616/Madonna-arrives-home-newly-adopted-Malawi-twins.html

How exciting!!! Imagine going from the heat in Malawi to hopping off a private jet and into a blizzard!!!!

Ooh they got here just in time for their first experience with snow. I want to see Madonna on IG Stories building a snowman. :wow:

3 hours ago, rebelgirl said:

Madonna arrives home with her newly adopted twins from Malawi who are welcomed to NYC with their first blizzard 

• Madonna arrived back in New York City with her twin daughters Stelle and Estere on Thursday 
  • The pop star, 58, adopted the four-year-old girls from Malawi 
  • The group flew back to the United States on a private jet overnight 
  • DailyMail.com learned that Madonna began the adoption process two years ago
  • Madonna previously adopted son David Banda and daughter Mercy James from Malawi 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4209616/Madonna-arrives-home-newly-adopted-Malawi-twins.html#ixzz4YGCCUvqQ 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4209616/Madonna-arrives-home-newly-adopted-Malawi-twins.html

That photo of Lola with the girls is so sweet !

I am so happy that our idol, MADONNA, is living such a meaningful life unlike other Diva celebs who are still so self-absorbed...

1 hour ago, Butter9 said:

That photo of Lola with the girls is so sweet !

Lola has always been a wonderful big sister.   She always adored David and Mercy and it was reported everywhere that she cried her eyes out when originally Madonna was denied adoption of Mercy.  Madonna went back, appealed and fought for Mercy.  As we always say, she fights for what she knows is right. Look how happy and wonderful Mercy is and also how Madonna keeps taking David and Mercy to Malawi to respect their birth country.  She has a beautiful family.  Esther and Stella will get plenty of love from Madonna and her family.  

Image result for lola and mercy imagesImage result for lola and mercy as a baby imagesRelated image

Congratulations, Madonna!

She's such a loving and wonderful woman. Esther and Stella are very lucky to be part of what seems to be a wonderful family. I wish all the best to all of them!

:inlove:

4 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

Lola has always been a wonderful big sister.   She always adored David and Mercy and it was reported everywhere that she cried her eyes out when originally Madonna was denied adoption of Mercy.  Madonna went back, appealed and fought for Mercy.  As we always say, she fights for what she knows is right. Look how happy and wonderful Mercy is and also how Madonna keeps taking David and Mercy to Malawi to respect their birth country.  She has a beautiful family.  Esther and Stella will get plenty of love from Madonna and her family.  

Image result for lola and mercy imagesImage result for lola and mercy as a baby imagesRelated image

Love all these photos ! Lots of love there <3

On 2/7/2017 at 2:24 PM, Robin said:

Hey where can i find the rules of this forum ? I dont want to get banned :nervous:

Don't get into any insult matches with the any of the moderators.  They'll always get the last word in with their magical powers. 

Yes, good for Madonna.  Six kids is a lot.  She's the Madonna Bunch. 

It's a beautiful thing.  I don't see how anyone could think otherwise.

Exciting times to live as a Madonna fan, I'm so happy for her because it says that the process was two years long.

Beautiful girls, I bet Mercy and David are over the moon too and it helps that the twins have 4 years already, they can speak properly and express without help.

Giving a better life to a single person must be praised (whether you are Madonna or John Doe). For those sho think otherwise, get out of your comfort zone, avoid tabloids and social media and be realistic. 

7 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

It's a beautiful thing.  I don't see how anyone could think otherwise.

6 hours ago, Vetiver said:

Giving a better life to a single person must be praised (whether you are Madonna or John Doe). For those sho think otherwise, get out of your comfort zone, avoid tabloids and social media and be realistic. 

Yes and yes 

:inlove:

2 hours ago, Anne said:

Lovely picture

Pure Love 💜💙💚💛❤️

I'm so glad she replaced that ingrate biological son of hers with these girls :inlove:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/madonnas-sister-ready-step-raise-9801680

Madonna's sister ready to step in and raise her adopted Malawian twins if star dies

Superstar charmed the African country's adoption authorities by saying her sibling would become 'guardian' if anything happens

BY DAN WARBURTON

20:48, 11 FEB 2017

Madonna's sister will step in to raise her adopted Malawi twins if she dies, it has emerged. 

The Like a Virgin superstar, 58, left Malawi on a hired Gulfstream IV jet this week after adopting four-year-old twins Stelle and Estere.

Now the Sunday People can reveal she charmed the authorities into the adoption after saying her sister would “step in as guardian” if anything were to happen.

In a judgement passed at the High Court in Malawi, Judge Fiona Mwale said: “[Madonna’s] extended family are equally on-board with the adoption.

“One of her sister’s and her husband have executed a declaration of their willingness to step in as guardian of the two infants should anything happen to the petitioner.”

Madonna already has two children from Malawi after adopting David Banda in 2006 and Mercy James in 2009.

And granting her the adoption earlier this week Judge Mwale ruled Madonna ’s multi-million pound New York apartment “is, as is befitting of the status of the petitioner, a luxurious, spacious and comfortable abode in an affluent neighbourhood”. 

The judge said: “The petitioner satisfied me that this adoption is motivated by her desire to offer a home, love, protection and guidance to the infants.

“The petitioner appreciates her very privileged position and she would like to share what she has with those who are less privileged.”

The court ruling in Malawi also revealed Madonna had a fitness test before the adoption was approved - and the judge made an exception of her because she would normally be considered too old.

Judge Mwale said: “The Adoption Home Study Report records that the petitioner meets and exceeds the needs of health and physical fitness required for this adoption.

“This is very important considering that the petitioner is above the age normally considered within the ranges of parenting.

“She was examined by her doctor on October 17 2016 and according to the statement prepared by her doctor does not have any medical diagnoses and is not prescribed any medication.

“With such a clean bill of health and demonstrated vigour, I find no reason why she should not be able to parent the two infants.”

Madonna jetted back to New York City with her new daughters, twins Estere and Stelle on Wednesday.

The pop star, 58, adopted the girls from Mchinji, Malawi, announcing the news on Instagram.

The girls’ mother died within one week of delivery following complications from a C-section, but their father is still alive.

The court took Madonna’s charity work into consideration, describing the singer as “a good friend of the country”.

Madonna adopted son David Banda and daughter Mercy James from Malawi in 2006 and 2009 respectively and has two other children, Lourdes and Rocco, from previous relationships.

She had denied reports that she wanted to adopt again after she spotted visiting Malawi earlier this year, claiming at the time that her trip was for her charity work.

But now it has emerged she was asked “uncomfortable questions” by the High Court judge because she feared the pop queen might be “robbing” the country’s greatest asset - its children.

In preparation for the girls’ arrival in the US, Madonna’s other adopted children made a home video expressing their joy at the arrival of their new siblings from their birth country, the court source said.

Her eldest daughter Lourdes, 20, also has had a tattoo of Mercy’s name on her wrist, which the court said showed a strength of the relationship between the siblings.

Rocco, Madonna’s son with director Guy Ritchie, demonstrated his support by travelling with his mother to Malawi for a cultural ceremony held for his brother David.

Accompanying Madonna in her jet back to the US this week was a carer from Malawi who will live with the singer to help the twins settle into their new home.

Neither girl speaks English and the carer will also help David and Mercy learn Chichewa, the language of their birth.

In a post on Instagram on Thursday Madonna wrote: “I can officially confirm I have completed the process of adopting twin sisters from Malawi and am overjoyed that they are now part of our family.

“I am deeply grateful to all those in Malawi who helped make this possible.”

^  Melanie and Joe are great people as obvious that they are the sister and brother in law mentioned.  People only have to see how happy and loving her entire family is to David and Mercy to see how this is a wonderful thing.   Esther and Stella will be cherished and loved.  

Im super happy that her health is in pristine condition as well ^

How nice of Melanie and Joe Henry!!! And for some reason I'm surprised that Madonna Ciccone is not on any meds?

5 hours ago, Hector said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/madonnas-sister-ready-step-raise-9801680

Madonna's sister ready to step in and raise her adopted Malawian twins if star dies

Superstar charmed the African country's adoption authorities by saying her sibling would become 'guardian' if anything happens

BY DAN WARBURTON

20:48, 11 FEB 2017

Madonna's sister will step in to raise her adopted Malawi twins if she dies, it has emerged. 

The Like a Virgin superstar, 58, left Malawi on a hired Gulfstream IV jet this week after adopting four-year-old twins Stelle and Estere.

Now the Sunday People can reveal she charmed the authorities into the adoption after saying her sister would “step in as guardian” if anything were to happen.

In a judgement passed at the High Court in Malawi, Judge Fiona Mwale said: “[Madonna’s] extended family are equally on-board with the adoption.

“One of her sister’s and her husband have executed a declaration of their willingness to step in as guardian of the two infants should anything happen to the petitioner.”

Madonna already has two children from Malawi after adopting David Banda in 2006 and Mercy James in 2009.

And granting her the adoption earlier this week Judge Mwale ruled Madonna ’s multi-million pound New York apartment “is, as is befitting of the status of the petitioner, a luxurious, spacious and comfortable abode in an affluent neighbourhood”. 

The judge said: “The petitioner satisfied me that this adoption is motivated by her desire to offer a home, love, protection and guidance to the infants.

“The petitioner appreciates her very privileged position and she would like to share what she has with those who are less privileged.”

The court ruling in Malawi also revealed Madonna had a fitness test before the adoption was approved - and the judge made an exception of her because she would normally be considered too old.

Judge Mwale said: “The Adoption Home Study Report records that the petitioner meets and exceeds the needs of health and physical fitness required for this adoption.

“This is very important considering that the petitioner is above the age normally considered within the ranges of parenting.

“She was examined by her doctor on October 17 2016 and according to the statement prepared by her doctor does not have any medical diagnoses and is not prescribed any medication.

“With such a clean bill of health and demonstrated vigour, I find no reason why she should not be able to parent the two infants.”

Madonna jetted back to New York City with her new daughters, twins Estere and Stelle on Wednesday.

The pop star, 58, adopted the girls from Mchinji, Malawi, announcing the news on Instagram.

The girls’ mother died within one week of delivery following complications from a C-section, but their father is still alive.

The court took Madonna’s charity work into consideration, describing the singer as “a good friend of the country”.

Madonna adopted son David Banda and daughter Mercy James from Malawi in 2006 and 2009 respectively and has two other children, Lourdes and Rocco, from previous relationships.

She had denied reports that she wanted to adopt again after she spotted visiting Malawi earlier this year, claiming at the time that her trip was for her charity work.

But now it has emerged she was asked “uncomfortable questions” by the High Court judge because she feared the pop queen might be “robbing” the country’s greatest asset - its children.

In preparation for the girls’ arrival in the US, Madonna’s other adopted children made a home video expressing their joy at the arrival of their new siblings from their birth country, the court source said.

Her eldest daughter Lourdes, 20, also has had a tattoo of Mercy’s name on her wrist, which the court said showed a strength of the relationship between the siblings.

Rocco, Madonna’s son with director Guy Ritchie, demonstrated his support by travelling with his mother to Malawi for a cultural ceremony held for his brother David.

Accompanying Madonna in her jet back to the US this week was a carer from Malawi who will live with the singer to help the twins settle into their new home.

Neither girl speaks English and the carer will also help David and Mercy learn Chichewa, the language of their birth.

In a post on Instagram on Thursday Madonna wrote: “I can officially confirm I have completed the process of adopting twin sisters from Malawi and am overjoyed that they are now part of our family.

“I am deeply grateful to all those in Malawi who helped make this possible.”

are they speaking of melanie?  did i miss her name?

and how morbid!!! :lol:

4 minutes ago, le smoking said:

How nice of Melanie and Joe Henry!!! And for some reason I'm surprised that Madonna Ciccone is not on any meds?

did i miss their names? 

19 minutes ago, Pud Whacker said:

did i miss their names? 

I'm just assuming cuz Melanie's the only one she ever talks about :lol: