Women’s March on Washington time 21 Jan 2017

Gaudet

What makes it even better is her name is Helen. I don't think this one is a gaga fan (for a change). I think we have an actual live Helen on our hands, born in 1964 LMAO

Guest Pud Whacker
22 minutes ago, spazz said:

I used to like her till I figured out she is a Zionist bimbo unfortunately.

WATCH IT!!!!

thats Scarlett! With the fabulous hair!!!

3 hours ago, Pud Whacker said:

I LOVE SCARLETT!!!

she gave a fabulous speech WITH FABULOUS HAIR!!!

I loved her speech!!! Personal and political :clap:

I went today and it was amazing but I hope that everyone actually like, does stuff after this and continue their activism instead of just giving themselves a pat on the back for showing up

20 minutes ago, pieciolot said:

Where was Beyonce??? You know, the one who sang that 'Women rule the world'...

She knew she wouldn't be the centre of attention so she didn't go

Meanwhile Rihanna went to the New York protest straight off a flight from Paris and was leading chants from the crowd

7 hours ago, spazz said:

I used to like her till I figured out she is a Zionist bimbo unfortunately.

Just to let you know, I have reported you.

I think Spazz is clearly entering antisemitic territory here. In the Trump thread he was using the highly offensive term "cleansing" which was basically used to justify the Holocaust and killing of hundreds of thousands of gays, disabled, communists etc. in Nazi Germany. All of his recent posts are based on prejudice and are not adding anything to the discussion. I don't want Spazz to be banned forever but a suspension for some time, at least from the political section, should be an appropriate measure. Thank you. Raider.

1 hour ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

I think Spazz is clearly entering antisemitic territory here. In the Trump thread he was using the highly offensive term "cleansing" which was basically used to justify the Holocaust and killing of hundreds of thousands of gays, disabled, communists etc. in Nazi Germany. All of his recent posts are based on prejudice and are not adding anything to the discussion. I don't want Spazz to be banned forever but a suspension for some time, at least from the political section, should be an appropriate measure. Thank you. Raider.

Spazz is a far right extremist, i don't understand why his neo-nazi mentality is even allowed here in the first place :ugh:

1 hour ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

I didnt say cleansing gays or jews or mentioned germany and nazis 

its you who put words in ur quotes.

i said cleansing the radicals islamists AKA ISIS/Daech.

56 minutes ago, madonnasuperfan01 said:

Spazz is a far right extremist, i don't understand why his neo-nazi mentality is even allowed here in the first place :ugh:

Where is that? 

I didnt say anything about the nazis or jews.

zionism is different than jewish religion 

plz educate yourself 

34 minutes ago, spazz said:

I didnt say cleansing gays or jews or mentioned germany and nazis 

its you who put words in ur quotes.

i said cleansing the radicals islamists AKA ISIS/Daech.

Cleansing these kind of radical ideologies is never an offensive act.

I so agree wth Spazz.

This is nothing like an anti freedom of speech thing or anti semitic thing.

Crowd Scientists Say Women’s March
in Washington Had 3 Times as
Many People as Trump’s Inauguration

DC_pano.jpg

The women’s march in Washington was roughly three times the size of the audience at President Trump’s inauguration, crowd counting experts said Saturday.

Marcel Altenburg and Keith Still, crowd scientists at Manchester Metropolitan University in Britain, analyzed photographs and video taken of the National Mall and vicinity and estimated that there were about 160,000 people in those areas in the hour leading up to Mr. Trump’s speech Friday.

They estimated that at least 470,000 people were at the women’s march in Washington in the areas on and near the mall at about 2 p.m. Saturday.

The two images below show the crowds when they were at their peak density at the two events.

inaug-small-compare.jpgmarch-small-compare.jpg

The estimates are not comprehensive counts and were necessarily limited by the availability of photographs and video that covered the areas of interest. But their estimate was in line with one given by a city official who said that march participation likely surpassed half a million, according to The Associated Press.

The scientists had better images for the analysis of Mr. Trump’s inauguration crowd, which was concentrated on the mall. But the women’s march was more sprawling and fluid, so the actual number of people at the women’s march could be larger.

It is likely that the timing and location of the march — on a weekend, in a Democratic city in a Democratic region — helped drive the significant turnout.

In addition to wide-angle images, the scientists made use of news images that provided closer views of the crowds, which allowed them to calculate the density of specific areas more precisely.

For the women’s march, they chose a period in time when the crowd was moving the least, from 1:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. Using aerial footage and photographs from various angles, the analysts isolated areas with an average density of 2.5 people per square meter, the same method used at Mr. Trump’s inauguration the day before.

The maps below show the areas that they determined to be high crowd density at each event.

mall-base-obama-big.png

mall-base-trump-big.png

mall-base-march-big.png

But Mr. Trump was clearly upset with what he felt were undercounts of his own event the day before. In a visit to the Central Intelligence Agency on Saturday, Mr. Trump falsely accused the media of lying about the size of the crowds at his inauguration, saying that when he looked out from his podium, “it looked like a million, a million and a half people,” and that the area “all the way back to the Washington Monument was packed.”

Later in the day, Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, claimed that Friday’s event was “the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration,” even though “no one had numbers” to confirm it because the Park Service does not issue crowd estimates.

The Park Service said in 2009 that it “firmly” believed that Barack Obama had drawn the largest crowd ever to the National Mall. The location could have also been a contributing factor for the crowds that year; about half of Washington’s population is black, and more than 92 percent of the city voted Democratic.

Mr. Spicer said that the area between the platform where Mr. Trump was sworn in and the Washington Monument could hold 720,000 people, and claimed that “all of this space was full when the president took the oath of office.”

The images below, captured 45 minutes before the respective oaths of office, show areas that were crowded with people at Mr. Obama’s inauguration that were clearly empty during Mr. Trump’s.

“There is a scientific explanation why the crowd size must have appeared to Trump in 2017 similar or even larger than to Obama in 2009,” said Mr. Altenburg, one of the crowd scientists.

The scientists said Mr. Trump would only have seen the tightly packed front third of the crowd, but not the back two-thirds, from his position at the podium. To make their estimates, they monitored seven live feeds all day, including those from perspectives that someone at the podium would not have been able to perceive.

peak_obama_from_cap.jpg

peak-trump-from-cap.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/22/us/politics/womens-march-trump-crowd-estimates.html?smid=tw-share

Guest Pud Whacker

Spazz is not anti Semitic or a far right extremist. But there sure are far left extremists here that are really cruel to anyone that doesn't abide by their beliefs. 

Spazz is from Egypt and politically that reality is very different from the west. So try and respect his views even if you don't believe in it. Because he represents that part of the world and my other friends from that side echo his same sentiment. 

4 minutes ago, Pud Whacker said:

Spazz is not anti Semitic or a far right extremist. But there sure are far left extremists here that are really cruel to anyone that doesn't abide by their beliefs. 

Spazz is from Egypt and politically that reality is very different from the west. So try and respect his views even if you don't believe in it. Because he represents that part of the world and my other friends from that side echo his same sentiment. 

yet, he is Coptic so he shares also a religion with the majority of West :)

2 hours ago, Pud Whacker said:

Sure thing Pud. It goes both ways though, just so you know.

Reap what you sow...

:IMG_1564: