Women’s March on Washington time 21 Jan 2017

Gaudet

26 minutes ago, spazz said:

I wanted to see women from muslim majority population march and torn their hijab/burka like 1919 revolution in Cairo, this is the real deal & the truly opressed ladies.

Are you 100% certain that you really would have wanted to see that happening? Because if Muslim ladies are the "real deal & the truly oppressed" ones, what in your eyes make the rest of the female population across the globe not suitable to protest and voice their rights? By saying that Muslim women are the real deal and the truly oppressed ladies you basically suggest that any woman who is not Muslim is not worthy of protesting against anything.     Spazz, what kind of diet are you on?

1 minute ago, pjcowley said:

Are you 100% certain that you really would have wanted to see that happening? Because if Muslim ladies are the "real deal & the truly oppressed" ones, what in your eyes make the rest of the female population across the globe not suitable to protest and voice their rights? By saying that Muslim women are the real deal and the truly oppressed ladies you basically suggest that any woman who is not Muslim is not worthy of protesting against anything.     Spazz, what kind of diet are you on?

I didnt say western ladies are not allowed to protest and i am not living there to know precisely the level of their rights but definitely not like in muslim countries where they terrorise female by genital mutilation and force of dress code and misogynistic atmosphere.

22 minutes ago, spazz said:

I didnt say western ladies are not allowed to protest and i am not living there to know precisely the level of their rights but definitely not like in muslim countries where they terrorise female by genital mutilation and force of dress code and misogynistic atmosphere.

Why is it a competition?????

2 minutes ago, drunkbysix said:

Why is it a competition?????

What do u mean? 

I wanted to see Muslims fighting for freedom and rights, what's wrong with that?

i believe gays rights and religion tolerance comes when women take positions and major roles in politics and it is not happening in Middle East cause females are marginalized.

It's not a competition but it's important to recognize the women elsewhere who have a horrendous life. We've seen today women putting hijabs on one another in solidarity with the Muslims who feel they have been paying the price for Islamic fundamentalists behaviour and where as it is a nice gesture, it is important to remember that while we are using  posters of hijabi girls, many other girls around this world see that fabric as oppressive, they are forced to wear it and have little rights and see America and Europe as the land of the free, they probably look on at us and wonder what is so terrible. It's not a competition but it's good to have perspective. That's why I asked before if any of the women from elsewhere had been spoken about on the podiums, the girls who are held hostage by ISIS as sex slaves, those who are gay in the middle east, those who are athiests or christians... yes, elsewhere to be christian is to be a minority lol. The world is a big place and a womans march which is apparently for women around the world has to take account of all women's lives, it's not a competition but some of us are much luckier than others, it's just how it is.

3 minutes ago, billiejean said:

Apart from Juanita Broaddrick?

Really @billiejean what are you hoping to achieve with your patronizing, provocative just for the sake of provoking a reaction kind of posts?

Is it really necessary? Do you feel great about yourself when you do that? Does that set you off?

Congrats. It must be glorious being as enlightened as people like you are. In a parallel dimension.

Guest Pud Whacker
5 hours ago, WeboGirl said:

I'm not arguing. I'm eating scrambled eggs and looking at all these great pics. 

I'm proud to be a Madonna fan!

:inlove: