Women’s March on Washington time 21 Jan 2017

Gaudet

13 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

@Sloane so far I have only ran searches in English language, but I have posted a couple of tweets of protests that took place indeed in Africa, oh and.. Antarctica too. If I run searches in other languages I might get further results specific to certain locations.

As for having protests like these for women being set on fire in the Middle East and raped in India, by all means you are more than welcome to organize one, thank you. Most certainly grateful.

Question: in your view, what is the difference between protesting against a president who made outrageous remarks against women during his presidential campaign, a man whom by his own admission enjoys grabbing them by the pussy, a man who has being accused of sexual harassment and rape by several women, and protesting against rape in India?

I saw the one in Antartica, very cool (pun intended). Those women are scientists, working in a man's field. They clearly didn't get there by whining, flashing their boobs, and carrying on about girl power. I'm not saying all or even most of the women protesting today are like this so don't get it twisted okay!! Point is, they also have my full support.

About your question, Trump grabbing pussy. GIANT SIGH. Gimme a break. The press was so damn biased during the election then they pull this one out weeks before the election for that tried and true fake outrage (only it's not working anymore thank goodness). I detest manipulation. My feminism will never be used to fill an agenda. If Trump is running around grabbing pussy, which he ain't, that's Melanias problem. She married the twat. If he's raping women, then go after him, not suddenly speak out weeks before a vote. It stinks of pay off, not buying it. If I was ever raped YOU BETTER FUCKING BELIEVE it would be dealt with immediately. Not years later. The whole thing doesn't pass the smell test.

2 minutes ago, rebelvvv said:

No, it's not or people would not be in such a state of hysteria.  It's interesting how we give Madonna a free pass on being rebellious and saying things in ways that people don't expect to get their attention or using hyperbole such as "thoughts of blowing up the White House" to get her points noticed but then crucify anyone who supports Trump when it's OBVIOUS he uses the exact same tactics.

The problem is all the extremists took Trump literally instead of seriously, which is the exact thing that people do to Madonna.

You're right.  It will be hysteria once, gay marriage rights, the affordable care act, women's reproductive rights, social security, Medicare, Medicaid, government assistance, unemployment benefits, health insurance, JOBS, living wages, SNAP, Pell grants, Welfare, pensions, immigration reform....I could go on....

All of the above are at risk of being eliminated under Trump, and a lot will be.

Standing up and fighting for these social programs and rights is not an extreme outlook to me.

4 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

You're missing the point of the whole thing then. No point in discussing it if you can't see this goes beyond politics.

The point of the march is about social identity, which I support, but most people "discussing" things conflate social identity with your political views.  What I mean is that political views are not all encompassing of this one social issue or vice versa, but people try to box people in as if they are.  You're right that there's no point in discussing it though since most people won't even acknowledge this simple fact.

2 minutes ago, WeboGirl said:

You're right.  It will be hysteria once, gay marriage rights, the affordable care act, women's reproductive rights, social security, Medicare, Medicaid, government assistance, unemployment benefits, health insurance, JOBS, living wages, SNAP, Pell grants, Welfare, pensions, immigration reform....I could go on....

All of the above are at risk of being eliminated under Trump, and a lot will be.

Standing up and fighting for these social programs and rights is not an extreme outlook to me.

Once again you assume that just because someone is a woman or supports one or more of these issues, they must support them ALL or nothing.  Never mind any other issues that are equally important for the long-term future of the country and the world, including foreign policy, the mess Obama's made of the Middle East, the national debt, etc.  Regardless, hysteria never resulted in any respectful or productive dialogue when each side refuses to even listen to the other or debate in logical or rational fashion.

4 minutes ago, WeboGirl said:

Yes.  I met Bernie and he shook my hand. 

A good man!

Fight back but do not make the same (deliberate) mistakes to the WORLD .Democrats are not saints ,they should stop acting like ones 

D

11 minutes ago, rebelvvv said:

Once again you assume that just because someone is a woman or supports one or more of these issues, they must support them ALL or nothing.  Never mind any other issues that are equally important for the long-term future of the country and the world, including foreign policy, the mess Obama's made of the Middle East, the national debt, etc.  Regardless, hysteria never resulted in any respectful or productive dialogue when each side refuses to even listen to the other or debate in logical or rational fashion.

You keep telling me that I 'assume'.  Don't assume, it makes an ASS out of U and Me. 

As I assumed, your statements above are incorrect.  Like I said, no understanding or research on the issues. 

2 minutes ago, WeboGirl said:

You keep telling me that I 'assume'.  Don't assume, it makes an ASS out of U and Me. 

As I assumed, your statements above are incorrect.  Like I said, no understanding or research on the issues. 

I didn't assume, you're the one who assumed by giving a repetitive list of issues trying to blow them up into a larger list than they really are, and telling me I don't care about any of them.

Your statement is the one lacking in understanding or research on the issues, but I'm not going to go into hysteria over trying to reason with you.  You keep on getting mad, while achieving nothing.  I'm going to put you on ignore now.

3 minutes ago, rebelvvv said:

I didn't assume, you're the one who assumed by giving a repetitive list of issues trying to blow them up into a larger list than they really are, and telling me I don't care about any of them.

Your statement is the one lacking in understanding or research on the issues, but I'm not going to go into hysteria over trying to reason with you.  You keep on getting mad, while achieving nothing.  I'm going to put you on ignore now.

I'm far from mad.  You're not that important to me.  And I find this conversation tedious.  If you're putting me on ignore, then I've obviously hit a nerve that bothers you.  Maybe it's your conscience?

You figure it out. 

@Sloane I wonder if instead of the timing in which those recordings emerged during the campaign you focused on their content, if you actually listened to what Trump said. Because to hear a political candidate of a presidential campaign speaking so proudly about aggressively pursuing women (grab 'em by the pussy), frankly is no indication of a gentleman, certainly not of a person who respects women.

By the way, it emerged that even Trump's former wife Ivana apparently got a taste of the Donald's violence in the bedroom. True or false? People react differently to the scar caused by any type of sexual violation, with shame and fear being a major factor for victims not speaking up straight away, not reporting, not seeking help even.

This worldwide march today was a big way for people to express their dissent.

1 minute ago, WeboGirl said:

I'm far from mad.  You're that important to me.  And I find this conversation tedious.  If you're putting me on ignore, then I've obviously hit a nerve that bothers you.  Maybe it's your conscience?

You figure it out. 

LOL, at least I have a conscience.  About attempting to be respectful to other people in debating.  Your style of "debate" is tedious, which is why I'm disengaging, not because I agree with anything you said or care about your opinion of me.  No skin off my back, but it's a waste of my day.

Just now, rebelvvv said:

LOL, at least I have a conscience.  About attempting to be respectful to other people in debating.  Your style of "debate" is tedious, which is why I'm disengaging, not because I agree with anything you said or care about your opinion of me.  No skin off my back, but it's a waste of my day.

I thought you were putting me on ignore.  

Get to it. 

40 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

The Greeks migrants voted for him saying no further migrants are allowed to the country .How fucked up is that?

Greeks migrants are different than illegal immigrants. 

Those ppl immigrated in the past with their families 

And here we go ... on CNN a right wing journalist addressed Madonnas "blowing up the White House" comment without quoting what she said right afterwords, therefore taking things completely out of context. When another panel member tried to set the record straight she was interrupted. Now add this Van Jones journalist telling people he is disgusted by this yet he admits he was not aware of her speech. Good job, jumping to conclusions. But quite frankly, I don't like him very much, he always comes across as very arrogant and self righteous, "I know it all" person.

I tell you, Madonna did that on purpose just to see her speech taken out of context to prove how easily people can be manipulated. And how people allow to be manipulated by not doing their job to look deeper. Especially in such a case that does not require much effort. Just watch the original tape for 10 more seconds and the truth will be revealed. But who cares about the truth in times when people want to be offended even if this means to create a lie.

Guest Pud Whacker
40 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

Love Miley.

Downtown LA is completely shut down.

thanks for the heads up! wont be riding my bike down there!!!

1 minute ago, spazz said:

Greeks migrants are different than illegal immigrants. 

Those ppl immigrated in the past with their families 

then we should kick out of Greece most immigrants coming from Egypt .. Golden dawn (fascist party) is claiming that .Are they right?

Just now, sotos8 said:

then we should kick out of Greece most immigrants coming from Egypt .. Golden dawn (fascist party) is claiming that .Are they right?

You're a bit exaggerating 

he has an Egyptian lady and a Lebanese man in his administration 

@WeboGirl...just ignore her for she apparently is a Trump supporter.  Trump came out today to talk to the CIA.  Everything he said revolved back to HIM.  Disgusting.  And what "policies" has he actually addressed?  He starts with one subject but then quickly turns it into a campaign speech.  But, this is what was elected....our president!  I'm not a very political person.  Don't identify as Republican/Democrat.  I vote for a person, not a party.  Either way, we were fucked with this election.

How to fix it?  I don't fucking know.  But I feel this divisiveness will only get worse with Trump in office.  I try to remain positive and optimistic.  But it's hard with a "kardashian" in the white house (nevermind, they won't even live there).  

Maybe it's a good time to be out of America....during the Trump years?!!!  May God help us ALL!!!

@rebelvvv....your approach to this uncomfortable subject is disturbing.  Find peace in others and also yourself.