Women’s March on Washington time 21 Jan 2017

Gaudet

2 minutes ago, Sloane said:

Did Katy Perry bring her tittie sparklers? She should showcase her video with Snoop Dogg, the one where she's naked in it and he's dressed as a pimp. This was after his Hustler DVD video where naked women submitted to him in shackles while he rapped "another bitch broke." 

Yet you're ok with Trump grabbing pussies without women's consent  and you voted for him. 

8 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Go back to leave those comments on the Daily Mail. Not here Sloane... you're not with us! 

OK. Strange times we are living in when I'm not considered a feminist.

Omg I hear Madonna singing express yourself!!!!! GOTTA GO.

41 minutes ago, Mmmmm said:

Start one then 

47 minutes ago, Lolo said:

Maybe you can organize it.

I can't find any other feminists to go along with me cuz it's racist or something, plus I'm a terrible organizer.

Edit: Are there any of these worldwide protests in the middle east or india?? Just curious. Pretty sure I saw one posted here in Africa. THOSE women have my total respect and support. To do it there is true bravery. Downtown DC steps away from a Starbucks, not as much. 

I do agree with Pud that shedding light on feminism is good. I'm not mad or anything.

35 minutes ago, Sloane said:

OK. Strange times we are living in when I'm not considered a feminist.

Omg I hear Madonna singing express yourself!!!!! GOTTA GO.

Not being funny with you Sloane but you have been jumping on anybody calling out Trump with your right wing rethorics. What do you expect? Your comment was dangerously similar to many comments I read on the Daily Mail. I think it's about time you pick a side. Don't sit on the fence with your so called unbiased opinions. 

6 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

I think it's about time you pick a side. Don't sit on the fence with your so called unbiased opinions. 

See, this is the problem with political conversation in general and especially now, because with the hysteria raging from the far left and far right, you're automatically categorized if you express an opinion about an issue that doesn't align with the sheep status quo consensus.  Politics and issues are not black and white.

It's equally hypocritical of extreme far left liberals to try to shut down any discussion that doesn't 100% align with their views.  That's why Madonna's message is mixed right now because on the one hand she says to express yourself, when what she really means right now is express the views that align with hers by feeding in on the notion that anyone who disagrees or doesn't agree entirely is stupid.  Book smarts don't equal street smarts.  A lot of the commentary being slung around these days is entirely lacking in common sense.

People wonder why they were so shocked with the results of the last year, but it's because most "news" these days contain no journalistic integrity or fact checking.  What passes for news or political reporting is actually just opinion-based commentary.  You would have thought people would have learned from all the failures of the polls, but it's still going on worse than ever.

18 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Not being funny with you Sloane but you have been jumping on anybody calling out Trump with your right wing rethoric. What do you expect? Your comment was dangerously similar to many comments I read on the Daily Mail. I think it's about time you pick a side. Don't sit in the fence with your so called unbiased opinions. 

Why does everything always have to be divided up according to websites??? I truly believe that most people actually fall into this gray area but instantly accused of being undecided. No. I am not undecided. I am not sitting on any fence. I hate to bring this up again but it's also a Libra thing. I am cursed!! Anyway, there's plenty of ppl bashing Trump, no need to jump in with the crowd. The day it gets pro Trump around here ... or anywhere for that matter... I'll start bashing Trump. That's just the way it is with me. The Scales of Justice must always be balanced, that is my cause. Strangely, this tends to cause chaos. I don't know why.

Just now, rebelvvv said:

See, this is the problem with political conversation in general and especially now, because with the hysteria raging from the far left and far right, you're automatically categorized if you express an opinion about an issue that doesn't align with the sheep status quo consensus.  Politics and issues are not black and white.

It's equally hypocritical of extreme far left liberals to try to shut down any discussion that doesn't 100% align with their views.  That's why Madonna's message is mixed right now because on the one hand she says to express yourself, when what she really means right now is express the views that align with hers by feeding in on the notion that anyone who disagrees or doesn't agree entirely is stupid.  Book smarts don't equal street smarts.  A lot of the commentary being slung around these days is entirely lacking in common sense.

People wonder why they were so shocked with the results of the last year, but it's because most "news" these days contain no journalistic integrity or fact checking.  What passes for news or political reporting is actually just opinion-based commentary.  You would have thought people would have learned from all the failures of the polls, but it's still going on worse than ever.

This is NOT about politics. It's about a state of mind in the end. Either you believe in the old mentality or you believe in the new one. Left, right, black, white, north, south, east, west.. it doesn't matter. It's about time we move forward,  change for the better; believing in acceptance, unity. Madonna couldn't say it any better: We must love one another or die.

2 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

This is NOT about politics. It's about a state of mind in the end. Either you believe in the old mentality or you believe in the new one. Left, right, black, white, north, south, east, west.. it doesn't matter. It's about time we move forward,  change for the better; believing in acceptance, unity. Madonna couldn't say it any better: We must love one another or die.

Totally disagree.  This is 100% about politics.  There has been far more hate spewed on both sides by being intolerant of other people's right to have their own views.  What's lacking is love and respect and the inability to discuss issues without hostility.  THAT is the state of mind that must change if the world is going to get anywhere.  Right now for both extreme sides it's my way or the highway, which doesn't work for anyone.

36 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

"... and to our detractors that insist that this march will never add up to anything... FUCK YOU..... FUCK YOU!!"

I think this post is going to be my sig from now on.

@Sloane so far I have only ran searches in English language, but I have posted a couple of tweets of protests that took place indeed in Africa, oh and.. Antarctica too. If I run searches in other languages I might get further results specific to certain locations.

As for having protests like these for women being set on fire in the Middle East and raped in India, by all means you are more than welcome to organize one, thank you. Most certainly grateful.

Question: in your view, what is the difference between protesting against a president who made outrageous remarks against women during his presidential campaign, a man whom by his own admission enjoys grabbing them by the pussy, a man who has being accused of sexual harassment and rape by several women, and protesting against rape in India?

4 minutes ago, rebelvvv said:

Totally disagree.  This is 100% about politics.  There has been far more hate spewed on both sides by being intolerant of other people's right to have their own views.  What's lacking is love and respect and the inability to discuss issues without hostility.  THAT is the state of mind that must change if the world is going to get anywhere.  Right now for both extreme sides it's my way or the highway, which doesn't work for anyone.

Wrong!  

It's about the fact that an insane, self-absorbed, ignorant, sexists, racists, homophobic, lying, megalomaniac has been elected as president.  Call that "spewing hate", but it's the truth.  

The state of mind that America needs is for people to vote for their best interests and to educate themselves on the issues at hand.  This clearly did not happen in this election. 

I will proudly keep my 'hostility' (if that's what you want to call it) going.  I will keep fighting against Trump for the next four years and I will not stop.

Just now, pjcowley said:

@Sloane so far I have only ran searches in English language, but I have posted a couple of tweets of protests that took place indeed in Africa, oh and.. Antarctica too. If I run searches in other languages I might get further results specific to certain locations.

As for having protests like these for women being set on fire in the Middle East and raped in India, by all means you are more than welcome to organize one, thank you. Most certainly grateful.

Question: in your view, what is the difference between protesting against a president who made outrageous remarks against women during his presidential campaign, a man whom by his own admission enjoys grabbing them by the pussy, a man who has being accused of sexual harassment and rape by several women, and protesting against rape in India?

Exactly!!!