MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Carey

40 Years ago today: The Berlin Trilogy began...

Arguably the greatest album in one of the most incredible discographies of all time. I've recently been on a real Bowie re-discovery and the Berlin trilogy still has so much power in it's lyricism and production. Eno and David were magical together.

Interesting article:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/how-david-bowie-brian-eno-revolutionized-rock-on-low-w459264

What are your thoughts on the Berlin Trilogy as a whole?

(Admins feel free to move this to the Bowie thread if it's taking up space :))

It always make me mad when threads are left unanswered.  I don't know much about Bowie but I send you a kiss. 

Box I got into this thread thinking it was about those German films The Sky Over Berlin :lmao:

This is a fascinating time in Bowie's career, especially since he already reinvented himself a few times. Second half of low is very dark and powerful. I read that he performed Low in its entirety for some shows. Would have been amazing to see it live.

I love the trilogy, especially Low. I always feel heartbroken when I listen to A New Career In A New Town, don't even know why...

My favorite Bowie album will always be Station to Station tho. 

Haha thanks @karbatal Appreciate it :p 

I also love Station to Station @Lolo  Golden Years is one of my favorite Bowie songs.