veroelectronica

Madonna working on a new album in 2027?

760 posts in this topic

would you really want M to make general crap like that just to have an "ok" hit that's forgettable a month or a year later? she tried to do that with MDNA and sorta even with RH and it failed and backfired (except for ghosttown which didnt get a real chance, but does it even matter as long as the music is good?)

I think The Cure is better than GMAYL anyways and LFL was a lost opptunity as the demo sounds far more timless and builds to an orgasmic dance end.

But in essence I agree with you I don't mean to compare the songs more the element of surprise in music and how it's released and dropped.

I think The Cure is better than GMAYL anyways and LFL was a lost opptunity as the demo sounds far more timless and builds to an orgasmic dance end.

But in essence I agree with you I don't mean to compare the songs more the element of surprise in music and how it's released and dropped.

demo of living for love is a lot better, you're right

M could just release a new song with a new video on youtube, maybe oseary can make a deal with youtube so it's on the "recommended" list like many artists do. im surprised no one has done a surprise release just by uploading it on youtube

the LFL demo is a lot better, you're right

M could just release a new song with a new video on youtube, maybe oseary can make a deal with youtube so it's on the "recommended" list like many artists do. im surprised no one has done a surprise release just by uploading it on youtube

These things won't happen because her team still approach the music like the old days.

Perhaps after RH and the leaks Universal will take a fresh look at how to release the new material.

Next year will reveal all the answers!

What makes people think that if she released a one off surprise single and video it would automatically become a big hit? 

I see the release of the Cure as damage control since the organic country and rock sound of Joanne was not well received even among Gaga's core fans. I doubt she would have released a surprise single if Joanne had done better. So I don't really see the surprise release as some brilliant innovative strategy. 

There are a few artists doing surprise releases but the vast majority of albums are still being marketed in the traditional way just like Madonna. So it's not true everyone else is doing it in a new way and poor Madonna is stuck in 1999.

What makes people think that if she released a one off surprise single and video it would automatically become a big hit? 

I see the release of the Cure as damage control since the organic country and rock sound of Joanne was not well received even among Gaga's core fans. I doubt she would have released a surprise single if Joanne had done better. So I don't really see the surprise release as some brilliant innovative strategy. 

There are a few artists doing surprise releases but the vast majority of albums are still being marketed in the traditional way just like Madonna. So it's not true everyone else is doing it in a new way and poor Madonna is stuck in 1999.

Thank you.

@VogueMusic's gifs are the best part of this thread

Never said that. We're just discussing ideas on how she could release next. But I've always said that I don't care about a "hit" if that means releasing shitty music. Give me AL2 any day above a generic forgettable hit

Never said that. We're just discussing ideas on how she could release next. But I've always said that I don't care about a "hit" if that means releasing shitty music. Give me AL2 any day above a generic forgettable hit

I agree with you.

Madonnas current ways of releasing haven't impacted so why not try something new? 

Even Madonna herself said she wanted to re-invent the wheel.

I agree with you.

Madonnas current ways of releasing haven't impacted so why not try something new? 

exactly. though of course.. if we're being honest the only reason we're even talking about this is cuz the release of rebel heart was so bad/clumsy. as long as it's not messy and they handle it professionally, it should be fine i guess :p 

Let's not forget the entire damn project was stolen and leaked months before the work was even finished. Would have been interesting to see what the proper rollout would have been had the project gone to plan...  :newspaper:

Voice of wisdom. Thanks Glinda.

41a84765-ba0f-47c8-80ea-e53e1fb5d379.gif

😂😂😂

+10000000

Bingo.

👍

demo of living for love is a lot better, you're right

-R0NfL.gif

I see lies there (if you are talking about demo 3:1251: )

they need to make a deal with SPOTIFY. Put her song on the main playlist (Today's Top Hits) and an advertising for free subscribers. I'm still listening and seeing Starboy ad 6 months later.

Same with youtube. 6 seconds of advertising. 

and payola with radios of course. At least for the first single.

What the hell is going on with my favorite pop divas lately?? I'm getting frustrated! Katy Perry hasn't released anything since 2013. Miley Cyrus hasn't released a real album since 2013 either. Dido, same thing, 2013. Madonna 2015, but still, it's 2017 already, time for new music! Why do I always have to wait and wait and wait! God!!!!! And then we have basic bitches shitting out albums every year. And as for Beyoncé, sorry, not a fan of hers. She sounds angry, acts like she's constantly mad at someone. Gaga is crap through and through. Damn it!!! 

I think even if Rebel Heart hadn't been leaked it still wouldn't have done that well. It's not that great of the an album. As much as I would love for her to put out music ASAP I think it would be best if she has a break. I don't think she should release one off singles. She should try and bag more fashion covers and start that film.

People are so concerned with Madonna producing a hit, they need to realise those days are over and have been for a good number of years. We live in time where Ed Sheeran is number one for weeks on end, so it's not like Madonna is missing out on something special.

People are so concerned with Madonna producing a hit, they need to realise those days are over and have been for a good number of years. We live in time where Ed Sheeran is number one for weeks on end, so it's not like Madonna is missing out on something special.

I agree. I rather just have a very good album that she and (most?) of the fans love, something she's passionate about, and not just a quick song or album to please us. I want her to be fully behind it and be inspired again to create something amazing :) i honestly really dont care about how it charts, as long as it's really good

What the hell is going on with my favorite pop divas lately?? I'm getting frustrated! Katy Perry hasn't released anything since 2013. Miley Cyrus hasn't released a real album since 2013 either. Dido, same thing, 2013. Madonna 2015, but still, it's 2017 already, time for new music! Why do I always have to wait and wait and wait! God!!!!! And then we have basic bitches shitting out albums every year. And as for Beyoncé, sorry, not a fan of hers. She sounds angry, acts like she's constantly mad at someone. Gaga is crap through and through. Damn it!!! 

Agree 100%

This "surprise release" talk is.....a bit foolish. It worked for Bey because she's a media darling and her release was reported on every national TV channel. 

Katy released a single last summer for the Olympics and her first single for the new album just some weeks ago.