veroelectronica

Madonna working on a new album in 2027?

760 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Arnian said:

She definitely needs to work on the streaming aspect of her music for the new record.  Some kind of push on spotify for the single and the album itself. 

Focus less on the charts and more on making big videos that will trend or generate media for her.  She trended on FB for multiple days after the Women's March. I don't think Bey had a single actual hit from Lemonade, it was just a cultural force.

answer: BIM.

29 minutes ago, Orion said:

Agree 100%

You can't expect her to do what you want, Madonna is the wrong artist to follow if that's the way you approach her work.

Bitch I'm Madonna is not meant to be taken seriously, Madonna likes to have fun with her music sometimes, and people fail to understand it and that surprises me because I thought Madonna fans were far brighter TBH. Rebel Heart was a "dark, mature" album to me but nothing...let's judge it on Bitch I'm Madonna only....it's like judging TB on Jimmy Jimmy or I'm Breathless on I'm Going Bananas...

PREACH!

You have to take the "go with the flow" approach with M because you just never know with her. She's been true to herself with every album she's ever released. They're all an honest reflection of her state of mind and/or interests at the time she created them. I mean, did it not seem like the "bad girl" Madonna was a long gone memory when we were in the midst of Music/AL era? On the flip side, up until recently, it felt like AL era Madonna was a distant memory.....until her recent rediscovery of a lot of those tracks and her overall "political" interests in recent months. Implying that she's basically being disingenuous with her work because it doesn't fit the mold of what you wanted or expected or think is "right" for her commercially is just insulting to her as an artist. I expect that from her skeptics but it's just strange to see it from her fans.....I've always felt that way.

You bring up another good point about how some judge full albums based on 2-3 tracks (out of like 17-20 tracks mind you)......I mean come on. The album isn't called Heart, it's called Rebel Heart.

1 hour ago, Kurt420 said:

It's really quite sad actually. That's what I meant in one of my earlier posts......unless she hits commercially as she did with ROL or COADF that "group" of fans will ALWAYS find something to undermine whatever achieves. The implication that she's only being "herself" when she sings darker, introspective, melancholic songs is not only uninformed (and quite frankly shocking coming from a "diehard" fan) but simply ridiculous. It's the same shit over and over.....if she's not doing what they feel like she should be doing, then she's "not being true to herself". No dear, wrong answer.....she's not being true to what YOU want her to do. Believe me, if she wanted to make an album full of Falling Free's and Heartbreak City's.....that's exactly what she would do. People act like someone had a gun to her head when she chose to record Bitch I'm Madonna or Holy Water. Madonna has always been contradictory in her approach to her music and message. Some of you really need to go back to Madonna 101.....like seriously. GTFOH :roadrunner:

57 minutes ago, Orion said:

Agree 100%

You can't expect her to do what you want, Madonna is the wrong artist to follow if that's the way you approach her work.

Bitch I'm Madonna is not meant to be taken seriously, Madonna likes to have fun with her music sometimes, and people fail to understand it and that surprises me because I thought Madonna fans were far brighter TBH. Rebel Heart was a "dark, mature" album to me but nothing...let's judge it on Bitch I'm Madonna only....it's like judging TB on Jimmy Jimmy or I'm Breathless on I'm Going Bananas...

Kurt and Orion,  agree totally.  I don't expect any one to love the songs they don't.  That is fair enough and totally their choice and taste.  But the way "fans"  keep rubbishing her by concentrating on songs they dislike always baffles me.  Surely we have followed Madonna long enough to know how varied her music is.   She released a mature beautiful ballad in Ghosttown.  Rebel Heart had many ballads and deep messages.   Why are people trying to paint this album as immature etc because of a few songs they don't like.  Just skip them if you don't want to hear them. 

Plus all this talk about Madonna not being herself because she does not release mature dark music - these songs are pure Madonna classics.  They are perfect pop and are neither dark or have deep messages.   Holiday, Lucky Star, Like a Virgin, Angel, Dress you up, Into the Groove, True Blue, La isla Bonita, Crazy for you, Causing a Commotion, Cherish, Deeper and Deeper, Music, Hung up etc The list goes on.  Then we have ballads and darker songs that are also classics.  Live to tell, Bad Girl, Frozen, The power of goodbye, TUTBMP., etc.   Madonna is so varied and always has been.  Add in her experimental album tracks and we have a pop artist like no other. 

For the songs on Rebel Heart that people don't like, just forget about them.  Concentrate on the ways you love that are deep and full of messages if that is what you want.   There is nothing wrong with saying that people don't like a song or even an album but Madonna has always been herself and always will be.  If you want some singer who stands there looking sad and defeated all the time, you have followed the wrong star.  Madonna will never be that kind of performer or artist. 

55 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

Kurt and Orion,  agree totally.  I don't expect any one to love the songs they don't.  That is fair enough and totally their choice and taste.  But the way "fans"  keep rubbishing her by concentrating on songs they dislike always baffles me.  Surely we have followed Madonna long enough to know how varied her music is.   She released a mature beautiful ballad in Ghosttown.  Rebel Heart had many ballads and deep messages.   Why are people trying to paint this album as immature etc because of a few songs they don't like.  Just skip them if you don't want to hear them. 

Plus all this talk about Madonna not being herself because she does not release mature dark music - these songs are pure Madonna classics.  They are perfect pop and are neither dark or have deep messages.   Holiday, Lucky Star, Like a Virgin, Angel, Dress you up, Into the Groove, True Blue, La isla Bonita, Crazy for you, Causing a Commotion, Cherish, Deeper and Deeper, Music, Hung up etc The list goes on.  Then we have ballads and darker songs that are also classics.  Live to tell, Bad Girl, Frozen, The power of goodbye, TUTBMP., etc.   Madonna is so varied and always has been.  Add in her experimental album tracks and we have a pop artist like no other. 

For the songs on Rebel Heart that people don't like, just forget about them.  Concentrate on the ways you love that are deep and full of messages if that is what you want.   There is nothing wrong with saying that people don't like a song or even an album but Madonna has always been herself and always will be.  If you want some singer who stands there looking sad and defeated all the time, you have followed the wrong star.  Madonna will never be that kind of performer or artist. 

:clap:

What amazes me the most, is that people who might be very smart, but haven't even gone through college or have minimal work experience or doesn't have any musical industry or marketing insights or background, think that they know better and that their "advice" is better than the work from a very professional and successful group people, or from the same Madonna, who happens to be the most successful solo musical act ever. 

You might not like everything thing she has done and you might think there's some missed opportunities but if you think that you know better I'll suggest you send your resume to her team and try get a position within and influence them with some "brilliant strategies". 

I'm not petitioning for dark and moody music. I want her to work with a single producer with a concentrated sound for a 10 to 12 track album.

Oh dear God. Where do I start? :rolleyes:

On 3/23/2017 at 11:25 PM, caba1 said:

the real question is "why did she give WAOM and Illuminati to Kanye? or Why Kanye?" lol

WAOM was a pop masterpiece. The only thing that she had to do was clean the EDM and made it more classic pop. But again, Kanye...

He did a lobotomy to both. It was criminal.

23 hours ago, Kilt said:

I think you're in for a rude awakening. Her team will push mostly for the tour ticket sales.

Look at the RH streaming. Kids will not start streaming Madonna's new album all of a sudden, just because she's doesn't fall in the their age category.

I think this is a bit pessimistic. Also the best thing she could do for tickets sales is to have a successful release. 

I'm not saying I expect her to have streaming numbers like Carly Rae with "I Really Like You" having 241 million plays on Spotify. What I'm saying is there is a lot of room for improvement streaming wise for her.

RH did a lot better than MDNA streaming number wise on Spotify. That's with zero extra promotion too so I'm sure with a bigger push the next record could do even better.

If Rebel Heart was any indication, Madonna is not only still putting out quality material...she's topping some of her previous creative peaks. The entire era (music, visuals, tour) was absolutely breathtaking.

11 minutes ago, SPM said:

If Rebel Heart was any indication, Madonna is not only still putting out quality material...she's topping some of her previous creative peaks. The entire era (music, visuals, tour) was absolutely breathtaking.

Facts 💯

29 minutes ago, SPM said:

:clap: 

totally! 

1 hour ago, SPM said:

:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, SPM said:

Thank you

I thing our vision (in general) about Rebel Heart would be so different if the demos hadn't leaked before the album, instead being after, as usual. I like all the songs (less BIM), and they are well produced and had all her dedication. What spoiled was, IMO, the massive leaks. Some of us (including me) wanted some songs in different ways. Another, wasn't so surprised because was listening the demos for so long, that when the album was released, it was not "fresh and new" anymore. Am I right? Because when I remember what happened to me, it was in most of parts, like this. 

12 minutes ago, RebelMe said:

1987 :lmao: 

Dying.

Watch her be funny and do a children's album next hahahaha

On 4/7/2017 at 5:44 AM, Pedro said:

What amazes me the most, is that people who might be very smart, but haven't even gone through college or have minimal work experience or doesn't have any musical industry or marketing insights or background, think that they know better and that their "advice" is better than the work from a very professional and successful group people, or from the same Madonna, who happens to be the most successful solo musical act ever. 

You might not like everything thing she has done and you might think there's some missed opportunities but if you think that you know better I'll suggest you send your resume to her team and try get a position within and influence them with some "brilliant strategies". 

tumblr_nzey0uFIQg1ql5yr7o1_r1_500.gif

On 4/6/2017 at 9:55 AM, Kurt420 said:

Thank you!

People spew this shit with zero context whatsoever. And they may as well brace themselves now because the next album....that we know NOTHING about...that she probably has NO IDEA about at this time is going to sell most likely half of what RH did.....I don't care how well it's received. That's the nature of the business. Anyone expecting her to compete with any of the top selling acts of today is dreaming. Why would one even expect her to do that?? And please don't say because she chooses to make contemporary sounding "dance/pop" music so that means she's choosing to "compete". NO. Madonna has ALWAYS made "dance/pop" and she most likely always will. That's her roots. Often times, there seems to be this assumption that because she doesn't make some "Bjork album" with whale noises or whatever then that means she's choosing to compete with the "current stars".......the fact of the matter is, Madonna is making the music she's always made and she's been doing far longer than anyone she's "competing" with now.

tumblr_inline_ojfnw1kzxj1uq9yf6_500.giftumblr_inline_ojfnw1kzxj1uq9yf6_500.gif

On 4/6/2017 at 1:28 PM, XXL said:

Nobody was disagreeing with the notion that Madonna hasn't had a single career in quite a while or that things have changed drastically since her last WB release in terms of radio exposure and proper marketing coordination. We have had these discussions forever now

The initial point which was being argued against is how misleading, simplistic and inaccurate is to say Madonna has only sold 3m copies of her studio albums with her last couple of releases.

Madonna is not 5, 10 nor even 15 years into her career, but 35.

Nobody ever talks about how U2 , Bonjovi or 90s acts have stopped selling 80s or 90s type of figures long before Madonna did. Or how Justin Bieber is selling more than them, duh

Yet the constant praise for their equal touring pull is shouted from the rooftops every chance they get in the press.

I think it's unfair to continue to expect Madonna to sell in the Top 5 or Top 10 yearly range like there's no tomorrow. As fans we obviously all want to see her dominate the charts for years to come but there are stringent factors that prevent that from happening which obviously include the nature of the deals Madonna has chosen post 25 year WB tenure but that are not SOLELY ascribable to that.

All I am saying is let's talk about how she needs to go back to a traditional recording deal and keep LN for touring only all we want but let's not forget that her younger counterparts enjoy massive radio backing and marketing support and are in fact in the prime of their careers, per industry canons for sure

Yet for all this radio exposure these younger acts do enjoy they are not outselling her proportionately to the publicity, radio support and friendly media treatment they receive

Madonna has consistently huge United World Charts first week sales for an act doing pop approaching the end of their fourth decade in music.

Look better at Joanne, Rihanna, Beyoncé, Katy's etc figures of the past 5-10 years ... Beyonce for instance has stopped having single success in almost a decade, she's 35 which means she stopped having huge sales before she reached 30.

Madonna has had huge back to back singles up until 44 with the DAD maxi single who came at a whopping $20 and people bought it. Then she had an intermittent successful single career all the way on to 51. HU, Sorry, 4M, Celebration

I don't see these huge results from the younger generations when you factor in how much more sympathetically they are portrayed in the media and how their work is in constant heavy rotation

And I didn't mention all the acts that flourished in the late 90s and the first decade of the new millennium who were touted to take all the sales away from her. The boy bands, Disney acts, JLO, Justin Timberlakes and Gwen Stefanis. She outsold all of them by miles all throughout her 40s and even 50s

If we want to complain for the sake of complaining and put unreasonable expectations number wise on an artist who has given us so much and so consistently artistically speaking, best to argue with all the facts in place :thumbsup:

GOD DAMN... XXL just snatched my damn wig!!!!!!! 

tumblr_inline_ol07ovkxM91t5oucu_500.giftumblr_inline_ol07ovkxM91t5oucu_500.gif

On 2017/4/7 at 8:44 PM, Pedro said:

vomit+2.gif

On 4/6/2017 at 7:29 PM, jazzyjan said:

Madonna does not have a target audience that she crawls to and thank God for that.  She has always created the music she wants.  She is a pop superstar who has stayed famous for decades unlike other pop superstars.  If you want her to be some kind of indie mature artist, think again.  She has always made the music she wants to make.  

Comparing heavy metal and rocks bands to her is crazy too.  Those demographics always attract the same audience. People don't judge male rock bands etc on how they age so they always have the same group supporting them.  Female pop singers don't have the same reasoning given to them. Unless you want her to be like Adele who always makes the same easy listening music that will sell. I could not stand if if Madonna was like that. 

If we over analysize what music she should make, it goes beyond enjoying her.  

On 4/7/2017 at 2:46 AM, Orion said:

Too bad that's what half of this fanbase has become....

Boom!!!

I just want new music. I don't care if it charts or not. :dazed: