veroelectronica

Madonna working on a new album in 2007?

537 posts in this topic

On 25.3.2017 at 11:41 AM, VogueMusic said:

I think some fans would like to think the work was finished...but most likely it was all still in a state of 'work in progress'. So what you like may not have ever been her final vision anyway.

Madonna's vocals doesn't sound polished and final, but the Avicii backing tracks of WAOM and RH sound like his tracks he published to that time. I still believe RH could have been a massive hit and should have been the leading track of the album - with the Avicii production. It was very strange that RH was excluded from the "regular" album.  According to my memory it was the track with the most enthusiastic feedback of all leaked tracks.

1 hour ago, Kurt420 said:

Re: putting down LAV and TB.....that's only diehard fans and sorry to say it but....."ray of lighters" (LOL) that do that.

To a BIG segment of the GP (her casual fan base) Madonna, LAV, TB, LAP and Vogue single are the only thing that matter. FACT! That's no compliment to them though either. Why you going to go to THE REBEL HEART tour and then bitch that it's not a greatest hits show? On the one hand, it's kind of cool that she's so incredibly diverse that fans can absolutely adore one project by her and completely hate something else. It shows her diversity in a way. On the other hand though.....fuck off diehards, LAV is a classic and without it, Madonna as we know her now wouldn't be......and fuck off to the casuals that "LOVE Madonna....but I don't care for her new stuff"....when they've never even listened to the new stuff.....oh and by "new stuff" I mean anything from ROL onward.....lol. I've heard "I only like Madonna's old stuff" for 20 years now.....the "old stuff" is now the stuff that was new when they only liked the old stuff. :wacko: :crazy:

😂👍🏻😂👍🏻

2 hours ago, slam3000 said:

Y'know, I think in some ways, Madonna has lost confidence in herself and her ideas. To me, this first became apparent with HC, and has been noticeable on her albums ever since - none of which really have a coherent vision and feel like lots of different sounds, thoughts and feelings that haven't been fully realised to their true potential.

Why she let Kanye anywhere near the  RH recording process is beyond me, since no one outside of his fanbase would be able to name more than a couple of singles, at most. He has no feel for a true pop sensibility and I doubt there's much overlap between their respective fanbases to generate wider interest.

Shep's Erotica Diaries really paints a picture of Madonna who knows exactly how she wants each song to sound and won't be swayed which, for example, led to the wondrous flamenco breakdown in Deeper and Deeper, in spite of his reservations.

Perhaps she needs to start by working with just a couple of songwriters and producers and find a direction  she's happy with and then bring in a just a couple more hands towards the end to give the project an extra jolt of energy (if need be). If nothing else, that's likely to result in a far more cohesive album than any of the last three.

But most of all, she needs to have faith in herself.

tumblr_n4qxd1nbsx1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

4 hours ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

Madonna's vocals doesn't sound polished and final, but the Avicii backing tracks of WAOM and RH sound like his tracks he published to that time. I still believe RH could have been a massive hit and should have been the leading track of the album - with the Avicii production. It was very strange that RH was excluded from the "regular" album.  According to my memory it was the track with the most enthusiastic feedback of all leaked tracks.

That doesn't change that the work was still 'in progress'.

The WAOM and RH Avicii versions are iconic as demos, even Borrowed Time too.

And i think that she had inspiration and a vision for HC and RH, maybe not for MDNA because she was in a hurry and didn't got too involved but RH has a lot of passion and ideas, it's just that she had so many ideas that I got out of control and then the leaks and bye.

Hopefully the process for the next album goes smoothly and easy for her.

7 hours ago, caba1 said:

i'm not a cunt and i don't like his productions. Any problem with that? deal with it.

THIS IS ME EVERYDAY UNTIL SHE RELEASES NEW MUSIC

Image result for jenny beavan oscar 2016

Count me in! 

5 hours ago, slam3000 said:

Y'know, I think in some ways, Madonna has lost confidence in herself and her ideas. To me, this first became apparent with HC, and has been noticeable on her albums ever since - none of which really have a coherent vision and feel like lots of different sounds, thoughts and feelings that haven't been fully realised to their true potential.

Why she let Kanye anywhere near the  RH recording process is beyond me, since no one outside of his fanbase would be able to name more than a couple of singles, at most. He has no feel for a true pop sensibility and I doubt there's much overlap between their respective fanbases to generate wider interest.

Shep's Erotica Diaries really paints a picture of Madonna who knows exactly how she wants each song to sound and won't be swayed which, for example, led to the wondrous flamenco breakdown in Deeper and Deeper, in spite of his reservations.

Perhaps she needs to start by working with just a couple of songwriters and producers and find a direction  she's happy with and then bring in a just a couple more hands towards the end to give the project an extra jolt of energy (if need be). If nothing else, that's likely to result in a far more cohesive album than any of the last three.

But most of all, she needs to have faith in herself.

536644_600.gif

I see a growing trend where fans use their criticism of, particularly, her more recent work to define who they think she is now, and how she should (or should not) work...let alone define what has gone down behind closed doors. I mean, it's one thing to speculate and wonder...it's a whole other thing when these criticisms are passed off as "fact". 

15 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

I see a growing trend where fans use their criticism of, particularly, her more recent work to define who they think she is now, and how she should (or should not) work...let alone define what has gone down behind closed doors. I mean, it's one thing to speculate and wonder...it's a whole other thing when these criticisms are passed off as "fact". 

I'm not sure if that was directed at me, but my comment was only intended as an opinion, partly informed by things Madonna herself has said.

And you're perfectly entitled to disagree with me.

The funny thing is that had she released the double album, a chunk of her fans would have hated the "Rebel" release since some still can't seem to find enjoyment out of Unapologetic Bitch, Bitch I'm Madonna, Holy Water, Illuminati or a lot of the fun songs on the record. Which is sad because it would suck to not have gotten these songs.

The album most likely would have felt quite cohesive with the two themes separated. I hope she never listens to some of you and keeps having fun and making bops like Unapologetic Bitch

17 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

That doesn't change that the work was still 'in progress'.

That's true of course.