veroelectronica

Madonna working on a new album in 2007?

537 posts in this topic

The scorching hot tea being spilled in this thread by @VogueMusic, @Orion, and @Pedro is too much for my taste buds.

It's just not an argument about "working with one person" versus "working with a team of songwriters and producers".  IMO after she left Warner she gained 101% control of her musical output, so ever since MDNA she became the sole director of her records and started hiring whoever suitable to execute her ideas, whereas with records like ROL and Music, it felt more like a 50/50 collaborative piece of work. For the Rebel Heart album you can clearly tell everything was put together by her. I think she's still in the process of adjusting to this new recording method hence why her recent albums can get quite patchy and sometimes sloppy. 

27 minutes ago, loowee said:

It's just not an argument about "working with one person" versus "working with a team of songwriters and producers".  IMO after she left Warner she gained 101% control of her musical output, so ever since MDNA she became the sole director of her records and started hiring whoever suitable to execute her ideas, whereas with records like ROL and Music, it felt more like a 50/50 collaborative piece of work. For the Rebel Heart album you can clearly tell everything was put together by her. I think she's still in the process of adjusting to this new recording method hence why her recent albums can get quite patchy and sometimes sloppy. 

then why her idea of Rebel & Heart duppel album was rejected? It was a genius idea.

47 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

then why her idea of Rebel & Heart duppel album was rejected? It was a genius idea.

That seemed more like a contractual issue rather than an artistic one.

4 hours ago, loowee said:

dont agree.

5 minutes ago, MerGirl said:

Does Madonna own her masters?

She must of done some kind of deal with Warners when she left because they haven't done anything with her music legacy!

Thank God they haven't though!

4 hours ago, dollhouse said:

dont agree.

But WHO was interrupting her artistic choices at this point? Guy? LN has nothing to do with her albums, Interscope only does distribution.

The double album idea was brilliant for Rebel Heart. It was ambitious and something she had never done before

If she had %100 control it would have happened. She really was coming with bangers and ambition with RH. We still got a lot of it but damn the leaks ruined everything 

On 20. maaliskuuta 2017 at 2:29 AM, loowee said:

But WHO was interrupting her artistic choices at this point? Guy? LN has nothing to do with her albums, Interscope only does distribution.

her record company said NO.

On 3/19/2017 at 11:56 AM, loowee said:

At the time one of the many rumors about it, it was that she dropped the idea because of all demos was surfacing online, and she needed, because os this, put some songs to pre-order fast to please her fans.

This rumors was weeks before she dropped the first six songs of RH on iTunes. But I don't know this is real true. 

Posted (edited)

On 3/17/2017 at 7:02 AM, Mmmmm said:

I seriously think if RH sold millions, some people wouldn't be complaining about the "quality" of the album. 

Rebel Heart was a brilliant album, it's her lack of record company SUCKED BIG TIME! 

I think one of the many problems that her fans complained about RH, was that so many songs of the Demos was "better" than the official album versions. I can remember just like was yesterday, forum topics complaining about "Rebel Heart" and "Wash All Over Me", so as "Illuminati". 

Edited by RebelMe

Madonna herself said that she wanted to make it a double album but the label said no.

But don't you think the label said no because the hush to drop new songs on the platforms, like iTunes and Spotify, after the massive leaks? 

the hush drop of 6 songs on iTunes was a stupid move.

i mean you release all 3 singles right away? no wonder LFL, GT and BiM flopped.

On 16.3.2017 at 0:59 PM, karbatal said:

I was about to write something about the elusive future album but I saw this in the internet and was distracted 

211.gif

Lady Gaga backfiring with every new release?

50 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Yeah that was HUGE error.....no idea what could've possessed her to think that was a good move. 

9 hours ago, RebelMe said:

But don't you think the label said no because the hush to drop new songs on the platforms, like iTunes and Spotify, after the massive leaks? 

I think she wanted to do something like The 20/20 Experience. Part 1 and the Part 2 later. But with the leaks out there, she had to release all the songs together.

1 hour ago, caba1 said:

I think she wanted to do something like The 20/20 Experience. Part 1 and the Part 2 later. But with the leaks out there, she had to release all the songs together.

yes, I believe in this too, it is the only logic explanation. And it's sad, because Rebel & Heart would be an amazing masterpiece. :sadface:

4 hours ago, dollhouse said:

exactly, GT should ve been withheld.

Those 6 songs were all at the top of iTunes around the world. Does this not mean anything?

8 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

Those 6 songs were all at the top of iTunes around the world. Does this not mean anything?

no, they were nowhere to be seen in the charts

yes, It means, but in my vision, spoiled all the work that she was already doing. When the album was fully dropped, this six songs was "old" already. And wtf is the Rebel Heart EP on iTunes with the Super Deluxe songs? Why she didn't use the name "Rebel Heart Super Deluxe" with a LP on it, and a Digital Booklet, instead? 

The odd fact is if the leaks hadn't happened GT probably never would have been a single. The surprise release in December is what caused that to happen because of the fan reaction. They some how didn't know the gem they were sitting on.

If things had gone as planned then Devil Pray would have been single #2