veroelectronica

Madonna working on a new album in 2007?

537 posts in this topic

The scorching hot tea being spilled in this thread by @VogueMusic, @Orion, and @Pedro is too much for my taste buds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just not an argument about "working with one person" versus "working with a team of songwriters and producers".  IMO after she left Warner she gained 101% control of her musical output, so ever since MDNA she became the sole director of her records and started hiring whoever suitable to execute her ideas, whereas with records like ROL and Music, it felt more like a 50/50 collaborative piece of work. For the Rebel Heart album you can clearly tell everything was put together by her. I think she's still in the process of adjusting to this new recording method hence why her recent albums can get quite patchy and sometimes sloppy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, loowee said:

It's just not an argument about "working with one person" versus "working with a team of songwriters and producers".  IMO after she left Warner she gained 101% control of her musical output, so ever since MDNA she became the sole director of her records and started hiring whoever suitable to execute her ideas, whereas with records like ROL and Music, it felt more like a 50/50 collaborative piece of work. For the Rebel Heart album you can clearly tell everything was put together by her. I think she's still in the process of adjusting to this new recording method hence why her recent albums can get quite patchy and sometimes sloppy. 

then why her idea of Rebel & Heart duppel album was rejected? It was a genius idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

then why her idea of Rebel & Heart duppel album was rejected? It was a genius idea.

That seemed more like a contractual issue rather than an artistic one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, loowee said:

That seemed more like a contractual issue rather than an artistic one.

dont agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MerGirl said:

Does Madonna own her masters?

She must of done some kind of deal with Warners when she left because they haven't done anything with her music legacy!

Thank God they haven't though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dollhouse said:

dont agree.

But WHO was interrupting her artistic choices at this point? Guy? LN has nothing to do with her albums, Interscope only does distribution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The double album idea was brilliant for Rebel Heart. It was ambitious and something she had never done before

If she had %100 control it would have happened. She really was coming with bangers and ambition with RH. We still got a lot of it but damn the leaks ruined everything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20. maaliskuuta 2017 at 2:29 AM, loowee said:

But WHO was interrupting her artistic choices at this point? Guy? LN has nothing to do with her albums, Interscope only does distribution.

her record company said NO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2017 at 11:56 AM, loowee said:

That seemed more like a contractual issue rather than an artistic one.

At the time one of the many rumors about it, it was that she dropped the idea because of all demos was surfacing online, and she needed, because os this, put some songs to pre-order fast to please her fans.

This rumors was weeks before she dropped the first six songs of RH on iTunes. But I don't know this is real true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 3/17/2017 at 7:02 AM, Mmmmm said:

I seriously think if RH sold millions, some people wouldn't be complaining about the "quality" of the album. 

Rebel Heart was a brilliant album, it's her lack of record company SUCKED BIG TIME! 

I think one of the many problems that her fans complained about RH, was that so many songs of the Demos was "better" than the official album versions. I can remember just like was yesterday, forum topics complaining about "Rebel Heart" and "Wash All Over Me", so as "Illuminati". 

Edited by RebelMe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madonna herself said that she wanted to make it a double album but the label said no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But don't you think the label said no because the hush to drop new songs on the platforms, like iTunes and Spotify, after the massive leaks? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the hush drop of 6 songs on iTunes was a stupid move.

i mean you release all 3 singles right away? no wonder LFL, GT and BiM flopped.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16.3.2017 at 0:59 PM, karbatal said:

I was about to write something about the elusive future album but I saw this in the internet and was distracted 

211.gif

Lady Gaga backfiring with every new release?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

the hush drop of 6 songs on iTunes was a stupid move.

i mean you release all 3 singles right away? no wonder LFL, GT and BiM flopped.

 

Yeah that was HUGE error.....no idea what could've possessed her to think that was a good move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RebelMe said:

But don't you think the label said no because the hush to drop new songs on the platforms, like iTunes and Spotify, after the massive leaks? 

I think she wanted to do something like The 20/20 Experience. Part 1 and the Part 2 later. But with the leaks out there, she had to release all the songs together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caba1 said:

I think she wanted to do something like The 20/20 Experience. Part 1 and the Part 2 later. But with the leaks out there, she had to release all the songs together.

yes, I believe in this too, it is the only logic explanation. And it's sad, because Rebel & Heart would be an amazing masterpiece. :sadface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dollhouse said:

the hush drop of 6 songs on iTunes was a stupid move.

i mean you release all 3 singles right away? no wonder LFL, GT and BiM flopped.

 

exactly, GT should ve been withheld.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those 6 songs were all at the top of iTunes around the world. Does this not mean anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

Those 6 songs were all at the top of iTunes around the world. Does this not mean anything?

no, they were nowhere to be seen in the charts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes, It means, but in my vision, spoiled all the work that she was already doing. When the album was fully dropped, this six songs was "old" already. And wtf is the Rebel Heart EP on iTunes with the Super Deluxe songs? Why she didn't use the name "Rebel Heart Super Deluxe" with a LP on it, and a Digital Booklet, instead? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The odd fact is if the leaks hadn't happened GT probably never would have been a single. The surprise release in December is what caused that to happen because of the fan reaction. They some how didn't know the gem they were sitting on.

If things had gone as planned then Devil Pray would have been single #2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now