veroelectronica

Madonna working on a new album in 2007?

537 posts in this topic

Not happening. I'm excited about the movie project tbh

I truly wish. In fact i already hate the movie because it means no album, hahaha. Well, no hate but you know what I mean. 

But unless she has already recorded the album and all the videos like that turd did with Lemonade, and she just drops it and goes to direct the movie and skips the tour... then it's IMPOSSIBLE. Unless the movie has some songs on it. 

1 hour ago, Anne said:

Not happening. I'm excited about the movie project tbh

How do you know it's not happening?

59 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I truly wish. In fact i already hate the movie because it means no album, hahaha. Well, no hate but you know what I mean. 

But unless she has already recorded the album and all the videos like that turd did with Lemonade, and she just drops it and goes to direct the movie and skips the tour... then it's IMPOSSIBLE. Unless the movie has some songs on it. 

Same. I finally just read the Harper's interview (instead of just staring at the gorgeous pictures) and was so disappointed to see the movie front and center ...

Our only hope for new music is a covers album. She did so many covers during the Rebel Heart era -- "Send in the Clowns," "La Vie en Rose," "Between the Bars," "Toxic, "Rebel Rebel," "Nothing Compares 2 U" ... -- that she already has the arrangements done for an entire album. I pray we get something like this to hold us over, but I know it'll never happen ...

It takes 3 years for her to complete a movie so her next album would be out in 2020 at the earliest. If we want an album that is not rushed: then we ll get an album in 2021. 

Dear god PLEASE!!!!  Let this be true!!  And let it be released in 2017. 

IMG_0153.GIF

1 hour ago, elijah said:

It takes 3 years for her to complete a movie so her next album would be out in 2020 at the earliest. If we want an album that is not rushed: then we ll get an album in 2021. 

That's a bit... depressing 

But (that's a LARGE butt)....look how many songs we got (demos) before RH!!  Who knows how many she's got "stored" and waiting for either movie, album or both?  She doesn't stop, does she (thank God)!!!?  She's a lot move savvy than most of us (or at least me).  I just want all the hidden gems + a GOOD movie all meshed into ONE!!!  Is that too much to ask? 

37 minutes ago, todsmod said:

But (that's a LARGE butt)....look how many songs we got (demos) before RH!!  Who knows how many she's got "stored" and waiting for either movie, album or both?  She doesn't stop, does she (thank God)!!!?  She's a lot move savvy than most of us (or at least me).  I just want all the hidden gems + a GOOD movie all meshed into ONE!!!  Is that too much to ask? 

She didn't do a movie between MDNA and Rebel Heart, though. The wait between RH and the next album will probably be similar to that of Hard Candy and MDNA -- this time with no Celebration in between.

6 minutes ago, material_boy said:

She didn't do a movie between MDNA and Rebel Heart, though. The wait between RH and the next album will probably be similar to that of Hard Candy and MDNA -- this time with no Celebration in between.

I don't think that she's in that frame of mind or time anymore, she's having a complete different energy and outlook regarding her media presence and her work. We know she's a hard worker but there's a new urgency in her attitude.

I'm positive that we will see, hear and feel Madonna much more, just like we have seen her in the last two months 

2 hours ago, elijah said:

hz2.gif

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I don't think that she's in that frame of mind or time anymore, she's having a complete different energy and outlook regarding her meda presence and her work. We know she's a hard worker but there's a new urgency in her attitude.

I'm positive that we will see, hear and feel Madonna much more, just like we have seen her in the last two months 

No one is suggesting she'll fall of the face of the planet. But new music anytime in the next several years is highly unlikely. Her musical output has slowed dramatically, and she seems far more interested in this movie right now.

4 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

it's strange because some reviews say it's her best album since ROL

Not when this masterpiece exist

Confessions_On_A_Dancefloor.jpg

I do not think she will ever make an album the way she did MDNA or promote an album that way again. She maintained a media presence last year ever after the tour was ended. Also I've never seen her actually acknowledge the fact that her music isn't getting played because of her age before and that's why she loves her shows so people can hear her new music. Definitely feel like we will be getting something music related

Rebel Heart is a fantastic record and it's one of my favorites of hers. Some of the tracks are some of my favorite songs she's ever made.  Some of her records since ROL are more cohesive like MUSIC, Confessions etc than RH but RH has some truly outstanding tracks that outshine some of the big tracks from both.  I think had it been shorter fans would be instantly putting it in the higher pantheon of her albums.

I mean honestly it doesn't get much better than: LFL, DP, GT, UB in a row which open the album. 

I think she has a lot to say right now. I don't know if she can wait 3 years to release another album.

With that being said, I'm looking forward to the movie. :horn:

Maybe in the meantime she can release an Avicii RH remix EP or a collection of rarities/unreleased material (I can dream can't I?)

26 minutes ago, DitaDolla said:

Not when this masterpiece exist

Confessions_On_A_Dancefloor.jpg

I know that's a fantastic highly regarded album, I love it and love that the GP loved it.

16 minutes ago, Arnian said:

I do not think she will ever make an album the way she did MDNA or promote an album that way again. She maintained a media presence last year ever after the tour was ended. Also I've never seen her actually acknowledge the fact that her music isn't getting played because of her age before and that's why she loves her shows so people can hear her new music. Definitely feel like we will be getting something music related

Rebel Heart is a fantastic record and it's one of my favorites of hers. Some of the tracks are some of my favorite songs she's ever made.  Some of her records since ROL are more cohesive like MUSIC, Confessions etc than RH but RH has some truly outstanding tracks that outshine some of the big tracks from both.  I think had it been shorter fans would be instantly putting it in the higher pantheon of her albums.

I mean honestly it doesn't get much better than: LFL, DP, GT, UB in a row which open the album. 

:inlove:

+100000

i also love how long it is. 

I don't think we'll be getting an album anytime soon. Maybe in 2019.

i hope its a christmas album

3 hours ago, elijah said:

2021 my ass.  No way.  She must keep her quota of four albums a decade.  2017 and 2019 will be the next two.

1 hour ago, Arnian said:

Some of her records since ROL are more cohesive like MUSIC

Funny you say that, I think it's her most eclectic and diverse album next to RH and MDNA.

Israel said after the TOAC show in Miami he heard the next tour will be in 2019 so expect a New Album late 2018/early 2019!

4 hours ago, elijah said:

It won't be that long because you have to keep in mind she has already been working on research for the movie and writing the screenplay. She started before Rebel Heart. I predict a new album in the middle or fall of 2018 with a tour in 2019. 

she could possibly just take the leftover demos from Rebel Heart

spruce them up...and make that second album she wanted in first place