veroelectronica

Madonna working on a new album in 2007?

521 posts in this topic

On 3/10/2017 at 0:35 AM, MonsieurB said:

Since the release of her album, Music in 2000, Madonna has been releasing a new album about every two or three years. If we go by that, we are due for a new record from her in either 2017 or 2018.

:blink:

She's released five studio albums in the 17 years since "Music." That's one album every three and a half years, not "every two or three."

it's been two years since REBEL HEART... hope she gets inspired soon to write new songs... I hope she does it the same way like Rebel Heart again... lots of songs, just push out Kanye of the recording and producing sessions, and no more leaks...

I hope for 20+ songs (plus demos after the album has been published) the more the better!!! 

I'm still not done with Rebel Heart ❤️ 

Rebel Hear will live forever!

On 3/13/2017 at 9:35 PM, material_boy said:

She's released five studio albums in the 17 years since "Music." That's one album every three and a half years, not "every two or three."

3 and a half still a good figure considering her age and how her tours basically tripled the time now

3 hours ago, Starman said:

Music to American Life < 3 years

American Life to Confessions < 3 years 

Confessions to Hard Candy < 3 years

Let's not be so critical of every detail posted.  I see where the original post was going.  Don't insist on precision if you aren't gonna bring it.  Just saying.... we all love the Queen.  Let's be kinder to one another and enjoy each other a bit more.  It bothers me that some people have to attack other fans for such trivial matters.  It makes others leary to post.

I'm sure that we are getting new album by November 2018 and I'm ok with it, she has the movie and hopefully a new song for it to build hype too it's not like she's disappearing.

M14 - Q4/2018

i don't want a movie (unless it has her nude!!!) give me an album Madonna!!!

On 3/10/2017 at 4:45 PM, VogueMusic said:

By that kind of "alternative fact"? Of course not.

It's just another personal opinion masquerading as a fact.  No one person alone can make a definitive statement on the final public perception of those works. Combined with all the industry's politics that her work has to face, the question is does the general public even know the work is out there, and is the work even being given fair play so the public can even construct an overall opinion of it?

Even just for RH, it was one of the most well reviewed albums of her work in years, with songs like Ghosttown topping quite a few year-end lists. Even just to speak of personal experience, many of us fans have said when we play recent Madonna music for casual listeners, the response to her work is often extremely positive, but of course, they didn't really even know of it.

:clap:

One of the most sensible comments I've seen on this topic. The quality of her work is always subjective. It's funny people always say "she needs to bring ROL level"....well, I personally know a few people that went off of Madonna because of that album. Now, I know that wasn't the overall opinion of most....but at least they got to form an opinion because they knew of it's existence. Yet, one of the same people that didn't care for ROL became absolutely obsessed with MDNA.....once she knew about it. The question isn't the quality of her work, it's the exposure of her work that's diminished. As you say, a lot of that is simply industry politics. 

1. She has to have some sort of push from a record company or someone

2. She has to have radio airplay

Without those things she won't have hits. Period. As time marches on, record companies aren't going to fight to "push" her and radio airplay has been dead in the water for over a decade in now in some territories. It was only a matter of time until the rest of the world caught on to that. With that said, there's no reason that a lead Madonna single should NOT chart ANYWHERE in the world hardly......that's absurd....BUT, it all goes back to, how much is a "record company", "promoter" or whatever willing to invest in a 50-60 something artist?? Are they going to invest in that or a quick buck from the newest "hot" 21 yr old? I was watching an interview with Stevie Nicks just the other day actually. She was talking about the In Your Dreams album and how it got praised by critics, she did EVERYTHING she could to promote, toured etc and still nobody bought it. Madonna fans simply HAVE to accept that this is a different ballgame now and adjust their expectations. It's either that or be perpetually disappointed. 

2 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

I'm sure that we are getting new album by November 2018 and I'm ok with it, she has the movie and hopefully a new song for it to build hype too it's not like she's disappearing.

M14 - Q4/2018

I think that will be the earliest, I'm thinking since she likes Spring releases so much, March/April 2019 followed by Summer/Fall tour. 

15 hours ago, Pedro said:

I hope for 20+ songs (plus demos after the album has been published) the more the better!!! 

I'd be happier with quality over quantity this time around. 

I'd be happy with solid 12 songs album that has a theme, preferably something really inspirational and unlike anything we've heard from her before. I wand some fun summer music with ambient sounds and catchy melodies and earthy beats and drums. 

Her entire image should change too. I want her to get in touch with the African cultures on a more personal level, adopting some of the African styles and looks. It'd be great if she did something completely different with her hair too, like dark brown long curls that she could wear in interesting styles. I donno. I want something completely different but believable. She pulled it off so well with Ray of Light Hindu image. We knew it was real because she lived it. She's so into Malawi now, why not get creative in that? 

5 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

I'd be happier with quality over quantity this time around. 

I prefer a well crafted 10-11 songs album. Still, RH delivered great songs. 

23 hours ago, Pedro said:

SAME!

23 hours ago, dollhouse said:

Rebel Hear will live forever!

YES!

While we all patiently wait, she could just give us an album of unreleased/unheard material.  I'd be happy with that.....for now!  I think we really got spoiled last time with so many new songs/demos.  There were too many surprises.  I felt like a kid in a candy store!  But, nothing's better than MOORRREEEEE!!!

2 hours ago, Katypatra said:

I'd be happy with solid 12 songs album that has a theme, preferably something really inspirational and unlike anything we've heard from her before. I wand some fun summer music with ambient sounds and catchy melodies and earthy beats and drums. 

Her entire image should change too. I want her to get in touch with the African cultures on a more personal level, adopting some of the African styles and looks. It'd be great if she did something completely different with her hair too, like dark brown long curls that she could wear in interesting styles. I donno. I want something completely different but believable. She pulled it off so well with Ray of Light Hindu image. We knew it was real because she lived it. She's so into Malawi now, why not get creative in that? 

The cultural appropriation warriors would crucify her. Ivy league college kids would flood social media with disapproving statements... the media would create many articles based on these twitter statements (because that's newsworthy apparently). Then The View and all of those shows for women that don't work would have the usual "she's so out of touch" or "she's not acting her age" commentary.... 

Come to think of it... she should do it just to piss everyone off. :lmao:

eca67fae83b4791de217fe6fb2b89aec.jpg?w=7

Just now, mnino said:

The cultural appropriation warriors would crucify her. Ivy league college kids would flood social media with disapproving statements... the media would create many articles based on these twitter statements (because that's newsworthy apparently). Then The View and all of those shows for women that don't work would have the usual "she's so out of touch" or "she's not acting her age" commentary.... 

SJW im triggered!!!

46 minutes ago, Robin said:

SJW im triggered!!!

:lmao:

63607236.jpg

17 hours ago, Starman said:

3 and a half still a good figure considering her age and how her tours basically tripled the time now

Didn't say otherwise, though the waits between albums are sometimes unbearable now that soundtrack singles have gone out of fashion.

13 hours ago, sul8323 said:

Music to American Life < 3 years

American Life to Confessions < 3 years 

Confessions to Hard Candy < 3 years

Let's not be so critical of every detail posted.  I see where the original post was going.  Don't insist on precision if you aren't gonna bring it.  Just saying.... we all love the Queen.  Let's be kinder to one another and enjoy each other a bit more.  It bothers me that some people have to attack other fans for such trivial matters.  It makes others leary to post.

Pointing out that someone did math wrong is being overly critical? The poster didn't even write the post, it was copied and pasted from another website. The post was almost entirely speculative, and one of the few pieces of non-speculation (lag time between releases) was wrong. I pointed that out, and you think that's over the line? My goodness, child, how did you survive the "American Life" years? :lol:

3 hours ago, mnino said:

eca67fae83b4791de217fe6fb2b89aec.jpg?w=7

yep!! 

it would be nice if Madonna would releases another ROL/LAP/Music/... to shut the haters up. really showcase her talent. work with ONE writer or/and producer, and really promote the fact that she's a songwriter and producer. its so annoying and horrible that someone like madonna is still so disrespected as the talent and hard worker she is. I know I shouldn't care as Im a fan, but fuck our girl deserves so much better. especially as there's stupid pop girls who get all the respect for doing shit

let's not mutha fuckin leak the next one.   we may have just had a "new ray of light."   we fucked it up.

1 hour ago, AmericanLife95825 said:

let's not mutha fuckin leak the next one.   we may have just had a "new ray of light."   we fucked it up.

We didn't leak the album though?

1 hour ago, AmericanLife95825 said:

and it wasn't a new ray of light. we know what we got...leaked, released and everything in-between. as good as it was, none of it was groundbreaking or would've been accepted as something brilliant. it was a solid record. she needs to go in a different direction.