MadonnaNation.com Forums
veroelectronica

Madonna working on a new album in 1957?

Kurt420    0

I hope you guys are right! Let's hope we get a surprise album later this year. It seems as though the movie is going to be somewhat political and relevant to today's climate. That seems to be in line with her current state of mind. As someone else mentioned perhaps and "I'm Breathless" style "from and inspired by...." type of album that's tied to the movie will work. I actually like the idea of there being 2 albums and then a tour....movie/album 2017-2018......album/tour 2019

LVX    0
5 hours ago, Aries said:

plus I wonder if she would return to WB, as Prince did just last year

That would be a smart move.

Pedro    0
5 hours ago, LVX said:

That would be a smart move.

Why, What happened? Do you know the general info about why and how he returned? 🤔

He didn't have a touring contract as big as M I would think, maybe she can mix things like she did before this 10 year deal. 

LVX    0
1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Why, What happened? Do you know the general info about why and how he returned? 🤔

He didn't have a touring contract as big as M I would think, maybe she can mix things like she did before this 10 year deal. 

I just meant that WB would probably handle her better than LN.

Pedro    0
2 minutes ago, LVX said:

:thumbsup:

elijah    0
5 hours ago, LVX said:

Anyone would manage her better. They sabotaged her career and she in a way did too (taking 4 years to make WE, another 3 here). WB did great in 2005, from todays perspective, even in 2008...

Confessit    0
23 minutes ago, elijah said:

Anyone would manage her better. They sabotaged her career and she in a way did too (taking 4 years to make WE, another 3 here). WB did great in 2005, from todays perspective, even in 2008...

Madonna was the hottest act WB had and handled her as much.

Madonna doesn't have that star appeal to Universal.

Starman    0
43 minutes ago, elijah said:

These are all her choices

warner would just push the albums earliers

Pedro    0
29 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Madonna was the hottest act WB had and handled her as much.

Madonna doesn't have that star appeal to Universal.

Why would the third most successful act ever (the other two dead or inactive anymore) would not be appealing to any company? She still sells very good compared to other, maybe not to the top 5 sellers of the year but she still is an extraordinary source of business. I would think... It's an honest question... 

horn    0
18 hours ago, LVX said:

LN was not the one that distributes her album.

It's UMG.

Since it's just a distribution deal, they wont do much for the promotion.

LVX    0
40 minutes ago, horn said:

LN was not the one that distributes her album.

It's UMG.

Since it's just a distribution deal, they wont do much for the promotion.

Oh. Well, all the more reason to go back to WB.

horn    0
5 hours ago, LVX said:

Oh. Well, all the more reason to go back to WB.

Yes.

LN had expressed they won't be including the music contract in the future deal therefore M will have to find a new record company... and please NO DIY.

Kilt    0

I think you all should lower your expectations and make less assumptions

Starman    0

She left WB because she wasnt happy , I dont see M returning, and back then everybody hated warning

Its only now we know how worse the things could be without them

Confessit    0
1 hour ago, Starman said:

She left WB because she wasnt happy , I dont see M returning, and back then everybody hated warning

Its only now we know how worse the things could be without them

I don't think she left because she wasn't happy. She released a beautiful leaving statement thanking WB for 25 years of commitment to her and stressed how many artist can say they have enjoyed just 1 continuous record company.

She left for the mega bucks deal. Who can blame her the return for her financially has been incredible, but unfortuanlty her music career commercially has suffered as a direct hit from what she signed upto.

Madonnas promotion of her music was getting less and less and in the end by the time Hard Candy arrived, it was just her tour that took centre stage.

Had she of still been at WB, they would of pushed for a lot more than just the super bowl to promote MDNA, but the new contract freed her up to just concentrate on the tour, Universal simply distributed the album with no expectation of anything more, WB would of laid out a lot more for commercial gain.

It seemed 4'years later with Rebel Heart she choose to re-visit more traditional promo, but with by then in so many territories globally it had simply been too long since her last commercial penetration with music, and that leads us to where she is currently sitting, commercially as an artist.

karbatal    0

I do wonder what she thinks.  She's never verbal about the things that happen behind the curtain. 

Confessit    0
19 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I do wonder what she thinks.  She's never verbal about the things that happen behind the curtain. 

I wonder too but she has been vocal about the fact radio won't play acts of her age, and she's right about that regardless of what record company she is signed up with.

My only counter argument to that is with WB she was knocking 50 and had one of her most successful singles of her entire career, and of this century.

Everybody talks about Universal/LN deal being the nail on her commercial coffin, but MNDA and Rebel Heart are not her best/killer albums/singles....

...I suspect that's a main reason commercially she dipped so low. #justsaying 

Aries    0

It's never too late...everybody knows Prince was unhappy (but went back)

and George Michael was unhappy (and went back)

i believe they would welcome her with open arms and let her rule the roost

again, she just has to give a little...sometimes she listens to the wrong advice

Kurt420    0
3 hours ago, Kilt said:

I think you all should lower your expectations and make less assumptions

Exactly. I think some are in for a rude awakening these next ten years....lol....regardless of who she signed with ten years ago or does or doesn't sign with going forward. This year marks 35 years since she released her first single. She will be 60 next year. Perspective people. Even if she did go back to WB, it's not likely that the same people that were there in her golden years are there now. It's prob new, young faces that frankly, wouldn't treat her any differently than any other act. Probably with less worth tbqh. Prince didn't all of a sudden start having radio hits when he went back to WB and didn't Rebel Heart even outsell his WB album? Nooooo shade at all towards Prince btw....just sayin though....I wouldn't expect miracles even if she does go back to WB.

I truly don't think it matters where the hell she goes or who she signs with. A record label and/or the smartest people in the world isn't going to take her back to her days of Top 10 hits. I think, at most, she has just one fluke Top 10 hit left. This isn't a knock her or her music, it's just the way things are. 

I mean, if she can't even crack the Billboard Top 100 with a song like Ghosttown after performing it on several television shows, with Taylor Swift, AND with the amount of promo she put into the entire era, then I just don't believe it can happen. A record label can't cure an ageist society, sadly. 

Confessit    0
6 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

I truly don't think it matters where the hell she goes or who she signs with. A record label and/or the smartest people in the world isn't going to take her back to her days of Top 10 hits. I think, at most, she has just one fluke Top 10 hit left. This isn't a knock her or her music, it's just the way things are. 

I mean, if she can't even crack the Billboard Top 100 with a song like Ghosttown after performing it on several television shows, with Taylor Swift, AND with the amount of promo she put into the entire era, then I just don't believe it can happen. A record label can't cure an ageist society, sadly. 

True but then again the strategy could of been a lot stronger for the release, particularly globally.

But I disagree with the right song I think she could have a last big resurgence like Cher did with Believe.

But the song has to be a killer, on the level of Music and Hung Up.

Living for Love and GMAYL were too weak with everything against her she needs the best single if her career on her hands and the best strategy.

Pedro    0
10 minutes ago, Confessit said:

True but then again the strategy could of been a lot stronger for the release, particularly globally.

But I disagree with the right song I think she could have a last big resurgence like Cher did with Believe.

But the song has to be a killer, on the level of Music and Hung Up.

Living for Love and GMAYL were too weak with everything against her she needs the best single if her career on her hands and the best strategy.

Agreed, maybe she won't get a top 10 in the radio, but there could be plenty strategic deals to get the song heard through different channels that the traditional one, and get the singles exposed to a larger audience. 

Ghost town was an eye opener. Of all the songs that should have gone straight to number 1 and it didn't even crack the top 100?. It should have received some kind of airplay too but I don't think it really did. 

I still think, however, that she can get to the top 10 again.  It will require a "re-invention" an effective promotional campaign, 

she just needs to find the right producers, not because they are popular, but because they compliment her the best, to help with what she's got written.

Starman    0

She lost all radio support even in europe and countries like brazil where she didnt face ageism and her singles would chart great instantly.

And to combine that she hasnt released an strong 1st single since 4 Minutes and is chasing trends to compete with younger acts instead of offering something different like she did in the past.

I dont blame her because she clearly have other priorities right now but the revenue of the tours are down and she finally felt on.her and guy's pocket.