veroelectronica

Madonna working on a new album in 1957?

789 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Aries said:

she could possibly just take the leftover demos from Rebel Heart

spruce them up...and make that second album she wanted in first place

That crossed my mind too. 

Truth is she might be working on a new album at this very moment and we are left in a limbo. I know directing a film takes time and a certain amount of effort and dedication but we also know that Madonna's a workaholic and she can multi task. What strikes me the most from her latest interview is how she reflected on her past albums. I find it very interesting she mentioned Erotica and American Life, two of her most controversial works. And she also revealed how she will be less mysterious this time around. I'm sure an album will always be in the pipeline but considering her latest speeches and passion in her beliefs and the state of the world as it stands now she might want to put something out asap. I grasp a sense of urgency from her lately. Also let's not forget how she likes to promote different projects at the same time so maybe we can possibly have album and film around the same time. If she chooses the right collaborators and producers she can do no wrong imho.  

3 hours ago, WeboGirl said:

2021 my ass.  No way.  She must keep her quota of four albums a decade.  2017 and 2019 will be the next two.

I agree with you - I don't see the 2010's having just two albums - three maybe the least (like in the 90's) - but not two. It will be hard for me if she releases an album and skips touring it because of the movie (like BTS and ROL getting cheated a tour because of her movie involvement). It will have been nice if she was able to push Evita somehow where we got a BTS tour. To choose between TNBT and an ROL tour- I will have chosen tour. As I am hoping for more albums, as you are, maybe she can at least release new ep's or some kind of compilation with new songs and videos to tide us over. At least through the 90's we had IB, TIC, STR, and Celebration between HC and MNDA. This decade alone has been MDNA and RH only along with the live album for MDNA. If she were to release a new album this year, but not tour because of the movie, I will hope for a video album to accompany it, then she can tour in 2019 with that album, and give us a show to die for with the amazing new music. 

2 hours ago, Aries said:

I can go for this. There is even "albums" on Youtube with these songs. One, if i can remember correctly is unofficially fan made called Revolution, and it has 12 songs not on RH. I didn't take it seriously, because I am not sure if the songs were real, but we know there are a lot of left overs like Queen we all know and love. 

We will get an album in late 2018 or 2019. Whoever said 2021 is being hyperbolic.

Well, she hasn't actually recorded new songs since 2014, so I'm sure she has written lots of new ideas and getting demos in, so she would definitely be ready to record new material. And we know she can easily record an albums worth in 3 weeks.  Plus, if she has one more album with live nation (who knows?) she would need to get that out soon. 

Please guys don't get your hopes up, Film is coming first then album so don't expect anything till late 2018 at the earliest. Early 2019 is more realistic with a tour following in Summer/Fall 2019!

8 hours ago, Aries said:

Yea you right!!!  Queen, Two Steps Behind Me, Never Let You Go, Tragic Girl (plus MANY others).....all of those missed opportunities are surely enough to make a descent album.  Or she can do just a demo/left-over album?   

She did so many song last time, i don't see her recording any more.

2 hours ago, dollhouse said:

So you think she's done with her recording music?

2 hours ago, dollhouse said:

stupidest-thing-ive-ever-heard.gif

I fear this thread will go on and on, all the way to December 31st 2017.

I can definitely see her starting the creative process this year. She has a lot to say. Can't see a release before 2018/19 however 

I predict a massive release out of nowhere. Mark my words. :tigger:

I hope I am alone in this opinion, because she clearly LOVES it,  but for me TOAC was nice as a one time idea.  The Malawi TOAC left me cold and I am not interested interested in random clown performances where she vents her opinions dressed with a pink wig.  But IMO that's what we can expect while she films the project. 

I want albums.  I don't need tours.  I'd rather have more music from her as much as possible. 

And, I especially don't want films.  Her current quota:

80s: Madonna, Like A Virgin, True Blue, Like A Prayer

90s: I'm Breathless, Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Ray Of Light

00s: Music, American Life, Confessions On A Dance Floor, Hard Candy

10s: MDNA, Rebel Heart,

She needs to release two more studio albums this decade to keep me happy.  And keeping me happy should be her highest priority.

:queenbitch:

8 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

Agreed! I suspect the same thing...

9 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Agreed! I suspect the same thing...

I hope you're right!!!!!

On 12/1/2017 at 0:02 PM, Aries said:

she might have to play the payola game

Or hit big on Spotify.

I would be surprised if this is true. I have a feeling based on what we've heard that M will probably shoot her movie first and release new music in 2018. And I'm fine with that.

1 hour ago, Alexz said:

Or hit big on Spotify.

She only needs a song with Ariana and there you have it.

1 minute ago, eroticerotic said:

pretty sure her next will be every fan's wet dream :D

This is correct. 

I see M doing an "Apple Music" exclusive surprise release (hopefully later this year). Since the leaks of RH, I doubt we will get any shred of evidence that she is indeed working on a record while filming a movie. Security will be so tight this go round. We may not know who she will be working with on the record unless someone spills the tea.

I would assume a Tidal exclusive first before released elsewhere

plus I wonder if she would return to WB, as Prince did just last year