MadonnaNation.com Forums
Mmmmm

Madonna on Harper's Bazaar cover February 2017 issue

Nightshade    0
8 hours ago, XXL said:

Considering those June 16 IG shots I think it's possible if not probable that she did that shoot around the same time she met Obama on Jimmy Fallon. Hair looks kind of the same, the waves

Yes, I believe it happened on June 7th, the day before she shot the Obama/Fallon show. 

GOD    0
9 hours ago, realityisalways said:

1991%20-%20Madonna%20by%20Steven%20Meise

tumblr_n3xk6uycvM1qlycwjo1_r1_500.jpg

What's the inspiration/theme of this shoot?

FreeMySoul    0

Such a gorgeous look would love to see her glam like this outside of photo shoots as well 

I've always thought that if she wouldn't have been contemporary with us, she would have been great in the silent movie era ❤

Butter9    0
9 hours ago, MadFan said:

Holy shit does she look like JEAN HARLOW here.

tumblr_ojdpmhmv0l1tv4goyo1_1280.jpg

All fabulous!

I really love this photo . I actually prefer it to the cover !

JWAD    0

She looks great but god this look has been done to death. It looks like a Justify My Love rehash from the MDNA Tour. We need a new look!

1 hour ago, Butter9 said:

I really love this photo . I actually prefer it to the cover !

This. Absolutely stunning. 

Kurt420    0
9 hours ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

Love it...she really channels another era in that photo. It doesn't just look like someone playing dress up.

THIS!!

That's what always amazes me about her old school Hollywood homages. It's always been that way too. She's never looked "cheap" or like you say, like she's playing dress up or something. It's that face. It's classic, unique.....love her. Compare any of her old Hollywood shoots to something like the Britney and Lindsay Marilyn homages.....they just looked so cheap to me. They just don't have the faces for something like that. 

Kurt420    0
4 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

I've always thought that if she wouldn't have been contemporary with us, she would have been great in the silent movie era ❤

YES!! She is a good actress.....it just so happens a lot of her best acting is when she's not speaking in her music videos....lol. Also, to me, a lot of times what's considered her "bad" acting is very reminiscent of old school acting style from those early 30's-50's films.

loowee    0
2 hours ago, JWAD said:

She looks great but god this look has been done to death. It looks like a Justify My Love rehash from the MDNA Tour. We need a new look!

I honestly feel like she's done with drastic reinventions and is content with her old Hollywood glamour/rebel sex queen styles.

Shaun    0
3 minutes ago, loowee said:

I honestly feel like she's done with drastic reinventions and is content with her old Hollywood glamour/rebel sex queen styles.

I agree. And I love it. We have plenty to pour over from the last 34 years. This look suits her so wonderfully.

JWAD    0
6 minutes ago, loowee said:

I want to see more of the Ghosttown/Bardot Met Gala look. I lived for that look, it should have been the tour hairstyle. What I really want is a look similar to the amazing 1995 Versace shoot

IMG_8381.JPG

horn    0
20 hours ago, Mmmmm said:

IMG_1339.PNG

I love love LOVE the old Hollywood glam

2 hours ago, JWAD said:

I want to see more of the Ghosttown/Bardot Met Gala look. I lived for that look, it should have been the tour hairstyle. What I really want is a look similar to the amazing 1995 Versace shoot

IMG_8381.JPG

+1

Digo    0
15 hours ago, Gus said:

UK edition

11-11-18-madonna-harpers-bazaar-uk-01.jpg

Thank you for the images! I love it.

Nightshade    0
10 hours ago, GOD said:

What's the inspiration/theme of this shoot?

It's the Flesh & Fantasy shoot by Meisel for Rolling Stone in 1991 (notable: this featured the interview with Carrie Fisher). The inspiration/theme was the work of Hungarian–French photographer, Brassaï. He rose to fame as "the Eye of Paris" in between the two World Wars. His 1933 book entitled Paris de nuit (Paris by Night) is considered the template for Madonna's own SEX book and in many ways, this Meisel shoot was the immediate precursor to that project.

Nora    0

Can't stop staring at this beautiful photo :wow:

GOD    0
39 minutes ago, Nightshade said:

It's the Flesh & Fantasy shoot by Meisel for Rolling Stone in 1991 (notable: this featured the interview with Carrie Fisher). The inspiration/theme was the work of Hungarian–French photographer, Brassaï. He rose to fame as "the Eye of Paris" in between the two World Wars. His 1933 book entitled Paris de nuit (Paris by Night) is considered the template for Madonna's own SEX book and in many ways, this Meisel shoot was the immediate precursor to that project.

Thanks will look it up. Btw, Carrie Fisher interviewed Madonna?