jonski43

Immaculate Collection colored vinyl US/Canada release; + Other Vinyl Chat

217 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Mattress said:

THIS 2017 EDITION LOOKS GLORIOUS IN PERSON. :wow:

God it's a relief to see Rhino/Warner Bros handle these special limited editions so well!! Sturdy, gatefold cover with matte finish and original inner sleeves all printed with perfect color grading, clear and correct fonts and the shiny gold ink (was worried they would miss this detail). The colored wax looks INCREDIBLE. Can't wait to spin it in a few hours!

Mattress, please give your audio analysis on this vinyl release--I'd love to know your opinion, as always. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine shipped today too from B&N, can't wait to have it :inlove:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got 3 from Barnes and Nobles. All came with a cleaning cloth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^Rhino's site said the cloths were a B&N exclusive, so you best have, especially when buying three. :gent:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still haven't got mine... :banghead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wait when did this happen!!!!! lol in canada too!??!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

wait when did this happen!!!!! lol in canada too!??!

GIF_jessica_lange_paleyfest_2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just picked a copy @ Barnes & Noble. It's very pretty. I forgot to ask about the cloth and calender:banghead:

Edited by MaddyFanatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, MaddyFanatic said:

I just picked a copy @ Barnes & Noble. It's very pretty. I forgot to ask about the cloth and calender:banghead:

Couldn't you go back with your receipt?

I got the notification mine has shipped although it won't be until late Feb until it arrives!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening right now, finally! Almost done with side three. Sounds excellent so far. Correct album master, crystal clear with virtually zero surface noise. Were it not for the slightest amount of sibilance when she hits an "s" it could almost be mistaken for the CD. :grins:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OH MY GOD "EXPRESS YOURSELF".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Side four might be mastered at a lower volume than the other three (it is the longest). The bass on this is great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mattress said:

Listening right now, finally! Almost done with side three. Sounds excellent so far. Correct album master, crystal clear with virtually zero surface noise. Were it not for the slightest amount of sibilance when she hits an "s" it could almost be mistaken for the CD. :grins:

Tho the original pressing from 1990 still sounds better because it has a better dynamic range. It is on par with all of the 2012/2016 re-releases which is ok but not as good as their original counterparts.

Mine has arrived today...not bad it only took them a handful of days to ship it across the pond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm so lucky that barnes and nobles made a mistake, they charged me the freight cost for  international air mail but sent with the ups express! a great surprise☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine was shipped too :inlove:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick off-topic question:

I still don't have "Like A Virgin" on vinyl and am wondering if I should get a second hand copy of an original issue or the re-issue. Which master was used for that? Does it sound the same as the 2001 CD remaster? Those sounded horrendously compressed and lifeless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just bought 2 of this greatest pop record ever from my indie vinyl store.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a BRAND NEW unopened original pressing of the 1990 vinyl. Still sealed I'm selling for $100 bux if anyone is interested message me !!! I have PayPal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hesitated thinking "my local Barnes & Noble will have a few in stock".  WRONG!!  Amazon wanted $150!!!  Found one in Ohio for $30 at a record store....the shit better be real!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2017 at 9:45 AM, mnino said:

I still haven't got mine... :banghead:

 

Me neither!  I'm proscrasting. 

Maybe I'll go tonight. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Illuminati said:

Quick off-topic question:

I still don't have "Like A Virgin" on vinyl and am wondering if I should get a second hand copy of an original issue or the re-issue. Which master was used for that? Does it sound the same as the 2001 CD remaster? Those sounded horrendously compressed and lifeless.

I would buy the original release/edition from 1984, VG+ even NM- copies can easily be found, are inexpensive and sound better.

I do not know which master they used. If I had to guess I would even give them the benefit of a doubt and say they used the original masters but f-ed it up during the pressing phase. The highs are not as clear as they should be on most of the 2012/16 re-releases, STR being the only noteworthy exclusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

I would buy the original release/edition from 1984, VG+ even NM- copies can easily be found, are inexpensive and sound better.

I do not know which master they used. If I had to guess I would even give them the benefit of a doubt and say they used the original masters but f-ed it up during the pressing phase. The highs are not as clear as they should be on most of the 2012/16 re-releases, STR being the only noteworthy exclusion.

Thank you! I'll go for an original copy then. Btw the STR vinyl sounds really good when you consider how many songs both sides have stuffed on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Illuminati said:

Thank you! I'll go for an original copy then. Btw the STR vinyl sounds really good when you consider how many songs both sides have stuffed on them.

For me side 1 had quite a lot of surface noise, it's not that noticeable when the songs play, side 2 seems fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now