jonski43

Immaculate Collection colored vinyl US/Canada release; + Other Vinyl Chat

280 posts in this topic

I can't wait to get mine!

1 hour ago, lennylu said:

I haven't received mine yet, but here's a picture of the vinyl set as seen on Facebook. It looks great, but where is that additional liner insert with the exclusive picture, lyrics and production credits? I'd be quite disappointed if it wasn't included in the reissue.

16179030_10154009858776923_1756505893730289848_o-3.jpg

16178964_10154009726661923_2251357097176171122_o.jpg

16174594_10155806757169408_848204168443480852_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Mattress said:

Found a photo showing the inner sleeve with unique picture:

Image may contain: one or more people

:dramatic: 

:drama:

Anyone else's shipped? I thought they weren't supposed to ship until the 28th? Mine is supposed to arrive on Tuesday. Not that Im complaining. :angel:

One more pic:

16179642_1256578984380493_5590144554838949276_o-2.jpg

They look real perty, especially the blue record.

15 hours ago, ctg12 said:

Anyone else's shipped? I thought they weren't supposed to ship until the 28th? Mine is supposed to arrive on Tuesday. Not that Im complaining. :angel:

Release date was supposedly 24th Jan. I haven't received any notification from Barnes and Noble yet though.

The vinyl looks great! Better than the description. 

According to the label website, each release in this batch is suppose to come with a free 2017 calendar, and a vinyl cleaning cloth ( at least at record stores anyhow), with any luck, the online retailers will send these out with orders as well.

THIS 2017 EDITION LOOKS GLORIOUS IN PERSON. :wow:

God it's a relief to see Rhino/Warner Bros handle these special limited editions so well!! Sturdy, gatefold cover with matte finish and original inner sleeves all printed with perfect color grading, clear and correct fonts and the shiny gold ink (was worried they would miss this detail). The colored wax looks INCREDIBLE. Can't wait to spin it in a few hours!

18 minutes ago, Mattress said:

God it's a relief to see Rhino/Warner Bros handle these special limited editions so well!! Sturdy, gatefold cover with matte finish and original inner sleeves all printed with perfect color grading, clear and correct fonts and the shiny gold ink (was worried they would miss this detail). The colored wax looks INCREDIBLE. Can't wait to spin it in a few hours!

I can't wait to see it! Mine is out for delivery now.

I'll probably be swinging by the record shop this a.m.

I wanna know about the SOUND!

Make sure you guys wear gloves when handling the LP cover to avoid any fingerprint stain on the gold ink.

Got my copy- Main St. Jukebox in Stroudsburg, Pa., had two copies (it had more; apparently it started selling it late last week.

Looking forward to being in awe of this masterful release. :gent:

So what's good about this? just some colorful shyt and a couple of new pics?...do the songs sound greater?...why oh why buying something we all already have? just to give more money to greedy Warner? I refuse to do so! Give me some new music instead!

:lol2:

TIC was released on vinyl first time out, right? I had never gotten it, so it will be a new experience in that regard. Listening to music on vinyl is a different experience in itself, though, so...

2 hours ago, Inlakesh said:

So what's good about this? just some colorful shyt and a couple of new pics?...do the songs sound greater?...why oh why buying something we all already have? just to give more money to greedy Warner? I refuse to do so! Give me some new music instead!

:lol2:

The original vinyl is out of print and I don't have an original, all used copies look worn so I went for this.

2 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

Got my copy- Main St. Jukebox in Stroudsburg, Pa., had two copies (it had more; apparently it started selling it late last week.

Looking forward to being in awe of this masterful release. :gent:

Any free calendar & vinyl cleaning cloth?

On ‎22‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:42 AM, ericn101 said:

According to the label website, each release in this batch is suppose to come with a free 2017 calendar, and a vinyl cleaning cloth ( at least at record stores anyhow), with any luck, the online retailers will send these out with orders as well.

2 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

TIC was released on vinyl first time out, right? I had never gotten it, so it will be a new experience in that regard. Listening to music on vinyl is a different experience in itself, though, so...

Yes, vinyl and cassette were still standard releases. It was only from Bedtime Stories onwards when vinyl seemed to be released weeks after the main release.

Have Barnes and Noble shipped yet? I've heard nothing about my purchase. 

Yah, jonski, I know those were the standard formats at the time. I had gotten I'm Breathless on vinyl when it came out, but then cassette when TIC was released. I didn't get into CDs until 1997. :p

I wasn't given a calendar or cleaning cloth- the injustice. The website said those were for a limited time; and the cloth was for Barnes and Noble customers.

1 hour ago, HolidayGuy said:

Yah, jonski, I know those were the standard formats at the time. I had gotten I'm Breathless on vinyl when it came out, but then cassette when TIC was released. I didn't get into CDs until 1997. :p

I wasn't given a calendar or cleaning cloth- the injustice. The website said those were for a limited time; and the cloth was for Barnes and Noble customers.

I must admit, I thought it was an odd question. :p 

I think the cloths and calendars will be in-store only though.

beautiful :wow:

just noticed they match the cover :wow:  :wow:  :wow:

Mine shipped today!

I have the original bought on eBay last year for like 80 bux .... ugh wish I'd have wAited now :( 

i collect vinyl but may have to pass this one up since I got the original but damn this looks good, would certainly appreciate this as a gift hint hint