MadonnaNation.com Forums
jonski43

Immaculate Collection colored vinyl US/Canada release; + Other Vinyl Chat

So what's good about this? just some colorful shyt and a couple of new pics?...do the songs sound greater?...why oh why buying something we all already have? just to give more money to greedy Warner? I refuse to do so! Give me some new music instead!

:lol2:

TIC was released on vinyl first time out, right? I had never gotten it, so it will be a new experience in that regard. Listening to music on vinyl is a different experience in itself, though, so...

2 hours ago, Inlakesh said:

So what's good about this? just some colorful shyt and a couple of new pics?...do the songs sound greater?...why oh why buying something we all already have? just to give more money to greedy Warner? I refuse to do so! Give me some new music instead!

:lol2:

The original vinyl is out of print and I don't have an original, all used copies look worn so I went for this.

2 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

Got my copy- Main St. Jukebox in Stroudsburg, Pa., had two copies (it had more; apparently it started selling it late last week.

Looking forward to being in awe of this masterful release. :gent:

Any free calendar & vinyl cleaning cloth?

On ‎22‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:42 AM, ericn101 said:

According to the label website, each release in this batch is suppose to come with a free 2017 calendar, and a vinyl cleaning cloth ( at least at record stores anyhow), with any luck, the online retailers will send these out with orders as well.

2 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

TIC was released on vinyl first time out, right? I had never gotten it, so it will be a new experience in that regard. Listening to music on vinyl is a different experience in itself, though, so...

Yes, vinyl and cassette were still standard releases. It was only from Bedtime Stories onwards when vinyl seemed to be released weeks after the main release.

Have Barnes and Noble shipped yet? I've heard nothing about my purchase. 

Yah, jonski, I know those were the standard formats at the time. I had gotten I'm Breathless on vinyl when it came out, but then cassette when TIC was released. I didn't get into CDs until 1997. :p

I wasn't given a calendar or cleaning cloth- the injustice. The website said those were for a limited time; and the cloth was for Barnes and Noble customers.

1 hour ago, HolidayGuy said:

Yah, jonski, I know those were the standard formats at the time. I had gotten I'm Breathless on vinyl when it came out, but then cassette when TIC was released. I didn't get into CDs until 1997. :p

I wasn't given a calendar or cleaning cloth- the injustice. The website said those were for a limited time; and the cloth was for Barnes and Noble customers.

I must admit, I thought it was an odd question. :p 

I think the cloths and calendars will be in-store only though.

beautiful :wow:

just noticed they match the cover :wow:  :wow:  :wow:

I have the original bought on eBay last year for like 80 bux .... ugh wish I'd have wAited now :( 

i collect vinyl but may have to pass this one up since I got the original but damn this looks good, would certainly appreciate this as a gift hint hint 

14 hours ago, Mattress said:

THIS 2017 EDITION LOOKS GLORIOUS IN PERSON. :wow:

God it's a relief to see Rhino/Warner Bros handle these special limited editions so well!! Sturdy, gatefold cover with matte finish and original inner sleeves all printed with perfect color grading, clear and correct fonts and the shiny gold ink (was worried they would miss this detail). The colored wax looks INCREDIBLE. Can't wait to spin it in a few hours!

Mattress, please give your audio analysis on this vinyl release--I'd love to know your opinion, as always. Thanks!

Mine shipped today too from B&N, can't wait to have it :inlove:

^Rhino's site said the cloths were a B&N exclusive, so you best have, especially when buying three. :gent:

I still haven't got mine... :banghead:

wait when did this happen!!!!! lol in canada too!??!

23 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

wait when did this happen!!!!! lol in canada too!??!

GIF_jessica_lange_paleyfest_2.gif

I just picked a copy @ Barnes & Noble. It's very pretty. I forgot to ask about the cloth and calender:banghead:

Edited by MaddyFanatic

43 minutes ago, MaddyFanatic said:

I just picked a copy @ Barnes & Noble. It's very pretty. I forgot to ask about the cloth and calender:banghead:

Couldn't you go back with your receipt?

I got the notification mine has shipped although it won't be until late Feb until it arrives!

Listening right now, finally! Almost done with side three. Sounds excellent so far. Correct album master, crystal clear with virtually zero surface noise. Were it not for the slightest amount of sibilance when she hits an "s" it could almost be mistaken for the CD. :grins:

Side four might be mastered at a lower volume than the other three (it is the longest). The bass on this is great.

3 hours ago, Mattress said:

Listening right now, finally! Almost done with side three. Sounds excellent so far. Correct album master, crystal clear with virtually zero surface noise. Were it not for the slightest amount of sibilance when she hits an "s" it could almost be mistaken for the CD. :grins:

Tho the original pressing from 1990 still sounds better because it has a better dynamic range. It is on par with all of the 2012/2016 re-releases which is ok but not as good as their original counterparts.

Mine has arrived today...not bad it only took them a handful of days to ship it across the pond.

i'm so lucky that barnes and nobles made a mistake, they charged me the freight cost for  international air mail but sent with the ups express! a great surprise☺️

Mine was shipped too :inlove:

Quick off-topic question:

I still don't have "Like A Virgin" on vinyl and am wondering if I should get a second hand copy of an original issue or the re-issue. Which master was used for that? Does it sound the same as the 2001 CD remaster? Those sounded horrendously compressed and lifeless.

Just bought 2 of this greatest pop record ever from my indie vinyl store.     

I have a BRAND NEW unopened original pressing of the 1990 vinyl. Still sealed I'm selling for $100 bux if anyone is interested message me !!! I have PayPal 

I hesitated thinking "my local Barnes & Noble will have a few in stock".  WRONG!!  Amazon wanted $150!!!  Found one in Ohio for $30 at a record store....the shit better be real!!!