MadonnaNation.com Forums
jonski43

Immaculate Collection colored vinyl US/Canada release; + Other Vinyl Chat

I have been collecting her Vinyl for about a year now.  I had most of the originals from the 80's but they were stolen from an ex. I have managed to replace every original maxi from Everybody thru Rescue Me.  I also have  Madonna thru Like A Prayer original vinyls.  As for recent albums I have RH,BS,STR and ROL.  I'm tempted to purchase an original still in shrink wrap TIC- but not sure if I should go with the rerelease instead.  Any thoughts? I will say BS and STR do seem less "loud" compared to everything else.  

I also need to decide on which version of AL,Music,and COADF to purchase.

Warners need to release TIC for the general record buying public. It's one of the best selling albums of all time and would sell even more.

people are buying more and more classic albums on vinyl of late, with 8 of the top 10 best selling records of last year being older releases such as Purple Rain, Back To Black etc. 

horn    0
14 hours ago, jonski43 said:
15 hours ago, tasteinmen said:
20 hours ago, horn said:

Rhino had re-issued her debut LP till AL LP (Except for YCD & IB) so far.

Since COADF will be next, I guess they will be re-issuing HC & Celebration as well by this year?!

14 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

I hope they reissue Celebration, I just hope it's not obscure and difficult to get hold off.

14 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! :cries:

I feel it... It's coming....

HolidayGuy    0

So... are all these titles being released today, or scattered throughout the month?

http://www.rhino.com/syeor

Also- looks like jusy these 1983-2003 albums have NOT been reissued on vinyl: Who's That Girl, You Can Dance, I'm Breathless, Evita and GHV2.

jonski43    0
6 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

So... are all these titles being released today, or scattered throughout the month?

http://www.rhino.com/syeor

Also- looks like jusy these 1983-2003 albums have NOT been reissued on vinyl: Who's That Girl, You Can Dance, I'm Breathless, Evita and GHV2.

throughout the month. IC is due on 24th Jan.

Bretticus    0
On 1/9/2017 at 5:10 AM, ericn101 said:

A few dollars cheaper at Barnes & Noble, at $31.57

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-immaculate-collection-madonna/67885;jsessionid=1E6207BD5FDE873C9CA01E4AEACC087E.prodny_store02-atgap04?ean=0081227941185

Immaculate Collection

The Immaculate Collection

by Madonna

See All Formats & Editions

On the surface, the single-disc hits compilation The Immaculate Collection appears to be a definitive retrospective of Madonna's heyday in the '80s. After all, it features 17 of Madonna's greatest hits, from "Holiday" and "Like a Virgin" to "Like a Prayer" and "Vogue." However, looks can be deceiving. It's true that The Immaculate…

Thanks for the link! Just pre-ordered from them. $8 shipping to Australia is better than the $36 the other site was going to charge!

karbatal    0

Wow a an interesting thread!!! 

@SloaneSloane thanks for your posts.  As a vinyl junkie Iove to know that my original pressings are still precious,  among this reissue fever. 

mnino    0
7 hours ago, humanracin said:

Nothing beats BLACK Vinyl sound wise.

Coloured and Picture Vinyl... sound is usually crap

giphy.gif

jonski43    0

$8 to the UK too! It will take a month to arrive but that's fine with me! Thanks for the link. 

HolidayGuy    0

Thanks, jonski- I do recall Jan. 24 now I think of it. The standard release date is Fridays, now, so Rhino is going against the grain and using the one-time release day of the week. :)

A local record store, plus an FYE at the local mall, carry vinyl albums, so not sure if I should pre-order or- gasp- go to to the store.

I have had a couple of issues on colored vinyl releases (skipping in a couple of spots), but with others, not.

tasteinmen    0

£32 including P&P is pretty good so I've caved in and ordered. Glad I'll finally have TIC on vinyl!

Cyber-Raga    0

Is the B&N link above selling the colored vinyls? I already have the original German release from 1990 but this just might be a fun addition to my collection. Otherwise I'd pass. 

tasteinmen    0
4 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Is the B&N link above selling the colored vinyls? I already have the original German release from 1990 but this just might be a fun addition to my collection. Otherwise I'd pass. 

Surely it's coloured as that's the version that's being released? Unless the black edition is being reissued too?

Cyber-Raga    0
9 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

Surely it's coloured as that's the version that's being released? Unless the black edition is being reissued too?

Yeah that is exactly what I was asking myself, too.

mtsanis    0

just went to my neighborhood record store to ask about this release, and while they didn't have a specific date for it, they did mention that Confessions is getting a rerelease on Jan 31.

Edmd    0

do they have enough stocks for the pre order? seem many overseas people ordered here😅

Edited by Edmd

horn    0

I'm sure 6500 copies is more than enough for everyone.

lennylu    0

I haven't received mine yet, but here's a picture of the vinyl set as seen on Facebook. It looks great, but where is that additional liner insert with the exclusive picture, lyrics and production credits? I'd be quite disappointed if it wasn't included in the reissue.

16179030_10154009858776923_1756505893730289848_o-3.jpg

16178964_10154009726661923_2251357097176171122_o.jpg

16174594_10155806757169408_848204168443480852_n.jpg

Mattress    0
36 minutes ago, lennylu said:

I haven't received mine yet, but here's a picture of the vinyl set as seen on Facebook. It looks great, but where is that additional liner insert with the exclusive picture, lyrics and production credits? I'd be quite disappointed if it wasn't included in the reissue.

Found a photo showing the inner sleeve with unique picture:

Image may contain: one or more people

lennylu    0
1 minute ago, Mattress said:

Found a photo showing the inner sleeve with unique picture:

Image may contain: one or more people

Phew, thanks! Love love LOVE IT! Can't wait to receive it!