MadonnaNation.com Forums
jonski43

Immaculate Collection colored vinyl US/Canada release; + Other Vinyl Chat

This stuff always tempts me but I can't play it and it will just sit around on a shelf.  I bought those CD sized ones from Japan too a while back so I think i'm going to pass - sounds cool though and I bet it will look great.

45 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

I agree about Rebel Heart, MDNA is now out of print and goes for £60 on eBay, i paid £12 for it back in 2013. 

I imagine Rebel Heart will follow that price soon enough.

i still need TIC on vinyl but it's not that easy to come by in excellent condition.

MDNA and RH are both solid purchases on vinyl, even for the prices they're charging (though it's too soon for 60£ imo. Someday. But since it'lI be worth that someday, it's worth that now in my thinking because I don't sell my Madonna. Hope that makes sense). ANYWAY, I got my eye on RH in a store right now for $45 US and I'd expect it to increase in value. 

Shit I've been writing paragraphs to you for the last hour and keep deleting because I don't want to bore everyone with stuff, really, is just common knowledge when it comes to collecting. Suffice it to say, MDNA, RH, and I'd throw Hard Candy into this mix, will retain their value. They'll always be worth more than, say, LAP, even with the church smell lol, which I love btw. IT JUST IS THAT WAY LOL. I can't explain it concisely. American Life is another one I'd invest in (and did) more so than Music or even Confessions. It has to do with rarity idk. AL just seems more special to have. It feels better in the hands than MUSIC. Again I point out that I'm a long time Madonna collector, not to impress, but there's just no reason to think I'm in any way unique. I have absolutely zero interest in any TIC colored vinyl repress. The original pressing of MDNA? Yes. If I ever see that in a used dollar bin I'll eat my hat.

Agree about not seeing TIC used for awhile now. Don't think I've ever seen it used in excellent condition. If you do, BUY IT. Not some low quality repress for ridiculous sucker money.

Sorry for the babble, I find this whole topic fascinating. Even if it's collecting something not Madonna, I think being a collector is a noble hobby, so long as you're smart and buy what you love and are KNOWLEDGEABLE about the subject, not what you think will simply make you money. That's why people laugh at beanie baby idiots. That's also why I say if you truly want TIC repress because you think it's beautiful and you love Madonna, then buy it. I love you, you're one of us. But just know you gave someone a big payday and if you decide to sell it one day, expect pennies on the dollar. Again, IMO. I could be wrong.

Kind of off topic but like I said, I love talking about this stuff. Don't think I'm above being a sucker when it comes to Madonna. I still want that MOJO Magazine from 2015 like nobody's business, the subscriber cover, but have a cappucino habit kicking my ass and can't afford it. I'd pay $200 for that sumbitch and it will probably never truly be worth that. I don't care. I want it.  

Now This.........

Confessions On A Dance Floor 2LP Pink Vinyl re-issue by Rhino – get the details

Rhino will release a re-issue of Madonna’s Confessions On A Dance Floor this January 31 on 2LP pink vinyl.

• Vinyl (January 31, 2017)
  • Number of Discs: 2
  • Label: Rhino/Warner Bros.
  • ASIN: B01N6NT7HU

It is available for pre-order through Amazon

91gqbefe1l-_sx522_

8 minutes ago, ericn101 said:

Now This.........

Rhino will release a re-issue of Madonna’s Confessions On A Dance Floor this January 31 on 2LP pink vinyl.

91gqbefe1l-_sx522_

Nope. Wait.. HELL NO. If I want Madonna on pink vinyl it's gonna be Bedtime Stories. If I want Confessions Donna it's gonna be the white label double pack album unmixed or Confessions Remixed double pack. Both came out during Confessions era. This is a gimmick MEANT TO BE COLLECTABLE and charges collectable prices. Collectors, and I'm talking in the long run, like after Madonna dies, won't like these things (as much).

21 minutes ago, Sloane said:

MDNA and RH are both solid purchases on vinyl, even for the prices they're charging (though it's too soon for 60£ imo. Someday. But since it'lI be worth that someday, it's worth that now in my thinking because I don't sell my Madonna. Hope that makes sense). ANYWAY, I got my eye on RH in a store right now for $45 US and I'd expect it to increase in value. 

Shit I've been writing paragraphs to you for the last hour and keep deleting because I don't want to bore everyone with stuff, really, is just common knowledge when it comes to collecting. Suffice it to say, MDNA, RH, and I'd throw Hard Candy into this mix, will retain their value. They'll always be worth more than, say, LAP, even with the church smell lol, which I love btw. IT JUST IS THAT WAY LOL. I can't explain it concisely. American Life is another one I'd invest in (and did) more so than Music or even Confessions. It has to do with rarity idk. AL just seems more special to have. It feels better in the hands than MUSIC. Again I point out that I'm a long time Madonna collector, not to impress, but there's just no reason to think I'm in any way unique. I have absolutely zero interest in any TIC colored vinyl repress. The original pressing of MDNA? Yes. If I ever see that in a used dollar bin I'll eat my hat.

Agree about not seeing TIC used for awhile now. Don't think I've ever seen it used in excellent condition. If you do, BUY IT. Not some low quality repress for ridiculous sucker money.

Sorry for the babble, I find this whole topic fascinating. Even if it's collecting something not Madonna, I think being a collector is a noble hobby, so long as you're smart and buy what you love and are KNOWLEDGEABLE about the subject, not what you think will simply make you money. That's why people laugh at beanie baby idiots. That's also why I say if you truly want TIC repress because you think it's beautiful and you love Madonna, then buy it. I love you, you're one of us. But just know you gave someone a big payday and if you decide to sell it one day, expect pennies on the dollar. Again, IMO. I could be wrong.

Kind of off topic but like I said, I love talking about this stuff. Don't think I'm above being a sucker when it comes to Madonna. I still want that MOJO Magazine from 2015 like nobody's business, the subscriber cover, but have a cappucino habit kicking my ass and can't afford it. I'd pay $200 for that sumbitch and it will probably never truly be worth that. I don't care. I want it.  

In away I'm glad TIC is hard to find used in excellent condition, it shows the album has been used by many and enjoyed for the masterpiece it is. I won't be getting the coloured TIC, I've jumped off the coloured vinyl bandwagon now, after seeing how much TB and LAP have reduced in price shows it's the initial hype that gets the money, after a couple of months the price drops.

Last year I saw RH vinyl in an entertainment overspill shop (where all the leftover RSD stock goes), it was in the reduced clearance bin, I was a bit shocked to see it there, but I did think "that £12 record is probably going to sell for a lot more in a couple of years", I don't care about the worth of a record as I have no intention of selling my collection, but it's sort of nice knowing I own something that is sort after and hard to find. I can't imagine Madonna's post Warner discography getting a reissue since LN are only interested in her tours and Interscope simply don't care about her at all.

If TIC and Celebration were to get a none exclusive standard black repress, count me in.

Items I've noticed sell for a lot on eBay, those yellow German CD singles, they seem to go for £25-£30 each. I have 8 of them which were 3 for £10 in HMV in 2002, I just wish I bought the rest.

I reckon those japanese mini-LPs will be worth a lot one day.

27 minutes ago, ericn101 said:

I wouldnt call it a "low quality repress", Rhino is quite respectable.

Weren't people saying when that LAV repress came out, I think it was last year, that their record was skipping a lot? Yeah I saw those comments.

There aren't as many pressing plants today. No competition means quality can take a dive and you can bet your bottom dollar, literally, that it has.

To say that M's Rhino releases are  "a dive" , is just not true, they are actually quite good and the industry standard for high quality. 

3 hours ago, Sloane said:

All this repressing, esp on colored vinyl, is gimmicky. In the long run these will not be collectable as much as first-run vinyl (colored, picture disk or black). You're better off buying Rebel Heart on vinyl. THAT will be worth more than IC repress, Mark my words.

True collectors, those still buying years later after  the dust settles, don't like gimmicky. More accurately, they don't like represses. Take it from a Madonna collector 30 years in the game. Youre paying 40 dollars for something that's gonna go DOWN in value. It'll be extremely expensive on ebay for awhile to catch the lightweight suckers.

Now if you want it because you really want it or a younger fan that never had the chance to buy a first run vinyl because you weren't alive yet lol that's a different story. Enjoy! But be careful paying these ridiculous ebay prices.

Not sure about this. The fact that they're coloured vinyl and unique to one country and limited - certainly the TB and LAP pressings are only one thousand copies each will make them very attractive. It's a case of supply and demand. Revolver and celebration vinyls were pretty cheap for several years, now they're shooting up in value as they're hard to obtain.

As for celebration, hard candy and mdna, yes they're valuable now owing to their rarity but who's to say warner's won't reissue those too!

34 minutes ago, Sloane said:

Nope. Wait.. HELL NO. If I want Madonna on pink vinyl it's gonna be Bedtime Stories. If I want Confessions Donna it's gonna be the white label double pack album unmixed or Confessions Remixed double pack. Both came out during Confessions era. This is a gimmick MEANT TO BE COLLECTABLE and charges collectable prices. Collectors, and I'm talking in the long run, like after Madonna dies, won't like these things (as much).

But the original confessions album was on pink vinyl.

Not sure why it's being reissued though as it's still quite easy to play obtain

40 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

In away I'm glad TIC is hard to find used in excellent condition, it shows the album has been used by many and enjoyed for the masterpiece it is. I won't be getting the coloured TIC, I've jumped off the coloured vinyl bandwagon now, after seeing how much TB and LAP have reduced in price shows it's the initial hype that gets the money, after a couple of months the price drops.

Last year I saw RH vinyl in an entertainment overspill shop (where all the leftover RSD stock goes), it was in the reduced clearance bin, I was a bit shocked to see it there, but I did think "that £12 record is probably going to sell for a lot more in a couple of years", I don't care about the worth of a record as I have no intention of selling my collection, but it's sort of nice knowing I own something that is sort after and hard to find. I can't imagine Madonna's post Warner discography getting a reissue since LN are only interested in her tours and Interscope simply don't care about her at all.

If TIC and Celebration were to get a none exclusive standard black repress, count me in.

Items I've noticed sell for a lot on eBay, those yellow German CD singles, they seem to go for £25-£30 each. I have 8 of them which were 3 for £10 in HMV in 2002, I just wish I bought the rest.

I reckon those japanese mini-LPs will be worth a lot one day.

BOOM. There it is. You said the True Blue & LAP represses have dropped in value. Backs up everything I just said. I didn't know they had dropped in value yet ... somehow... I did.

Yep that's always been my vibe when it comes to the original TIC in bad shape. Makes sense, really. It's a popular record. They've all been played a lot. Even though I have little interest in it because I'm pretty sure I already have it and have my satin digi pack from the Royal Box which is enough for me, I'd snatch it up if found in excellent condition (for the right price). I do love my full length Madonna albums on vinyl though. There's just something special about them, even for a remix whore like myself. I've seen guy record collectors who have no interest in any female music, much less pop, do a double take on those things. They're just bitchin bad ass pieces of wax; something beautiful/beastly about them.

Bravo to you finding that RH for 12£. I haven't seen any hint of that near me for her later vinyl. They're all consistently high and displayed in highlighted areas.

2 minutes ago, Sloane said:

BOOM. There it is. You said the True Blue & LAV represses have dropped in value. Backs up everything I just said. I didn't know they had dropped in value yet ... somehow... I did.

They are still quite pricey mind, but when they first came out they were selling for for over £50 each and the amount of bids showed the urgency of fans wanting them. They seems to sell for about £30 each now.

I wonder if there'll be a Madonna record for RSD this year.

57 minutes ago, ericn101 said:

To say that M's Rhino releases are  "a dive" , is just not true, they are actually quite good and the industry standard for high quality. 

The industry standard for TODAY maybe, not for Madonna's golden age I'd reckon. That's why I say if someone is buying Madonna purely from a collectors standpoint, meaning to increase in value, why not spend that money on the original album from that time period. A lot of collectors are audiophiles. Time and time again I've seen represses ripped apart and positively disregarded because of some long diatribe about sound quality. I'm not talking about just Madonna here. I'm talking about record collectors in general. I personally am not an audiophile. I buy for what the overall product IS. Which remixes are on it, the packaging in general, the concept (for example, Confessions unmixed). I love me some Madonna colored vinyl and picture discs, which, incidentally, audiophiles dislike for obvious reasons.

So bottom line you have 2 kinds of collectors... audiophiles and at least one non audiophile... who have no interest in these colored vinyl represses. Not to say there aren't others who like them, there obviously are, but the field has been narrowed which won't help anyone down the line wishing to sell it. 

I'm not really talking to you or anyone here directly, btw. This is a Madonna forum. I'm talking to Madonna FANS here and if that's what they like then obviously my thinking is starkly flawed and there's a market. I'm just typing and drinking coffee. Collecting is also subjective and based solely what the public wants at any given time, often for peculiar reasons. I'm talking LONG TERM and based only on a hunch and trends from the past. I also don't believe anyone here truly buys Madonna for the money aspect of it. We buy what we love. If you were some general music collector on the net I'd be talking to you a lot different, flat out calling you a moron for buying these represses and bragging up and down that I'm a Madonna collector you idiot, I KNOW lol. But since you are a  Madonna fan, buying the repress is coming from a place of love, and that's entirely different. I just don't wanna see you all get ripped off, which is my opinion they will not hold their value.

31 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

They are still quite pricey mind, but when they first came out they were selling for for over £50 each and the amount of bids showed the urgency of fans wanting them. They seems to sell for about £30 each now.

I wonder if there'll be a Madonna record for RSD this year.

50 to 30 and they're only gonna go down. Oh they may shoot up again i guess, i dont know why they would, probably not lol, but in the end, when Madonna dies, in other words, when the dust settles, the family you leave behind , who probably won't be diehard Madonna fans, are gonna wish you bought red vinyl Fever double pack over TIC repress, that's all I'm saying. Long term, people! Long term! Collectors like shit original.

The original True Blue on blue vinyl or the repress True Blue on colored vinyl. Assuming they're both in the same condition and let's say they're the same price, Which one would you buy? I'd buy the original. Same concept. 50 years down the line, these represses aren't gonna be new and exciting. Everythings gonna become "equal" then go from there. Faced with COADF original vinyl or this pink vinyl repress. Which one will they buy, given all things equal? As God is my witness, it's the original, even if it's black vinyl over pink. Now if you're talking something like HC original pressing with the choice black vinyl or colored, then colored all the way for the original. Confessions, èeeeeh not so much. Pink was already done for BS. Plus, that album is musically more desired than HC. Audiophiles come into play here. I'd buy the black. Plus, up against the cover artwork, the black vinyl looks better whereas with BS, the pink vinyl is gorgeous. Same with HC. Candy = color. There's a concept. It makes sense.

2 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Not sure about this. The fact that they're coloured vinyl and unique to one country and limited - certainly the TB and LAP pressings are only one thousand copies each will make them very attractive. It's a case of supply and demand. Revolver and celebration vinyls were pretty cheap for several years, now they're shooting up in value as they're hard to obtain.

As for celebration, hard candy and mdna, yes they're valuable now owing to their rarity but who's to say warner's won't reissue those too!

This whole "1,000 copies only" sounds fishy to me. Thats all im going to say. I have absolutely no way of backing this up.

I guess it's the whole Lady Gaga "Omg buy these tin foil Artpop super collectible CDs while you can! So collectible!!" That's the kind of nonsense from these companies nowadays.. praying on would-be collectors who aren't buying out of a place of love and don't know what they're doing.

The rest of your comment backs up what I'm saying. If TB and LAP are only 1000 copies, then why have they gone down in value? That is unheard of in the history of Madonnadom for something that is rare from her. Granted they're high to begin with and that may account for it. But something seems .... off. Why are these super duper special colored vinyl ever-so-rare represses similar in price with the general release of RH? Is there only 1,000 of RH on vinyl? Maybe, idk, because I don't care about value. I buy for love with no intention of selling.

Celebration & (eh) Revolver is no surprise to me because those are original pressings. Revolver was hardly a hit. Anyone who bought that record to begin with did it TO KEEP IT. They're not selling it hence it's rare. Those will always be in good condition. Every single Revolver record is in the hands of a Madonna fan/collector who cares for it more than its worth imo, not some soccer mom playing it over and over like TIC back in the day. TIC in mint condition will ALWAYS be worth more than Revolver in mint condition; at least it will be when prices adjust after Madonnas death. Revolver is actually a poor example. I dont think that record will ever be truly desirable.

And if Warner reissues MDNA it'll always be less valuable than the original, though the original will take a hit because, in the end, it's no LAP, let's keep it real. But the original MDNA might still always be worth more than LAP because there were TONS of LAP on vinyl, not MDNA, so it depends on how many MDNA are repressed. LAP is basically in the hands of collectors now, but there are a lot of them (collectors who collect Madonna solely for invest probably have 20 or more copies). You'll see just how many there are when M dies as compared to MDNA, which probably will be repressed the day after she dies. Again, LAP is a bad example. That church smell and AIDS insert will drive up the price. Without those 2 things, it's dead in the water.

Fingers crossed for a madonna rsd release this year.  It was great meeting fellow madonna fans in the queue last year .

This was commented on in another thread, but I don't think (?) there had been a separate thread as of yet, so good to have one.

From the looks of it, Rhino released reissues of ROL and AL within the last few months?

15 hours ago, jonski43 said:

But the original confessions album was on pink vinyl.

Not sure why it's being reissued though as it's still quite easy to play obtain

Yeah I thought the same thing.  Is this lateset limited edition pink vinyl, more limited edition than the original pink vinyl?  

A few dollars cheaper at Barnes & Noble, at $31.57

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-immaculate-collection-madonna/67885;jsessionid=1E6207BD5FDE873C9CA01E4AEACC087E.prodny_store02-atgap04?ean=0081227941185

Immaculate Collection

The Immaculate Collection

by Madonna

See All Formats & Editions

On the surface, the single-disc hits compilation The Immaculate Collection appears to be a definitive retrospective of Madonna's heyday in the '80s. After all, it features 17 of Madonna's greatest hits, from "Holiday" and "Like a Virgin" to "Like a Prayer" and "Vogue." However, looks can be deceiving. It's true that The Immaculate…

3 hours ago, Mattvoyager said:

Yeah I thought the same thing.  Is this lateset limited edition pink vinyl, more limited edition than the original pink vinyl?  

I imagine it will be more limited given that the original version is still available for around the same price it went on sale over 11 years ago!

16 hours ago, Sloane said:

This whole "1,000 copies only" sounds fishy to me. Thats all im going to say. I have absolutely no way of backing this up.

I guess it's the whole Lady Gaga "Omg buy these tin foil Artpop super collectible CDs while you can! So collectible!!" That's the kind of nonsense from these companies nowadays.. praying on would-be collectors who aren't buying out of a place of love and don't know what they're doing.

The rest of your comment backs up what I'm saying. If TB and LAP are only 1000 copies, then why have they gone down in value? That is unheard of in the history of Madonnadom for something that is rare from her. Granted they're high to begin with and that may account for it. But something seems .... off. Why are these super duper special colored vinyl ever-so-rare represses similar in price with the general release of RH? Is there only 1,000 of RH on vinyl? Maybe, idk, because I don't care about value. I buy for love with no intention of selling.

Celebration & (eh) Revolver is no surprise to me because those are original pressings. Revolver was hardly a hit. Anyone who bought that record to begin with did it TO KEEP IT. They're not selling it hence it's rare. Those will always be in good condition. Every single Revolver record is in the hands of a Madonna fan/collector who cares for it more than its worth imo, not some soccer mom playing it over and over like TIC back in the day. TIC in mint condition will ALWAYS be worth more than Revolver in mint condition; at least it will be when prices adjust after Madonnas death. Revolver is actually a poor example. I dont think that record will ever be truly desirable.

And if Warner reissues MDNA it'll always be less valuable than the original, though the original will take a hit because, in the end, it's no LAP, let's keep it real. But the original MDNA might still always be worth more than LAP because there were TONS of LAP on vinyl, not MDNA, so it depends on how many MDNA are repressed. LAP is basically in the hands of collectors now, but there are a lot of them (collectors who collect Madonna solely for invest probably have 20 or more copies). You'll see just how many there are when M dies as compared to MDNA, which probably will be repressed the day after she dies. Again, LAP is a bad example. That church smell and AIDS insert will drive up the price. Without those 2 things, it's dead in the water.

I'm also a collector of over thirty years too. Re. the recent TB and LAP vinyls, many of them will have been bought up in bulk by sellers rather than fans (same as RSD releases) so will still be filtering through the collector channels but they did sell out within a week unlike the FGTH white vinyl which is still available - and Lady Gaga pressed 500,000 of her tin foil fiasco! And they are still going for double the sale price after the initial peak. They will go up in value once the supply runs out. Hard Candy could be bought cheaply for ages but now values are starting to rise.  TB won't be as valuable as the original blue vinyls because of the age but LAP should go up more as it is a unique item and supply and demand is ultimately what drives the collector's market. 

I can't believe the price of Celebration album - they're selling for between £200 - £300 now! I wonder how many were pressed.

I'm an old (ha) fan as well, but never really bothered to collect vinyl, as I never had a record player!  Just acquired one this past year and now I'm playing MAJOR catch up.  Very happy to finally obtain an IC vinyl (esp at a reasonable price). :)

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:10 AM, ericn101 said:

Now This.........

91gqbefe1l-_sx522_

Rhino had re-issued her debut LP till AL LP (Except for YCD & IB) so far.

Since COADF will be next, I guess they will be re-issuing HC & Celebration as well by this year?!

5 hours ago, horn said:

Rhino had re-issued her debut LP till AL LP (Except for YCD & IB) so far.

Since COADF will be next, I guess they will be re-issuing HC & Celebration as well by this year?!

I hope they reissue Celebration, I just hope it's not obscure and difficult to get hold off.

41 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

I hope they reissue Celebration, I just hope it's not obscure and difficult to get hold off.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! :cries: