MadonnaNation.com Forums
jonski43

Immaculate Collection colored vinyl US/Canada release; + Other Vinyl Chat

After the surprise U.K. only releases for TB and LAP Rhino records are releasing a limited coloured vinyl version of IC on Jan 10th for the US and Canada.

Lp 1 will be blue and white marble and lp 2 will be gold!

here we go again!

I'm guessing these will soon be on eBay for a rediculous price just like the sainsburys vinyls.

id be happy if TIC was just available on black vinyl again, I've been after it for a while but every copy I've seen in second hand record shops are worn (for obvious reasons)

2 hours ago, horn said:

Where can I buy it?

http://www.wjbdradio.com/music-news/2017/01/03/start-off-the-new-year-with-limited-edition-vinyl-from-madonna-more

RhinoIf you got a record player for Christmas -- or just dug your old turntable out of storage to get in on the new vinyl craze -- Rhino Records has some classic albums for you to spin this year.

As part of the record label's "Start Your Ear Off Right 2017" campaign, limited-edition vinyl versions of best-selling albums will be available nationwide at a variety of outlets, including Barnes & Noble and FYE stores.  Among the releases: Madonna's best-of disc The Immaculate Collection, and Hootie & the Blowfish's gazillion selling debut, Cracked Rear View.

The Madonna album comes as two LPs on white marble vinyl and gold vinyl, and only 6,500 copies have been made.  The Hootie album comes on one clear, yellow and black vinyl disc, in a limited edition of 5,500 copies.

The vinyl releases will hit stores starting January 10 and continue each Tuesday through the rest of the month. Other artists included in the campaign include The Cars, Cheap Trick and Foreigner.  Also coming out on limited-edition vinyl: the soundtrack for Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

So, I guess you can only buy it in stores?

1 minute ago, horn said:

d2c4cb7ac2.gif

I know, right? This is going to be fun.

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/madonna-the-immaculate-collection-vinyl-records.shtml#48287

mmaculate Collection (Blue/White Marble and Gold Vinyl) (Pre-Order)
Pre-Order - Ships Upon Release
WARB-RHI-1185 $34.99 $34.99
Coupon Applied   LP12 (Coupon)   -$4.20

Coupon Code:

Don't have a coupon code?

If you have a gift certificate, enter the number and PIN

SUBTOTAL $30.79
Shipping
(Includes Insurance)
$5.74
Tax (PA Only) $0.00
Total $36.53

6 minutes ago, ericn101 said:

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/madonna-the-immaculate-collection-vinyl-records.shtml#48287

mmaculate Collection (Blue/White Marble and Gold Vinyl) (Pre-Order)
Pre-Order - Ships Upon Release
WARB-RHI-1185 $34.99 $34.99
Coupon Applied   LP12 (Coupon)   -$4.20

Coupon Code:

Don't have a coupon code?

If you have a gift certificate, enter the number and PIN

SUBTOTAL $30.79
Shipping
(Includes Insurance)
$5.74
Tax (PA Only) $0.00
Total $36.53

$90 Australian :( Shipping costs more than the vinyl itself haha

I'll await eBay I think, or some kind US resident who can pick up extra copies :)

6500 copies made.

I need to get at least 3.

I'm guessing there is no way of getting this in the UK?

1 hour ago, tasteinmen said:

I'm guessing there is no way of getting this in the UK?

No, it's the same as the TB and LAP releases recently that were only for the UK although they will be on ebay and discogs.

Looking at the link above it's approx £54 with shipping to the UK so not sure whether to hold off. You can buy TB and LAP coloured vinyls for £25 - £30 now and they were only limited to 1000 copies each. Same with the Record Store day LAV pink vinyl. After the initial flurry you can pick those up for £25. 

Just now, jonski43 said:

No, it's the same as the TB and LAP releases recently that were only for the UK although they will be on ebay and discogs.

Looking at the link above it's approx £54 with shipping to the UK so not sure whether to hold off. You can buy TB and LAP coloured vinyls for £25 - £30 now and they were only limited to 1000 copies each. Same with the Record Store day LAV pink vinyl. After the initial flurry you can pick those up for £25. 

I agree, I remember people paying over £100 for both those vinyls and now they are a lot cheaper, I'll definitely be holding out for the price drop, my new years resolution is to spend less money on vinyl, as last year got ridiculous... i.e. LAP and TB coloured vinyls, wish me luck!

I don't think they all get released on Tuesday. I think the IC is released on 24 th Jan from what I remember when I looked at the link above

Does that link work in the U.K.? It wouldn't let me change from USA on the postal address

20 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

Does that link work in the U.K.? It wouldn't let me change from USA on the postal address

It works for every country in the world but the shipping cost are way too much expensive. It's 55$us for Canada, wtf ???!!!

23 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

I just tried with a UK postal code and the shipping cost is between 36 and 73$us 

cue the assholes who will bulk buy the lot then fleece actual fans on ebay.  The only thing only selling in stores does is punish people with lives who cant get to the store and help the idiots who like to rip ppl off. Barnes & Noble is not an independent store that needs any of this kind of help.

7 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

Yes but the shipping is the same as the album and it worked out about £55 total. 

I'm hoping that a load will get shipped over here and we can pick them up cheaper. 

3 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Yes but the shipping is the same as the album and it worked out about £55 total. 

I'm hoping that a load will get shipped over here and we can pick them up cheaper. 

Ah thanks for the info, I'll give this one a miss until it becomes easier / cheaper to get hold off

All this repressing, esp on colored vinyl, is gimmicky. In the long run these will not be collectable as much as first-run vinyl (colored, picture disk or black). You're better off buying Rebel Heart on vinyl. THAT will be worth more than IC repress, Mark my words.

True collectors, those still buying years later after  the dust settles, don't like gimmicky. More accurately, they don't like represses. Take it from a Madonna collector 30 years in the game. Youre paying 40 dollars for something that's gonna go DOWN in value. It'll be extremely expensive on ebay for awhile to catch the lightweight suckers.

Now if you want it because you really want it or a younger fan that never had the chance to buy a first run vinyl because you weren't alive yet lol that's a different story. Enjoy! But be careful paying these ridiculous ebay prices.

55 minutes ago, Sloane said:

All this repressing, esp on colored vinyl, is gimmicky. In the long run these will not be collectable as much as first-run vinyl (colored, picture disk or black). You're better off buying Rebel Heart on vinyl. THAT will be worth more than IC repress, Mark my words.

True collectors, those still buying years later after  the dust settles, don't like gimmicky. More accurately, they don't like represses. Take it from a Madonna collector 30 years in the game. Youre paying 40 dollars for something that's gonna go DOWN in value. It'll be extremely expensive on ebay for awhile to catch the lightweight suckers.

Now if you want it because you really want it or a younger fan that never had the chance to buy a first run vinyl because you weren't alive yet lol that's a different story. Enjoy! But be careful paying these ridiculous ebay prices.

I agree about Rebel Heart, MDNA is now out of print and goes for £60 on eBay, i paid £12 for it back in 2013. 

I imagine Rebel Heart will follow that price soon enough.

i still need TIC on vinyl but it's not that easy to come by in excellent condition.