Obama Thread

Guest Pud Whacker

31 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Yes, great point. I may have been harsh on words about our different views. I'm sorry. I was just replying to your question about what "excuses" you had, and the word "misinformed" came as force of expression in this discussion, but i'm glad that you are here to clarify that we are here to discuss the topics in this board with an open mind and i absolutely respect you for this. Sadly there are indeed other users in this very thread who i just don't care about their emotional distress, but you are not like that. You seems to be a very kind guy.

Thank you so much. :brenspin:

10 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

What a world we live in when there's a thread in a Madonna forum lavishing praise on Vladimir Putin and another knocking Obama for being 'unfit' for office. 

2017 is going to make 2016 look like a picnic on a rainbow. 

I just called Putin a MILF and Obama's presidency a disappointment. :chuckle:

It's DILF!

Anyway, those looking for entire threads to be deleted or censored because they don't agree with the political stance that some are taking, are missing the whole point of political discourse, no? Rally against it, give an opposing viewpoint, offer your own opinion, you might even change some minds in the process , instead of staying silent (the worst types of all!)

54 minutes ago, Kim said:

Those looking for entire threads to be deleted or censored because they don't agree with the political stance that some are taking, are missing the whole point of political discourse, no? Rally against it, give an opposing viewpoint, offer your own opinion, you might even change some minds in the process , instead of staying silent (the worst types of all!)

:clap:  :clap:

I think people mistake being critical of Obama's admin or of Hlllary Clinton's track record in office as being pro racism, pro conservativism etc  I really don't understand that false equation. The world isn't exactly black or white, people need to start discussing issues in a less cartoonish, John Waynesque good guys vs bad guys reductive narrative

The George W. Bush Axis Of Evil rethoric is stuff for Nickelodeon viewers at best

Does expressing my serious doubts about Hillary Clinton or US governments in general coziness towards violent, corrupt and oppressive Saudi Arabia (or Israel for that matter) while in the same breath they claim and want to sell to the world the notion that they have a vested interest in removing Assad for the children of Syria necessarily makes me someone who agrees with Trump?? Is analysing how we got to this point just as important as not condoning ignorance and violence?

People are caught up in a world of labels and what really matters and how they are managing to fool people from ACROSS THE POLITICAL SPECTRUM gets lost in translation

Also just because you may disagree or not be fully aware of a situation and its origins it doesn't mean you have to bring down someone else's opinion/perception based on the mere fact that you can't accept it or don't view it in the same way and much less get personal about it. None of us have the exact truth of everything in our pockets, when you make a mockery of someone and you fail to address the points they raise that's when discussion dies and we all stand to lose from it

Divide And Rule, Divide Et Impera

25 minutes ago, Sloane said:

The only 2 good things I sat up & took notice during Obamas 8 years was killing Bin Laden and gay marriage. Other than that, he can go.

And even the "killing of Osama Bin Laden" was a stunt from the word go

They knew very well where he "was hiding" and utilised it for scenic effect and maximum exposure at a time of need

The CIA has created Al Qaeda

And the Bush family in particular had extensive business interests with the Bin laden clan in the 80s and 90s

Here's the bitter overlooked truth

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2005/jul/08/july7.development

robin_cook_alqaeda_osama_cia_assets.jpg

robin-cook-there-is-no-al-qaeda.jpg

I absolutely cherish the opposing views in this forum. The diversity in culture and difference in opinions is incredibly important in a world that seems to be turning inward and embracing nativism and nationalism. 

All of you offer fascinating views on everything from Putin to Syria to Brexit. I've truly learned quite a bit since participating in this forum. Now that 4th quartet is over I can comment more around here.

I was being facetious with my earlier comment too FYI  

Xo to you guys. 

8 minutes ago, XXL said:

I think people mistake being critical of Obama's admin or of Hlllary Clinton's track record in office as being pro racism, pro conservativism etc  I really don't understand that false equation. The world isn't exactly black or white, people need to start discussing issues in a less cartoonish, John Wayesque good guys vs bad guys reductive narrative

The George W. Bush Axis Of Evil rethoric is stuff for Nickelodeon viewers at best

Does expressing my serious doubts about Hillary Clinton or US governments in general coziness towards violent, corrupt and oppressive Saudi Arabia while in the same breath they claim and want to sell to the world the notion that they have a vested interest in removing Assad for the children of Syria necessarily makes me someone who agrees with Trump?? Is analysing how we got to this point just as important as not condoning ignorance and violence?

People are caught up in a world of labels and what really matters and how they are managing to fool people from ACROSS THE POLITICAL SPECTRUM gets lost in translation

Also just because you may disagree or not be fully aware of a situation and its origins it doesn't mean you have to bring down someone else's opinion/perception based on the mere fact that you can't accept it or don't view it in the same way. None of us have the exact truth of everything in our pockets, when you make a mockery of someone and you fail to address the points they raise that's when discussion dies and we all stand to lose from it

Divide And Rule, Divide Et Impera

Couldn't agree more. This literal, black or white world we are being almost FORCED into accepting these days (by those who wish it that way) will be the death of us all - figuratively if not literally.

I couldn't be more left of centre or be more pro-women, that doesn't mean I can't recognise that Hillary Clinton was a disastrous choice from the get go, that women like Thatcher and May aren't pond scum, that the politics of the right haven't infiltrated traditional left wing parties across the world, that the majority of western civilisation  remains willingly ignorant of the foreign policy being carried out in their name...the list goes on.

Divide and Rule/Conquer indeed!

5 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

I absolutely cherish the opposing views in this forum. The diversity in culture and difference in opinions is incredibly important in a world that seems to be turning inward and embracing nativism and nationalism. 

All of you offer fascinating views on everything from Putin to Syria to Brexit. I've truly learned quite a bit since participating in this forum. Now that 4th quartet is over I can comment more around here.

Xo to you guys. 

That wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. Just a general vibe that's been happening recently, where people tend to lose their voice instead of using it. That's how political climates do change for the worse... people standing back clutching their pearls, yet doing/saying nothing.

15 minutes ago, Kim said:

Couldn't agree more. This literal, black or white world we are being almost FORCED into accepting these days (by those who wish it that way) will be the death of us all - figuratively if not literally.

I couldn't be more left of centre or be more pro-women, that doesn't mean I can't recognise that Hillary Clinton was a disastrous choice from the get go, that women like Thatcher and May aren't pond scum, that the politics of the right haven't infiltrated traditional left wing parties across the world, that the majority of western civilisation  remains willingly ignorant of the foreign policy being carried out in their name...the list goes on.

Divide and Rule/Conquer indeed!

That wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. Just a general vibe that's been happening recently, where people tend to lose their voice instead of using it. That's how political climates do change for the worse... people standing back clutching their pearls, yet doing/saying nothing.

So true.  I am strictly to the left as well but have become frustrated completely with the policies and ideology of our politicians and activists.  They should be fighting for issues such as workers rights, corporate greed, human rights for everyone and shaming billion dollar companies sending jobs off shore to exploit the workers of other countries who earn a pittance.  Instead they waffle on about minor issues while letting the FINANCIAL  right wing views slowly infiltrate their party.  It is shameful.  Plus, their sensitivity to any form of politically incorrect speech has sent people shamefully the other way.   Why people are now proud to support idiots who talk offensive racist, sexist and bigoted talk because they think that is brave and against the PC Warriors.  Creating a mess and the rise of the extreme Right Wing ideology.  

4 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

Briefs. 

Yeah.  What color are they?  Do they fit you tight?  Do they wrap around your cock nice and tight?  Do you need to take them off when you get hard?

1 hour ago, XXL said:

And even the "killing of Osama Bin Laden" was a stunt from the word go

They knew very well where he "was hiding" and utilised it for scenic effect and maximum exposure at a time of need

The CIA has created Al Qaeda

And the Bush family in particular had extensive business interests with the Bin laden clan in the 80s and 90s

Here's the bitter overlooked truth

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2005/jul/08/july7.development

robin_cook_alqaeda_osama_cia_assets.jpg

robin-cook-there-is-no-al-qaeda.jpg

Russia could've hacked it for all I care, I'm just glad the shitstain is dead.

1 hour ago, Sloane said:

The only 2 good things I sat up & took notice during Obamas 8 years was killing Bin Laden and gay marriage. Other than that, he can go.

Oh yeah.  Only two?  You wanna watch, or do you want to be watched?

Let me show you....  Oh yeah.  

I love girls. 

12 minutes ago, WeboGirl said:

Yeah.  What color are they?  Do they fit you tight?  Do they wrap around your cock nice and tight?  Do you need to take them off when you get hard?

:lmao: I love you

Guest Pud Whacker
1 hour ago, KalamazooJay said:

Xo to you guys. 

I LOVE KALAMAZOO!!!:headbang:

Guest Pud Whacker
2 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

What a world we live in when there's a thread in a Madonna forum lavishing praise on Vladimir Putin and another knocking Obama for being 'unfit' for office. 

2017 is going to make 2016 look like a picnic on a rainbow. 

you know who you can thank for that!!! :headbang:

send cash, checks or money orders to....Mr. Pud Whacker

and please no worthless pesos... @ULIZOS  :ass:

23 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

So true.  I am strictly to the left as well but have become frustrated completely with the policies and ideology of our politicians and activists.  They should be fighting for issues such as workers rights, corporate greed, human rights for everyone and shaming billion dollar companies sending jobs off shore to exploit the workers of other countries who earn a pittance.  Instead they waffle on about minor issues while letting the FINANCIAL  right wing views slowly infiltrate their party.  It is shameful.  Plus, their sensitivity to any form of politically incorrect speech has sent people shamefully the other way.   Why people are now proud to support idiots who talk offensive racist, sexist and bigoted talk because they think that is brave and against the PC Warriors.  Creating a mess and the rise of the extreme Right Wing ideology.  

This and the reason why I'm so passionate about my views is because I fear for the state the world as it stands and/or is going to now. The rise of the extreme right wing ideology which is full of racism and bigotry is something I just can't accept and I'm appalled that some people would rather stand by their middle of the road conservative ideology while in truth they're slowly falling into the trap of xenophobia, racism and bigotry. I find it so disgusting some people would stand by those men whose political agenda is to destroy the core and values of our democracies. A lot of people argue this is all Obama or Hillarys or the democratic party's fault and I think that's just another excuse; another way to place the blame; to ease their conscience if you like. But Obama and Hillary are not the ones to incite people to hate on others. They were not supported by racists, sexists and bigots during their campaigns. That's my point. Truthfully we can't excuse bad behaviour or bad thinking regardless of the state of the country. Simple as.  Since Brexit and Trump I'm wondering whatever happened to the concept of human rights; to our values of love and respect. Have humans lost the plot? 

I've got single friends that pay the  $2000 penalty because it's cheaper than their monthly premiums. It's a sad situation.

The law was structured such that annual rate hikes for ACA plans were prohibited until after the 2012 election (and then subsequently delayed until after the 2016 election). That's why people started getting their "Your ACA plan costs are increasing XX% starting in January" letters.

The entire purpose was to pass the costs down the road until the next president was in office and could just nationalize everything. The way it was structured, with the delayed individual mandate, delayed employer mandate, and delayed premium increases, it's like a time bomb.

I suspect they always wanted to push for the single payer system.

4 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

This and the reason why I'm so passionate about my views is because I fear for the state the world as it stands and/or is going to now. The rise of the extreme right wing ideology which is full of racism and bigotry is something I just can't accept and I'm appalled that some people would rather stand by their middle of the road conservative ideology while in truth they're slowly falling into the trap of xenophobia, racism and bigotry. I find it so disgusting some people would stand by those men whose political agenda is to destroy the core and values of our democracies. A lot of people argue this is all Obama or Hillarys or the democratic party's fault and I think that's just another excuse; another way to place the blame; to ease their conscience if you like. But Obama and Hillary are not the ones to incite people to hate on others. They were not supported by racists, sexists and bigots during their campaigns. That's my point. Truthfully we can't excuse bad behaviour or bad thinking regardless of the state of the country. Simple as.  Since Brexit and Trump I'm wondering whatever happens to the concept of human rights; to our values of love and respect. Have humans lost the plot? 

This.

We live in the age of every man for himself and where no one considers himself to be accountable for anything. It is always the fault of others and never of theirs. This is the fertile ground for the rise of this type of populist politicians.

Truth, dignity, fact, human rights, respect, common good : almost no one cares anymore and those who still worry about it are being intimidated until they are silent (the use of the pejorative term SJW as soon as someone discusses human rights is a example of that).

1 hour ago, Martin B. said:

This.

We live in the age of every man for himself and where no one considers himself to be accountable for anything. It is always the fault of others and never of theirs. This is the fertile ground for the rise of this type of populist politicians.

Truth, dignity, fact, human rights, respect, common good : almost no one cares anymore and those who still worry about it are being intimidated until they are silent (the use of the pejorative term SJW as soon as someone discusses human rights is a example of that).

So true.  I have noticed people in my own country not caring less about human rights.  Refugees and their young children being confined to disgusting camps for many years for example - they side with the conservative parties on their treatment because politically they think it will help them.  They don't fight for real issues and human rights anymore.  People have lost their compassion for others in so many ways.  Unless it directly concerns them,  they don't care.