1. 1. What will 2017 bring?

• Work on a New Film?
    • Work on a New Album?
    • More TOAC shows?
    • New Album Release?
    • Soundtrack Single?
    • Other?

tasteinmen    0

As much as I'd love new music, she seems determined to make this new movie. We all thought this had disappeared but unfortunately the topic came up again the other month.

Sloane    0

Other. Soundtrack single in 2nd place.

Idk

karbatal    0

Question. Do you guys think that after the leakgate she will announce that she's recording a new album?  

If she decides to go simple and avoid the mess of rental producers she will record it without anyone knowing.  

Love Spent    0
11 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Question. Do you guys think that after the leakgate she will announce that she's recording a new album?  

If she decides to go simple and avoid the mess of rental producers she will record it without anyone knowing.  

Great idea!

I think she just get's so passionate and wants to scream it from the rooftops, NEW MUSIC IS COMING! And then... :angel:

karbatal    0

Yassss 

Some trustful team,  long juicy sessions and the album is ready. LAP was recorded in like two weeks.  

Love Spent    0
3 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Yassss 

Some trustful team,  long juicy sessions and the album is ready. LAP was recorded in like two weeks.  

We can only pray for this.

rebelheart    0
1 hour ago, karbatal said:

If she does that she would have to record with a whole lot less producers then she worked with on MDNA & RH...

It would probably never happen, but I'd like to see her do some outside the box music projects. Go rogue. Put out a some EPs with 4 or 6 super creative songs and videos and maybe not get tied up with the typical album process. She gets to be creative and change the styles, sounds and themes often - we get interesting music and visuals.. Win Win.  

I won't hold my breath. :)

Nightshade    0

Only based on what's she's offered recently in interview snippets, I'd wager a new movie is going to come first. Plus, she just wrapped up a world tour not but 9 months ago and considering how every new album seems to have a tour hot on its heels, I'd think she wants a little more time between them.

On the other hand, getting a film made takes forever. And, I am really curious who is going to fund it as her film projects of late haven't made any money. Not to say she couldn't fund it herself, or that such a labor of love isn't worth it (creatively), but films are a business. If your movies aren't bringing in the masses, it's really hard to attract the proper talent and investors - let alone distributors. Also, let's not forget that in her September 2013 Reddit chat that the next thing on her "to do" list was direct a new movie, and nothing ever materialize on that front so she just started working on Rebel Heart.

I think it'd be kind of cool if she self-funded and directed a small, independent film with unknown actors that centers on something pertinent but kind of left-field. Something like that gay boxer story that was rumored a while back. I think a gay athlete story is something she could parlay to the screen quite well - seeing as how she's the ultimate gay icon, obviously challenges the male heterosexual power structure regularly, and has had long-standing ties to the athletic world. And of course, I'd love her to do a new soundtrack song - if not for her own film than for someone else's. And write it with Patrick Leonard because it would be the ultimate fait accompli to see those two accept an Oscar for best song in 2018.

The next album really needs to be a tour de force that gives a big nod to all the fallen cultural figures of the past few years. She's the last one standing, and her voice is now much more important now. I suspect it will be unapologetically political as well - I think the Trump administration will be a very sobering thing for women and minorities. 

MeakMaker    0
53 minutes ago, FlyOnTheWall said:

It would probably never happen, but I'd like to see her do some outside the box music projects. Go rogue. Put out a some EPs with 4 or 6 super creative songs and videos and maybe not get tied up with the typical album process. She gets to be creative and change the styles, sounds and themes often - we get interesting music and visuals.. Win Win.  

That would be nice. 

jonski43    0

I'm expecting a year of nothing other than film development TBH :( 

And we had no leaks over Christmas which we normally used to get so I think it will be a very quiet M year. 

I hope I'm wrong but with the RH tour just finished I think she'll want to do something else like the film.

Oh well! 

Jitterbug    0

It'll prob be the equivalent of 2013, just a long break, mini side projects and the tour DVD.

rebelheart    0

Last year was basically 2013 besides the first few months , I hope this year will be like 2014 when she created a new album!

loowee    0

Hopefully movie this year and album in 2018. I honestly feel like if she makes a record now it's all gonna be ranting about Donald Trump and sexism and I don't want that.

rebelheart    0
1 hour ago, loowee said:

Hopefully movie this year and album in 2018. I honestly feel like if she makes a record now it's all gonna be ranting about Donald Trump and sexism and I don't want that.

Nothing wrong with an album like American Life again, she could also talk about all the icons who have now passed on & how she is now the last one left (although she already sort of sang about it on "Iconic"). 

VogueMusic    0
11 hours ago, karbatal said:

Yassss 

Recorded.

Writing and producing takes time though.

VogueMusic    0
9 hours ago, FlyOnTheWall said:

LOVE this idea.

Nick    0
4 hours ago, loowee said:

Honestly, I don't want it at all either even though fans might want it. Just a downer and played out. 

spotlight    0

I wouldn't be terribly dissapointed if we got a movie. I really enjoyed WE.

karbatal    0
1 hour ago, VogueMusic said:

Recorded.

Writing and producing takes time though.

I meant written too.  Pat called Madonna,  they met and wrote all songs in less than a week.  

Vogue in two days 

She has spent months in Rebel Heart but that was because of those losers' schedules.  

Butter9    0

Probably another film but i would love a new album though .

loowee    0
4 hours ago, rebelheart said:

Nothing wrong with an album like American Life again, she could also talk about all the icons who have now passed on & how she is now the last one left (although she already sort of sang about it on "Iconic"). 

But AL the album is nothing like the title track itself. I just speculate that if she is to make one record at this moment it will be all about promoting freedom of expression, revolution of love, fighting against sexism, ageism and Trump in a very literal way and that's just not my cup of tea.