Putin / Russian Politics Thread

Guest Pud Whacker

Guest Pud Whacker

:inlove:

for the record Vlady and I are the exact same height.  5'7 and fabulous. 

Immortal Vladimir Putin? Russian leader visits anti-ageing pill factory

RUSSIAN president Vladimir Putin toured a Russian factory working on ANTI-AGEING pills.

PutinRUSSIA

SCHEMING: Putin toured a Russian factory working on anti-ageing pills

The 64-year-old Kremlin leader visited the Biocad plant in St Petersburg with ailing Kazakhstan leader Nursultan Nazarbayev, 76, who has failed so far to nominate his heir in his energy-rich central Asian state despite his advanced years.

As well as seeking a "youth pill" in laboratory tests, the plant is also working on treatments to combat cancer.

Of an anti-ageing breakthrough, scientist Alexander Karabelsk told Putin and Nazarbayev: "We are expecting the first results within a year.

"Our goal is not to extend life but more to allow a person to improve the quality of life and feel younger in the older years."

PutinPH

CANCER CURE: The agency is also working on treatments to combat cancer

“Our goal is not to extend life but more to allow a person to improve the quality of life and feel younger in the older years”

Alexander Karabelsk

Such therapy should help reduce risks of cardiovascular disease and cancer which are the two main causes of mortality worldwide.

Should the clinical trials be successful, youth pills would allow increase life to 130 years in just 20 or 30 years, the two presidents were told.

Biocad is seen as Russia's leading innovative biotechnology company.

Under their respective constitutions, Putin is limited to one more six year term in office in the Kremlin, while technically Nazarbayev could go on for ever, if his health permits.

PutinPH

LOOKING AHEAD: Putin's ally Vyacheslav reckons he'll look for another six years in office

Putin said last week it was too early to say if he would stand for reelection in 2018, while Nazarbayev - known as "leader of the nation" in Kazakhstan, won a new five year mandate with 98 per cent of the vote in 2015.

The visit to the anti-ageing plant came soon after a strong hint from the Putin camp that he does intend to stay in power until the age of 71.

A close ally of the strongman – formerly his chief of staff and now speaker of the Russian parliament – has publicly called on him to seek another six year term in 2018.

"People are waiting for it," said Vyacheslav Volodin, a key player in United Russia party, Putin's vehicle of power.

"I am not just counting on it, I would like it to happen."

If Putin served another six year term, he would be 71 when he stepped down in 2024.

It would take a change in the constitution for him to remain in power longer.

He originally came to power as acting president at the dawn of the new millennium in 2000 with the surprise resignation of Boris Yeltsin.

After two terms of four years each he reverted to his earlier role of prime minister before reclaiming the presidency in 2012 from ally Dmitry Medvedev.

Volodin denied he had his own ambitions to become president, although he is seen as a possible future Kremlin leader alongside a cadre of rival politicians with security backgrounds who Putin appears to be grooming.

Putin's spokesman indicated it was premature to discuss the 2018 election.

Putin: Russia will not expel anyone in response to US sanctions

586654f0c3618836248b45dd.jpg

The Russian president has rejected a suggestion of the foreign ministry to expel 35 American diplomats in response to a similar move by the US. He said Obama’s act was designed to provoke a reaction, but Russia would not take the bait.

“We reserve the right to retaliate, but we will not sink to the level of this irresponsible ‘kitchen’ diplomacy. We will take further moves on restoring Russian-American relations based on the policies that the administration of President-elect Donald Trump adopts,” Russian President Vladimir Putin said in a statement published by the Kremlin website.

Putin said that, unlike the Obama administration, Russia will not target foreign diplomats and their families days before New Year’s celebrations.

“We will not forbid families and children from spending the New Year’s holidays at the places they are used to. Moreover, I invite the children of all American diplomats with accreditation in Russia to New Year’s and Christmas festivities in the Kremlin,” the Russian president said.

Putin said he regretted that US President Barack Obama is ending his term “in such a way,” but that he extended his New Year’s congratulations to the outgoing US president and his family nevertheless.

“I congratulate President-elect Donald Trump and the entire American people!” he concluded.

Earlier, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov suggested that Russia respond to the expulsion of 35 Russian diplomats from the US by expelling 35 American diplomats from Russia. Similarly, the eviction of a Russian diplomatic staff from two vacation houses in the US would be mirrored by a similar eviction of Americans in Russia.

President Obama targeted Russian diplomats as a part of wider sanctions against Russian, which he justified by the alleged interference by the Russian government in the November presidential election in the US. Moscow denies the allegations.

https://www.rt.com/news/372256-putin-diplomats-expulsion-rejects/

28 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Oh please.. It's only because fake friend Mr Grab Them By The Pussy President is going to be in office in less than a month and everything will fall into plan for Russia. Honest why are people even trying?  

You better ask Obama. Why is he even trying? He is just making a fool of himself and the US for the entire world to see on plain sight.

Sadly, all this idiocy will be left for Trump to resolve.

Well.. if the US has hard cold evidence to prove Russia has been meddling with their election I think it didn't leave no other options. Of course Trump will undo whatever Obama is doing. Israel, Russia, immigration, etc.. Trump will change everything. Putin is not fussed by the last few days of Obama in power.. he knows his buddy will lick his arse. After all all that Russia meddling served Trump in the first place. 

13 minutes ago, Nessie said:

You better ask Obama. Why is he even trying? He is just making a fool of himself and the US for the entire world to see on plain sight.

Sadly, all this idiocy will be left for Trump to resolve.

Why is he even trying? Somebody has to stand up to Russia.. Putin can be the rightful dictator in his country but then he should let other countries do what they want. No one is saying anything on how bad his country is so what gives him the rights to cyber attack the US and use those info to influence a campaign with all that emails scandal?! Shouldn't he worry about his starving country? 

1 hour ago, MeakMaker said:

Why is he even trying? Somebody has to stand up to Russia.. Putin can be the rightful dictator in his country but then he should let other countries do what they want. No one is saying anything on how bad his country is so what gives him the rights to cyber attack the US and use those info to influence a campaign with all that emails scandal?! Shouldn't he worry about his starving country? 

That is if you assume those cyber attacks claims are substantiated and presented with clear evidence which so far hasn't been the case. As much as the way both Iraq and Libya were interventions based on lies from a West that disposes of their dictator puppets in third world countries when they don't need them anymore, after having financed them for decades. See all the money the Bush family gave to Saddam

The truth is that Obama has been constantly outplayed by Putin in regards to Syria. The US did nothing to prevent the advance of IS simply because IS and AlQaeda are CIA and Mossad tools to advance a few mega wealthy Western folks interests in the region plus of course creating the premises for a wider conflict involving China and Russia

Which had to come through the toppling of Assad and then (in the plans) eventually Iran which compared to medieval barbaric countries the US and EU back (Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey etc) represent the moderate face of Islam. That in itself is the first major contradiction of the West's handling of the entire region

The ultimate truth is that most politicians in the West are corrupt and constantly lie and it's not restricted to a particular political orientation but something you can see across the board

57 minutes ago, XXL said:

That is if you assume those cyber attacks claims are substantiated and presented with clear evidence which so far hasn't been the case. As much as the way both Iraq and Libya were interventions based on lies from a West that disposes of their dictator puppets in third world countries when they don't need them anymore, after having financed them for decades. See all the money the Bush family gave to Saddam

The truth is that Obama has been constantly outplayed by Putin in regards to Syria. The US did nothing to prevent the advance of IS simply because IS and AlQaeda are CIA and Mossad tools to advance a few mega wealthy Western folks interests in the region plus of course creating the premises for a wider conflict involving China and Russia

Which had to come through the toppling of Assad and then (in the plans) eventually Iran which compared to medieval barbaric countries the US and EU back (Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey etc) represent the moderate face of Islam. That in itself is the first major contradiction of the West's handling of the entire region

The ultimate truth is that most politicians in the West are corrupt and constantly lie and it's not restricted to a particular political orientation but something you can see across the board

I'm sorry but from my understanding they do have evidence. FBI and CIA have both agreed on Russian cyberattacks. Whether you now want to talk about something else it's your prerogative but to completely dismiss the meddling of Russia in the USA elections would be to simply agreeing on that sort of policies. 

11 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

I'm sorry but from my understanding they do have evidence. FBI and CIA have both agreed on Russian cyberattacks. Whether you now want to talk about something else it's your prerogative but to completely dismiss the meddling of Russia in the USA elections would be to simply agreeing on that sort of policies. 

What is the evidence sorry?

When and where did they bring it forward?

It hasn't even been discussed

However there is evidence that the West is financially and logistically behind global terrorism

Hillary Clinton admitted so in regards to Al Qaeda, so did a former US General and a British Labour politician who quit the then government because he didn't want to have anything to do with the illegal invasion of Iraq and was very vocal in the aftermath of the 2005 London 7/7 bombings about the real CIA roots of terrorism and how the West shouldn't be dealing with terrorist acts by misleading way of "democracy exportation", which is in fact its very root cause

16 minutes ago, XXL said:

What is the evidence sorry?

When and where did they bring it forward?

It hasn't even been discussed

However there is evidence that the West is financially and logistically behind global terrorism

Hillary Clinton admitted so in regards to Al Qaeda, so did a former US General and a British Labour politician who quit the then government because he didn't want to have anything to do with the illegal invasion of Iraq and was very vocal in the aftermath of the 2005 London 7/7 bombings about the real CIA roots of terrorism and how the West shouldn't be dealing with terrorist acts by misleading way of "democracy exportation", which is in fact its very root cause

Honestly if I have to explain it to you what would be the point? Come back to reality. Even the Trump administration had to accept the Russian cyberattacks.. What's wrong with you people?! Jesus.. some of you wouldn't even accept that planet earth is round if it wouldn't fit into your own ideology.

And yes I do believe the West is behind the production, distribution and selling of weapons funding terrorism in the process. But so is Mother Russia.. so don't get it twisted into believing Putin is our world saviour. 

1 hour ago, MeakMaker said:

Honestly if I have to explain it to you what would be the point? Come back to reality. Even the Trump administration had to accept the Russian cyberattacks.. 

What makes you so sure about this? I think for obvious reasons anyone who makes such a grave allegation is bound to explain it with factual evidence. I'm still waiting for this explanation, and guess what, it will never come.

Well go get in touch with the FBI and CIA. They're the ones with the evidence.. I'm sure a USA president wouldn't just wake up one morning and issue sanctions against another country just because they feel like it. Yes Russian cyberattacks are real.. why debating it? What makes you so sure they didn't do it because Putin says so? 

I suppose Trump is going to save the day? All these years the relationship between US/Russia has been "chilly" no matter who's in office yet Trump is going to be the one that will make everyone "play nice" together? Give me a break. Just like Hillary said in one of the debates....Trump is a puppet. Not only Putin's puppet but a puppet for all the people behind him pulling the strings. He doesn't have a fucking clue. When a cataclysmic event occurs that makes 9/11 look like a walk in the park, just be thankful we have a president that knows how to handle their emails. :rolleyes:

I hope Obama sets Trump up real good....so good that it all falls on him. So, rock on Obama as far as I'm concerned. Make these last 20 something days count. After all, his entire presidency he's had unnecessary roadblocks placed just to spite him.....even in the most personal of ways. That whole Muslim/birth certificate fear mongering rhetoric that plagued him his entire 8 years is partially to blame for bringing us where we are now. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/trump-praises-putin-response-u-s-sanctions-spy-expulsion-article-1.2928988

Of course the Donald would be full of praise for his pal Putin.. he helped him win the election. He's got no concern for the breach of US security at the hands of Russia. In fact he's got no concern for national security at all.. he said it himself; he found those meetings boring and useless. The fact those wikileaks documents were all about Hillary Clinton and the Obama administration just say everything to me.. why those documents never mentioned a single word about Trump and his dodgy affairs? His tax return? His many bankruptcies? It's so crystal clear I can even see myself in that mirror.... 

Something About This Russia Story Stinks

Nearly a decade and a half after the Iraq-WMD faceplant, the American press is again asked to co-sign a dubious intelligence assessment

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/something-about-this-russia-story-stinks-w458439

2 hours ago, sotos8 said:

Something About This Russia Story Stinks

Nearly a decade and a half after the Iraq-WMD faceplant, the American press is again asked to co-sign a dubious intelligence assessment

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/something-about-this-russia-story-stinks-w458439

Very interesting article and yes it's true we haven't got much info or evidence but I follow my logic. And this ( courtesy of the author):

I have no problem believing that Vladimir Putin tried to influence the American election. He's gangster-spook-scum of the lowest order and capable of anything. And Donald Trump, too, was swine enough during the campaign to publicly hope the Russians would disclose Hillary Clinton's emails. So a lot of this is very believable.

I find it hilarious that Trump thinks it is smart of Putin to not react to the sanctions. Just shows his lack of understanding how politics and government actually works. Putin doesn't need to send any diplomats home. They will go home in the next weeks anyway because they are part of the Obama administration and once Trump is in office on the 20th of January 2017 their job is done. In the same sense Trump could claim he would fire current staff members at the White House. They will all be gone when he arrives. The last thing they probably do is to program the telephones with direct dial to the Kremlin and the Russian banks that gave him credit for his enterprises.

Funny also that Trump thinks the American economy is doing so fine because of him. I guess macroeconomics is not his forte.

48 minutes ago, Pud Whacker said:

Obama just proving how unfit he has been for 8 years.  if he wasnt black, people would be nailing him to the wall. 

46 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Exactly.

Yes and I'm sure that Mr Grab Em By The Pussy President will follow the same logic. I'm appalled by this I'm-not-racist-but-I-have-no-problem-to-say-things-that-might-be-perceived-as-racist-or-offensive mentality. 

Guest Pud Whacker
Just now, MeakMaker said:

Yes and I'm sure that Mr Grab Em By The Pussy President will follow your same logic. I'm appalled by this I'm-not-racist-but-I-have-no-problem-to-say-things-that-might-be-perceived-as-racist-or-offensive mentality. 

i have no idea what youre on about!

im not talking about Trump.

im commenting on how lame Barry's move was.  he has shown little to no strength in 8 years and this little pathetic stunt just drives home the fact that he was kind of useless.  it should have been hillary 8 years ago but nobody listened to me then, either.  

5 minutes ago, Pud Whacker said:

i have no idea what youre on about!

im not talking about Trump.

im commenting on how lame Barry's move was.  he has shown little to no strength in 8 years and this little pathetic stunt just drives home the fact that he was kind of useless.  it should have been hillary 8 years ago but nobody listened to me then, either.  

Yes by commenting his race, Pud. Which was very low imho. And yes everybody is talking about Trump indirectly because Trump will undo whatever Obama is doing... so don't worry Pud only a few days left and both the USA and Russia will be the best places on earth with Trump and Putin licking each other's arse. :lmao:

Guest Pud Whacker
12 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Yes by commenting his race, Pud. Which was very low imho. And yes everybody is talking about Trump indirectly because Trump will undo whatever Obama is doing... so don't worry Pud only a few days left and both the USA and Russia will be the best places on earth with Trump and Putin licking each other's arse. :lmao:

ok, let me rephrase it for the millennial word meltdown generation. 

Obama just proving how unfit he has been for 8 years.  if he was white, people would be nailing him to the wall.

Guest Pud Whacker

@MeakMaker i dont really want to get into this - i really dont care that much.  i really dont.  nothing against, you - of course.  i just made a remark on a message board.  ive made a handful of comments in the last few weeks because really, its very hard to deal with these semantics. 

Happy New Year to you darling.  xo