MadonnaNation.com Forums
Crux

George Michael thread

Never a fan but knew a lot here were so I came right over. Hope he died without pain, rip

Very sad and a real loss. 

Oh no! :cries:

he nearly died a few years ago,while on tour,because of a neumonia.then,he jumped from his car (?) while it was in a free way...I have always thought after this he will never come back,again, for me the stories of george coming back to sing were the real suprise...but even unexpected,it's really hard for me.he was nearly part of my family,I even have some friends that I have met because of his music,we went to his tours...

Not again, not another fabulous artist and still so young. This year really sucks hard. I am shocked.:(:cries: I watched the One more try video just yesterday. 

Here's Madonna with him in September 1989 in LA at the MTV Video Music Awards.

rip :wacko: i'm crying

Omg did not know ai love so many timeless songs. 

Devastated to hear this.  I have loved George Michael since Wham.  One of the best pop music writers and singers with so many classic songs.  Prince, David Bowie, Leonard Cohen,  Alan Rickman - so many of my favourites have died in 2016.   Just in shock. 

All of my childhood icons are dying! Such a beautiful man. A soulful voice,an amazing songwriter. I hope he was pain free and surrounded by people who loved him. Such a loss. May he rest in peace. You Have Been Loved. Xx

Wow I have no words. To me he was always the male Madonna in many ways. Talented is an understatement. One of my favorite artists ever. I have no words. Really. Truly upsetting. May he rest in peace.

i just sang to wake me up before you go go yesterday with singstar.. i rarely play the game and hear his songs.

im almost sorta hoping he was sick because its getting scary

OMG. I just heard about it. I am so shocked and saddened. What a massive blow to the music industry. I can't believe it.

wow, so unexpected! and on Christmas!

Just when a few weeks ago they were talking about some new material from him and he getting back to his ex partner.

He made such great timeless songs.

Rest in peace.

new material? getting back to his ex partner? so he wasnt sick?

I can't cope with this. GM is my favorite male artist and his voice was mind blowing. I'm gonna miss him. Bowie, Prince, George Michael - what a terrible loss for music this year.

RIP 

His duets were amazing

Tragic. 2016 needs to end ASAP, but George & his jams will live FOREVER:

I'm completely and utterly devastated. I can't believe it.

8 minutes ago, Crux said:

OMG. I just heard about it. I am so shocked and saddened. What a massive blow to the music industry. I can't believe it.

Crux,  I knew you would feel that way as we have both often talked about how much we love George Michael.  I had George posters all over my walls when I was a child - he was there with Madonna and Prince.  Loved him so much and his music has stood the test of time.  2016 has been too cruel taking so many artists I love.  

9 minutes ago, Nikki said:

so he wasnt sick?

I had forgotten how sick he was in 2011. He was treated in Vienna for Pneumonia, and almost died.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/dec/23/george-michael-reveals-pneumonia-ordeal

Whatever illness it was that took him, RIP.

I'm sure he was met by his beloved mother he missed so much.

What a crazy fucked up year!! :wacko: