MadonnaNation.com Forums
Crux

George Michael thread

12 minutes ago, spotlight said:

I still miss him. 

Me too :(

There's going to be two hour long interviews on radio 2 with him done shortly before his death with UK news presenter, Kirsty Young, who was an acquaintance.

from all I read, it sounded like he was oreosring for a comeback.

I didn't realise the "Listen Without Prejudice" remaster was released today.  I think i'll wait until the price comes down like I did when I bought the "Faith" remaster. Still have the original LWP.

Listening the Unplugged now. I forgot how good it was. His voice is like an angel. 

they did a great job of remastered the album. The rest of this deluxe edition is much less successful. First, the statement of the original cover is completely denatured by this new cover. The addition of an Unplugged associated with Older is strange.

yes, unplugged is from older´s era...I guess they wanted something for the people that has the album or the songs that they want from it already

Just watched this video of him recording the LWP allbum back in 1990. Fabulous!

i missed it to. but that clip alone is all sorts of awe's. 

So sad and I miss him too

My LISTEN WITHOUT PREJUDICE deluxe has arrived and it's so beautiful 

On 19/10/2017 at 5:38 PM, Gus said:

:(

This is so sweet and saddening at the same time. I think these words or the fact that Prince gave a private concert for Madonna while she was on tour, a few months before he died (not enough apparently for her to not get subjected to a spate of "skepticism" and malevolence over her tribute), are a much more poignant and truthful commentary on Madonna, her impact, her legacy in 2017 than any silly tabloid story that still surrounds her 35 years later. Some lesser names should take a leaf out of these guys' books and learn to be a little bit more gracious, respectful and objective when it comes to Madonna

And George was so right, the era of the superstars is gone forever, and not just in music, now we have manufactured non stories, staged pap shots, Taylor, Bieber, 50 shades of sxxt and the likes

On 23/10/2017 at 2:31 PM, Crux said:

Just watched this video of him recording the LWP allbum back in 1990. Fabulous!

Stunning

On 19/10/2017 at 11:38 AM, Gus said:

:(

He is sooooooo on point, unfortunately. 
What a brilliant man. 

On 20/10/2017 at 5:44 PM, Martin B. said:

they did a great job of remastered the album. The rest of this deluxe edition is much less successful. First, the statement of the original cover is completely denatured by this new cover. The addition of an Unplugged associated with Older is strange.

The amazing 3 cd + dvd deluxe editon has the original cover. 

Edited by cosmic_system

2 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Good news.

Just now, cosmic_system said:

is not the real cover, is a smaller version of it, with a different colour. I´m ok with all the covers, but the book inside it´s very difficult to read, not only because everything is really small, but because of the colour of the inks they have chosen.and apparently some cds are scratched. really, 5 years for this? of course, they quaility of the music it´s worth paying for everything

3 hours ago, promise to try said:

is not the real cover, is a smaller version of it, with a different colour. I´m ok with all the covers, but the book inside it´s very difficult to read, not only because everything is really small, but because of the colour of the inks they have chosen.and apparently some cds are scratched. really, 5 years for this? of course, they quaility of the music it´s worth paying for everything

Well the box set is huge, it’s not like it’s like the original cd (I have that btw). They used a totally different cover for the 2cd edition. The box set cover rappresents the original cover. My box set is perfect, the link is clear yes but it’s not a tragedy. We hd worse things with our Lady.

Edited by cosmic_system

The docu is VERY DISAPPOINTING. 

I really don't understand...the point...he told this story a million times before.

A Different Story is much better....and 4 this docu i really wasn't there 4 the constant victimization.

Sorry.

Just now, acko said:

The docu is VERY DISAPPOINTING. 

I really don't understand...the point...he told this story a million times before.

A Different Story is much better....and 4 this docu i really wasn't there 4 the constant victimization.

Sorry.

he felt the need to explain his story all the time, not only in the documentaries, but in his Naked book from 1990 for example...all the time

I thought it was disappointing too. it felt like it was following some sort of narrative to make him seem like a victim, as acko said. there was not enough about his music either. i expected more raw moments of george himself, doing his own story.

and elton always annoys me when he's talking.

I haven´t seen it yet. for me, a different story was the definitve documentary of self explanation, now I wanted something explain the 2004-2015 years, but it seems it´s not even mentioned, right?

So it turns out the BBC radio 2 two part interview won't be on catch up because of copyright and I missed the first part:banghead:

Well done to the BBC on that one!

I loved the documentary................i cried a lot.......he was such an amazing Singer/songwriter

On 9/11/2017 at 10:57 PM, Hector said:

George Michael and David Fincher’s “Freedom! ’90” Music Video Gets a 4K Remaster:

http://www.studiodaily.com/2017/11/george-michael-david-finchers-freedom-90-music-video-gets-4k-remaster/

Why the f can't they do this for LAV, MG, PDP, LAP, EY and so on?

2 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

Why the f can't they do this for LAV, MG, PDP, LAP, EY and so on?

Because Madonna does not want to and she does not understand the long-term negative consequences of not boosting her impressive catalog.

So Last Christmas is back again in the UK top 10 this week. Will it finally make it to be Christmas no 1?   Would be a lovely tribute to George, one year on.  

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:53 PM, winniehk88 said:

So Last Christmas is back again in the UK top 10 this week. Will it finally make it to be Christmas no 1?   Would be a lovely tribute to George, one year on.  

I'm hoping it will top the chart and block Pariah.