MadonnaNation.com Forums
Crux

George Michael thread

12 hours ago, Nick said:

Wasn't aware of the upcoming box set! 

Sounds very promising....

LOL. It's not promising at all really.

I've really tried to like Fantasy, but I just can't get into it. It sounds like a bad Michael Jackson b-side. Nile Rodgers is a musical genius, but this is just isn't even close to his best. Or George's.

I wonder it they'll release George Michael's Freedom from ShowTime to iTunes after the fact

6 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

I've really tried to like Fantasy, but I just can't get into it. It sounds like a bad Michael Jackson b-side. Nile Rodgers is a musical genius, but this is just isn't even close to his best. Or George's.

Same here. It's like some cheap ass fan mix with this stupid sped up vocals. Big disappointment. Hope the other mixes aren't this bad

Channel 4 will be showing his Freedom documentary on Monday, 16th October!

On 2017-10-06 at 5:03 PM, jonski43 said:

heres À trailer

On 06/10/2017 at 10:03 PM, jonski43 said:

Stunning programme and he said at the end of it he would like to be remembered as one of the last big stars alongside Madonna and Prince, and boy he's earned his place.

2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Stunning programme and he said at the end of it he would like to be remembered as one of the last big stars alongside Madonna and Prince, and boy he's earned his place.

I've just missed it!  I'll have to watch on catch up. Was it good? Any new music mentioned?

Just now, jonski43 said:

I've just missed it!  I'll have to watch on catch up. Was it good? Any new music mentioned?

It was all reflective over his career but he mentioned Madonna in the commentary a few times.

Was more powerful than I was expecting.... Easy to forget how much of himself  he had to explore as a public figure.. The stuff about Anselmo (which I am pretty sure I have not spelt quite right - apologies)... And his performance at the Freddie gig was incredible...  

1 hour ago, Anthonyw said:

Was more powerful than I was expecting.... Easy to forget how much of himself  he had to explore as a public figure.. The stuff about Anselmo (which I am pretty sure I have not spelt quite right - apologies)... And his performance at the Freddie gig was incredible...  

Just watching that bit now. So sad for him.

Really enjoying the film but who thought having James Corden in it would be a good idea?

Must admit, his voiceover from 2016 sounds slightly slurred.

The documentary was ok. I feel like i have to like it because it was his last work, but i do feel like his legacy deserves better than this. Some parts were great - just hearing George talk is always wonderful, he was so intelligent and honest, and seeing some rare live performance was great as well. Seeing his account of his relationship with Anselmo and his mid 90s struggles was also genuinely heartbreaking. The rest of it was just cheapened by random talking heads. The inclusion of James Corden ruined it for me - he is just so vanilla, unfunny, and saccharine its unreal. Oh and Mark Ronson - what is wrong with him, why does he only have a monotone way of communicating. No passion, no excitement. Watching him sit there and praise Freedom 90 in words only, just made me thinkg of all the devious acts of robbery he has committed against great artists. He and Gaga were a perfect match. I hope George's estate are keeping an eye on him for plagiarism. 

So what exactly is the difference with A Different Story ? By the sound of the premise of the new one, he already told this story.

OMG @ all that was going on during his Somebody To Love performance 

And those dicks @ Sony 

On 2017-10-12 at 5:01 AM, promise to try said:

this is still too sad for me

I know exactly what u mean. I was listening to the « this is:George Michael » playlist on Spotify today and I was on the verge of crying. His music truly was the best.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2017/george-michael-interview

George Michael's final interview to be broadcast on BBC Radio 2

George Michael: The Red Line will be broadcast for the first time on BBC Radio 2 - split across two 60 minute programmes on Wednesday 1 and Wednesday 8 November at 10pm.

8 hours ago, spotlight said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2017/george-michael-interview

George Michael's final interview to be broadcast on BBC Radio 2

George Michael: The Red Line will be broadcast for the first time on BBC Radio 2 - split across two 60 minute programmes on Wednesday 1 and Wednesday 8 November at 10pm.

Great. I'm really getting into him and may check out his album stuff.

The single has pretty much tanked though. No 85 in the UK and not charting anywhere else. 

Is it true that he talked about what prince, M, and george himself experienced as superstars is something none of the new generations will ever "get" or have for themselves? (Im paraphrasing).

Anyway, Im glad to hear his music almost every day on the radio (and the radio's only on when Im in the car, so about an hour max). He was such a beautiful person.

3 hours ago, Nikki said:

Is it true that he talked about what prince, M, and george himself experienced as superstars is something none of the new generations will ever "get" or have for themselves? (Im paraphrasing).

:(

36 minutes ago, Gus said:

aw :( and as M fans we feel the same dont we? i was born in the 80s but seeing videos from the 80s & 90s makes me so nostalgic. it's a time I wish I couldve experienced. all the rawness, the love, the heart,.. it's gone with social media/the internet

43 minutes ago, Gus said:

OMG I 'm so sad now...I just know I'm gonna cry through the whole fucking thing. I already have tears in my eyes.

@Nikki and other people from Holland & Belgium,  it will b shown on Canvas 26 October Thursday @22.50.

4 hours ago, Gus said:

I loved GM. He really was one of the last great superstars. I mean, we have the likes of Cher, Tina, Stevie Wonder and a few of those from Motown, but George along with Prince, MJ and Madonna will always be my favourites.

49 minutes ago, acko said:

OMG I 'm so sad now...I just know I'm gonna cry through the whole fucking thing. I already have tears in my eyes.

@Nikki and other people from Holland & Belgium,  it will b shown on Canvas 26 October Thursday @22.50.

amazing! thanks! 

2 hours ago, Gus said:

:imsad: Beautiful person. He is truly one of the greatest Superstars! 

6 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Great. I'm really getting into him and may check out his album stuff.

The single has pretty much tanked though. No 85 in the UK and not charting anywhere else. 

Im really not a fan of the new single either... everything that came before this song is definetaly worth a listen. He’s music has been consitently good since his wham Days. Faith, older, listen without prejudice, patience are all amazing albums. 

29 minutes ago, Mmmmm said:

:imsad: Beautiful person. He is truly one of the greatest Superstars! 

I still miss him.