Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Crux

George Michael thread

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, elijah said:

Hope they ll release it.

:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crux said:

So what do you think will happen to the material George was recently recording? Do you think Sony will polish it up and release it?

I think that if they want to they'll most likely do it and find a way to market it. As inevitable and part of the business package and fame game I loathe when record companies still get to make money off a deceased artist

Even sadder now at knowing he was working on new material and this happened

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Older IS his masterpiece.

But he doesn't have a bad album.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only own his greatest hits too. I was more of a Duran Duran fan then Madonna and Prince. I never bought albums and could only afford one or two twelve inches every so often.

It was the same with Bowie. I knew a lot of his work but never bought his stuff but when he passed away, I put together a CD compilation. Some celebrities are so well known they're part of our lives' cultural tapestry. I have lots of memories of Wham! and GM as I do Bowie and liked them as people.

It would be great to hear some new GM songs too. A company is bound to want to take advantage of the public's desire for his music. 

Finally...

Strangest Thing is another song I love!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's 2 albums which will likely see the light of day. Trojan Horse from the 90's and the one which was mostly done earlier this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Barney said:

There's 2 albums which will likely see the light of day. Trojan Horse from the 90's and the one which was mostly done earlier this year.

Trojan Horse? Any details on that and why it wasn't released?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Problems with the label. Demos came out years ago under 'Trojan Souls' 

1-1 This Kind Of Love 6:13
1-2 Maybe It's Not Your Time 4:50
1-3 One Day I'll Know 4:00
1-4 You Slipped Away From Me 5:31
1-5 Wendy Melvoin's Song 6:33
1-6 Seal's Song 6:29
1-7 W.T.F (Sade's Song) 6:19
1-8 Stevie Wonder's Song 6:56
1-9 Galaxy 5:51
1-10 Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now 4:39
1-11 Janet Jackson's Song 5:25
  Remixes/Outtakes/Demos
2-1 Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now (12" Mix) 7:38
2-2 One Day I'll Know 6:10
2-3 This Kind Of Love (Elton's Take) 4:00
2-4 Seal's Song [Demo] 3:04
2-5 Maybe It's Not Your Time (Instrumental) 4:56
2-6 Galaxy (Demo) 5:40
2-7 One Day I'll Know (Instrumental) 2:51
2-8 Janet Jackson's Song (Original Remix) 4:36
2-9 This Kind Of Love (Rough Demo) 4:58
2-10 Galaxy (Alternate Mix) 6:46
2-11 Maybe It's Not Your Time (George's 1st Take)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, karbatal said:

I will always remember him like THIS.  Every boy and man wanted to be him.  This may be a minor hit but it made the biggest impact on me.  I bought a hat too and suspenders!!!  

 

minor hit?wasn't it  number 1 in the US?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Barney said:

 Problems with the label. Demos came out years ago under 'Trojan Souls' 

1-1 This Kind Of Love 6:13
1-2 Maybe It's Not Your Time 4:50
1-3 One Day I'll Know 4:00
1-4 You Slipped Away From Me 5:31
1-5 Wendy Melvoin's Song 6:33
1-6 Seal's Song 6:29
1-7 W.T.F (Sade's Song) 6:19
1-8 Stevie Wonder's Song 6:56
1-9 Galaxy 5:51
1-10 Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now 4:39
1-11 Janet Jackson's Song 5:25
  Remixes/Outtakes/Demos
2-1 Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now (12" Mix) 7:38
2-2 One Day I'll Know 6:10
2-3 This Kind Of Love (Elton's Take) 4:00
2-4 Seal's Song [Demo] 3:04
2-5 Maybe It's Not Your Time (Instrumental) 4:56
2-6 Galaxy (Demo) 5:40
2-7 One Day I'll Know (Instrumental) 2:51
2-8 Janet Jackson's Song (Original Remix) 4:36
2-9 This Kind Of Love (Rough Demo) 4:58
2-10 Galaxy (Alternate Mix) 6:46
2-11 Maybe It's Not Your Time (George's 1st Take)

^interesting. I just read on discogs the project was shelved in 93 as GM was unable to continue due to 'devastating personal events' which presumably relates to the death of his partner.

26 minutes ago, acko said:

 

This song was posted by Fadi and people are saying it should be released but Andrew Ridgeley says it shouldn't as GM controlled his output and it's not for others to decide what is released. I don't agree though. Now GM is dead, it seems pointless music sitting in vaults that no one can hear. Good song though. I'd love to hear more of the album as he was at a creative peak. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only thought Andrew was complaining about Careless Whisper? as it should be a George song not Wham. Bless him, I bet his head is fried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barney said:

I only thought Andrew was complaining about Careless Whisper? as it should be a George song not Wham. Bless him, I bet his head is fried.

He was complaining about the royalties from careless whisper being handed over to charity saying it should be a GM song that should be promoted instead but also there's another tweet about releasing an unreleased song saying he was against it.

how close were they after the wham split? Did they ever meet? It must have tough for AR as it killed his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone remember AR's flop album.... "Son of Albert"?:rotfl:

220px-Andrew_Ridgeley_Son_of_Albert_albu

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

He made an album I think called Trojan Horse in between LWP and Older that was never released also.

He was also working on a "dance/electronic" album around the same time as the White Light single a few years back.

Then he was working on another new "soul" album recently but I don't think that made it past the writing stage, he was going to use Emile Sande's producer for that one.

But there must be a few things in the vaults that hopefully we'll hear someday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jonski43 said:

He was complaining about the royalties from careless whisper being handed over to charity saying it should be a GM song that should be promoted instead but also there's another tweet about releasing an unreleased song saying he was against it.

how close were they after the wham split? Did they ever meet? It must have tough for AR as it killed his career.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

andrew and george were close.the problm with careless whisper is that it was released as a solo song in som countries as the uk, and as a wham song in others,or a "george michael with wham" song.about the trojans album, it was suppose to be sang by other people due to his legal battle with sony,I don't know if it was shelved because of alnselmo's death or because he lost the battle...by the way, the Daily mirror has said that the authopsy will.be done next week...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOVED HIM.  I Want Your Sex is one of my favourite songs EVER. Freedom video and song are Madonna/MJ great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/12/2016 at 5:15 PM, Inlakesh said:

It's interesting to see how not even Careless Whispers rose to the top of itunes, not even in the UK. But it's number 1 in the worldwide itunes anyway, which is always great to see.

 

remember that in the UK this is a very hard week, so he may have good sales in the UK, even if he is not number 1 wuth any of his songs.Actually, a lot of his song are back on itunes, maybe he had so many hits that it´s impossible to choose only one. Also, his targeted buyer don ´t seem the one that buys song on itunes...I think they, we, are more album buyers. Number 1 on amazon, but they run out of physical albums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Autopsy results have proved inconclusive so more tests needed according to BBC alert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the news of his death I've been listening to "Faith" over and over again. Such an amazing album! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

Am I the only one who loved that song?? and that video!! such an hommage to Madonna

 

 

No, I love this track too. It's on my iPod for the gym! Not such a big fan of the video but the song is a classic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

Am I the only one who loved that song?? and that video!! such an hommage to Madonna

 

 

No I too loved this song, bought the single.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×