Russian ambassador to Turkey dies after gun attack in Ankara – Foreign Ministry

sotos8

https://www.rt.com/news/370774-russian-ambassador-shot-ankara/

The Russian ambassador to Turkey has died after being shot by a gunman in Ankara, where he was attending a photo exhibition, the Russian Foreign Ministry has confirmed.

“An unknown person opened fire during a public event in Ankara. As a result, the Russian ambassador to Turkey received a gunshot wound,” Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova told journalists earlier.

The ambassador, Andrey Karlov, was injured after he was about to deliver a speech on the opening of the exhibition “Russia in the eyes of Turks.”

Photos purportedly showing the perpetrator bearing a firearm are now increasingly circulating on social media. Users are also posting pictures which they say show the Russian ambassador lying on the ground after having been shot.

http://on.rt.com/7y3a

Just now, spazz said:

I meant the shitheads who are reviving it all over again.

yeah yeah... i got it ;)
... but the sad thing; even in Lebanon I met some of these neo-ottoman fans... :/ i hate sharing the same oxygen with them :( and there are those idiotics who live in Europe and tastes the all kind of treasures of a secular life... but they vote/support the islamic parties in Turkey.

Whatever, i hope history will not repeat itself; this shi reminds me of Franz Ferdinand's murder by a serbian nationalist and the start of the World War I...
:/

57 minutes ago, PetrusPan said:

Whatever, i hope history will not repeat itself; this shi reminds me of Franz Ferdinand's murder by a serbian nationalist and the start of the World War I...

My boss just said that minutes before I read it here. :wacko:

I'm very much a history buff of ww1/ww2 and fascist/communist ideology. Agree that it does feel like history is repeating itself in some ways because of the  changes in left/right extreme politics, ethnic/religious/social tensions, and repeated terrorist attacks. It's depressing and a big concern, but I'm hoping any bigger world wide conflict can be avoided. 

2 hours ago, PetrusPan said:

yeah yeah... i got it ;)
... but the sad thing; even in Lebanon I met some of these neo-ottoman fans... :/ i hate sharing the same oxygen with them :( and there are those idiotics who live in Europe and tastes the all kind of treasures of a secular life... but they vote/support the islamic parties in Turkey.

That's what I'm scared of. Hope Putin is not going to retaliate. 

10 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

That's what I'm scared of. Hope Putin is not going to retaliate. 

I doubt that Putin would do anything. Russia and Turkey are committed together on the turkish stream project to pipe russian gas to Europe. For economic reasons any retaliation would put the project on hold causing a major financial crisis for both countries.

2 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

+ Islamists. Sunnis. Non-infidels (according to them)

this sunni label bugs me a little. :)

sunni = daech/islamists is not a correct thing. I've got lots of Syrian/Jordanian/Lebanese/Turkish sunni friends that have nothing to do with the actions of islamists/daech.

but, i know what you mean ;) i just wanted to express my feelings on this. :) and I think @spazz may agree with me :)

anyways, i think all the religions must be banned from the usage. except for madonna. only madonna can use the religion. haha

19 minutes ago, PetrusPan said:

this sunni label bugs me a little. :)

sunni = daech/islamists is not a correct thing. I've got lots of Syrian/Jordanian/Lebanese/Turkish sunni friends that have nothing to do with the actions of islamists/daech.

but, i know what you mean ;) i just wanted to express my feelings on this. :) and I think @spazz may agree with me :)

anyways, i think all the religions must be banned from the usage. except for madonna. only madonna can use the religion. haha

Sorry, I know what you mean. Most Sunni people I've met are not bad people. That's not what I meant at all. It's just become painfully clear that this is all about geopolitics and having a Sunni "democratically elected" president in Syria and finally getting rid of the Baathist party is what countries like Saudi Arabia and its allies want. 

@ULIZOS    Most of the Syrian Arab army are from Sunni sect and Bashaar AlAssad wife is sunni.  
the SUNNI Vs SHIA is something created by the WEST to create a reason for chaos & Saudi Arabia adhered it lately and plays the role of defending the Sunni ppl.
& yes @PetrusPan I agree.

7 hours ago, spazz said:

Allah Akbar !!!

wtf he was killed LIVE ON TV

I hope Putin wipes The Ottoman Empire off the map.

Don't be fooled by the Allah Akbar thing

All scripted in advance for "media resonance" to continue perpetrating the notion that everything that's happening in the region has all to do with mere fundamentalism issues and not with a much broader and really dangerous geopolitical issue that's been prominently at play for the past four decades, not to mention the past 15 years. And yes there is a difference between the Sunni  and the Shia interpretation of Islam, that is not to say that all Sunni Muslims are blind fanatics, not at all, but the funding of terrorists from Western money has found more fertile ground amid Sunni backgrounds (politically speaking, not in terms of personal faith) such as Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Turkey, Qatar etc than from moderate Muslim realities such as Iran, Syria, Iraq etc

As scripted as that Turkish military coup in July, the perfect excuse to have Erdogan eliminate more freedoms and consolidate his dictatorship. And yes, this incident is very much similar to that 1914 Franz Ferdinand episode, a pretext that could be instrumental in setting off an all out conflict.

Nobody has explained yet why Assad must go, yet the Saudi Royal family can stay even if they slaughter women, children, throw gay people off buildings and kill civilians in Yemen. The hypocrisy of a willfully silent Western media, with few exceptions. Nobody ever talks about that pipeline that would completely bypass Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Gulf countries and any NATO country, connecting Iran, Syria, Iraq through Russia straight into Europe. The pipeline that is not to be built if you ask the US Government. But "do it for the children of Aleppo" (as if in reality they gave a damn about them) while Italian, American and British weapons have been sold to the Saudis, arms being used to slaughter innocent Yemeni children right now

right now, there's the funeral of the ambassador Karlov's in Ankara.
Mr president and the mister prime minister are absent. They're in Istanbul... to open the road tunnel under the Bosphorus.

41 minutes ago, PetrusPan said:

right now, there's the funeral of the ambassador Karlov's in Ankara.
Mr president and the mister prime minister are absent. They're in Istanbul... to open the road tunnel under the Bosphorus.

CNN has just said the body has been driven to the airport to be flown to Russia. Why would they bury him in Turkey? And why the next day? I doubt he was Muslim or Jewish to bury him so quickly. Not unless there is something to be covered up.