Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Trump / US politics thread 🚽


Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, mnino said:

See, I work with taxes and EVERYONE that CAN use the tax system to their advantage does it. It includes all politicians, celebrities or anyone that can afford a tax planner. He probably saved millions in taxes because the tax code favors his type of people. If I were to protest, I would protest against the legislators that created such a monstrosity of a tax code that allows people like him to get away with it. 

I don't like to bark up the wrong tree. 

Very true but my dilemma still is if he used tax codes or loopholes to save millions on tax and everything is legit why not showing his tax return then? What is he hiding? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

No real injustice happened yet? Go tell that to the tax man. Trump must have scammed the system by the millions for him to completely admit he's got no intention to reveal his tax return. He knows he would be in deep shit. 

Have you heard of tax loss carry forwards? That's all Trump did. He didn't do anything "wrong." He did what every single business does. 

Stop shouting and screaming if you don't know what you're talking about. Is it upsetting that rich people and corporations get to write off their tax obligations? Duh. But that's how it works all over the world. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Have you heard of tax loss carry forwards? That's all Trump did. He didn't do anything "wrong." He did what every single business does. 

Stop shouting and screaming if you don't know what you're talking about. Is it upsetting that rich people and corporations get to write off their tax obligations? Duh. But that's how it works all over the world. 

But if what he does is perfectly legit according to tax codes or loopholes why not disclosing it then? I just don't get why you guys get so irritated by my point. I'm sure a lot of Americans want to know about his tax return and why he never declared it. If all he did was perfectly okay for a billionaire of his status then everything would be understood and he wouldn't have a problem with being completely honest about it. The fact he said he won't show his tax return and got no intention to because he's president now it's the biggest load of BS I have ever heard. He gets away with anything.. that's my point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

But if what he does is perfectly legit according to tax codes or loopholes why not disclosing it then? I just don't get why you guys get so irritated by my point. I'm sure a lot of Americans want to know about his tax return and why he never declared it. If all he did was perfectly okay for a billionaire of his status then everything would be understood and he wouldn't have a problem with being completely honest about it. The fact he said he won't show his tax return and got no intention to because he's president now it's the biggest load of BS I have ever heard. He gets away with anything.. that's my point. 

I'm not irritated by your point you just say things that come off like someone who's about to have a heart attack over all these imaginary doomsday scenarios you keep making up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Somebody from Trump staff said Trump did not meet her and had no plans to, he added that the Trump Tower is a public place anyone os allowed to get in. Basically she tried to troll him and he outrolled her. :IMG_1564:

The same happened when she went in Quebec a few months ago. Nobody wanted to meet her and be seen with her.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

I'm not irritated by your point you just say things that come off like someone who's about to have a heart attack over all these imaginary doomsday scenarios you keep making up.

I'm fine. My heart is doing great. Thanks for your concern. My point is perfectly valid. It was raised many times by many people so don't turn this into something that is not simply because you want to argue with me just for the sake of it. And who's making doomsday scenarios? I think you should relax yourself bruh.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody wants to argue with you. You just sound crazy. And seriously, we get it, Trump and his followers are SUPER DUPER RACIST AND HE GRABS WOMEN HE LIKES BY THE PUSSY. Can we move on already? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ULIZOS said:

Nobody wants to argue with you. You just sound crazy. And seriously, we get it, Trump and his followers are SUPER DUPER RACIST AND HE GRABS WOMEN HE LIKES BY THE PUSSY. Can we move on already? 

Says the man who is posting on a Donanld Trump thread. Do one bruh. You're starting to irritate me. Bye 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MeakMaker said:

Says the man who is posting on a Donanld Trump thread. Do one bruh. You're starting to irritate me. Bye 

I'm crazy because I post in a Donald Trump thread? :lmao:

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

I'm crazy because I post in a Donald Trump thread? :lmao:

I didn't call you crazy. You did. I'm sick of your and other members here attitude towards me. I managed to control myself very well and be nice and polite to all of you but I'm starting to get aggravated by the fact that my points always have to be ridiculed only to justify none other than Trump. Yes I do go about his racism and his choice of words when it comes down to women. I don't do it because I believe it's going to cause doomsday but because I still can't believe there are actually people here who would have no dignity or integrity and they even claim they are not biased when in truth all they do is a copy and paste of the same comments you read on the Daily Mail or Fox News. So if you don't like what I say by all means block me or don't read my posts instead of ridicule me or make out I'm crazy... I won't lose any sleep over it. Trust me bruh. Bye. Have a nice life. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

I didn't call you crazy. You did. I'm sick of your and other members here attitude towards me. I managed to control myself very well and be nice and polite to all of you but I'm starting to get aggravated by the fact that my points have always to be rediculed only to justify none other than Trump. Yes I do go about his racism and his choice of words when it comes down to women. I don't do it because I believe it's going to cause doomsday but because I can't believe there are actually people here who would have no dignity or integrity to even claim they are biased when in truth all they do is a copy and paste of the same comments you read on the Daily Mail or Fox News. So if you don't like what I say by all mean block me or don't read my posts instead of ridicule me or make out I'm crazy... I won't lose any sleep over it. Trust me bruh. Bye. Have a nice life. 

Bruh? Are you Italian? 

Anyway, what's annoying about your posts is that it's basically you, having a conversation (a VERY LONG conversation) by yourself and you don't come here to contribute or actually have a conversation with others, and you're most definitely not open to other people's opinions. It's just post after post after post after post where you sound like you're lecturing all of us on all that PC... stuff... that we're all getting sick of. You're exactly like Trump supporters, you just believe in other things. You've made up your mind about Trump and that's that. It's exactly what Obama haters did since the day he took office until today, 8 years later. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Bruh? Are you Italian? 

Anyway, what's annoying about your posts is that it's basically you, having a conversation (a VERY LONG conversation) by yourself and you don't come here to contribute or actually have a conversation with others, and you're most definitely not open to other people's opinions. It's just post after post after post after post where you sound like you're lecturing all of us on all that PC... stuff... that we're all getting sick of. You're exactly like Trump supporters, you just believe in other things. You've made up your mind about Trump and that's that. It's exactly what Obama haters did since the day he took office until today, 8 years later. 

I can say the same thing about you and other people here though. Just because you don't like what I say that does t mean I don't make valid points or are not accepted to a certain extent.  I only have a problem with you and a few others simply because you guys seem to gang up on me. Are you actually trying to pass your opinion of me as every other member here systematically? If what you say is true then everybody on this forum would share your opinion and they would say so. Of course I stand by my beliefs. They are my beliefs after all.. why would I change them?  What did I say so embellished, so out of touch, so stupid or irrational that everybody is so sick of me? This is the Trump thread after all.. that's who or what we are discussing. Do I say what all the time? He's racist? Mr Grab Them By The Pussy President? It's an effig joke for crying out loud. I always call him like that. And what about other members points on Obama, Hillary and the liberals? Don't people get sick of them either?  And I do engage in conversations; many times I agree or not agree with what other members are saying. If that is not a dialogue I don't know what it is. Just because you or LoveSpent or Nmimo haven't changed my mind that doesn't mean I'm a shitty member of this forum. Im so disappointed in you to be honest. 

Ps bruh is slang for brother where I come from in England. I was born in Italy but my family moved to England when I was 12. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

Yes let's attack the media for reporting exactly what a legit spy investigation came up with. Just because Trump said it didn't happen that doesn't make that story fake. 

I'm sure if all the media was owned by Fox News then no one would say a word because it defends the Trump regime. I'm appalled by your logic. And people here say they aren't biased?!? It's so transparent who side you guys are on. At least admit it.. instead of insulting our intelligence.

Trump is a liar. The media is giving him a hard time? It comes with the territory. Deal with it. Stop crying at the media for having a go at Trump. This is not Russia. The media can say what they want. Trump needs to grow a pair and act like an adult instead of crying at the mean media. 

There are people and press organisations who stand by Trump and his regime and there are people and press organisations who don't and mistrust him. It happens with every president. What makes Trump so different? And his supporters crying at the "unfair" media are a joke. I d say Fox News is unfair as well but I'm not there crying or discriminating against it because I don't like what they say. You guys are slowly losing the plot yourself ... must be the Trump influence....

This just goes back to what I was talking about earlier with Ulizos and his graph. Everythings been just peachy the last 8 years for the job market and, now, all of a sudden, the media's beyond reproach. You're a right wing nut if you distrust the media. Not to mention that the day before Trump won, rigged elections were a conspiracy theory, now it's mainstream. WHICH IS IT??? I even said in my comment this goes way beyond Trump. They were paid off shills a decade ago and they still are today! They sold their reputation, now its time to pay the consequences. Instead they stomp their feet and cry like babies. Nobody cares.

At least Trump is FINALLY bringing this dialogue out in the open and for THAT he is my president. 8 days :angel:

He needs to shut up about his business though and he BETTER say no to some dude in Dubai with $2B. And I really hate Pence. Don't trust him at all, can't stress it enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sloane said:

This just goes back to what I was talking about earlier with Ulizos and his graph. Everythings been just peachy the last 8 years for the job market and, now, all of a sudden, the media's beyond reproach. You're a right wing nut if you distrust the media. Not to mention that the day before Trump won, rigged elections were a conspiracy theory, now it's mainstream. WHICH IS IT??? I even said in my comment this goes way beyond Trump. They were paid off shills a decade ago and they still are today! They sold their reputation, now its time to pay the consequences. Instead they stomp their feet and cry like babies. Nobody cares.

At least Trump is FINALLY bringing this dialogue out in the open and for THAT he is my president. 8 days :angel:

He needs to shut up about his business though and he BETTER say no to some dude in Dubai with $2B. And I really hate Pence. Don't trust him at all, can't stress it enough.

I agree with your point. Don't get me wrong but truth is Trump is doing it for self motivated reasons. He's not doing it because he wants to expose the media. He's doing it because he wants to silence any publications or any news agency that doesn't agreee with him or criticises him. That was my point. Isnt that oppression? Where is freedom of speech in that respect?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to make a public apology to XXL. A couple days ago Kim said his posts were good then I said something snarky about XXL, THEN I noticed he sent me a really nice New Years greeting outta the blue. I'm sorry, XXL.

As long as im being nice, I hope MeakMaker ain't thinking about leaving. Although I agree with Ulizos last few posts to him lol we all like you MM!

I also knew billiejean was female lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sloane said:

I'd like to make a public apology to XXL. A couple days ago Kim said his posts were good then I said something snarky about XXL, THEN I noticed he sent me a really nice New Years greeting outta the blue. I'm sorry, XXL.

As long as im being nice, I hope MeakMaker ain't thinking about leaving. Although I agree with Ulizos last few posts to him lol we all like you MM!

I also knew billiejean was female lol

Thank you Sloane. I might come across difficult or maybe not exactly a writer or good communicator. I accept that. I might even agree that I can go on and on about certain issues and can be boring and frustrating for other members to read. What Ulissoz said was certainly upsetting and if anything I felt misunderstood because I truly don't want to come across that way but if I do well I can only apologise. I'm not apologising for sharing my opinions or beliefs but I apologise if I created some misunderstanding and I got people bored. 

I don't know about leaving... I'm still a Madonna fan lol and I like to read stuff about her on here so I will still be part as a member of this forum. Maybe I won't be checking the politics thread this much if at all. 

Best of luck to anyone here. :brenspin:

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sloane said:

This just goes back to what I was talking about earlier with Ulizos and his graph. Everythings been just peachy the last 8 years for the job market and, now, all of a sudden, the media's beyond reproach. You're a right wing nut if you distrust the media. Not to mention that the day before Trump won, rigged elections were a conspiracy theory, now it's mainstream. WHICH IS IT??? I even said in my comment this goes way beyond Trump. They were paid off shills a decade ago and they still are today! They sold their reputation, now its time to pay the consequences. Instead they stomp their feet and cry like babies. Nobody cares.

At least Trump is FINALLY bringing this dialogue out in the open and for THAT he is my president. 8 days :angel:

He needs to shut up about his business though and he BETTER say no to some dude in Dubai with $2B. And I really hate Pence. Don't trust him at all, can't stress it enough.

My graph was just to prove that your comment was basically bullshit. "WHAT HAS OBAMA DONE FOR MY STATE". Um, thousands and thousands of jobs were created over the last 5 years, not enough to make a real difference, but the graph showed that there's been positive jobs growth in your nothing state. Then you pretend Trump is the greatest thing to have happened because he "saved" 700 measly jobs by offering millions in dollars in tax cuts so that company doesn't leave, even though it's already in Mexico.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, and that positive job growth under Obama wasn't enough to make a real difference in your nothing state because SO MANY JOBS were lost under Bush and the Republicans. But now 8 years later they're supposed to save America and make it great again by doing exactly the same thing that caused the economy to crash :wacko: Both sides and their supporters are retarded and stupid and suffer from collective amnesia.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sloane said:

That nothing state gave the world Madonna you hussy now shut it!

 

:smile:

And she left THE SECOND SHE HAD THE CHANCE and refers to its people as "provincial" :dead:

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

I agree with your point. Don't get me wrong but truth is Trump is doing it for self motivated reasons. He's not doing it because he wants to expose the media. He's doing it because he wants to silence any publications or any news agency that doesn't agreee with him or criticises him. That was my point. Isnt that oppression? Where is freedom of speech in that respect?  

Agreed about it not being a selfless act when it come to exposing the media. You're right. But the ends outweigh the means here. I do think he cares about America though.

35 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Thank you Sloane. I might come across difficult or maybe not exactly a writer or good communicator. I accept that. I might even agree that I can go on and on about certain issues and can be boring and frustrating for other members to read. What Ulissoz said was certainly upsetting and if anything I felt misunderstood because I truly don't want to come across that way but if I do well I can only apologise. I'm not apologising for sharing my opinions or beliefs but I apologise if I created some misunderstanding and I got people bored. 

I don't know about leaving... I'm still a Madonna fan lol and I like to read stuff about her on here so I will still be part as a member of this forum. Maybe I won't be checking the politics thread this much if at all. 

Best of luck to anyone here. :brenspin:

You're not difficult at all, trust me. As far as Trump haters go, talking to a Trump voter, you're pretty darn nice. Everyone here is. This is the most civilized politics thread I've seen on the Internet these days.

It's good to take a break on the politics here though. I would, but already got my gif picked out for Inauguration Day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

And she left THE SECOND SHE HAD THE CHANCE and refers to its people as "provincial" :dead:

She called Rochester provincial, not the entire state and if you recall I agreed with that and lots of ppl here jumped on me lol. Rochester does make an excellent cappuccino however.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Nightshade said:

I am not sure I ever understand when people say the Republicans and Democrats are two arms of the same corrupt body. In that, I am not absolving Democrats from corruption, but when the Democratic Party controlled Congress AND the Presidency, they passed a law which subsidize health insurance for a great number of people, removed limitations on pre-existing conditions, and lifted the ban on gay people serving openly in the military. They did these things with little or no Republican support. Are these not good things in and of themselves? What is the first thing a Republican Congress tried to do? Gut an ethics committee providing oversight. In my opinion, the contrast has never been greater, and for all of Hillary's faults, I don't think she was an idiotic loose cannon who resorted to petty tweets or picking fights with Rosie O'Donnell in a Presidential debate.

On foreign policy, I think there is more room for debate and I feel like the situations are more complex. Does the U.S. stay out of foreign affairs and allow other far more nefarious players to dominate? If we have the ability to help people in Aleppo and we do not, is that a moral and just decision? If we get involved and ruin a country because of our involvement, does the end justify the means? I am not arguing I have the answer. But it's certainly not an easy decision to make for any party.

 

I mean that an incredible number of policies on several fronts have literally, seamlessly and shockingly stayed the same from a Bush adminstration to an Obama one, which in theory should have been diametrically opposed, unless you look at it from the perspective of who engineers and benefits the most from putting those very similar policies in place through one administration at one time and another one later on

 

Democracy Exportation  (a scam)

Terrorism (real of course but who funds it/controls it and ultimately benefits from it? these are the fundamental questions we are rarely asking ourselves imo), the notion that it would be a mere cultural issue/clash of civilisations and not something of vastly more serious geopolitical ramifications is preposterous considering currency, energy, market scenarios etc

Immigration and deportation

Banking deregulation in the wake of the worst financial collapse since 1929 (and even that was created on purpose by Obama's predecessors)

The proliferation of private security agencies in order to exert more control over people's privacy/feeedom of expression , even when it doesn't have anything to do with security issues, look at Snowden's revelations, look at the recently approved Snooper chart in Britain and similar acts being passed in other countries

 

I think people get lost in the narrative of Trump the racist, the chauvinist etc etc, which everyone can see and missing out that the same people that have infiltrated the Obama administration and were previously running the Bush years will and perhaps have already found a way to slip into Trump's ship. So the enemy is a corporate system. rather than one specific person or party, a system that has hijacked both the right and the left and uses them in alternance to fulfill its goals and needs with zero fucks given for the population

And by way when I say the Left and Right look increasingly more and more similar, I didn't mean just in the US but everywhere, that's why in Europe we've had Brexit, you have Farage, Le Pen, Salvini and a sentiment of anti corporations/anti TTIP, CETA, all those huge transcontinental murky deals, with the bad news being that those type of politicians foment a sense of protectionism and anti immigration and exploit people's fears while the immigrants who they feel threatened by are being displaced from their original countries by the same corporate interests that manouvre both the traditional main left and right parties with their fake democracy exportation imposed wars. So there u go, coming full circle with the original problem which is a highly contrived, wilily deceptive form of democracy, answering private corporate interests not our own collective interests and rights as human beings, regardless of labels and citizenship

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, XXL said:

I think people get lost in the narrative of Trump the racist, the chauvinist etc etc, which everyone can see and missing out that the same people that have infiltrated the Obama administration and were previously running the Bush years will and perhaps have already found a way to slip into Trump's ship. So the enemy is a corporate system. rather than one specific person or party, a system that has hijacked both the right and the left and uses them in alternance to fulfill its goals and needs with zero fucks given for the population

And by way when I say the Left and Right look increasingly more and more similar, I didn't mean just in the US but everywhere, that's why in Europe we've had Brexit, you have Farage, Le Pen, Salvini and a sentiment of anti corporations/anti TTIP, CETA, all those huge transcontinental murky deals, with the bad news being that those type of politicians foment a sense of protectionism and anti immigration and exploit people's fears while the immigrants who they feel threatened by are being displaced from their original countries by the same corporate interests that manouvre both the traditional main left and right parties. So there u go, coming full circle with the original problem which is a highly contrived form of democracy, answering private corporate interests not our own collective interests and rights as human beings, regardless of labels and citizenship

Wow this is extremely well said :clap:

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mnino said:

I'm guessing that what @XXL was trying to say is that either party will protect the interest of the rich elites and corporate interests that have banked their campaigns. In the end, the ringleaders will still call the shots regardless of who's "in power."

 

:thumbsup: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kim said:

World War III is definitely on the cards at some point, no question about it.

 

:thumbsup:

 

It's what the neocons and globalist criminals like George Soros want. It's been on the cards forever. People who hold all the capitals get richer by means of eternal warfare. 

 

Speaking of Trump and his foreign politics agenda

Isn't it fascinating that he proclaims his undying love for Israel and in the same breath he leans towards Russia over ISIS in Syria and the non necessity of removing Assad, on top of the fact that Assad and Russia's main ally in the region is Trump reviled Iran, Israel's #1  enemy?

Which brings me further closer to the conclusion that Trump doesn't even understand the mechanisms at play in the region and just on an instinctive basis says "wouldn't it be great if the Russians helped us quash ISIS?"

But while we are being distracted by Hillary Clinton's pizza parties with Marina Abramovich and prostitutes pissing on Trumps they are bringing this conflict closer and engineering its premises through propaganda, what astounds me though is that many people in our Western civilised world only ascribe the propaganda factor to one side and fail to see it among our very midst.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that banks and corporates rule the world, but conservative and right wing parties support their ideology more.

 It is somewhat dangerous to forgot that and lump both parties in with each other.  He might not have achieved his ultimate goals but Obama tried to reform health care and gun control, something that Trump has no intention of doing so and will turn backwards.  The parties are not the same on all issues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sloane said:

You're a right wing nut if you distrust the media. Not to mention that the day before Trump won, rigged elections were a conspiracy theory, now it's mainstream. WHICH IS IT??? 

 

:thumbsup:

 

Inconsistency number 1

Trump is just a cartoonish distraction from the actual crux of the matter. And that crux of the matter is the entire system as a whole and what its real objectives are through this or that person. They have found a way to box him in at the last minute because they wanted to hijack the relations between the US and Russia as a last resort measure

If he denies Russia's malevolent hacking intentions he automatically confirms the invalidity of his election . If he admits to it he'll have strained relations with them once again, the desired outcome from the start. WW3 has been planned as a conflict between NATO and Gulf countries (+ Israel and Turkey, though they are wild cards at this point) vs Russia, Iran and China in particular. The US elites know that the dollar system being tied to oil and not to the gold standard (since 1971) need Sunni Gulf countries in the fake quest of democracy exportation

BRICS (Brasil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) countries have all started to gravitate away from the US sphere of influence and what is happening in the South China Sea is strictly connected to that economic scenario

Had Hillary won we would have had that war much faster because she was advocating a no fly zone over Syria, of all things, which would have led to an immediate clash between American and Russian air forces, as Pentagon officials have declared in the Senate. But, alas, it looks like they really want the conflict regardless and have found another way to get it

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...