Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

4 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

and lump me into your ridiculous ideas of what anyone who doesn't support Trump believes in. 

Says the person lumping people who support Trump into your own ridiculous categorizations.  Pure gold, you can't make this up.

Just now, rebelvvv said:

Says the person lumping people who support Trump into your own ridiculous categorizations.  Pure gold, you can't make this up.

Again, you've clearly never read this thread. I have defended @Sloane and @Love Spent MANY times. I do not agree with their support for Trump but I have said repeatedly that they're NOT homophobic or racist or any of those things.

And another thing, tolerance and acceptance are two COMPLETELY different things. 

I hate all kinds of people but I tolerate them and respect their freedom to live however the fuck they want. I don't have to accept them or their lifestyles and I most definitely do not believe I have the right to force my opinions and personal beliefs on them, especially not through the legislative process. That's tolerance. It has nothing to do with everyone sitting around a campfire and hugging and loving each other.

The intolerant are the idiots in the U.S: who just because THEY'RE against abortions NOBODY should have abortions. Or just because THEY'RE against gay marriage, NOBODY should get gay married. Even though none of that affects them. And then these same people always throw around the word "freedom" and "liberty" and land of the free or whatever the fuck.

This is exactly why I get into endless debates with people like MeakMaker. I believe in tolerance. He believes in... I don't know what. 

1 minute ago, ULIZOS said:

Again, you've clearly never read this thread. I have defended @Sloane and @Love Spent MANY times. I do not agree with their support for Trump but I have said repeatedly that they're NOT homophobic or racist or any of those things.

I've never said anything that is homophobic or racist.  You don't know me at all, yet you're the one who started trolling by dumping labels on me.

Are you offended by the Palestinian funds release?  I'm not pro-Israel, but I believe in law and order.  To release funds completely without oversight directly to the Palestinian Authority as a last minute FU was absolutely irresponsible.  Or do you think any of that money will actually be seen by the Palestinian people?

Just now, rebelvvv said:

I've never said anything that is homophobic or racist.  You don't know me at all, yet you're the one who started trolling by dumping labels on me.

Are you offended by the Palestinian funds release?  I'm not pro-Israel, but I believe in law and order.  To release funds completely without oversight directly to the Palestinian Authority as a last minute FU was absolutely irresponsible.  Or do you think any of that money will actually be seen by the Palestinian people?

No, you come in here AFTER Trump is already sworn in and start attacking Obama. That's done with. Move on already. Everyone here knows I hate so much that Obama did and I hate Hillary even more.

And I'm not calling you homophobic or racist and I never said that in my post. I just think you ranting about Obama to prove whatever it is you're trying to prove is getting old.

Just now, ULIZOS said:

No, you come in here AFTER Trump is already sworn in and start attacking Obama. That's done with. Move on already. Everyone here knows I hate so much that Obama did and I hate Hillary even more.

And I'm not calling you homophobic or racist and I never said that in my post. I just think you ranting about Obama to prove whatever it is you're trying to prove is getting old.

No, I came in to respond to MeakMaker who said that the president only governs for his base.  ALL presidents do that.  Then people were incapable of understanding why people might choose differently, so I attempted to explain, but it's clearly a lost cause.  It's also why no one bothered to explain their political views BEFORE the election, because most people are so insistent on classifying everyone as this or that negative label if their views don't align.  I was also attempting to discuss policy, but as usual, it descended into personal attacks.

You may have just started selectively reading, but I voted for Obama.  He turned out to be a terrible president.  I explained why.  No, I'm not going to go into it any further than that.  But between the two choices we have, to think it's unfathomable that anyone might not have thought HRC was the better option is being equally blind.

I consider myself politically independent, but I'm not a single issue voter.  I'm pro-choice and pro-gay marriage, but as long as there is religion ANYWHERE in the world, I also understand why people might feel differently.  I agree with tolerance and that no one should impose their views on the other, but with the two-party system we have, unfortunately we don't always have the luxury of those choices.  I don't agree that continuing to rip each other to shreds over differences in political views is going to achieve anything though.  The time to vote is next election.

Rebelvvv has been posting at this forum for years.  I will say straight out I don't agree with her views on Trump and Obama at all but she is explaining her views and not hiding what she thinks.  I dislike Trump with a passion and openly admit to being a left winger but I am interested to hear her views as she states her reasons clearly. 

Just now, jazzyjan said:

Rebelvvv has been posting at this forum for years.  I will say straight out I don't agree with her views on Trump and Obama at all but she is explaining her views and not hiding what she thinks.  I dislike Trump with a passion and openly admit to being a left winger but I am interested to hear her views as she states her reasons clearly. 

I never said she hasn't been posting in the forum. I simply said she hasn't been posting in the Trump / Politics thread to come in and call me a left-winger and someone who preaches tolerance. She obviously thought I was some Obama-loving robot

I'm curious to know all the hidden secrets under Obama's presidency and all the dirty deals he has done with Saudi Arabia/Qatar & Turkey

if Hilary was elected nothing would be revealed.

23 minutes ago, Sloane said:

It's true. Ulizos is cool. I wouldnt go so far as to say he's open to both sides, but he's not a parrot of the media.

That's what I had thought before he jumped in to slam me, but I'll take your word for it.

9 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

Thanks for your support, Jazzy.  I know not everyone agrees on issues, but I always respect people's rights to have different views.

7 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

I never said she hasn't been posting in the forum. I simply said she hasn't been posting in the Trump / Politics thread to come in and call me a left-winger and someone who preaches tolerance. She obviously thought I was some Obama-loving robot

Well, that's what it sounded like when you came out of left field to attack me after I just quoted Sloane, but it's good to clear things up.  I'm not here to attack anyone or drag things out.  I responded to a couple people's points, if you don't want to read, there's always the ignore button.

15 minutes ago, spazz said:

I'm curious to know all the hidden  secrets under Obama's presidency and all the dirty deals he has done with Saudi Arabia/Qatar & Turkey

if Hilary was elected nothing would be revealed.

It's not just Obama it's the Bush's too, as far back as that stinkin father. My favorite line Trump ever uttered was "nobody said this was gonna be easy." Indeed it wont, but it had to be done. I'm all for gay rights, cringe when women are bashed by my fellow Trump supporters (I SEE U) and would prefer the Supreme Court more left leaning. Unfortunately the left just wouldn't cooperate. Crazy policies, unwilling to hear any dissenting voices, corporate entanglement, zero change. You nailed it when you said that under Hillary, nothing would be revealed. Trump instantly became my hero when he destroyed Jeb. It was beautiful. He sheds the light on those cockroaches.

40 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

I understand and I know you have strong views and you also are critical of Hilary.   You are open and honest with your views on politics at all times.  :thumbsup: I know the politics forum gets fiery and it will always be like that.  Would be strange if people did not challenge each other's views. 

I wanted to defend Rebelvvv because she is someone whom I respect greatly here. Her views and posts about Madonna have always been brilliant and she always says what she thinks plus she is one of her biggest fans.  She also has frequently called out sexists and racists in the Madonna sections. She does not hold back 

Also I am very interested in her political views because I have struggled to understand why people defended Trump and she gives clear reasons why people have.  The fact that I know that she is a thoughtful, intelligent person through reading what she has said on this forum for years, her views and reasons interest me a lot.