Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

1 hour ago, KalamazooJay said:

Oh ok. 

You haven't mentioned jailing anyone besides Obama and the Clintons so I just wanted to ask. 

Because they r the worst utter twats thats why I mentioned them 

I'm not even American & I booked the hell out of here on a holiday starting tomorrow. Hit my peak point with this shambles.

49 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Bigots like that (if this actually happened) have been living in Obama's America, Bush's American and Clinton's America. The press just didn't report every incident that happened in the past. Now, every time a racist comes out of the woods it becomes headline news with Trump attached to it. Bottom line, this politician wasn't going to the inauguration anyway so this just comes off as click-bait news. If the reporting was on the incident without mentioning Trump then I would have given it some validity. But in the end the article is not reporting an incident, it's trying to promote a narrative and that is NOT journalism, it's propaganda. Fox News has been doing that for years and now that the left decided to lower its standards too, the public is becoming more and more distrustful of the media. Trump has capitalized on it and see where it got him...

Guest Pud Whacker
8 minutes ago, mnino said:

Bigots like that (if this actually happened) have been living in Obama's America, Bush's American and Clinton's America. The press just didn't report every incident that happened in the past. Now, every time a racist comes out of the woods it becomes headline news with Trump attached to it. Bottom line, this politician wasn't going to the inauguration anyway so this just comes off as click-bait news. If the reporting was on the incident without mentioning Trump then I would have given it some validity. But in the end the article is not reporting an incident, it's trying to promote a narrative and that is NOT journalism, it's propaganda. Fox News has been doing that for years and now that the left decided to lower its standards too, the public is becoming more and more distrustful of the media. Trump has capitalized on it and see where it got him...

Of course. It's aimed right at their targets and they BIT. 

it's all ridiculous. 

27 minutes ago, mnino said:

Trump has legitimised them. He has given them a voice.  If you can't see that... well  quite frankly it's your problem,  mnino. 

Its not propaganda. Are you a right winger mnino? 

How can it be propaganda? Trump supporters going to his Inauguration Day were being racist to a group of Mexican students. How can that be dismissed as propaganda? 

If you were one of those students would you have liked to be called all those names just because of your nationality or ethinicty? It's always ridiculous; it's always fake news; it's always hypocritical; it's always biased; it's always propaganda until you are the one being attacked, discriminated or simply ridiculed because of your race, sex and sexuality, faith, etc.. 

Welcome to Trumps America.

2 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Trump has legitimised them. If you can't see that well it's your problem mnino. 

Oh, I can see. I see a narrative that has been spoon fed to the masses to continue this fear-of-the-other-side story line that has successfully divided this nation. 

P.S.: So if he had not legitimized them (which I'm not contesting), would they not have done it anyway? 

10 minutes ago, mnino said:

Oh, I can see. I see a narrative that has been spoon fed to the masses to continue this fear-of-the-other-side story line that has successfully divided this nation. 

P.S.: So if he had not legitimized them (which I'm not contesting), would they not have done it anyway? 

To be honest with you.... Maybe not.

Spoon fed to the masses ? 

Use your brain mnino. And your heart. 

We all get what we deserve, so does the US as a country with Trump. God knows what's next for us Europeans, the outlook isn't very promising either. 

We all lived in a bubble so far. I always watched documentaries about historic events, the many wars of the last century and I always been convinced it's something I would never have to deal with in real life. It's so sad to see that we are heading there again and not because 'others' are a threat to us but because we  are doing it to ourselves, getting all raged up and radical, angry and afraid. 

9 minutes ago, Lolo said:

We all get what we deserve, so does the US as a country with Trump. God knows what's next for us Europeans, the outlook isn't very promising either. 

We all lived in a bubble so far. I always watched documentaries about historic events, the many wars of the last century and I always been convinced it's something I would never have to deal with in real life. It's so sad to see that we are heading there again and not because 'others' are a threat to us but because we  are doing it to ourselves, getting all raged up and radical, angry and afraid. 

That's another way of looking at it. But I see it as the world has just found itself at a cross road. The people who want to progress, go forward, truly believe in unity and equality amongst all people and the others who believe in nationalism and their own traditions; they want to go back basically; they believe in supremacy and they only look at how much they have in their bank account.

We have grown and accepetd globalisation but a lot of people just didnt like it. So their only option is to fight against it. They claim that globalisation is the establishment which is a lie created by the real establishment but people are either too blind or stupid to see it. I believe they're just either scared or simply ignorant. And of course motivated by selfish reasons.

Everybody has the world in their hands: the Internet. But they simply don't want to have anything to do with it in real life. Globalisation was always meant to be the future for humanity but some people just won't accept it. 

I volunteer with the local community center that mentors and works with LBGTQ youth. We meet once a week. On any average week you'll find 6-10 kids. The week after Trumps election there were 19 fucking kids in our group. NINETEEN. 

Now, of course it's leveled out. But there's still more kids than we've ever had. Why? Because of an increase in bullying with the vast majority of the bullying be done in the name of Trump. This is just a fact. Two mixed students, age 15 & 14, were told they're going back to Mexico now. One lesbian student was spit on, slapped and had gum thrown in her hair. By male students. 

Of course his election has opened up the floodgates for bigotry, bullying, and racism. AND NOT ONCE has he spoken up or condemned it. Not fucking once. So to those who are saying it's "fake news" that there's more bullying or that there's too much "political correctness" or that they're a bunch of "snowflakes" you try dealing with kids who HAVE been verbally abused in the name of this vile, little man. And I have no doubt that this is reflective of what's going on at similar community centers. 

It's sickening to me the kind of defense he gets around here. I mean it's truly mind boggling. 

4 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

I volunteer with the local community center that mentors and works with LBGTQ youth. We meet once a week. On any average week you'll find 6-10 kids. The week after Trumps election there were 19 fucking kids in our group. NINETEEN. 

Now, of course it's leveled out. But there's still more kids than we've ever had. Why? Because of an increase in bullying with the vast majority of the bullying be done in the name of Trump. This is just a fact. Two mixed students, age 15 & 14, were told they're going back to Mexico now. One lesbian student was spit on, slapped and had gum thrown in her hair. By male students. 

Of course his election has opened up the floodgates for bigotry, bullying, and racism. AND NOT ONCE has he spoken up or condemned it. Not fucking once. So to those who are saying it's "fake news" that there's more bullying or that there's too much "political correctness" or that they're a bunch of "snowflakes" you try dealing with kids who HAVE been verbally abused in the name of this vile, little man. And I have no doubt that this is reflective of what's going on at similar community centers. 

It's sickening to me the kind of defense he gets around here. I mean it's truly mind boggling. 

This 100%. That's why I lost respect for a lot of people here. Seems like the deplorables are amongst us. 

I've never in my life defended Trump and people like MeakMaker, who's not even from the U.S. and won't even be affected by any of this, say he's lost respect for me and calls me a deplorable. 

So much for love and happiness and all that shit people like him supposedly stand for.

And Jay, I think that's awesome that you do volunteer work. You're actually out there contributing to your community and fighting what you believe in. You don't sit in a forum or on Facebook thinking you're making a difference by just typing in caps or sharing your opinion like most people.

14 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

I've never in my life defended Trump and people like MeakMaker, who's not even from the U.S. and won't even be affected by any of this, say he's lost respect for me and calls me a deplorable. 

So much for love and happiness and all that shit people like him supposedly stand for.

13 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

And Jay, I think that's awesome that you do volunteer work. You're actually out there contributing to your community and fighting what you believe in. You don't sit in a forum or on Facebook thinking you're making a difference by just typing in caps or sharing your opinion like most people.

Thank you so much. It's gratifying and heartbreaking all at the same time.

And I wasn't referring to you in the least with my post. I enjoy your posts, which I consider neutral and thought provoking. You clearly know what you're talking about on the issues and I don't find you deplorable whatsoever. :inlove:

Thank you so much. It's gratifying and heartbreaking all at the same time.

And I wasn't referring to you in the least with my post. I enjoy your posts, which I consider neutral and thought provoking. You clearly know what you're talking about on the issues and I don't find you deplorable whatsoever. :inlove:

I used to volunteer at an orphanage here in Mexico. I'd teach the children English. If anything, they were just SO excited to have like a big brother.

I really, really miss that :( 

3 hours ago, Lolo said:

😢

1 minute ago, billiejean said:

Image may contain: 2 people, camera and outdoor

Protesting outside Trump Tower right now.

Baldwin and Cher?

i read ppl who will try to cause chaos during the inauguration will pay $2500 

Holy hell I got verbally accosted by a Hillary voter today lol. I don't even want to get into details suffice to say some are starting to crack with the inaugaration.

Guest Pud Whacker
41 minutes ago, Sloane said:

Holy hell I got verbally accosted by a Hillary voter today lol. I don't even want to get into details suffice to say some are starting to crack with the inaugaration.

NO ELABORATE!!!

Just now, Pud Whacker said:

NO ELABORATE!!!

He was waiting for me all day after he got fired up by another Hillary voter lol. I was told I had no right to vote and he'll be on me for the next 4 years :doh:

It was basically a giant this ... :noway:

The world is crazy, pud.