Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

3 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

What i DO have a problem with is that I've been telling people like you and many of my friends who live in their damn WeHo and are completely out of touch with reality for fucking years now that people are fed up with both Democrats and Republicans but mostly Democrats and all you people did was blindly support a woman who's basically a zombie, who stood for everything people were/are sick of, and focused on things like racism and LGBT rights, which NOBODY cared these elections except for the same people who were already going to vote Democrat in the first place. People like Sloane, who voted for Trump, are NOT racist or homophobic and she tells you over and over again why she voted for him but you just keep going on and on about the 'deplorables.' 

Now, thanks to all of this, some disgusting man who saw the same exact thing came out of nowhere, saw an opportunity and went for it, and guess what? He won the election! He did it by screaming and shouting and pandering to those people who eventually helped elect him. Call if what you will but that was fucking genius.

And here you are, months later, going ON and ON about racism and him grabbing women by the pussy and it pisses me off because he's actually doing things to make jobs stay in America (by being a dick and a bully). The IMF just upgraded US growth forecasts thanks to his policies.

All you're doing is making sure he gets elected AGAIN in 4 years and that the republicans continue to control all of congress and the White House. LGBT rights aren't the center of the universe.

they sure aren't

On Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 7:45 PM, MeakMaker said:

Deplorable. Cant believe some people here are making excuses for this piece of crap called Donald Trump. Disgusting. 

John Lewis started it :roadrunner:

53 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Listen, little boy. I said Trump didn't pay taxes several years in a row because his company had massive taxable losses, which he carried forward to offset future taxable income, while you were saying that he committed a crime. 

I was simply explaining to people like you what the reality of things are. I hate Trump, but what he did is perfectly normal and legal and lying to get your crazy point across is another form of ignorance and I'm not going to sit by and let my fellow Madonna Nation members make stupid ignorant claims.

Just curious, what's your gender (you don't wanna say according to your profile). Since we now know Meak Maker is a little boy. 

21 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

What i DO have a problem with is that I've been telling people like you and many of my friends who live in their damn WeHo and are completely out of touch with reality for fucking years now that people are fed up with both Democrats and Republicans but mostly Democrats and all you people did was blindly support a woman who's basically a zombie, who stood for everything people were/are sick of, and focused on things like racism and LGBT rights, which NOBODY cared these elections except for the same people who were already going to vote Democrat in the first place. People like Sloane, who voted for Trump, are NOT racist or homophobic and she tells you over and over again why she voted for him but you just keep going on and on about the 'deplorables.' 

Now, thanks to all of this, some disgusting man who saw the same exact thing came out of nowhere, saw an opportunity and went for it, and guess what? He won the election! He did it by screaming and shouting and pandering to those people who eventually helped elect him. Call if what you will but that was fucking genius.

And here you are, months later, going ON and ON about racism and him grabbing women by the pussy and it pisses me off because he's actually doing things to make jobs stay in America (by being a dick and a bully). The IMF just upgraded US growth forecasts thanks to his policies.

All you're doing is making sure he gets elected AGAIN in 4 years and that the republicans continue to control all of congress and the White House. LGBT rights aren't the center of the universe.

I really, truly, appreciate your posts. They're thought provoking, intelligent, and funny at times. 

BUT.

I don't agree with that whatsoever. 

I don't think he 'saw' a thing. I don' t think he had his pulse on America in any way, shape, or form. He has been behaving like this his entire life and has been a part of American pop culture for over a quarter of a century. People call him the anti-Obama, but what he really is, is the anti-Reagan. I say this because, like Trump, Reagan had already created a public opinion of himself to American's by being an actor in Hollywood. He was beloved before he even became a politician and there wasn't much career politicians could say or do to persuade his 'fan base' that he was anything else than what they had already made up in their own mind. 

Now, enter Trump. This guy's been calling women pigs and dogs for decades. He's been insulting anyone and everyone who's ever crossed his path. He's been screaming his toxic bullshit in living rooms for years. AND A LOT OF PEOPLE LIKE IT! And this is what I believe Trump knew. He knew, as he said, that he could go into 5th Ave and shoot someone and his 'fans' wouldn't care. It's the same thing with Kanye, Kimmy K, and even our own beloved Madonna. The core fanbases of these individuals will NEVER abandon them regardless of WHAT they do. 

So, Trump thought he'd take our democracy on a wild ride, have some fun, then take his story on television for some kind of shitty reality series on how he ran for president and give Hillary hell the same way he did Obama. I STILL just don't believe he wanted to win this thing in it's entirety. I just don't. And quite honestly, I believe he might just be as scared as the rest of us. 

5 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

I really, truly, appreciate your posts. They're thought provoking, intelligent, and funny at times. 

BUT.

I don't think he 'saw' a thing. I don' t think he had his pulse on America in any way, shape, or form. He has been behaving like this his entire life and has been a part of American pop culture for over a quarter of a century. People call him the anti-Obama, but what he really is, is the anti-Reagan. I say this because, like Trump, Reagan had already created a public opinion of himself to American's by being an actor in Hollywood. He was beloved before he even became a politician and there wasn't much career politicians could say or do to persuade his 'fan base' that he was anything else than what they had already made up in their own mind. 

Now, enter Trump. This guy's been calling women pigs and dogs for decades. He's been insulting anyone and everyone who's ever crossed his path. He's been screaming his toxic bullshit in living rooms for years. AND A LOT OF PEOPLE LIKE IT! And this is what I believe Trump knew. He knew, as he said, that he could go into 5th Ave and shoot someone and his 'fans' wouldn't care. It's the same thing with Kanye, Kimmy K, and even our own beloved Madonna. The core fanbases of these individuals will NEVER abandon them regardless of WHAT they do. 

So, Trump thought he'd take our democracy on a wild ride, have some fun, then take his story on television for some kind of shitty reality series on how he ran for president and give Hillary hell the same way he did Obama. I STILL just don't believe he wanted to win this thing in it's entirety. I just don't. And quite honestly, I believe he might just be as scared as the rest of us. 

I have the same opinion. At some point after his first disastrous debate with Hillary he must have realized that he could actually win this because even after completely bombing that night he was still doing well on the polls!

18 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

BUT.

Def agree w/ that as much as I did many months ago. For him it was simply all about ego and 'winning' like a competitive, spoiled annoying as fuck 10 year old boy. With Hillary it was all about a power hungry beast. Had very little to do with gender. I mean it def didn't help but she had minimal ability to truly connect in a 2016 way, awful almost non existent message, awful running mate and was and will always be one the worst campaigners of all time. I still say Trump was out there working for it day after grueling day. Even if it was for all for the adulation or whatever silly reason (win/win for him even if he 'lost'), it worked as she was just THAT bad. Yes, he prob. put on the biggest bullshit show on earth. No doubt if he lost he'd already have that plan B (TV or media network etc..) already in full motion w/ Bannon.

And the fact I believe he didn't want this just infuriates to no end and makes him even more "deplorable" than I already thought he was. 

While republicans are giddy to enact some of their backwards policies, they're shitting their pants knowing they're tied to his heel by a ball & chain for the foreseeable future.

So, while things seem bleak right now for progressives, I find solace in his all but certain implosion. He doesn't have a constituency behind him, he has fans. And while many fans will remain loyal until the bitter end, all performers see a decline in ticket sales, box off sales, or viewership. It's the American way to move on to the next best thing and it's only a matter of time before the tide turns against him and America changes the channel on the "Donald Trump Show"

He probably didn't think he would win at first, but I don't know if I believe he did it all simply for an ego rush, what a thing to do for an ego kick; run for president! I'm sure these super rich people probably need bigger thrills, so perhaps it could be a possibility, but I would think it's unlikely. He said months and months ago he'd be happy to drop out and go back to work if it turned out he stood no chance. He could have begun failing his campaign then but he stuck to numerous rallies per day at some points.

Do a rewind on time to his last decade of reality TV celebrity status, we'd be shocked to imagine Donald Trump known to many simply for The Apprentice and hotels running for president in the near future, but when you look back at his interviews, he was asked about running on and off for the past 3 or so decades, there were signs him running could be a possibility. I think the closest he came to possibly running before now was 2000, is that right?

5 minutes ago, billiejean said:

He probably didn't think he would win at first, but I don't know if I believe he did it all simply for an ego rush, what a thing to do for an ego kick; run for president! I'm sure these super rich people probably need bigger thrills, so perhaps it could be a possibility, but I would think it's unlikely. He said months and months ago he'd be happy to drop out and go back to work if it turned out he stood no chance. He could have begun failing his campaign then but he stuck to numerous rallies per day at some points.

Do a rewind on time to his last decade of reality TV celebrity status, we'd be shocked to imagine Donald Trump running for president but when you look back at his interviews, he was asked about running on and off for the past 3 or so decades, there were signs him running could be a possibility. I think the closest he came to possibly running before now was 2000, is that right?

Well, this IS Donald Trump. Nothing surprises me with him. And yes, sadly, I DO believe he'd do this for an ego rush. 

I THINK he said he'd run for president in 1992 or 96. Then went on to say it in 2000, 2008, and 2012. But he's said so many batshit crazy things that it was always hard to take him seriously. And I just find it peculiar that he ran in 2016 which was a BANNER year for republican candidates. Best bench they've had in generations. 

14 minutes ago, billiejean said:

Do a rewind on time to his last decade of reality TV celebrity status, we'd be shocked to imagine Donald Trump known to many simply for The Apprentice and hotels running for president in the near future, but when you look back at his interviews, he was asked about running on and off for the past 3 or so decades, there were signs him running could be a possibility. I think the closest he came to possibly running before now was 2000, is that right?

3 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Well, this IS Donald Trump. Nothing surprises me with him. And yes, sadly, I DO believe he'd do this for an ego rush. 

I THINK he said he'd run for president in 1992 or 96. Then went on to say it in 2000, 2008, and 2012. But he's said so many batshit crazy things that it was always hard to take him seriously. And I just find it peculiar that he ran in 2016 which was a BANNER year for republican candidates. Best bench they've had in generations. 

It was enough of a topic of discussion that Madonna was asked about it in 1990:

I think Donald Trump is campaigning to be president now, carrying on.
With Marla? But he cant be president if he's had sex. That's the rule.

No, no. It's all cyclical. He wants to be like Kennedy, and he has to prove that he's a womanizer.
It's not cool to be like Kennedy anymore. Look at Gary Hart.

No, Gary Hart just didn't have it. He didn't have that aura of power.
You mean Donald Trump is powerful? He's a wimp. Oh, don't print that. I want tickets to the next Tyson fight.

I do think it's all cyclical. You go through periods where the country wants a real solid family man, and then you go through periods where the country wants 
A guy with a dick?

A potentate. And then he probably gets assassinated.
Ow! But Donald Trump? Isn't there anyone else? Couldn't we get someone more handsome?

4 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Yes yes yes. Donald Trump is all about the ego. If he had his ego in check even for 2 minutes he wouldn't be on twitter attacking people who don't agree with him. He is also very good at lying to hide his failures which that's another thing megalomaniacs do all the times.

Don't say sorry; don't accept defeat; don't admit to your mistakes...  just lie through your teeth, blame other people, attack or mock or diminish anyone who calls you out in a way or another. That's the Trumps mentality.

6 minutes ago, LSD said:

No, no. It's all cyclical. He wants to be like Kennedy, and he has to prove that he's a womanizer.

You mean Donald Trump is powerful? He's a wimp. Oh, don't print that. I want tickets to the next Tyson fight.

I do think it's all cyclical. You go through periods where the country wants a real solid family man, and then you go through periods where the country wants 
A guy with a dick?

Ow! But Donald Trump? Isn't there anyone else? Couldn't we get someone more handsome?

:lmao: Madonna has always been so ahead of the times. No wonder he hates her. 

1 hour ago, LSD said:

A guy with a dick?

This journalist is onto something here. History may be repeating itself. Kennedy vines definitely.

I hope Obama worshippers and cock suckers dont assassinate Trump or prevent his inauguration on Friday , I can't wait to see Obama and Hilary behind bars that's justice when it takes place. 😊

Qatar offered Bill Clinton one million dollars as a birthday gift .. why on why? Nothing but corruption and misery.

Guest Pud Whacker
16 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

They will try and fight the truth, as well. 

Deaf and blind. They can't see in front of their faces. , 

1 hour ago, spazz said:

I hope Obama worshippers and cock suckers dont assassinate Trump or prevent his inauguration on Friday , I can't wait to see Obama and Hilary behind bars that's justice when it takes place. 😊

Qatar offered Bill Clinton one million dollars as a birthday gift .. why on why? Nothing but corruption and misery.

Do you also support justice when it comes to the dozens of war and international crimes that occurred under the Bush administration? Or just with current and former democratic presidents? 

1 minute ago, KalamazooJay said:

Do you also support justice when it comes to the dozens of war and international crimes that occurred under the Bush administration? Or just with current and former democratic presidents? 

All Politicians 

Guest Pud Whacker

i think i found @Skin

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4130760/Protester-sets-fire-Trump-Washington-hotel.html

Anti-Trump protester sets himself on fire outside The Donald's D.C. hotel before putting himself out and surrendering to police 

• The man set himself on fire outside Trump International Hotel on Tuesday night
  • Staff inside the hotel called police and the fire department at around 9.30pm 
  • He suffered non life-threatening burns and was taken to hospital by police
  • The man said he was protesting against Trump who he said was 'incapable of respecting the constitution'

A protester set himself on fire outside Trump International Hotel in Washington DC on Tuesday. 

The 45-year-old man, who has not yet been identified, said the act was in protest of the President-elect's looming inauguration.

Witnesses described how he yelled 'Trump' several times as 'flames ran up his back' before lying down in the street.  

He suffered non-life-threatening burns and was taken to hospital shortly after the incident at around 9.30pm. 

A Washington DC Police source told DailyMail.com he was not arrested. 

Scroll down for video

A man set himself on fire in protest outside Trump International Hotel in Washington D.C. on Tuesday night. His clothes remained ablaze in the middle of the road afterwards 

A man set himself on fire in protest outside Trump International Hotel in Washington D.C. on Tuesday night. His clothes remained ablaze in the middle of the road afterwards 

The man said he was from California and that he was acting in protest against Trump 

The man said he was from California and that he was acting in protest against Trump 

In a brief interview with NBC at the scene, he said: 'I tried to light myself on fire as an act of protest. 

'(I'm protesting) the fact that we've elected somebody who is completely incapable of respecting the Constitution of the United States.'  

The man, who said he was from California, suffered third-degree burns on 10 percent of his body, according to the Washington Post. 

He had used a lighter and accelerant to start the fire.  

Authorities said they were called to the hotel after receiving a report of a person 'in distress'.  

A bypasser said it was not initially clear what the man was protesting when he set fire to items of clothing in the street outside the hotel.

'He set himself on fire and as flames ran up his back he yelled Trump several times then lay down in the street. 

Fire crews and an ambulance was called to the hotel shortly after 9.30pm to deal with the incident
Fire crews and an ambulance was called to the hotel shortly after 9.30pm to deal with the incident

(He) then walked over to the police/security,' Michael Shoag, who arrived at the hotel after the man set himself on fire, said. 

While the man appeared to have suffered burns to his back, he was able to walk. 

Trump International Hotel is on the parade route that the president-elect will travel during the inauguration on Friday as he makes his way to the White House.   

Anti-Trump protesters have been flocking to Washington DC this week ahead of the event.

At least 26 protest groups have been granted permits, which is more than four times the average for past inaugurations, according to USA Today. 

Approximately 400,000 protesters are anticipated in DC over the weekend, with more than half expected to walk on Saturday in the Women's March on Washington.  

They also inundated Ivanka Trump's Manhattan home on Tuesday, carrying moving boxes plastered with protest slogans to mock the businesswoman's move to Washington. 

New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said on Tuesday he would also join demonstrators at a protest outside the family's Manhattan hotel on the eve of the inauguration.

'I'm rallying at Trump Int’l Hotel at 6PM on January 19 because our next president needs to hear from all NYers before he takes office. Join us,' the mayor tweeted.

Washington DC Police said the man was not arrested and did not suffer life-threatening injuries

Washington DC Police said the man was not arrested and did not suffer life-threatening injuries

Trump's strategy on Mexico could be 'dagger at Ohio'

President-elect Donald Trump's threats to firms using Mexico as a manufacturing base will be counterproductive and could eventually cost thousands of American jobs, Lawrence Summers, the former U.S. Treasury Secretary, warned Wednesday.

Summers noted that Trump's "rhetoric and announced policies" over Mexico have led to a big fall in the value of the Mexican peso against the dollar.

The peso has fallen almost 20 percent against the dollar to a record low since Trump's victory in November. That makes it even cheaper to invest in Mexico and export goods from there.

"That decline in the peso is a dagger at Ohio; it is a major change in the relative attractiveness of locating production activity in Mexico versus locating it in the American heartland," Summers told a panel at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

"And the consequence of that is measured not in the dozens or hundreds but in the thousands, or ten thousands or even hundreds of thousands of jobs."

The lesson of history, he added, is that "classic populism is invariably counterproductive for those in whose name it is offered as a policy regime."

Ahead of his inauguration as president Friday, Trump has demanded the auto industry build more cars in the U.S. Ford, Hyundai, General Motors and Fiat Chrysler have all recently announced large investments in their U.S. operations and the creation of jobs.

Carlos Ghosn, chairman and CEO of the Renault-Nissan alliance, has a contrasting view to that of Summers, arguing that carmakers will likely increase capacity in the U.S. in the years to come.

Speaking to The Associated Press, Ghosn said Trump's policy was clear: "It's America first and jobs in the United States."

Ghosn said he hoped this would be expanded upon in the coming days with clear policies from the Trump team.

"All the carmakers have listened to this message and will act in consequence," he said.

If the U.S. car market, as the world's second-largest, continues to grow, then Ghosn expects "more and more capacity."

19 minutes ago, billiejean said:

Guys, President Donald just uploaded a new picture.

Image may contain: 1 person, indoor

Writing my inaugural address at the Winter White House, Mar-a-Lago, three weeks ago. Looking forward to Friday.

Image result for eyebrows kid gif

It took me a while to find him in that mess of tacky tiles he's behind. 

13 hours ago, spazz said:

All Politicians 

Then in addition to Obama and Hillary, both the first and second Bush need to be locked up, Bill Clinton, Joe Biden, Dick Cheney, Al Gore, Dan Quayle, John Kerry, Colin Powell,  Madeline Albright,  Condoleezza Rice, James Baker, George Shultz........I think Carter is safe though. I don't think he dropped any bombs on anyone. Surely, I'm missing someone though??

Who else we need to lock up?? 

LOCK THEM UP!! 

2 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Then in addition to Obama and Hillary, both the first and second Bush need to be locked up, Bill Clinton, Joe Biden, Dick Cheney, Al Gore, Dan Quayle, John Kerry, Colin Powell,  Madeline Albright,  Condoleezza Rice, James Baker, George Shultz........I think Carter is safe though. I don't think he dropped any bombs on anyone. Surely, I'm missing someone though??

Who else we need to lock up?? 

LOCK THEM UP!! 

Very good point. All politicians are corrupted; part of the wealth elite by working with and for the banks lobbies. Mainly they're all liers. Show me a poltiician who has never lied or acted truly on behalf of the public (especially the poor people) and I ll show you heaven.

Once again it's all biased opinions sweeping this forum. Obama and Hillary are the worst because they're democrat? Or because one is black and the other is a woman. Jeez, Satan would come across better compared to Obama and Hillary according to some people here... 

This thread is truly as toxic as the Trump himself. :ugh:

All things aside. I can't bear the thought of that smug bastard officially becoming POTUS. The simple thought of it makes me ill. It's so indicative of the complete shambolic state this world is in. SMH

7 minutes ago, San said:

All things aside. I can't bear the thought of that smug bastard officially becoming POTUS. The simple thought of it makes me ill. It's so indicative of the complete shambolic state this world is in. SMH

Same here.  Just the thought of that obnoxious, lying, arrogant, sexist and racist buffoon being president of the United States makes my blood go cold.