Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

@Nightshade

Sorry I can't seem to be able to quote your previous post on Saudi Arabia as I'm on smartphone.

You said something along the lines of "damned if we intervene, damned if we don't" and made a comparison between Assad bombing his people (another manipulated unchallengeable Western mainstream dogma as we have seen before with Iraq, Lybia and many other instances).

Saudi Arabia IS using weapons of British, Italian and American production against Yemeni civilians including children. On top of being one of the top 3 worst countries for human rights. Until we frame all the Middle Eastern conflicts within its actual and accurate structure of a fight for energy domination and appropriation we'll never get out of this mess. It is not a mere issue of Left vs Right policies but of US policies in general. The US has kept the Bin Laden and Husseins etc in business and disposed of them when they were no longer needed.

The conflict between Yemen and Saudi Arabia is in reality a proxy confrontation between the US and Iran. I am always astounded that for a Western block (EU included) that claims to support human rights and thinks democracy exportation is an asset would ironically if not downright nonsensically and hypocritically proceed to do so through the backing of the oppressive face of Islam in the figure if Sunni realities like medieval and beyond filthy corrupt Gulf countries vs Shiite countries such as Iran and Syria

The reality of the situation is that the West has thrown money at fundamentalism within Islam for decades, first against Russia in the 70s and 80s, as Hillary Clinton herself admitted, then to have the excuse to wade its way into the toppling of undesired middle eastern leaders who were opposing their imperialistic designs for the region. Right now Syria and Iran are the only two countries that stand in the way of achieving that goal. And even with Egypt and Iraq lately things haven't exactly gone the way Washington was hoping for within the broader regional context

The US badly needs control of the entire region as its currency it's tied to oil and it's on the verge of cracking too. Without even needing to mention the conflict of interest in the form of astronomical indebtment with China and their dumping of US treasuries in favour of gold which all the South China Sea scenario is actually all about.

Also the videos you dismiss as "youtube conspiracy videos" contain material treated by great intellectuals such as Noam Chomsky, Anthony C Sutton, not some average David Icke folk, I wouldn't be automatically dismissive of anything that doesn't adhere to CNN or BBC narratives.

Rather than just being upset at the vulgarity and escalation of political discourse we should always ask ourselves who benefits the most from any type of situation.

46 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

I don't think I explained myself clearly regarding the Internet and online news. I am not saying that all information and news found online is incorrect or false. A lot of it is true and correct.   I only am speaking about people that believe everything that they read online and take it as fact while dismissing everything they see or read on the news as being false.  I personally know a lot of these  people and the things they believe are shocking. They actually believe every theory they read and dismiss everything in the news. With Trump continually dismissing everything that the media says as being fake and a conspiracy against him, he is giving them validation and tapping into that thought. That is what I am alluding to. 

:thumbsup:

I understand what you meant now. Thanks for clarifying it

3 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

Dollar set for worst week since Nov. on U.S. policy uncertainty

The U.S. dollar edged lower on Friday, putting in on track for its worst week since early November against a basket of currencies as traders grew uneasy about the scarcity of new information regarding U.S. President-elect Donald Trump's economic policies.

The dollar index, which measures the greenback against a basket of six major currencies, was last down 0.16 percent at 101.190. The minor gains combined with losses on Wednesday and Thursday to lead to a roughly 1 percent drop for the week.

The index had gained earlier Friday, and the dollar had risen as much as 0.6 percent against the yen to a session high of 115.44 yen, after the Commerce Department said retail sales increased 0.6 percent in December and November's sales were revised up to show a 0.2 percent rise.

The gains wore off, however, and the dollar was last down 0.11 percent against the yen at 114.58 yen. The dollar was set to drop 2 percent against the yen for the week to mark its worst weekly showing since late July 2016.

"We're having a pretty profound risk-off sentiment percolating through the currency markets," said Karl Schamotta, director of FX strategy at Cambridge Global Payments in Toronto. "There is just a paucity of information around (Trump's)deregulation, tax reform, and fiscal stimulus plans."

The dollar tumbled on Wednesday and Thursday, and hit five-week lows against the euro, yen and Swiss franc on Thursday, on disappointment that Trump did not address pro-growth economic policies at his first news conference since his Nov. 8 election victory.

The dollar index, which also hit a five-week low Thursday, had rallied 4 percent between the election and Jan. 11 on expectations that Trump's policies would boost inflation and encourage the Federal Reserve to raise interest rates.

Analysts said the dollar would likely trade within a range until Trump's policies became clearer. Trump is set to be sworn in as president on Jan. 20.

"Right now, (traders) are probably waiting for the inauguration, to what type of speech President-elect Trump presents," said Joseph Trevisani, chief market strategist at WorldWideMarkets in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.

The euro was last up 0.3 percent at $1.0640 after touching a session low of $1.0597 after the U.S. retail sales data. The euro was set to post its best week against the dollar since early November with a roughly 1 percent gain. (Reporting by Sam Forgione; additional reporting by Marc Jones in London; Editing by David Gregorio and Tom Brown)

http://www.reuters.com/article/global-forex-idUSL1N1F31V4

Long planned sinking of the Dollar underway. And with it the preliminary stages of WW3

3 hours ago, XXL said:

@Nightshade

Sorry I can't seem to be able to quote your previous post on Saudi Arabia as I'm on smartphone.

You said something along the lines of "damned if we intervene, damned if we don't" and made a comparison between Assad bombing his people (another manipulated unchallengeable Western mainstream dogma as we have seen before with Iraq, Lybia and many other instances).

Saudi Arabia IS using weapons of British, Italian and American production against Yemeni civilians including children. On top of being one of the top 3 worst countries for human rights. Until we frame all the Middle Eastern conflicts within its actual and accurate structure of a fight for energy domination and appropriation we'll never get out of this mess. It is not a mere issue of Left vs Right policies but of US policies in general. The US has kept the Bin Laden and Husseins etc in business and disposed of them when they were no longer needed.

The conflict between Yemen and Saudi Arabia is in reality a proxy confrontation between the US and Iran. I am always astounded that for a Western block (EU included) that claims to support human rights and thinks democracy exportation is an asset would ironically if not downright nonsensically and hypocritically proceed to do so through the backing of the oppressive face of Islam in the figure if Sunni realities like medieval and beyond filthy corrupt Gulf countries vs Shiite countries such as Iran and Syria

The reality of the situation is that the West has thrown money at fundamentalism within Islam for decades, first against Russia in the 70s and 80s, as Hillary Clinton herself admitted, then to have the excuse to wade its way into the toppling of undesired middle eastern leaders who were opposing their imperialistic designs for the region. Right now Syria and Iran are the only two countries that stand in the way of achieving that goal. And even with Egypt and Iraq lately things haven't exactly gone the way Washington was hoping for within the broader regional context

The US badly needs control of the entire region as its currency it's tied to oil and it's on the verge of cracking too. Without even needing to mention the conflict of interest in the form of astronomical indebtment with China and their dumping of US treasuries in favour of gold which all the South China Sea scenario is actually all about.

Also the videos you dismiss as "youtube conspiracy videos" contain material treated by great intellectuals such as Noam Chomsky, Anthony C Sutton, not some average David Icke folk, I wouldn't be automatically dismissive of anything that doesn't adhere to CNN or BBC narratives.

Rather than just being upset at the vulgarity and escalation of political discourse we should always ask ourselves who benefits the most from any type of situation.

The Yemen situation is actually a coalition of Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Morocco, Jordan, Sudan, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain. The U.S. is providing support, as is Britain. Please don't lay the entire thing at one person's doorstep as they're all complicit. And although I am not justifying what's going on there, I think bigger players are trying to help determine who will win that civil war. So when much of the region is involved in bombing civilians how is any one country worse than the other? They've all got a hand in that bloody pie.

I don't really think the oil/dollar basis you keep suggesting makes any sense. Ever since the U.S. started fracking practices, our reliance on Saudi oil has dropped and the currency no longer depends as much on how much oil comes out of the Middle East. And this strange notion about how indebted we are to China really must stop. I think as of October, the U.S. owed more to Japan than China. And foreign governments hold about 33% of all of our debt - the rest we owe to ourselves. No one over here is quaking in their boots about that yet. Heck, China should want us to succeed, or they're never getting that money back. 

9 hours ago, Nightshade said:

The Yemen situation is actually a coalition of Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Morocco, Jordan, Sudan, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain. The U.S. is providing support, as is Britain. Please don't lay the entire thing at one person's doorstep as they're all complicit. And although I am not justifying what's going on there, I think bigger players are trying to help determine who will win that civil war. So when much of the region is involved in bombing civilians how is any one country worse than the other? They've all got a hand in that bloody pie.

I don't really think the oil/dollar basis you keep suggesting makes any sense. Ever since the U.S. started fracking practices, our reliance on Saudi oil has dropped and the currency no longer depends as much on how much oil comes out of the Middle East. And this strange notion about how indebted we are to China really must stop. I think as of October, the U.S. owed more to Japan than China. And foreign governments hold about 33% of all of our debt - the rest we owe to ourselves. No one over here is quaking in their boots about that yet. Heck, China should want us to succeed, or they're never getting that money back. 

OPEC decided to cut production of oil and even got other countries on board just a few months ago. That's very good news for oil producing countries (like the US).

If OPEC were to decide tomorrow to double production the international price of oil would plummet. If they decided to seriously cut the production of oil it would send international prices through the roof. 

The latter situation would send international markets into a frenzy and cause serious hardships for Americans since basically all consumer goods and staple goods depend heavily on the cost of commodities and transportation costs. 

If you think the fact that the US produces more oil than ever means Saudi Arabia, which basically controls the strongest Oil cartel (that's what OPEC is called) in the world, doesn't have the US and basically the entire world by the balls you're wrong. 

28 minutes ago, Lucky Star One said:

I had to post this video I found on twitter. It's just chilling.

Deplorable. Cant believe some people here are making excuses for this piece of crap called Donald Trump. Disgusting. 

12 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Deplorable. Cant believe some people here are making excuses for this piece of crap called Donald Trump. Disgusting. 

Oh please

Criticising what the outgoing admin has done, in its continuation of neocon policies, doesn't automatically mean making excuses for Trump or endorsing him. We are all adults and should learn to develop a more informed, comprehensive, critical undertsanding and outlook on worldwide issues

Labelling and condemning others for expressing doubts over a much broader scenario at play that sees the same people implement the same policies while standing in the background is not going to free us and enlighten us as to what the bipartisan politics of society impoverishment have been bringing in for quite a while now

53 minutes ago, Lucky Star One said:

I had to post this video I found on twitter. It's just chilling.

Well, now wonder he professes unconditional love for a state like Israel

7 minutes ago, XXL said:

Oh please

Criticising what the outgoing admin has done, in its continuation of neocon policies, doesn't automatically mean making excuses for Trump or endorsing him. We are all adults and should learn to develop a more informed, comprehensive, critical undertsanding and outlook on worldwide issues

Labelling and condemning others for expressing doubts over a much broader scenario at play that sees the same people implement the same policies while standing in the background is not going to free us and enlighten us as to what the bipartisan politics of society impoverishment have been bringing in for quite a while now

Zzzzzz

26 minutes ago, XXL said:

Oh please

Chatting about whatever you think it might be right or wrong  won't change a damn thing though... people should just unite and fight the pig America has for president. How about that XXL?

36 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Chatting about whatever you think it might be right or wrong  won't change a damn thing though...

Yes it will. People not being informed is what got us into this mess in the first place. No discussion = no change

37 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

people should just unite and fight the pig America has for president. How about that XXL?

People can do both.

20 hours ago, Nightshade said:

The Yemen situation is actually a coalition of Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Morocco, Jordan, Sudan, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain. The U.S. is providing support, as is Britain. Please don't lay the entire thing at one person's doorstep as they're all complicit.

And that's exactly what I was referring to in my other posts. The US and Western countries in general endorse oil calliphates who represent the violent face of Islam while in the same breath claiming to want to export democracy to those other Shiite moderate Islam countries that don't bend to its willingness to control the entire region.

If you think fracking has made North America any less dependent on oil you are wrong. The Syrian conflict in particular is all about Iran and Syria having a pipeline of their own, a pipeline that would bypass all of those Western-allied Gulf countries and delivering oil and gas into Europe. What we are witnessing in this day and age is the last one big geopolitcal mega war over the control of resources and the value of currencies. It's not about laying the entire thing at one person's doorstep, it's about understanding the world we lived in before the first two world wars and the one that started being molded on the basis if the ashes of the second global conflict

When I say that that the US creates his own enemies in order to later on justify regional interventions I am not saying something unimaginable or completely far removed from the reality of things. And i would like to add that your description of what is going on in Venezuela is also inaccurate.

We exported the Wahabi brand of Islam and we won against the Soviet Union :scared:   

(for anybody who knows what Wahabism entails that is)

But the demonic Soviet Union came to be on the premise of that 1917 Revolution, the irony!

A revolution funded by those same banking elite that I was earlier claiming to control ALL political parties, in the US and anywhere else

Creating both blocks and then engineering conflicts to bring about the desired outcome

hqdefault.jpg

So going full circle in creating the enemy that you're supposedly protecting people from, in a cat eats its own tail type of game, will give you the excuse to do whatever you want

robin_cook_alqaeda_osama_cia_assets.jpg

quote-there-were-no-international-terror

Screen-Shot-2015-08-17-at-11.25.33-AM-10

01:08

Let's be very clear, ISIS is not just a terrorist organisation, it is a Sunni terrorist organisation

That means it blocks and targets Shia and that means it's serving the interests of Turkey and Saudi Arabia EVEN AS it poses a threat to them

Because neither Turkey nor Saudi Arabia want an Iran, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon bridged that would isolate Turkey and cuts Saudi Arabia off

General, are you suggesting Vladimir Putin had a point then when he suggested that Turkey was aiding ISIS?

We know they funnelled people going through Turkey to ISIS, someone is buying that oil that ISIS is selling is going through somewhere ...

11 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

Yes it will. People not being informed is what got us into this mess in the first place. No discussion = no change

People can do both.

How can you not see some members here support Trump and his policies? It's so transparent. They keep going on and on about Hillary and Obama to deflect the argument. While the US is about to face one of the darkest times in its history all people are doing here is to find scapegoats and give us history lessons without focusing on the main issue here. Exactly what the GOP wants people to do. A lot of the posts in this thread have got nothing to do with Trump whatsoever. Stay focus.. that's all I'm saying.

47 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Chatting about whatever you think it might be right or wrong  won't change a damn thing though... people should just unite and fight the pig America has for president. How about that XXL?

People should fight against racism, violence, ignorance, populism whenever and wherever they see it, not just in the figure of a new head of state if it comes to a head of state who displays those nasty traits. In every day life

However whenever here a broaden outlook in terms of political manouvering and world geopolitics is attempted to be discussed, a veil of conformity descends at the mere suggestion that the Left parties are complicit in the scamming engineered by those financial lobbies and elites to whom wars, privatisations, ideological and psychological propaganda are all huge assets

But I am always surprised when I hear or read people that talk about the Syrian conflict without even knowing the difference between a Sunni country and a Shiite country and countless other things that are very important and makes all the difference in the discussion

5 minutes ago, XXL said:

People should fight against racism, violence, ignorance, populism whenever and wherever they see it, not just in the figure of a new head of state if it comes to a head of state who displays those nasty traits. In every day life

However whenever here a broaden outlook in terms of political manouvering and world geopolitics is attempted to be discussed, a veil of conformity descends at the mere suggestion that the Left parties are complicit in the scamming engineered by those financial lobbies and elites to whom wars, privatisations, ideological and psychological propaganda are all huge assets

But I am always surprised when I hear or read people that talk about the Syrian conflict without even knowing the difference between a Sunni country and a Shiite country and countless other things that are very important and makes all the difference in the discussion

Maybe it's because people don't care about those things. And I do agree with you on many points. My only concern is the now. What's done is done. Trump won't solve anything. He will make it a lot worse. And I'd actually love to know why he still hasn't been stopped from being president after all the findings with his Russian meddling. What about his tax returns? Why they don't care about that? Why not talking about those things... I'm wondering.

18 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

How can you not see some members here support Trump and his policies? It's so transparent. They keep going on and on about Hillary and Obama to deflect the argument. While the US is about to face one of the darkest times in its history all people are doing here is to find scapegoats and give us history lessons without focusing on the main issue here. Exactly what the GOP wants people to do. A lot of the posts in this thread have got nothing to do with Trump whatsoever. Stay focus.. that's all I'm saying.

I thought the title of the thread was Trump AND US politics

Whatever happens in terms of foreign policy in particular is intrinsically tied to the last 60 years of US foreign policy

11 minutes ago, XXL said:

I thought the title of the thread was Trump AND US politics

Whatever happens in terms of foreign policy in particular is intrinsically tied to the last 60 years of US foreign policy

Again another way to deflect the problem. Why is this man so protected? Who's protecting him? Why has he gotten away with so much? Why not debating on that? 

And this thread was only dedicated to Trump and then the title was changed to give way to criticisms that have nothing to do with the problem which is Trump. You see the pattern here... 

About Venezuela

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/20/venezuela-revolt-truth-not-terror-campaign

March 2014  

When it comes to Venezuela, John Kerry knows which side of the class war he is on. Last week, just as I was leaving town, the US Secretary of State doubled down in his fusillade of rhetoric against the government, accusing President Nicolás Maduro of waging a “terror campaign against his own people”. Kerry also threatened to invoke the Inter-American Democratic Charter of the OAS against Venezuela, as well as implementing sanctions.

Brandishing the Democratic Charter against Venezuela is a bit like threatening Vladimir Putin with a UN-sponsored vote on secession in Crimea. Perhaps Kerry didn’t notice, but just a few days before his threats, the OAS took a resolution that Washington brought against Venezuela and turned it inside-out, declaring the regional body’s “solidarity” with the Maduro government. Twenty-nine countries approved it, with only the right-wing governments of Panama and Canada siding with the US against it.

Article 21 of the OAS’s Democratic Charter applies to the “unconstitutional interruption of the democratic order of a member state” (like the 2009 military coup in Honduras that Washington helped to legitimize, or the 2002 military coup in Venezuela, aided even more by the US government). Given its recent vote, the OAS would be more likely to invoke the Democratic Charter against the US government for its drone killings of US citizens without trial, than it would be to do so against Venezuela.

Kerry’s “terror campaign” rhetoric is equally divorced from reality, and predictably provoked an equivalent response from Venezuela’s foreign minister, who called Kerry a “murderer”. Here’s the truth about those charges from Kerry: since the protests in Venezuela began, it appears that more people have died at the hands of protesters than security forces. According to deaths reported by CEPR in the last month, in addition to those killed for trying to remove protesters’ barricades, about seven have apparently been killed by protesters’ obstructions – including a motorcyclist beheaded by a wire stretched across the road – and five National Guard officers have been killed.

The domestic politics of Kerry’s posturing are pretty simple. On the one hand, you have the right-wing Florida Cuban-American lobby and their neo-conservative allies screaming for overthrow. To the left of the far right there is, well, nothing. This White House cares very little about Latin America, and there are no electoral consequences for making most of the governments in the hemisphere more disgusted with Washington.

Perhaps Kerry thinks the Venezuelan economy is going to collapse and that will bring some of the non-rich Venezuelans into the streets against the government. 

26 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

If you think the real issues aren't being discussed then you should bring them up yourself. A lot of your posts have nothing to do with Trump but with calling out other members. How is that more productive than posting about politics at large?

14 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

If you think the real issues aren't being discussed then you should bring them up yourself. A lot of your posts have nothing to do with Trump but with calling out other members. How is that more productive than posting about politics at large?

I always talk about Trump here. Show me one post of mine that is not about Trump. And calling out who? If some people here are republican or conservative or whatever it's only fair they admit to it instead of giving us rethorics after rethorics that sound right wing from the get go.

Anyway back to Russia. This guy wrote a Twitter thread that does a pretty good job of explaining some of Trump's ties to Russia. I'm displaying it as a link so the whole thread is visible.

https://twitter.com/chris_baugh_/status/818998378285580292

The allegations in the dossier are nothing new. People have been talking about them for years, even before Trump ran for president. I really wonder if impeachment is around the corner but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Here's some more info someone wrote out, very long but worth reading.

Paul Manafort, who is heavily invested in Russia, becomes his campaign manager. 3 Days later Trump's stance on Ukraine changes. Meanwhile Manafort continues to meet with people in Russia. Leaks that Manafort was being paid millions by the Ukrainian puppet president come out, and he is fired. This can be seen in the dossier, as well as heavily reported throughout Trumps campaign.

Manafort also continued to live in Trump tower after being fired.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/15/us/politics/paul-manafort-ukraine-donald-trump.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/20/us/politics/paul-manafort-resigns-donald-trump.html

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/11/30/torture-lobbyist-paul-manafort-still-advising-donald-trump-on-cabinet-picks.html

Carter Page was a nobody ex Russian banker and energy investor. He comes out of nowhere (like no one had ever heard of this guy) and becomes a Trump adviser. He too continues to meet with Russia while on Trump's team, and is in the dossier. Strangely, when Trump was later asked about Page, he said he didn't know him, even though he announced that Page would be his adviser.

Interesting article on page here:

http://www.politico.eu/article/the-mystery-of-donald-trumps-man-in-moscow-carter-page-phd/

In the interest of due diligence, I also tried to run down the rumors being handed me by the corporate investigators: that Russia’s Alfa Bank paid for the trip as a favor to the Kremlin; that Page met with Sechin and Ivanov in Moscow; that he is now being investigated by the FBI for those meetings “You are engaged in onanism,” said Leontiev, the spokesman for Rosneft and Sechin when I asked him if Page had met with Sechin. “It’s bullshit. Just bullshit. You need to understand who Sechin is to even ask this question. It’s hard to have a meeting with him at all. It’s absurd.”

Close Associate of Sechin confirms his secret meeting in moscow with Carter page- Page 30

This was the meeting they decided to Trade trump dropping sanctions for 19 percent in Rosfneft

It also says on page 25 Alfa bank gives illicit cash to Putin.

(Updating here)- Slate publsihed an article about Alfa bank pinging back and forth with Trump Tower. It was never really debunked, they just figured it could be explained as spam.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/cover_story/2016/10/was_a_server_registered_to_the_trump_organization_communicating_with_russia.html

Also from the article they talk about Richard Burt

One source suggested to me that Richard Burt, former U.S. ambassador to Germany, START treaty negotiator, and longtime lobbyist for Alfa Bank, was the nexus. It was Burt who helped draft Trump’s foreign policy speech in April, and had been advising the Trump campaign, via Senator Jeff Sessions, on foreign policy.

He is on the board of Letterone, with Aven and Friedman, who are in the dossier.

http://www.letterone.com/about-us/leadership-and-governance/board-members/richard-burt

The you have Michael Flynn.. the fired intelligence general who always seems to be meeting with Putin, and sat right next to him at a dinner.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/11/21/trumps-national-security-adviser-pick-raises-serious-questions-about-putins-influence-over-us-policy.html

The last one I'll mention is Steve Bannon. He worked closley with Farage on Brexit, and Brexit was also effected by Russian propaganda

http://www.newsweek.com/brexit-russia-presidential-election-donald-trump-hacker-legitimate-527260

Guess who Farage's political hero is? Putin. Guess who the first person Trump met with in Trump tower after he won.. Farage.

Then we know Steve Bannon was Trumps campaign manager at one time and is now his number 2. And Russia heavily influenced out election.

Bannon is now working with Le Pen in France. Guess where she is getting campaign funds from.. Russia.

The next place he wan't to influence is Germany.

This all fits with the Plan the kremlin came out with in 2013: Spread the alt-right in the west.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/12/vladimir-putin-conservative-icon/282572/

"The Kremlin apparently believes it has found the ultimate wedge issue to unite its supporters and divide its opponents, both in Russia and the West, and garner support in the developing world. They seem to believe they have found the ideology that will return Russia to its rightful place as a great power with a messianic mission and the ability to win hearts and minds globally.

As the West becomes increasingly multicultural, less patriarchal and traditional, and more open to gay rights, Russia will be a lodestone for the multitudes who oppose this trajectory. Just as the Communist International, or Comintern, and what Soviet ideologists called the "correlation of forces" sought to unite progressive elements around the globe behind Moscow, the world's traditionalists will now line up behind Putin."

Updates/additions:

Update #1. Tillerson is another very concerning pick on the Trump team. If you remember when Trump was picking his SOS, it was a crazy dog and pony show of actually qualified people being floated. He considered Romney just as payback. This went on for weeks. Then Tillerson's name gets dropped and he is vetted very quickly. Tillerson has no experience other than international business deals, someone like Corker was an obvious pick, but you needed someone who would go along with the strange policies like lifting sanctions when they are still in Crimea. If you watched his hearing yesterday, he's incredibly uninformed, and very pro Russia. But I mean, he did get their friendship medal.

He was picked because Exxon has has 63.7 million acres they can drill in Russia, which they currently cannot because of sanctions.

Rachel Maddow did a great piece on it.. around 9:30 it gets really interesting.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/exxon-needs-us-policy-change-to-cash-in-on-big-bet-on-russia-853063747565

Update #2 Quoted from a post above, but is important:

[–]klynstra Here is Carter Page in Moscow December 12, 7:00pm Moscow time, telling an audience that Tillerson is Trump's Secretary of State choice, more than 12 hours before Trump announced it in New York. Note that at about 29:30 in the tape, Page says he's been in a "number of meetings with him" (Trump). Spicer said yesterday that Trump's never met Page. Just FYI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEmg4DNVFSE EDIT to add "(Trump)

Update #3

Secretary of Commerce Wilber Ross has investment and was on the board of the Bank of Cyrus:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article121981259.html

Ross led a September 2014 rescue of Bank of Cyprus, the largest and most important bank in that island nation off the coast of Turkey. Ross’ investment group took an 18 percent stake in the bank, and he remained the bank’s vice chairman after his nomination by Trump.

He is expected to leave the bank soon, but his investment is likely to be lucrative. The bank’s shareholders last week approved taking it public, offering shares to investors on the London Stock Exchange at a price that could mean strong returns for existing shareholders. Last spring, European Union leaders announced that Cyprus had exited the rescue program for ailing banks, using only three-quarters of the billions offered.

The second largest shareholder in Bank of Cyprus is a Russian conglomerate called Renova Corp., which is headed by Viktor Vekselberg, a Russian billionaire and associate of Putin who served on the management board of Russian oil giant Rosneft, which was under U.S. financial sanctions in 2014 after Russia’s annexation of Crimea.

So Ross is not only connected to Putin via bank ties, he is also is connected with someone on the management board of the bank who's stock was said to be used to bribe Trump.

Update 4:

Figured I would add some Trump business ties with Russia. This digs into how when Trump was bankrupt he worked with Russian mobsters to launder money. Trump Soho is probably his most concerning.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/1/9/1618540/-Was-Donald-Trump-bailed-out-of-bankruptcy-by-Russia-crime-bosses

Why would Trump’s organization make such a good means of laundering funds? Because real estate has an arbitrary value. Is that apartment worth $1 million? Two million? Why not $3 million for a buyer who really wants it? When the whole transaction is just one LLC with undisclosed ownership paying another LLC with undisclosed ownership, it’s even neater than hiding the money in an offshore account. And while some businesses require due diligence in looking at the source of funds, real estate is a bit more … flexible.

The Republican presidential nominee and Bayrock were both based in Trump Tower and they joined forces to pursue deals around the world — from New York, Florida, Arizona and Colorado in the US to Turkey, Poland, Russia and Ukraine. Their best-known collaboration — Trump SoHo, a 46-storey hotel-condominium completed in 2010 — was featured in Mr Trump’s NBC television show The Apprentice.

http://time.com/4433880/donald-trump-ties-to-russia/

The Times also reported that federal court records recently released showed yet another link to Russian financial interests in Trump businesses. A Bayrock official “brokered a $50 million investment in Trump SoHo and three other Bayrock projects by an Icelandic firm preferred by wealthy Russians ‘in favor with’ President Vladimir V. Putin,’” the Times reported. “The Icelandic company, FL Group, was identified in a Bayrock investor presentation as a ‘strategic partner,’ along with Alexander Mashkevich, a billionaire once charged in a corruption case involving fees paid by a Belgian company seeking business in Kazakhstan; that case was settled with no admission of guilt.”

14 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

Anyway back to Russia. This guy wrote a Twitter thread that does a pretty good job of explaining some of Trump's ties to Russia. I'm displaying it as a link so the whole thread is visible.

https://twitter.com/chris_baugh_/status/818998378285580292

The allegations in the dossier are nothing new. People have been talking about them for years, even before Trump ran for president. I really wonder if impeachment is around the corner but I don't want to get my hopes up.

You see? This is exactly what I'm talking about. Why are people accepting that those dossiers are rubbish? Trump acted all indignant at the prospect of the media revealing the story as if people wouldn't be interested or shouldn't know about it. Of course he would say it's fake news attacking the news agency which published the story. And what people do? Nothing. They just believe Trump. It's fake news because it's unverified. That ex MI6 spy is in hiding fearing for his life but his findings are all fake apparently. 

35 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Maybe it's because people don't care about those things. And I do agree with you on many points. My only concern is the now. What's done is done. Trump won't solve anything. He will make it a lot worse. And I'd actually love to know why he still hasn't been stopped from being president after all the findings with his Russian meddling. What about his tax returns? Why they don't care about that? Why not talking about those things... I'm wondering.

And that's exactly the problem that we all have now to face.

Where did I say Trump is going to solve anything? I am saying something else. The problem and the colossal lying comes from the entire political spectrum in regards to some fundamental safety and geopolitical issues. Find instances of me cheering on what Trump has said in here or applauding his slurs or his communication style. I am saying, while people are busy with Trump, we are being lied by ALL parties in regards to several issues

First and foremost the nature and ultimate purpose that Western backed terrorism serves in disrupting entire regions for political and economical gain. Then there's the issue of Russia and China. These are not aftethoughts, they systematically tie into why Trump has been allowed to get this far to begin with. But if your understanding of those elements remains limited in an artificial narrative of good guys vs bad guys, you are limiting the scope of the discussion, which ultimately benefits no one

5 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

You see? This is exactly what I'm talking about. Why are people accepting that those dossiers are rubbish?

The only people accepting that are his most ardent supporters. The Senate Intelligence Committee has launched an investigation. They said they will issue subpoenas if necessary. Even the BBC is heavily involved in reporting about it. It is not being ignored.

The Justice Department is also investigating Comey's actions during the election, which is huge.